Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16321 faceless007

faceless007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hey Tony, I don't know if this is in your purview or not, but I posted about a bunch of point-and-click adventure titles that are on sale right now for cheap. Do you know when that sale is going to end, and if those titles have any DRM?

#16322 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

So ... jumping on the bandwagon.

Amazon:
The Secret World $12.99
Hotline Miami $0!
Saints Row the Third The Full Package $7.49 (for gifting)
Darksiders Franchise Pack $8.19
Nexuiz $0.99
The Walking Dead $12.49 (in November)
Prototype Pack $7.49

Total spent at Amazon: $49.64(so far)

Steam:
LA Noire $7.49
Critter Crunch $1.74
Saints Row the Third Full Package $7.49
Serious Sam 3: BFE $5.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $2.49
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $4.99
Ace of Spades (gifted by a friend)

Total spent at Steam: $30.19

GMG:
Sleeping Dogs $11.90
Borderlands 2 Season Pass $3.50 (used the 30% off coupon plus Sleeping Dogs credit)

Total spent at GMG: $15.40

Humble Bundle 7 - $6
Humble THQ Bundle - $6

I was actually a little surprised to realize I spent that much, since I've felt like I've barely been tempted by ANYTHING during these sales (especially on Steam.... but somehow they got me to buy 3 games today alone). But I see that I'm pretty evenly divided between Amazon and Steam, leaning a bit more towards Amazon. I still have a few coupons left so I'm looking forward to more additions to the EC list!

BTW: Dexter is AWESOME. Shit gets CRAZY. I haven't seen any of Homeland but have been meaning to. So much TV, so little time. The same can be said for gaming, ha!

#16323 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Tony, any chance we'll see "dlc bundles"? There were a bunch I was looking for, but the problem is every bundle was for the complete game + all dlc. I have a lot of base games with no dlc and some of my friends are the same.

#16324 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

Okay, let's see the past 2 months of digital purchases for games...

GamersGate: Only kept track, only KEEP track, of it due to price glitches. The one that seems to have sneaked by just fine is the one I got.

1) Alan Wake: American Nightmare ($1.85)

GMG: Have kept track of this regularly and been tempted a few times, but held back. That 30% coupon has really made them Amazon's biggest competition this season I think. Hell, they beat you guys on XCOM ($17.50) and Gods & Kings ($3.15).

0) No purchases.

Steam: Amazon's consistently been better. I think the only game I want from Steam at this point is New Vegas Ultimate Edition for $5, much like I got FO3 GOTY for $5. ...yeah.

0) No purchases.

GOG: I'm a big, BIG fan of DRM-Free games so I look to them a lot. Unfortunately there's not a lot I want from themr ight now. Still, there was one I bought just yesterday.

1) The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition ($7.50)

Amazon: Split in two. Games post coupons, games pre coupons. Purchases only go that far, so November buys. Most recent to oldest go the numbers.

1) Hotline Miami ($0)
2) Spec Ops ($2.50)
3) The Secret World ($12)

Jan Total so far: $14.50.

1) Rayman: Origins ($4.90) - Pleasant surprise to find that it's a DRM *Optional* game, contrary to what the Amazon page says.
2) Darksiders Franchise Pack ($8.20) - Probably the best sale on an individual game (I'm not even sure Darksiders 1 counts as a standalone game at this point, having been whored out EVERYWHERE).
3) Scribblenauts Unlimited ($4.50) - I bought AC3 when it was the big gold box sale for it and this is where my credit went for it.
4) The Most Serious Bundle Ever ($10) - Best bundle in terms of number of games at least.
5) Civ 5 Gods and Kings ($7.50) (a tinge of regret on this because I COULD have gotten it for $3.15 at GMG a month later, but if the $5 coupon is used on something I want, the net is better here)* Coupon *focused* purchase.
6) Civ 5 Korea and Scenario Pack ($1.24) - coupon *based* purchase. tinge of regret for similar reasons as G&K, only that I could have gotten it at *amazon* for less with the one below. definitely coupon based.
7) Civ 5 Wonders Pack ($1.24) - See above.
8) Tantalizing THQ Melody ($10) (tinge of regret for jumping on this early, however it's still ridiculous and I'm happy to have it. Still got the coupon and that definitely played a notable factor to me on jumping on this early. Coupon *focused* purchase)

Total: $47.58~ (so I'm off by a couple pennies.)

