Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16291 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Wow, I thought I was spending a lot of money...

Amazon: $58.42
2K Shooter Pack - $9.99
Desert to Sea Bundle - $4.99 AC
Nexuiz - $0.99
Saints Row The Third Full Package - $2.49 AC
WTF Pack - $4.99 AC
2K Strategy Pack - $14.99 AC
Scribblenauts - $7.49
The Walking Dead - $12.49 ( god damnit should have waited for $7.49 AC :( )

Steam: $12.49
Grand Theft Auto Franchise - $12.49

Gamersgate:
Bethesda Pack off another CAG - $35, most likely won't get it

#16292 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Totals:

GG - $28.72
GMG - $10.90
Amazon (since 11/1/2012) - $62.89
Steam - $409.84

GG/GMG/Steam totals are from ~mid December until now

Did Steam have some hidden deals for you only?:lol:

#16293 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

All you guys talking about Spec Ops: The Line:

I just realized this game only came out just six months ago, late June.

People praise it for being a great game, yet in just six months it's basically being given away almost for free on Amazon? Yet CoD MW3 is still $30 a year later?

CoD: MW3 is still 30 bucks because those games make so much money at launch that they are in no hurry to drop the price. Seriously, they break records at launch. Why would you practically give away your game if you don't need to. Now games like Spec Ops, they end up getting really cheap because they need to make the sell, and people aren't buying it unless it gets priced so good you can't afford to not buy it. I think CoD could stay at a 60 buck price tag for a year until the next CoD comes out without taking a hit.

#16294 cheapkevin

cheapkevin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

This i'm pretty curious about. What did ou buy on Steam and not from us. The reason I ask is that I struggle to think of ~$350 worth of games we both carry that we haven't had for cheaper since 11/1.

I'll hit up my Take 2 guy on GTA IV Complete. I doubt he'll want me to promote GTA V yet.

Cheers,
Tony

Could you also talk to him about adding LA Noire to the list? :bouncy:
If all these games end up on the editor's choice list, I'll run out of vouchers. :(

#16295 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Did Steam have some hidden deals for you only?:lol:

Indeed. I'm special =)

#16296 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

That whole thing sucks. Glad it sounds like its working out for you.

On another note your local new station workers look like they are from the 80s.

Also, looks like a need a new identity and job. Hmmm Who next.

That news story was from the area the thief was from. Tony, UW_Shock, me, and I think a couple others here are from the Seattle Area.

With that in mind, Tony, don't forget that you can call in the cops from Ballard or just call Jesse. :)

P.S. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I hope things work out for you quickly. Oh, and anyone outside of Seattle: Ballard is totally different now. It's one of the hippest places in the area. Who woulda thought?

P.S.S. I suck at formatting apparently.

#16297 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Tony,

Sorry to hear about your ID theft; I really hope the authorities are able to track that guy down and make him take responsibility for your headaches.

As for my spending breakdown, still incomplete as the spending holiday has been extended into January.

Amazon:
Hitman: Absolution - $20
Prototype Bundle - $7.50
Assassin's Creed - Revelations - $2.50
Dead Island - GOTY - $6.80
Syndicate - $5
Kingdoms of Amalur - $12
1 million 2K games :D :D :D [although this is probably worth several hundred $$]
AND probably more games for January [Dark Souls, TWD?, etc...]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $53.80

STEAM:
Tomb Raider - Underworld - $2.50
Silverfall - Complete -$3.75
Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind - $5
Far Cry 1 - $2.50
Sniper: Ghost Warrior - $2
---------------------------------------
Total: $15.75

Thank you for kicking STEAM's butt. Keep up the good work Tony!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#16298 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Max Payne 3 might win the next community vote off for 75%, wonder if Amazon will match that?

#16299 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

That news story was from the area the thief was from. Tony, UW_Shock, me, and I think a couple others here are from the Seattle Area.

With that in mind, Tony, don't forget that you can call in the cops from Ballard or just call Jesse. :)

P.S. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I hope things work out for you quickly. Oh, and anyone outside of Seattle: Ballard is totally different now. It's one of the hippest places in the area. Who woulda thought?

P.S.S. I suck at formatting apparently.

I'm actually from that area of Florida too, I'm fairly certain I lost my wallet after getting of a Spring Break Cruise my last year in college. I was using my birth certificate as my passport (still could do this back then) and it was in my wallet alongside my driver's license.

Infinitely wise, 21 year old Tony, was certain his invincibility would protect him from ID theft...he was wrong. 28 year old Tony sometimes wishes he had a time machine to go beat the crap out of 21 year old Tony lol.

