Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15511 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?

#15512 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Not true, I used to check the OP all of the time until I noticed 90% of the deals are not mentioned there but actually in the thread itself. So many 'stealth sales' over the year where people asked questions, Tony would post deals or info about future sales and then it'd be days before that info ever got into the OP (if ever). Then heaven forbid you ask him a question about sales because the information isn't in the OP.

We may disagree on some things, but I 100% agree with you about a lot of deals not being in the OP until way later if ever. A lot of people do post condescending responses about the OP when the answers aren't actually there.

#15513 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

@ the people 'threatening' to go back to Steam. You do realize that most of the time Amazon beats their prices, right?

well see the primary argument is that the savings aren't worth the hassle
guess what? i know there will be new sales on steam in 5 minutes, then more 6 hours after that, then even more in six more hours, then in a couple hours maybe they will give amazon something to price match

#15514 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

your question was answered

No, it wasn't. My new question about a price match was answered... my previous question about planned Paradox promotions including War of the Roses was not answered and still has not been answered.

But thanks for playing.

#15515 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

And Walmart beats the prices of most of the places I shop, but I still won't step foot inside a Walmart due to sheer principle.

#15516 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Here is my list of potentially good $1.99 casual games:

Hidden Object Movie Studios: I'll Believe You

www.amazon.com/Hidden-Object-Movie-Studios-Download/dp/B00513EPMA/

Apparently you unlock movie clips from a real movie as you play along this game, sounds pretty interesting.

Pure Hidden

www.amazon.com/OUAT-Entertainment-1459-Hidden-Download/dp/B002IC1BYM/

Bad title, bad cover art, but overwhelmingly positive reviews and looks like it has a good variety of gameplay.

Luxor Adventures

www.amazon.com/MumboJumbo-2161-Luxor-Adventures-Download/dp/B003OA48LA/

Mumbo Jumbo, so that usually means quality. This is a hidden object game with Luxor mini games between levels.

Also always recommend the Pickers game, another mumbo jumbo game and I had plenty of fun with that won beforehand.

#15517 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

well see the primary argument is that the savings aren't worth the hassle
guess what? i know there will be new sales on steam in 5 minutes, then more 6 hours after that, then even more in six more hours, then in a couple hours maybe they will give amazon something to price match

90% of the 'sales' on Steam have been an absolute joke.

And Walmart beats the prices of most of the places I shop, but I still won't step foot inside a Walmart due to sheer principle.

Okay, so stop buying from Amazon, problem solved.

#15518 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

So now that Hotline Miami is $5 on Steam... can we all get it for free?

#15519 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

They don't price match flash deals.

#15520 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

*Not sure if serious.*

Amazon doesn't PM flash sales.

#15521 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

Flash sales not PM'd
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#15522 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin.

Spoiler

Workin on it

#15523 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Not likely since Tony stated Flash sales were not getting matched this sale.

#15524 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

no
its a flash sale (don't price match those, only the daily deals)

#15525 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

I'm just kidding... but thanks for the response and the 9 ninja'd responses

#15526 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Spoiler

Q13) Does Amazon match Steam Flash Sales?
A13) No.

#15527 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Spoiler

...guess flash sale PM's need to be added to the FAQ. :)

#15528 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

Okay, so stop buying from Amazon, problem solved.

A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.

At least I have the same access to information there that everyone else has. I don't have to dig through 400 page threads for information or see others given 'tips about future sales' while I can't even get a "yes/no.' To me, how a company treats me is far more important then the price of their goods. It is why I am still with Blockbuster and still have my car serviced at the dealer instead of these shade tree mechanics. I don't really care if they charge more. I just want equity in their treatment of customers and some notion that they appreciate my business.

#15529 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm just kidding... but thanks for the response and the 9 ninja'd responses

Eh, can't really tell who is kidding. There are still people who ask if EA games activate on Steam, what these $5 coupons are all about, whether they can price match Green Man Gaming, etc.

#15530 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

A little early for it to be a trend but done. I snagged the only game I wanted (War of the Roses) off steam.

You see, steam might have higher prices but as far as I know, their reps and the service itself does not treat customers differently. They don't tell 'some customers' to not buy games because they will have said game cheaper two weeks in the future. Then totally ignore other customers that ask the same question.

Are you still on this? That complaint is baseless: War of the Roses was a price match. Tony didn't see my PM request for Warlock DLC three times but eventually he got to it. You people are grasping at straws for things to bitch at. Time for some mass ignore or maybe to find a forum where people exercise a modicum of common sense or at least eschew paranoia.