Games that I've looked at and held back on for better sales:
- Alan Wake (2012) - Holding out for the game to drop. Hoped it'd be in the EC since it's pretty much got all the right credentials to it that you could ask for in a 2012 game, but... it's not there.
- Dead Island GOTY (2012) - Not quite the same level as Alan Wake, but still hoped it'd be there.
- The Walking Dead (2012) - It was already there. Matter of the sale.
- Max Payne 3 (2012) - Giving this the 2K treatment of "the DRM puts me off until it's really, really cheap and/or bundled."
- L.A. Noire Complete (2011? 2012?) - See Payne 3. Only this time I'm aware that the DRM actively hurts the performance of the game.
- GTA4: Complete (20xx?) - This has so much DRM on it I'm not sure I'll ever buy it standalone out of that principle alone.
- Syndicate (2012) - I remember the $5.09 sale from Gamestop! Prime candidate for free or <$1 game.
- Hotline Miami (2012) - Saw it at $5 at so many places, figured it'd happen. Even if it's a glitch, it happened. I just find it hilarious that it happened similar to Dead Space 2 last year in terms of "here's our sale price. Oh, a PM. Guess it's free now!" Was a prime candidate for free or <$1, still might be.
- Batman AA & AC GOTY games/pack. Not getting either of these games on vanilla. Depending on the game, could see it be one of the freebies even, or the two together at a really low number.

Only other notable thing that comes to mind is I imported Dark Souls because it was a similar price overall. Even though it did take a damn month to arrive, I do get the physical goodies that came with the EU release.

Edited by DarkZero104, 04 January 2013 - 06:33 AM.
Totaled numbers.

#16325 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hey Tony, I don't know if this is in your purview or not, but I posted about a bunch of point-and-click adventure titles that are on sale right now for cheap. Do you know when that sale is going to end, and if those titles have any DRM?

That was a great list! I bought all of them! Cursed Mountain sure sounded good!

Also snagged this one as well:

Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

#16326 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Ok, here's my list starting from November onward.

Amazon (btw, I had never made any Amazon Digital purchases until last year)

The Secret World x2 - $14.99 *2

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19
- Darksiders
- Darksiders 2
- Darksiders 2 Season Pass
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Shadow of Death
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Mortis
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Rusanov's Axe
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Fletcher's Crow Hammer
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Deadly Despair
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Argul's Tomb
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Mace Maximum
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Abyssal Forge
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Angel of Death Pack
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Van der Schmash Hammer
- Darksiders 2 DLC: Death Rides

2k Shooter Pack - $9.99
- Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack
- Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
- Bioshock 2
- Bioshock

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $4.99
- Metro 2033
- Homefront
- Red Faction Guerrilla
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
- Red Faction Armageddon
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Batman Arkham GOTY Pack - $9.99
- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
- Batman Arkham City GOTY

2k Strategy Super Pack - $14.99
- The Stronghold Collection
- Civilization V: Gods and Kings
- Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
- Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition

Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - $9.99
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
- KoA:R DLC: The Legend of Dead Kel
- KoA:R DLC: The Teeth of Naros

Spec Ops: The Line - $2.49
The Darkness 2 - $2.49
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $14.99

Total games - 24 (counting the Stronghold Collection as 1; 29 otherwise)
Total DLC - 14
Value: $113.09

--------------------------------------------

Steam

Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 Special Edition - $9.99 (gift)
Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013 - $4.99 (I don't think Amazon has any of the newest MtG games)
Mass Effect - $4.99 (had ME2 on Steam already, wanted to keep together)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 - $2.49 (Does Amazon have this one? I didn't see it.)
Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle - $4.99 (gift)
Magic 2012 Gold Game Bundle - $4.99 (same as the 2013 one above)

Thief Bundle 2012 - $6.74 (Do you have this one digitally? A search only brought up the DVDs I think)
- Thief Gold
- Thief 2
- Thief: Deadly Shadows

Just Cause 2 - $3.74 (I slipped and missed that this one was already on Amazon for same price. /doh!)
Oblivion Game of the Year - $4.99 (Bethesda, 'nuf said)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - $4.99 (Was there a Steam version of this? I only saw the non-Steam one, so went ahead and picked up on Steam)

GTA Complete Pack - $12.49 (If you had this I couldn't find it)
- Grand Theft Auto
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Grand Theft Auto 3
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2.49 (Didn't know Amazon had Steam copy until after purchase)

Max Payne Bundle - $3.74 (Bundle, didn't see this on Amazon)
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 2

Total games: 22
Total DLC: 0 (aside from what comes with the GotY and special edition bundles)
Value: $61.63

#16327 Azone

Azone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

First time posting in this thread, but I've been reading it for over a year. I'd just like to say that this holiday season, I did not buy a single game from Steam. Partially because I was expecting (:cry:) a bevy of games from a too good to be true Bethesda Bundle and partially because Amazon killed Steam sales everywhere I turned. I didn't buy much (I'm trying to tame the beast that is my backlog), but it was nearly all from Amazon or the Humble Bundles. Oh, and there were plenty of Amazon deals I would have bought had I not already owned the games.

