Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15451 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get EA CS to add TSW to their Origin account? The key won't activate by default.

And I apologize in advance if that's been answered pages back but this thread moves way too fast.

Wow...would EA even allow it to add TSW to someone's Origin account?

I thought Funcom maintained the right to having that delivered on their website (which would probably exclude Origin), since EA only published boxed copies and some 3rd party digital copies...
...while Funcom has right to distribute TSW on their OWN on their very own website.

See page 2 of this.

The Secret World

· Funcom has signed a co-publishing agreement with
EA for The Secret World.

The partners will cooperate on the marketing, sales and PR
for the game. EA will be responsible for the distribution of
the physical boxed product in all key markets.

Funcom will sell the game in digital form from its
websites.

Under the terms of the agreement, EA will
also make significant contributions to the marketing
campaign of the game. The deal terms are broadly
similar to those of previous publishing agreements
signed by the Company.

EDIT:
More of what I'm reading about TSW:
http://forums.thesec...517&postcount=8

EA only has a co-publishing contract. It is a public contract, it states EA will sell the physical version of the game (boxes).

FC keeps the online distribution. EA and FC both work on the marketing.

After the box sales EA's part of the deal is done. FC administrates the game, runs the servers, handles subscriptions, ongoing marketing... and still keeps the online distribution, why would Origin be involved, being that TSW is not developed by EA and EA doesn't hold the rights for online distribution of it?

Some people seem to mistake co-publishing with some sort of co-ownership. TSW is not an EA game.

Edited by MysterD, 03 January 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#15452 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get EA CS to add TSW to their Origin account? The key won't activate by default.

And I apologize in advance if that's been answered pages back but this thread moves way too fast.

I was wondering the same thing. I want to buy it. I have like 6 months of time on my hands, like a guy earlier in this thread. My gf, who is preggo dumped me and kicked me out and I need something to take my mind of shit.

#15453 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

cut the racism guys
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#15454 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)

^Thanks for this. :)

#15455 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

cut the racism guys

Seconded. I don't really think it's funny. My experience with Origin reps has almost always been positive.

#15456 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

cut the racism guys

With Spec Ops at $2.50 with the $5 credit, I'll make peace with the fact that my tech support job was outsourced! Love those Indians working for third world wages so I can play games. Now if only we could find jobs!

#15457 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Wow...would EA even allow it to add TSW to someone's Origin account?

I don't see why not. You still need your Funcom account to login so having it on Origin (or Steam for that matter) doesn't really change that. All it does is attach the game client to your account if you want to download it. It doesn't matter if you download it from Amazon, Steam, Origin, Funcom or hell if you torrent it even. You still need an active Funcom account.

Anyway, it's worth a try to ask. Worst they can do is say no.

Besides when someone asked Funcom about it they didn't say no, they told them to ask EA.

steam_sig.png

#15458 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't see why not. You still need your Funcom account to login so having it on Origin (or Steam for that matter) doesn't really change that. All it does is attach the game client to your account if you want to download it. It doesn't matter if you download it from Amazon, Steam, Origin, Funcom or hell if you torrent it even. You still need an active Funcom account.

Besides when someone asked Funcom about it they didn't say no, they told them to ask EA.

No idea if anyone's had success getting EA to add it to their Origin account.. but I can say that usually when you ask an Origin rep to add a game to your account (after giving them your key), they'll add a NEW key to your account, never your original key. That alone makes me think it may not be possible for them to do this, and if they did, you'd probably get an entirely new key and have to create a new TSW account with that key.

This is just what I assume though, I could be wrong. If all that's added to your Origin account is the game client, and NOT a key, then yeah it's probably possible to get it added.

#15459 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

True.

But, it really seems like Funcom has MOST of the rights to the actual online distribution of the game. That is what makes me think EA might not allow it to be added to Origin.

I could be wrong, though.
{shrug}

Usually, when Origin is involved - that is where most of the actual downloading, updating, and all of that takes place.
On TSW (from experience w/ the Beta here) - most of your updating is done via the game's very own program/client.

That's VERY interesting, actually!
We'll have to see how this all plays out!
Keep us posted!

#15460 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with MP3?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#15461 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

I installed TSW on a USB drive. Removed the USB drive, connected to another computer, and ran "The Secret World" executable in the USB Drive\Program Files\TSW directory.