#15531 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Eh, can't really tell who is kidding. There are still people who ask if EA games activate on Steam, what these $5 coupons are all about, whether they can price match Green Man Gaming, etc.

Oh god, concerning the EA thing. Find an EA deal on SD and every other question is that.

#15532 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Great list Crimson!!!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#15533 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

At least I have the same access to information there that everyone else has. I don't have to dig through 400 page threads for information or see others given 'tips about future sales' while I can't even get a "yes/no.' To me, how a company treats me is far more important then the price of their goods. It is why I am still with Blockbuster and still have my car serviced at the dealer instead of these shade tree mechanics. I don't really care if they charge more. I just want equity in their treatment of customers and some notion that they appreciate my business.

Posted Image

#15534 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin. (I stuck the flash sales PM answer in Q8, but let me know if you think it needs a separate q&A.)

Spoiler

Edited by CrimsonTribe, 03 January 2013 - 04:40 AM.

Workin on it

#15535 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Here is my list of potentially good $1.99 casual games:

Hidden Object Movie Studios: I'll Believe You

www.amazon.com/Hidden-Object-Movie-Studios-Download/dp/B00513EPMA/

Apparently you unlock movie clips from a real movie as you play along this game, sounds pretty interesting.

Pure Hidden

www.amazon.com/OUAT-Entertainment-1459-Hidden-Download/dp/B002IC1BYM/

Bad title, bad cover art, but overwhelmingly positive reviews and looks like it has a good variety of gameplay.

Luxor Adventures

www.amazon.com/MumboJumbo-2161-Luxor-Adventures-Download/dp/B003OA48LA/

Mumbo Jumbo, so that usually means quality. This is a hidden object game with Luxor mini games between levels.

Also always recommend the Pickers game, another mumbo jumbo game and I had plenty of fun with that won beforehand.

This list would have been even better 2 days ago...

...back when we could get EC coupons along with the game!

I bought about a dozen or so of these last day of Dec, not only because they did look interesting, but also for the coupons!

Would have loved to have had three more!

(after a while I got bored of digging through them to see what looked good...)

One called Cursed Mountain sure looked interesting!

#15536 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Are you still on this? That complaint is baseless: War of the Roses was a price match. Tony didn't see my PM request for Warlock DLC three times but eventually he got to it. You people are grasping at straws for things to bitch at.

Are you this dense or is this an act? I asked about planned promotions for Paradox titles three times BEFORE the price match, and specifically including War of the Roses. I know this was a price match but my question was still never answered. Will there be any Paradox promotions coming up. Simple question, really. One he has answered a million times for other people in this thread. You know, if I wanted to dig through this thread I could find countless examples of Tony price matching games but then telling people "I would wait, we have planned promotions in the works and that game will be cheaper in (say) October." I know he did it with Sniper Elite and Spec Ops. I want to say Mass Effect 3 as well. There were others.

But hey, expecting you to learn to read all of a sudden is too lofty a goal. So, I expect all of this went over your head for the 100th time.

#15537 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Let them go. It will be more peaceful here without them. Besides, if they're going to pay more out of spite that's their problem and the publishers gain.

#15538 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

^^^^^
Will you move on? I think you've taken one too many mustard facials to your brain. Please stop bringing anger and hate into this thread, as we already know you're not happy with Amazon; you can stop now.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#15539 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

amazon should have their own pc gaming program called Rainforest.
Basically 75% of my games are from amazon

#15540 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

So the prevailing sentiment from some seems to be - i'll go back to steam. Why? because steam tries to aggressively price match most of their competitors pretty much on request? because they routinely solicit feedback from their customers on product mix and promotions? because their customer service is a shining beacon of customer care? or maybe it's because steam has their product manager bend over backwards trying to field the same questions over and over again?

This was an experiment by Tony to try and build a new relationship between a major retailer and the gaming community and to be transparent about their plans - as much as he could be. And guess what, just like any community, the more you put into it (log on read, etc.) the more you get out of it.

You're of course free to take your money where you feel gives you the most satisfaction. Me, I'm glad Tony has opted for the once a day posting since I'd much rather have him continue a sustainable relationship with this community, than to burn out trying to accommodate some folks who will never be satisfied and declare this a failed experiment.

Now back to the TSW discussion - when folks say come and play with the CAG group - how does that actually work? would we all log on at the same time or do we go around looking for each other in 'the world'? sorry, I don't do much MMOs - at all.

thanks!