Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15481 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.

You can jump in, I did without really playing the first one. It's a fun time, definitely worth $2.50

#15482 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

"unlikely"
not blaming you personally but i'm really fucking sick of this response
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so

Wow.

This thread. :-s:shame:

As a person who does not like to deal in definites because you just never know, I can appreciate that statement.

If it bothers you so much just take the answer to be no and be pleasantly surprised (or I guess unpleasantly surprised if you but it elsewhere) if it does happen.

I don't understand how so many people got to feel so entitled in this thread, maybe it's an unintended consequence of Tony's level of direct communication with the community here, but in my opinion some people really could do with dialing their expectations back a little bit. No one is owed a sale. Ever.

People always have the option to go elsewhere if they feel like they are not having a good experience with one particular retailer for whatever the reason.

steam_sig.png

#15483 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

I think there are plenty of reasons a definitive answer can't be given. I'd list them, but all they would be on my part is speculation. However, I'm pretty sure one of them is NOT to screw with tham1988. A lot of us have games we'd like to see on the list...all we can really do is politely request and hope.

Tony's actually told us he can't give definitive answers because negotiating deals is an ongoing process for this month. That's definitive. It's a negotiation between Amazon, the publisher and often, Valve. Plenty of places don't even advertise their sales in advance, including Steam themselves.

I think you're taking the right attitude, other people are way too entitled. It's easy to forget that literally no other download services has a representative here that puts up with us all the time, asking (and sometimes demanding) the same things over and over.

#15484 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Wow.

As a person who does not like to deal in definites because you just never know, I can appreciate that statement.

If it bothers you so much just take the answer to be no and be pleasantly surprised (or I guess unpleasantly surprised if you but it elsewhere) if it does happen.

I don't understand how so many people got to feel so entitled in this thread, maybe it's an unintended consequence of Tony's level of direct communication with the community here, but in my opinion some people really could do with dialing their expectations back a little bit. No one is owed a sale. Ever.

People always have the option to go elsewhere if they feel like they are not having a good experience with one particular retailer for whatever the reason.

Yes exactly. Tony is probably negotiating what he can, and it looks negative, but a publisher could change their mind. 30 days is a long time. Look at how much stuff has sold in the Steam sale in 1.5 weeks.

The problem with your suggestion is if they go to another thread, there literally is no counterpart to Tony for the other sellers that he can make his demands to.

#15485 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.

you can jump. i believe they give you a small recap of the first game.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911            

#15486 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

i just don't understand why it would be so hard to explain how games are added
i mean is it a lottery drawing done by a computer?
how does no one know what games will be on the list?

#15487 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

The short answer is...you can jump in.

You can jump in, I did without really playing the first one. It's a fun time, definitely worth $2.50

you can jump. i believe they give you a small recap of the first game.

Thank you, all. That is all I needed- bought.
Posted Image

#15488 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

cut the racism guys

Agreed.

#15489 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Are you guys buying Hotline, or waiting for a bundle, or hoping it drops to $free.99?
Posted Image

#15490 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I just went ahead and bought it. $2.50 is a great strike price.

#15491 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Wow.

I'm hardly ever in this thread but after reading through some of it I agree. On behalf of Tony since he can't say it himself: Go Fuck yourselves you entitled pricks.

#15492 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Spoiler

Thanks for putting this together! I'd add "Search for '1000728511' in your inbox for $5 credit emails" or something similar for Q7.

#15493 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

i just don't understand why it would be so hard to explain how games are added
i mean is it a lottery drawing done by a computer?
how does no one know what games will be on the list?

At the end of the day, what does it matter how they are added? In Hitman's case, you've been given the answer of "unlikely"...it may not be the answer you were looking for, but it's an answer all the same. Maybe it would it be easier to swallow if the list was just called "Special January Promo Sales".

Edit: I'm not trying to single you out as there have been others emoting the same sentiment. But in comparison, take a look at the Steam sale. You don't see people up in arms because Valve isn't pre-releasing the flash/daily sales. (You just see people bitching cause it's a rather lackluster sale. :) )

#15494 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I just went ahead and bought it. $2.50 is a great strike price.

You're right. I haven't been buying any bundles besides HB lately, and if it's the BTA I'd be paying over $5 for it. So, $2.50 and some tax is a good buying price. It's weird paying the same for an indie game and a AAA title.
Posted Image

#15495 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

I'm hardly ever in this thread but after reading through some of it I agree. On behalf of Tony since he can't say it himself: Go Fuck yourselves you entitled pricks.

I am trying to imagine some of our users going into a retail store with these attitudes and questions. "Why can't you just tell me if this is going to be on sale in a week or two?"