Just a quick breakdown from the holiday season:

Amazon
Nexuiz: $0.99
Tantalizing THQ Medley: $4.99 (amazing deal that filled in the gaps from the Humble THQ Bundle)
Civilization V: GOTY: $7.49
Hotline Miami: $0.00
Spec Ops: The Line: $2.49

Humble Bundle
Humble THQ Bundle
Humble Indie Bundle 7

Green Man Gaming:
Civilization V: Gods and Kings: $3.15

GOG:
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition: $0.00

Steam:
:lol:

GamersGate:
Bethesda Bundle: $27.82 (if only)

And, Tony, thanks for all the work you've put into these deals. I was blown away by what you put out last year (ended up reposting a couple deals on SD) and you didn't disappoint this year. That combined with your communication and support = BEST.REP.EVER.

#16328 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yeah I'm freaking out because I'm almost done with Season 1, Season 2 isn't available without Showtime, and I don't do cable (Amazon/Hulu for everything).

Spoiler
I'm doing a Breaking Bad marathon soon. I've never seen even 1 episode.

Cheers,
Tony

Breaking Bad is great marathon material. I watched it from scratch in August. The story is fairly seamless season-to-season.

I do appreciate how Dexter season's had been nice story arcs (since I consumed one a year... that reminds me, I need to catch up on this Fall's season).

Make friends with someone who has Showtime =D

I really only like watching TV shows when a full season is available.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16329 nbread

nbread

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Haha that's awesome dude. I haven't been out in Beacon Hill ever, I'm in Cap Hill so I stick primarily to this hood and downtown...I practically live at Linda's on the weekends because they have WiFi and let Paddington hang out there with me.

Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

<crickets>

Well, I live here, and I like it. :)

#16330 faceless007

faceless007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

That was a great list! I bought all of them! Cursed Mountain sure sounded good!

Also snagged this one as well:

Ghost Encounters: Deadwood

Thanks, glad to see someone else cares. :D

#16331 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

<crickets>

Haha I'll be out your way on Wednesday next week! I love Bellevue.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16332 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

When will 2K Mega Pack back?

#16333 Seth Oriath

Seth Oriath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

When will 2K Mega Pack back?

When Amazon gets more Bioshock 2 keys. They keep selling out.

#16334 Metroidman

Metroidman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

So any chance for Max Payne 3 for 14.99 again?

Also any chance hitman Absolution gets added to EC games to use coupon?

#16335 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

So any chance for Max Payne 3 for 14.99 again?

Also any chance hitman Absolution gets added to EC games to use coupon?

Tony's said multiple times that it's highly unlikely that Hitman will get added.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#16336 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, could you ask THQ if you can carry You Don't Know Jack digitally?
http://store.steampo...1_7_suggest__13

my wife is hounding me about it. thanks

spent 90% Amazon (the whole site, wife loves it)
1% Steam
9% fellow CAGs
Happy New Year Tony!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#16337 FyreFlux

FyreFlux

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

i guess i'll join in...didnt realize amazon was having deals on steam games until late and i missed the first few days of the sales since i was on vacation... :-?

amazon
Hitman Absolution 19.99
Dead Island Upgrade Pack 4.99 (already had the regular edition on steam and figured it was free since i'd get a $5 coupon for it)
Hotline Miami 2.49 After Coupon
Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition 12.99 After Coupon

steam
Darksiders Franchise Pack 13.59
Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City GOTY's 12.48
Saints Row The Third Complete Pack 7.49
Limbo 2.49
Magicka Collection 8.74

and about $7 on humble bundle 7

#16338 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Tony's said multiple times that it's highly unlikely that Hitman will get added.

Should add that to the thread's "FAQ".

#16339 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

If you buy Civ V come back here and tell me how the words "one more turn" have changed meaning in your mind.

Cheers,
Tony

Those words have meant the same thing for me since the early 90s.

#16340 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

<crickets>

I went to Cheesecake Factory there once.

Ok, I only jest. I saw Avatar in 3D in Bellevue too. It's kind of out of the way for me, and not having friends or work there I haven't discovered its spots.

#16341 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

There are 2 versions of 2K Mega Pack.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20
and
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000716161
What to buy?

#16342 T1BillionX

T1BillionX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Hey Tony, are there going to be any Activision or Waner Bros games on EC list? I'm mad I missed Scribblenauts Unlimited and Prototype Pack on the cheap. Would like to see the The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack on again if you can.

