Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16081 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

"Here comes the Funcooker..."

ZNZ9stU6zq4

#16082 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

For those who bought the Seriously big bundle of Serious Sam games, you can get the missing two classic games via steam store for $1.49 (called Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Upgrade)

Just a PSA since Amazon doesn't care it.

#16083 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

You know what really sucks?!? I own KoA + both DLCs (ON AMAZON) but none of them activate on Steam. I'd kill for Steam activation on that game. I hated Origin so bad the games never got more play time. (that and I don't like the blur thing where you turn and the world blurs around you)

You rock!

I already bought it from Amazon for Origin, but I will RE-BUY it again if you can swing the same priced Steam Key.

This... double dipping is almost unheard of but to get rid of Origin.... in a SECOND.

#16084 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

You know what really sucks?!? I own KoA + both DLCs (ON AMAZON) but none of them activate on Steam. I'd kill for Steam activation on that game. I hated Origin so bad the games never got more play time. (that and I don't like the blur thing where you turn and the world blurs around you)

This... double dipping is almost unheard of but to get rid of Origin.... in a SECOND.

There is a mod that changes the difficulty of the game as some people found it too easy. This seems to do something to the executable and some other fancy things. I've noticed that it only works on the Origin version of the exe and not the Steam version (I have both). Something to keep in mind for those that want to make the game a bit more difficult...

#16085 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Origin is benign and I don't get the hatred toward it. Yeah Steam is more convenient, and KoA does have achievements with the Steam version if you care about that, but honestly Origin just sits there and doesn't bug me ever, nor is it some secret spyware.

#16086 glennfrank

glennfrank

My squeedily spooch!

• CAGiversary!

I'd grab KoA on Steam- I played it on Xbox360, but didn't touch the DLCs. I'd probably re-play it on PC.

#16087 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

I'd grab KoA on Steam- I played it on Xbox360, but didn't touch the DLCs. I'd probably re-play it on PC.

You rock!

I already bought it from Amazon for Origin, but I will RE-BUY it again if you can swing the same priced Steam Key.

Lol we'll see what happens but that law firm now has 2 Voicemails and 3 emails from me.

Cheers,
Tony

@TONY OK, but because it's already been said that the EC list will fluctuate during the month, now that you've put the possibility of Steam keys for KoA on the table, people might hold off on the Origin version (myself included). If the Origin version disappears from the EC in the mean time, and the Steam version doesn't make it in time for the EC (and I understand no one ever said that it might, but we're an optimistic bunch :)), people will declare mutiny. Just make sure that the Origin version stays on the EC til the end of Jan. If there hasn't been a development in the Steam codes, then I'll get it, and double dip when/if a Steam version does come through Amazon.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#16088 uEih

uEih

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm not sure what coupon you guys are talking about.. Was it sent to certain people only? Did you have to buy something to get it?
Get Free Xbox360 Games quick and easy: Sign up here! PM me if you have any questions. http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=236921

#16089 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm not sure what coupon you guys are talking about.. Was it sent to certain people only? Did you have to buy something to get it?

Coupons were given per purchase of a most digital games at the end of 2012. Some people have no coupons some have dozens.

#16090 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

@TONY OK, but because it's already been said that the EC list will fluctuate during the month, now that you've put the possibility of Steam keys for KoA on the table, people might hold off on the Origin version (myself included). If the Origin version disappears from the EC in the mean time, and the Steam version doesn't make it in time for the EC, people will declare mutiny. Just make sure that the Origin version stays on the EC til the end of Jan. If there hasn't been a development in the Steam codes, then I'll get it, and double dip when/if a Steam version does come through.

The current sale price is through 1/5, I believe, KoA will stay on the list even if the price is higher, just like the other games that have gone down and up, like TSW.

If people want to pass on this deal because the Steam keys MIGHT be available, they are free to do so, but there is no guarantee they will be, or if their pricing will even be competitive. It's the gamble you take. Stuff like this is probably why he doesn't announce plans for things that are not concrete.

#16091 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em comin.

F.A.Q.

Spoiler

Figured I'd quote this since it was a few pages back...

#16092 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Nice.

Concerning The Secret World controls, anyone have any experience with 6+ button mice that they want to share concerning any MMO? It seems to me it would be easy to map numericals (1-6) and quick action keys to them. For some reason I can't map anything to the regular left and right clickers on my mouse. Any experience with "gaming mice"?

I've just used my venerable MX510 (same as MX518 & G400). I tend to use my closer thumb button for Axion/Ventrillo/Teamspeak and my further thumb button for auto-run toggle.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16093 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

The current sale price is through 1/5, I believe, KoA will stay on the list even if the price is higher, just like the other games that have gone down and up, like TSW.

If people want to pass on this deal because the Steam keys MIGHT be available, they are free to do so, but there is no guarantee they will be, or if their pricing will even be competitive. It's the gamble you take. Stuff like this is probably why he doesn't announce plans for things that are not concrete.