#15496 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

What Spec Ops deal are you guys referring to for $2.50?

#15497 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

You're right. I haven't been buying any bundles besides HB lately, and if it's the BTA I'd be paying over $5 for it. So, $2.50 and some tax is a good buying price. It's weird paying the same for an indie game and a AAA title.

It'll definitely hit an indie bundle at some point, but not soon I don't think. It's been reviewed so well and selling like crazy. And Tony has said that there are no plans currently to have any games be free after promotion.

#15498 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Are you guys buying Hotline, or waiting for a bundle, or hoping it drops to $free.99?

I bought Hotline Miami when it was $7.50 during one of those gamespot black friday deals and I thought it was easily worth it, even more so now that its $2.50, go ahead and grab it you won't regret it

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#15499 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

This one assuming you have a $5 Editor's Choice credit to apply to it.

#15500 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

If you have a $5 credit from the promo, Spec Ops: The Line goes from $7.50 to $2.50.

EDIT: Oop! Thanks Neuro5i5!

#15501 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They are using hte $5 promotional credit to bring the total to $2.50

#15502 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

generally when a retailer runs a promotion THAT GETS YOU TO BUY THINGS due to it having a promotional discount code, they give some idea of what that promotional discount can be used for
i'm just upset because i bought games from amazon instead of steam for the sole reason of these editor's choice promotional credits
and i have a job and thus do not have time to play these games
and "unlikely" is not an answer, it is avoiding the question

#15503 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

I am trying to imagine some of our users going into a retail store with these attitudes and questions. "Why can't you just tell me if this is going to be on sale in a week or two?"

If said store had made a habit of telling other customers about future sales then said customer would have every right to demand that information. But hey, the fanboys in this thread are only serving to hurt Amazon more than help it. I'm pretty much to the point of F-Amazon, I'll just go back to buying off steam. Might mean I spend more money but at least I don't have to put up with pretentious ten year olds when I ask for the same information that has been given to dozens of other customers over the past year.

#15504 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

generally when a retailer runs a promotion THAT GETS YOU TO BUY THINGS due to it having a promotional discount code, they give some idea of what that promotional discount can be used for
i'm just upset because i bought games from amazon instead of steam for the sole reason of these editor's choice promotional credits
and i have a job and thus do not have time to play these games
and "unlikely" is not an answer, it is avoiding the question

Weren't you the holier than thou, non-shift-key using child that was bashing me yesterday for expressing an opinion about Tony not 'answering questions?'

Now here you are whining. So not only are you a sycophant of Tony but you are also a hypocrite. Nice.

#15505 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Weren't you the holier than thou, non-shift-key using child that was bashing me yesterday for expressing an opinion about Tony not 'answering questions?'

Now here you are whining. So not only are you a sycophant of Tony but you are also a hypocrite. Nice.

your question was answered

#15506 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Another possibly good $1.99 game for those that don't mind retro graphics:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B00A6CS2NY

http://tropictundragames.com/?cat=6

Looks prime for a bundle, but the dev doesn't really seem too tuned in with any of the industry or bundle sites, so you never know. Has good reviews on Amazon.

#15507 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Debating it but will probably bite. Bundles can be hit or miss and the past Croteam/Devolver (Sam games) have all been part of Indie Royale which rarely have more than one or two games max that interest me. So, considering you can rarely get those for under $5 (unless you're online within thirty minutes of it going live) it's par for the course.

Then again, I suppose there's a chance it can go on a $5 sale at one of the outfits that Amazon does, in fact, price match.

#15508 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

If said store had made a habit of telling other customers about future sales then said customer would have every right to demand that information. But hey, the fanboys in this thread are only serving to hurt Amazon more than help it. I'm pretty much to the point of F-Amazon, I'll just go back to buying off steam. Might mean I spend more money but at least I don't have to put up with pretentious ten year olds when I ask for the same information that has been given to dozens of other customers over the past year.

yeah sorry
i had to work for 12 hours today so i'm going to agree with this statement now

#15509 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I think this is a good idea, maybe Tony should add it to the OP but then again nobody ever checks the OP so it may not be of much help.

Not true, I used to check the OP all of the time until I noticed 90% of the deals are not mentioned there but actually in the thread itself. So many 'stealth sales' over the year where people asked questions, Tony would post deals or info about future sales and then it'd be days before that info ever got into the OP (if ever). Then heaven forbid you ask him a question about sales because the information isn't in the OP.

#15510 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I think right to ask is fine, but right to demand is another. They don't owe you that information as an obligation or debt. There is a huge difference in attitude and tone.

I am a little confused why you're still in this thread though. I am not meaning to offend, but you made it quite clear you don't plan to buy from Amazon and you think we're all sycophants.