#16343 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Kent is waaay cooler than any of the cities we've mentioned sofarohmanIliveinKent :( Not too bad for raising a family, but I sure do miss living closer to Seattle. At least I work close to Lower Queen Anne, so that's something. :)

Oh, and Beacon Hill has some cool stuff. Delite Bakery is awesome and way, way better than Valerio's.

Speaking of sinfully delicious, I just bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a moment ago. I've never played before so hopefully I can handle the agonizing failure. I've been playing FTL off and on for a few weeks now, so I think I might be a little more steeled against constant death and restarts. Thanks for hooking up that deal, Tony!

EDIT: Hey, is this new? After I confirmed my digital order I was shown a screen where I could press a button that immediately showed me my game key. Usually I have to go to my software library in Amazon and find it there. Nice!

#16344 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

If you buy Civ V come back here and tell me how the words "one more turn" have changed meaning in your mind.

Cheers,
Tony

I first developed JOMTitis years and years ago, with another Sid Meier game: Alpha Centauri. (Love that game. Still play it. Bought it from GOG during their holiday sale, just so I can retire my installer CDs.)

Everything I know about falling asleep in front of a tech tree, I learned from Alpha Centauri. :lol:

HOLIDAY GAME-SPENDING QUESTION: What are the "official" beginning and ending dates? I bought stuff pretty steadily throughout November, and I bought a lot more games during Thanksgiving weekend than I have in the Christmas/New Year's period. Before I go digging into my sales history, I need some parameters.

#16345 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Kent is waaay cooler than any of the cities we've mentioned sofarohmanIliveinKent :( Not too bad for raising a family, but I sure do miss living closer to Seattle. At least I work close to Lower Queen Anne, so that's something. :)

Oh, and Beacon Hill has some cool stuff. Delite Bakery is awesome and way, way better than Valerio's.

Speaking of sinfully delicious, I just bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a moment ago. I've never played before so hopefully I can handle the agonizing failure. I've been playing FTL off and on for a few weeks now, so I think I might be a little more steeled against constant death and restarts. Thanks for hooking up that deal, Tony!

Yea, Kent!

#16346 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

There are 2 versions of 2K Mega Pack.

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20
and
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000716161
What to buy?

The one that says "[online game codes]" This is the one with Steam keys

#16347 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Same...it sucks waiting for new episodes. I wish TV would go the route of releasing entire seasons at a time instead of making you wait week to week. You could watch it on-demand and I would even put up with SOME commercials like if you were watching it on their website.

I try to resist watching HBO shows till they get a few seasons in because the breaks between seasons are brutal.

For real dude, I think the model has been proven out and the first company that releases episodic content in large, martahon-able chunks, is going to make cash remarkably fast.

I think that's a market sooooo ready for disruption (the way Steam did with the PC gaming market).

Cheers,
Tony

The entire video-distribution market is incredibly ripe for major shakeups. But the existing system is being held together with red tape and lawyer spit, and those are proving difficult to overcome.

#16348 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Once I was finished wiping away my surprise at this request I sent an email to Plug In Digital and let them know we'd like to promote this.

Just for you guys. I'll report back when I hear from them.

I find it awesome how a joke can lead to something serious. And I think if it was cheap enough, I'd probably take a dip.

Will Guild Wars 2 be on sale anytime soon? (to take advantage of the promotions)
Also if you'd know what kind of discount to look for if/when it happens that would be great.

I asked him as well, and he said he's emailing them asking what kind of deal can be done. :bouncy:

And I think I need to make my own graph like everyone else. o_O

#16349 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Purchases from December on:

Amazon:
Desert to Sea - $10
Bioshock 1+2 - $5
Hotline Miami - $0

GMG:
Jet Set Radio - $2.38
Sleeping Dogs - $5.90 (spent all the credit)
Civ 5 G&K - $3.15
DMC4 - $2 (had a friend in the UK pick up a copy)

Steam: nothing

GOG:
Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire - $2.99

GamersGate:
Bethesda Bundle x2 - $57.52
Borderlands 2 - $14.99
Borderlands 2 Season Pass x2 - $14.98

#16350 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Well I guess I'll get on the bandwagon too, for winter sale only:

Amazon:
SR3: Full Pack $2.50
THQ Pack $5
2K Shooter Pack $5
Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack $1.87
Darksiders 2 DLC - Mortis $.32
2 x Nexuiz $2
Spec Ops: The Line $2.50
Hotline Miami Free
Total: $19.19

Steam:
Serious Sam HD 1 $2.25
Serious Sam HD 2 $3
Roller Coaster Rampage $2.50
Magnetis $.50
Doom Rails $.75
Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold $2
Total: $11

Of course, if you go through earlier in December and all of November, I have probably another $100 spent on Amazon (bought multiple copies of pretty much all the random bundles) and maybe $10 on steam.