Hey thanks for that post. I feel better knowing I don't have to go through another 5+ hour wait downloading.

#15462 kwirl

kwirl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

hey guys - i've got a key for farcry 3 that i won't be using so figured if anyone wanted to trade for it - i like most of you guys and i don't know if its allowed here (if so let me know and i'll delete post, this is ignorance not malice) but a couple copies of worms revolution on steam or gods and kings or x-com you get the idea.

message me here or on steam if you wanna make an offer

btw tony thanks for 2k12 - i picked up a ton of stuff, here's to getting a ton more in 2k13!

#15463 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

hey guys - i've got a key for farcry 3 that i won't be using so figured if anyone wanted to trade for it - i like most of you guys and i don't know if its allowed here (if so let me know and i'll delete post, this is ignorance not malice) but a couple copies of worms revolution on steam or gods and kings or x-com you get the idea.

message me here or on steam if you wanna make an offer

btw tony thanks for 2k12 - i picked up a ton of stuff, here's to getting a ton more in 2k13!

You can trade for Steam and PC digital goods here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563

#15464 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

mp3 sold out?
bummer

#15465 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

that was my understanding as well - based on some posts over at steam - but when I installed it from steam on top of a new windows 8 build, I found it had installed securom on my pc. At least the various methods/tools you can use to uninstall securom told me I had it installed.

btw - I had not visited any of the DLC locations.

anyhow, I plan to just remove securom once I finish the game or just not worry about it since I don't use the drive on that pc.

Interesting, I'll check next time I get the chance, already did a secumalware clean up when I got rid of GTA4. Since I would never activate those, it wouldn't really matter to remove securom after installing BL goty.

Thanks a lot for the info!

#15466 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Spoiler

Edited by CrimsonTribe, 03 January 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Workin on it

#15467 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I spent too much time on this thread and must of caught whatever Tony had that made sick the other day ;)

I took some pills and went to bed but not before adding all the games I have bought over the holidays to my steam download list, I'm almost finished just a couple of more games to go and I'll be ready to play them tomorrow when I feel better.
Spoiler

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#15468 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hitman Absolution EDITOR'S CHOICE
make it happen

#15469 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Spoiler

I like it. Especially the last one. :lol:

You might want to add a blurb on question 8 that there's a link on every item page on Amazon entitled " tell us about a lower price" where you can submit a request for a price match, which of course is still not guaranteed.

steam_sig.png

#15470 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

cut the racism guys

Hello Team, Kindly take a look at this. This is High priority. Please do the needful.

#15471 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Spoiler

I think this is a good idea, maybe Tony should add it to the OP but then again nobody ever checks the OP so it may not be of much help.

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#15472 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Spoiler

Nice. I'd say Tony should add it to the OP, but sadly no one would probably read it. If I may make one suggestion... (see edited quote for clarity)

Edit: Too bad the forum software doesn't allow (I assume) a persistent OP at the top of each new page. Might make issues like these lessen.

#15473 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hitman Absolution EDITOR'S CHOICE
make it happen

Tony said it was very unlikely that Hitman would make it into the EC list, if it does it won't be at the current sale price of $20.

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#15474 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Spoiler

Excellent idea. There really needs to be a wiki entry here we can tell people to read when they ask redundant questions and this should go right in it.

#15475 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)

Thanks for this. Some of the most useful advice I've gotten on here.

#15476 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Tony said it was very unlikely that Hitman would make it into the EC list, if it does it won't be at the current sale price of $20.

"unlikely"
not blaming you personally but i'm really fucking sick of this response
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so

#15477 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

"unlikely"
not blaming you personally but i'm really fucking sick of this response
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so

Because if he says "No" and somehow it ends up on the list, you'd get a million people whining and complaining about it. Tony's always said that if you see a good price for something elsewhere, buy it. No other site pre-advertises their sales, so Amazon doesn't really owe you anything on that front.

#15478 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given

I think there are plenty of reasons a definitive answer can't be given. I'd list them, but all they would be on my part is speculation. However, I'm pretty sure one of them is NOT to screw with tham1988. A lot of us have games we'd like to see on the list...all we can really do is politely request and hope.

#15479 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.
Posted Image

#15480 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.

The short answer is...you can jump in.