I just some re-editing of my post to be a little clearer right before you quoted me. I'm clear on all the points you mentioned.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#16094 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

It doesn't sound like Steam keys for KoA are on the table any more than they were previously. Tony just has a new contact to begin possible negotiations. I have a bad feeling people are REALLY jumping the gun on this one.

#16095 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I just ran the numbers, and there is currently a 0.03% chance of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA this year, and even lower for this month.

#16096 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I just some re-editing of my post to be a little clearer right before you quoted me. I'm clear on all the points you mentioned.

If people are "declaring mutiny" the only direction it should be aimed towards is themselves. All Tony has said he's done is sent some emails and made some phone calls, there has been no reply or anything. This is why he keeps scaling back on the information he shares with us.

I don't believe there has been any talk of removing games from the EC list, only adding them. The price is the only thing that changes with games on the list unless keys run out.

#16097 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I just ran the numbers, and there is currently a 0.03% chance of Amazon getting steam keys for KoA this year, and even lower for this month.

In so many heads here, that equates to a near-guarantee of it happening.

#16098 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

This will be added to Editors choice later on (no timeline or prices)
Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Bio Shock is back in stock, out of stock, but back in stock soon (if not already)
Max Payne 3 still waiting on keys
Tonights episode of 30 Rock is a repeat.

why thank you good sir

anyone know if any of these games will have steam versions available (i doubt it)
before anyone attacks me, my origin account got hacked, couldn't get it back, origin isn't an option for me

#16099 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Uh huh...

yCFB2akLh4s

#16100 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

In so many heads here, that equates to a near-guarantee of it happening.

And utter madrage when it doesn't happen by Monday.

#16101 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Lol we'll see what happens but that law firm now has 2 Voicemails and 3 emails from me.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm gonna need more gift cards :P You really are the best Tony. Hope it all works out :P
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16102 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I was reluctant to get Origin but since BF3 requires it, I had no choice. Now that I've used it, I don't see any problems with it. It's got less sales (well, I haven't bought a thing from Steam this winter sale) and less of a community and that's about it to me. Having all EA games under another roof doesn't sound like a bad idea to me either.

So, KOA for Origin at $10 it is for me :)

#16103 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

why thank you good sir

anyone know if any of these games will have steam versions available (i doubt it)
before anyone attacks me, my origin account got hacked, couldn't get it back, origin isn't an option for me

EA doesn't give out Steam-Version keys to 3rd party distributors like Amazon DVG.
They been trying to shove Origin/EADM down our PC gaming throats for YEARS.

If you want Steam on an EA game, you're likely going through Steam to get them.

KOA:R Steam-Version could happen b/c EA didn't publish the Steam-version; 38 Studios did.
There's more leeway often given, when dealing w/ EA Partners Program; when you're Independent and NOT owned by EA.
So, if anyone holds the rights to selling Steam-versions of keys, it's probably the State of Rhode Island.

#16104 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

omg omg amalur steam keys would be AMAZING
just the fact that it has nothing to do with ea is awesome

#16105 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Guys, I wouldn't put too much hope into Tony getting Steam keys for Amalur. I passed along that address but my best guess is that the court appointed bankruptcy receiver isn't in a position to start negotiating with Valve for keys and open things up for sales. Most likely outcome is he politely declines and goes about setting up an 'auction' or negotiated sale of the IP. Really wouldn't expect the possibility of Steam keys for Amalur until that happens which is probably months off.

#16106 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

can anyone tell me if Spec Ops for PC is a decent port?

#16107 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

@Tony: I just noticed that the PC and Mac versions of The Walking Dead were two different prices:

Mac - $18.74
PC - $24.99

Is there a reason for the difference?

So you know, The Walking Dead: The Game (by Telltale) is a STEAMPLAY game.
Buy a version of a game that supports STEAM and has the STEAMPLAY logo;
activate the key over Steam (From a 3rd party) or buy it through Steam directly;
AND you will then own both Windows PC and Mac versions.

Looks for this STEAMPLAY symbol on a game's Steam page, to see if getting a Steam key of a game actually nets you BOTH Windows PC and Mac Versions:
Posted Image

#16108 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

can anyone tell me if Spec Ops for PC is a decent port?

It's a great port, have it myself and have not heard anyone say otherwise. Looks great, framerate is solid, supports 360 controller too.

#16109 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

omg omg amalur steam keys would be AMAZING
just the fact that it has nothing to do with ea is awesome

Just keep in mind - w/ KOA:R Steam-version, while in-game, you will STILL need a valid EA Account and/or EA Origin account to activate any DLC.

#16110 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

It's a great port, have it myself and have not heard anyone say otherwise. Looks great, framerate is solid, supports 360 controller too.

Thanks for the insight, grabbing a copy!