Also, I agree, Ballard is rad. If you ever want to grad dinner or happy hour (I'm assuming you're an adult based on your posts) I'd totally be down. Paddington and I are usually at the Ballard Market every Sunday too.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16300 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Tony,

Sorry to hear about your ID theft; I really hope the authorities are able to track that guy down and make him take responsibility for your headaches.

No worries lol, I just figured it'd be a fun way to show you guys how awkward I am on camera after the game show comment.

Also, does anyone watch Homeland? I'm addicted...

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16301 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

No worries lol, I just figured it'd be a fun way to show you guys how awkward I am on camera after the game show comment.

Cheers,
Tony

I don't want to start watching it yet because I don't want to suffer through the waiting each week for an episode. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the 4th season was complete, so I watched it marathon style, then I started watching it as episodes came out once I caught up, and it was brutal waiting each week. I hear Homeland is really good though, so it's really got me itching to just say screw it and start watching it.

#16302 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Actually, I still have to watch the last episode; I just watched the one where they killed I think his name is "Alasaum".

However! Since your watching Showtime, you have to be a Dexter disciple, right!?!?! :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#16303 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Have heard Homeland is awesome....been thinking about making that the next series I do in a marathon once I finish Breaking Bad.

#16304 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I don't want to start watching it yet because I don't want to suffer through the waiting each week for an episode. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until the 4th season was complete, so I watched it marathon style, then I started watching it as episodes came out once I caught up, and it was brutal waiting each week. I hear Homeland is really good though, so it's really got me itching to just say screw it and start watching it.

Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.

#16305 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yeah I'm freaking out because I'm almost done with Season 1, Season 2 isn't available without Showtime, and I don't do cable (Amazon/Hulu for everything).

The same thing happened with Grimm and The Event...makes me sad.

Actually, I still have to watch the last episode; I just watched the one where they killed I think his name is "Alasaum".

However! Since your watching Showtime, you have to be a Dexter disciple, right!?!?! :D

Thanks for the spoiler alert dude! And yeah, I'm a Dexter nut but I'm a few seasons behind.

Have heard Homeland is awesome....been thinking about making that the next series I do in a marathon once I finish Breaking Bad.

I'm doing a Breaking Bad marathon soon. I've never seen even 1 episode.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16306 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.

For real dude, I think the model has been proven out and the first company that releases episodic content in large, martahon-able chunks, is going to make cash remarkably fast.

I think that's a market sooooo ready for disruption (the way Steam did with the PC gaming market).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#16307 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

I want to watch Homeland but I have trouble keeping up with stuff and already have a huge backlog of movies and TV shows to watch (still haven't seen Game of Thrones either! :O)

#16308 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Also, I agree, Ballard is rad. If you ever want to grad dinner or happy hour (I'm assuming you're an adult based on your posts) I'd totally be down. Paddington and I are usually at the Ballard Market every Sunday too.

Cheers,
Tony

I imagine running into you on a sidewalk and, "um, excuse me but...."

Ballard is nice (tho Red Mill was closed on NYE!) but Beacon Hill where I live is getting nicer with the nightlife. Georgetown a walk down the hill has the best brewery-crawl, possibly anywhere.

#16309 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show on TV right now. So much happens and just keeps getting better as the season go on.

I also watched Homeland, just finished up season 2 not too long ago. Its very good in my opinion and now I get to wait forever for the next season...

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#16310 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Oooopps, sorry; I wasn't thinking. You're right, I should have used a spoiler tag.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#16311 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

That might catch on eventually. Netflix is going to do the whole release the season in one day thing with House of Cards.

#16312 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Cheers,
Tony

It starts out slow so beware...I was a few episodes in and I was like " eh this is just okay,but it is not as good as The Wire"......then at some point a day later when I'm half way through season 2 I'm like "wholly crap how many episodes have I watched...this show is awesome"

#16313 Zyrin

Zyrin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Might as well join in on sharing purchase data. ;)

Amazon:

Hotline Miami - free (sorry Tony!)
Spec Ops - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
Darkness 2 - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
South Park: Stick of Truth preorder - $39.99 (used the THQ coupon, whether I keep the pre-order depends on what kind of offers are going on closer to release)
Scribblenauts - $7.49
Lego LOTR - $7.49
The Secret World - $14.99
Hell Yeah! - $3.74
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - $1.37
Prototype Pack - $7.49

GMG:

Crusader Kings 2: Legacy of Rome - $0.93 (also bought some other random DLC for 49c each)
Sleeping Dogs - $13.60 (bought during November before Amazon had a competitive sale on it)
Sine Mora - $1.75 (I don't have to explain why at that price, right?)
Football Manager 2013 - $14 (gifted, cheaper than what Amazon planned during the time period and couldn't wait until January to give it)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $10.50 (way cheaper than what Amazon and Steam had it for)
Civ V: Gods & Kings - $3.15 (bought as a gift, ended up trading it to a CAG for an Amazon GC...so you guys kinda won there :D)
Jet Set Radio - $1.75 (same as Sine Mora)

