Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#15751 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'm still waiting for Tony to post and forget to add "Cheers, Tony" to the end. When this happens all hell will break loose.

#15752 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.

Hmm good call,

I'll hit up Focus and see if they can get us the DC.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#15753 DeusAtrox

DeusAtrox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

@Tony: Just a friendly reminder that there are still a bunch of us who appreciate the time and effort that you put into keeping us informed. :)

THIS

:)

Thanks Tony and all the *sane* CAGs.
Posted Image

#15754 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

bleh missed the secret world by about an hour... that sort of pisses me off...
Posted Image

#15755 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hmm good call,

I'll hit up Focus and see if they can get us the DC.

Cheers,
Tony

I think that it's a GOG exclusive

#15756 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Too cheap, right? I was thinking the same thing.

Nah I'd say $0.00
Posted Image

#15757 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Weird, I always thought it is the other way around. If Amazon intentionally did that, many will complain but for a glitch that occured for a very short time (it was short, right?), nobody should be unhappy.

Specially if they bought it at a price and 10 minutes after it's on another price or free

Tretton.png

#15758 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I checked and Amazon's version is not the Developer's Cut version. Tony can you please contact them and get an updated version? Thanks.

This is what is now making me nervous about buying DRM free on Amazon. DRM free is the Light for me but I don't like possibly missing content or having to find it in the wild. Maybe I need to switch to Steam :(

On the same topic, any chance of getting the updated version of Trine 1?

Just curious, why all this talk about DKS? I was hoping it would be an EC since it was always a big deal with its awesome sales throughout the year and I skipped it since I didn't have a capable PC at the time.

Thanks!

#15759 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Weird, I always thought it is the other way around. If Amazon intentionally did that, many will complain but for a glitch that occured for a very short time (it was short, right?), nobody should be unhappy.

Yeah I agree with you. People were confused at what happened, some gave Tony the benefit of a doubt, some didn't. It's not like the glitches are intentional, and Amazon honored everyone who took advantage of it (except for like the 1 guy who was checking out as the glitch was fixed, but it's not like he lost money).

Now someone combine willpower with me so we can get Max Payne 3 back in stock before the sale's over.

#15760 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

$2.50 for Hotline is still half the price of the Steam Sale.
Look at the upside CAGers:)

Tony,

Are we going to see Sleeping Dogs on the EC list, or can you give us a list of upcoming games?

Thanx

#15761 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

This is what is now making me nervous about buying DRM free on Amazon. DRM free is the Light for me but I don't like possibly missing content or having to find it in the wild. Maybe I need to switch to Steam :(

On the same topic, any chance of getting the updated version of Trine 1?

Just curious, why all this talk about DKS? I was hoping it would be an EC since it was always a big deal with its awesome sales throughout the year and I skipped it since I didn't have a capable PC at the time.

Thanks!

Steam its merits, including multi-platform ownership if you own any platform copy of a game, automatic patching, install-free downloads (for the most part), and easy updates to games. My Witcher copies got updated automatically for free, Broken Sword games, etc. It's the trade-off for accepting DRM but it is worth it when you are downloading games that are like 30GB and then you have to install it.

Because DKS recently released a Developer's Cut with extra content for free, which was seamlessly delivered to Steam owners but kind of clunky for everyone else.

#15762 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

AC2 (Retail); ACB (Amazon DVG); and ACR Gold (Gamersgate) do ALL show-up on my Uplay.
I don't even have AC2 install on my new rig here; it's on my old rig.
The others - ACB and ACR Gold are installed here on this new rig.

You have to install them; be signed into your UPlay account; and actually earn some Achievements for them to show-up on UPlay for you.

Yeah, I have purchased Brotherhood and III via people and once I downloaded, installed an activated they are now on my uPlay games list. If anyone can help me out, drop me a PM.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#15763 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

A question for anyone who's activated Darkness II:

Did you receive the content from the limited edition?

Spoiler

Check Main Menu>Options>Game for the "Crazy Abdul" skin, \Steam\steamapps\common\darkness ii\TheDarknessII-Silvestri.pdf for illustration, etc.

Just dl'd, installed, started, and checked tonight, and sadly, no.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#15764 chapnis

chapnis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Not gamersgate though, they rarely have price glitches

#15765 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

yea i meant war for cybertron, and it is on amazon and they price matched steam. couldnt get the second still 29.99, but yea games looks awesome for 5 bucks

Wow, they must have recently added it. A few months back I wanted it and it wasn't there. Now it's there and Steam redeemable. Yeah, I'd pick it up for $5 without question. In fact, I'm off to do it now.

I dont care about hotline miami and I dont see how anyone can be upset as it obviously wasn't meant to be free. However the secret world was one of the games I did want. Some of us have been crazy busy with the new year and the fact that I barely missed the sale shouldn't be eating at me as much at it is but f it, I am not buying shit off amazon for awhile.

Last year a bunch of games came back at the very end of the sale. Maybe TSW will be back and you can use your voucher on it.

#15766 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Not gamersgate though, they rarely have price glitches

They just had another one (correctly quickly though).Tropico 4 Complete was $9.25 / £7.51 for a short time . Had it sitting at £7.51 in my basket (it changed to 20 pounds something on the page though)for god knows how long, then decided against buying. LOL.

#15767 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Wow, they must have recently added it. A few months back I wanted it and it wasn't there. Now it's there and Steam redeemable. Yeah, I'd pick it up for $5 without question. In fact, I'm off to do it now.

Last year a bunch of games came back at the very end of the sale. Maybe TSW will be back and you can use your voucher on it.

Looks to be a Steam price match. Surprisingly great reviews for this game.

#15768 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I had forgotten about that. Now that I think about it though, some of those games were the same price, but several of the repeat appearance games were at a higher price than they were the first time around.

It's worth noting though, that The Secret World hasn't appeared as a daily deal on Steam yet. So there's always a chance that it might, and Amazon will price match. For all we know, it might end up being cheaper than it was over the past few days.

#15769 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

I had forgotten about that. Though now that I think about it, ome of them were the same price, but several of the repeat appearance games were at a higher price than they were the first time around.

It's worth noting though, that The Secret World hasn't appeared as a daily deal on Steam yet. So there's always a chance that it might, and Amazon will price match. For all we know, it might end up being cheaper than it was over the past few days.

Yeah, there is a chance it'll show up as a daily on Steam, but they've nearly run out of deals. 95% of the deals popping up now are repeats (on Steam).

#15770 nath

nath

come and join the CAG side...we have cookies...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Any chance Star Wars: KOTOR 1+2 will be Steam price matched and added to EC list?

#15771 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, there is a chance it'll show up as a daily on Steam, but they've nearly run out of deals. 95% of the deals popping up now are repeats.

Well there's 2 more days of daily's. That means 12 more daily deal slots. Although they still haven't done the Fallout & Half Life series yet. So it's probably only 10 more slots left.

I don't know, I guess it could happen. I'm trying to think positively.

#15772 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Any chance Star Wars: KOTOR 1+2 will be Steam price matched and added to EC list?

Haha did you join just to post this? I don't think they even offer a digital version of this, much less what you're asking.

#15773 nath

nath

come and join the CAG side...we have cookies...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Haha did you join just to post this? I don't think they even offer a digital version of this, much less what you're asking.

nope, didn't join just for that (i had to wait 2 days to be able to make posts :lol: )...just saw the deal on steam and wondered if that is possible
err well, waiting for new deals

#15774 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I've really been enjoying The Secret World. Interesting story, and the world is huge.
Only problem is that the controls are beyond awkward. Perhaps I just need to look over some in-game manual or something, but attacking/moving is very inelegant.

But the story and quests are worth it. Maybe I need to try with a gamepad.

#15775 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Uh hey guys, am I the only one seeing this

Posted Image

Wasn't CS: GO 50% off? It's 25% off for me as well.

#15776 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

It was, but then it was like this when the next item should've rotated. (Sorry I posted this in wrong thread)

and it showed a time for 55 HOURS.

Then just a second ago the timer disappeared and it went back to 50%

#15777 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I'm seeing 25% too. Has this sale ever run correctly? The countdown times seem completely random sometimes.
Posted Image

#15778 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

And now it's back to 25%

#15779 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

nope, didn't join just for that (i had to wait 2 days to be able to make posts :lol: )...just saw the deal on steam and wondered if that is possible
err well, waiting for new deals

Even if it did make it on the EC list. There's no way it would go for free w/coupon.

#15780 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I've really been enjoying The Secret World. Interesting story, and the world is huge.
Only problem is that the controls are beyond awkward. Perhaps I just need to look over some in-game manual or something, but attacking/moving is very inelegant.

It's only awkward for those who haven't really played MMOs before. Once you play for a while, you'll get used to it. Veterans of MMOs with similar controls will be right at home. Newbies will need a little time.

But the story and quests are worth it. Maybe I need to try with a gamepad.

If you think you're going to be able to play this with a controller, you're grossly mistaken. MMOs are MEANT to be played with a keyboard and mouse. Even considering playing with a controller is ridiculous.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image