Steam:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $9.99 (I was missing several of the older DoW games + tons of the DLC, it ended up cheaper to buy the pack than to buy it individually from Amazon + some of the older ones wouldn't have registered on Steam)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.50 (as far as I could tell, Amazon doesn't carry the digital version)
Zeno Clash - $0.99 (kind of an impulse buy during the November sale)
Several bits of Civ 5 DLC - ranged from $1.24 to $1.86 (I was aware of the Amazon price match but I didn't want to risk flagging my card with so many individual charges, so I went with Steam's shopping cart instead. I had too much non-game shopping to do on Amazon to risk that hassle!)
Tropico 4 + Modern Times + some DLC - $13.94 (Same thing as the Civ 5 DLC, plus I wanted the Steam version which Amazon doesn't seem to carry)
Gal Civ 2 - $4.99 (Bought it on an impulse, honestly didn't look around Amazon much for that one)
Resonance - $2.50 (Amazon doesn't carry this title)

I'll probably buy some random games on the last day of the Steam sale, most of which are older or Amazon doesn't carry right now (Krater is only on a physical DVD and is much higher than the Steam sale, for example).

Also received these as gifts:

Mark of the Ninja (Steam, was a surprise and Amazon doesn't carry it)
Doom 3 Pack (Steam, a friend wanted the silly Steam achievement so he randomly gifted me it)
The Walking Dead (Amazon, a friend was going to buy it as a Steam gift for my birthday but I pointed out the Amazon price match + coupon)

I ended up pretty evenly distributed between the (in my eyes) big three and could have ended up buying more off Amazon if not for not wanting to spam my card with 5+ DLC transactions or lack of a Steam key option.

For the most part Amazon was awesome this year, I just couldn't really benefit from most of the bundles due to having a large chunk of the games involved already. Same with the publisher coupons, I pretty much own most of THQ and 2K's games - several of which I had purchased from Amazon earlier in the year, so it's not all bad there. :applause:

On that note, here's a couple bundle/pack suggestions that I would buy in a heart beat:

Transformers Pack: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron - I've been holding out on both of these games hoping to take advantage of a nice bundled set, with Activision consistently putting WfC on sale for so cheap I'm hoping that a Prototype pack like sale could be possible.

Assassin's Creed 2 Pack: AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations - I didn't have a Ubi coupon to use during the sale, so I missed out on picking up Revelations for cheap and still need to grab Brotherhood. A nice pack to get caught up before AC3 would be appealing. And if you could work some magic on Ubi to get a deal with AC3 involved, all the better. 8-)

#16314 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

It starts out slow so beware...I was a few episodes in and I was like " eh this is just okay,but it is not as good as The Wire"......then at some point a day later when I'm half way through season 2 I'm like "wholly crap how many episodes have I watched...this show is awesome"

The entire series is slow, IMO. But it's a good show.

#16315 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Max Payne 3 might win the next community vote off for 75%, wonder if Amazon will match that?

It's a flash sale, which means they shouldn't.

And on HBO, man, those breaks are indeed brutal. I need to tell myself to wait until the complete series is done before I start watching a show. Can't wait for the next season of Game of Thrones!

#16316 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Too lazy to do a true spending breakdown, but afaik the only Amazon purchase I made this winter was the Desert to Sea bundle, and I am kickin myself for not waiting! Everything else was GG/GMG/Steam. To be fair though, I went nuts during the Fall sale and got a lot of what I wanted then.

#16317 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

For real dude, I think the model has been proven out and the first company that releases episodic content in large, martahon-able chunks, is going to make cash remarkably fast.

I think that's a market sooooo ready for disruption (the way Steam did with the PC gaming market).

Cheers,
Tony

Your preaching to the choir sir. Been banging this drum ever since I powered through all of Lost before the final season. Someone is going to start delivering TV this way it's just a matter of which major player does it first.

Now if only we could get cable companies to offer ala carte packages.

#16318 chapnis

chapnis

Steam
Breath of Death VII / Cthulu Save the World - $1
Cricket Revolution - $1
Civilization III - $1.24
Puzzle Quest - $2.50
LA Noire - 3.74

Amazon
Bioshock 1/2 - $5
WTF Pack - $10/$5
Hotline Miami - $5/$0

GMG
Sonic Generations - $5

Pretty quiet for me

#16319 MC Kage

MC Kage

So Hotline will not hit $5 on Amazon, even if a Daily Deal, correct?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#16320 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

I imagine running into you on a sidewalk and, "um, excuse me but...."

Ballard is nice (tho Red Mill was closed on NYE!) but Beacon Hill where I live is getting nicer with the nightlife. Georgetown a walk down the hill has the best brewery-crawl, possibly anywhere.

Haha that's awesome dude. I haven't been out in Beacon Hill ever, I'm in Cap Hill so I stick primarily to this hood and downtown...I practically live at Linda's on the weekends because they have WiFi and let Paddington hang out there with me.

Breaking Bad is easily my favorite show on TV right now. So much happens and just keeps getting better as the season go on.

I also watched Homeland, just finished up season 2 not too long ago. Its very good in my opinion and now I get to wait forever for the next season...

Alright, I'm starting Season 1 tonight.

Might as well join in on sharing purchase data. ;)

Amazon:

Hotline Miami - free (sorry Tony!)
Spec Ops - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
Darkness 2 - $2.50 (gifted to a friend)
South Park: Stick of Truth preorder - $39.99 (used the THQ coupon, whether I keep the pre-order depends on what kind of offers are going on closer to release)
Scribblenauts - $7.49
Lego LOTR - $7.49
The Secret World - $14.99
Hell Yeah! - $3.74
Hell Yeah! Virtual Rabbit Missions - $1.37
Prototype Pack - $7.49

GMG:

Crusader Kings 2: Legacy of Rome - $0.93 (also bought some other random DLC for 49c each)
Sleeping Dogs - $13.60 (bought during November before Amazon had a competitive sale on it)
Sine Mora - $1.75 (I don't have to explain why at that price, right?)
Football Manager 2013 - $14 (gifted, cheaper than what Amazon planned during the time period and couldn't wait until January to give it)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass - $10.50 (way cheaper than what Amazon and Steam had it for)
Civ V: Gods & Kings - $3.15 (bought as a gift, ended up trading it to a CAG for an Amazon GC...so you guys kinda won there :D)
Jet Set Radio - $1.75 (same as Sine Mora)

Steam:

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $9.99 (I was missing several of the older DoW games + tons of the DLC, it ended up cheaper to buy the pack than to buy it individually from Amazon + some of the older ones wouldn't have registered on Steam)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.50 (as far as I could tell, Amazon doesn't carry the digital version)
Zeno Clash - $0.99 (kind of an impulse buy during the November sale)
Several bits of Civ 5 DLC - ranged from $1.24 to $1.86 (I was aware of the Amazon price match but I didn't want to risk flagging my card with so many individual charges, so I went with Steam's shopping cart instead. I had too much non-game shopping to do on Amazon to risk that hassle!)
Tropico 4 + Modern Times + some DLC - $13.94 (Same thing as the Civ 5 DLC, plus I wanted the Steam version which Amazon doesn't seem to carry)
Gal Civ 2 - $4.99 (Bought it on an impulse, honestly didn't look around Amazon much for that one)
Resonance - $2.50 (Amazon doesn't carry this title)

I'll probably buy some random games on the last day of the Steam sale, most of which are older or Amazon doesn't carry right now (Krater is only on a physical DVD and is much higher than the Steam sale, for example).

Also received these as gifts:

Mark of the Ninja (Steam, was a surprise and Amazon doesn't carry it)
Doom 3 Pack (Steam, a friend wanted the silly Steam achievement so he randomly gifted me it)
The Walking Dead (Amazon, a friend was going to buy it as a Steam gift for my birthday but I pointed out the Amazon price match + coupon)

I ended up pretty evenly distributed between the (in my eyes) big three and could have ended up buying more off Amazon if not for not wanting to spam my card with 5+ DLC transactions or lack of a Steam key option.

For the most part Amazon was awesome this year, I just couldn't really benefit from most of the bundles due to having a large chunk of the games involved already. Same with the publisher coupons, I pretty much own most of THQ and 2K's games - several of which I had purchased from Amazon earlier in the year, so it's not all bad there. :applause:

On that note, here's a couple bundle/pack suggestions that I would buy in a heart beat:

Transformers Pack: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron - I've been holding out on both of these games hoping to take advantage of a nice bundled set, with Activision consistently putting WfC on sale for so cheap I'm hoping that a Prototype pack like sale could be possible.

Assassin's Creed 2 Pack: AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations - I didn't have a Ubi coupon to use during the sale, so I missed out on picking up Revelations for cheap and still need to grab Brotherhood. A nice pack to get caught up before AC3 would be appealing. And if you could work some magic on Ubi to get a deal with AC3 involved, all the better. 8-)

Thanks for the bundle suggestions dude. I don't think Ubi is likely but I think a Transformers pack isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"