Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16381 memphiz88

memphiz88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Any thoughts on mass effect 3? Is the delxu version worth the extra $5? I've played 1 and 2 but none of the dlcs with 2. If I wait another year think there will be a 3 with all dlcs ?

deluxe edition contain some digital stuff eg soundtrack and digital book, free dlc and iinm From Ashes DLC for free which contains the Prothean squadmate.

#16382 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hey Tony, was Settlers 7 Gold supposed to go back to full price today?

Went to buy it for the 7.50 price and it's 29.99 now, will it be going back down or should I buy it off Ubisoft's sale today?

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#16383 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Alright, I need some advice. I've got two more $5 coupons - do I drop one on Spec Ops? How long is it going to be on sale for at $2.50? There's not much else I'm waiting for - already have TWD, but there's part of me that wants to wait - we have an awful lot of January left.

It will be at that price until the 9th, according to the first page.

I keep changing what I'm looking to use my 2 certificates on. I have a third reserved for Crusader Kings II, but the other two are pretty open. Might pick up Spec Ops, but the new WTF pack (with The Darkness II, DNF and Borderlands) is kinda tempting. But, I don't have strong feelings about any of those games.
Posted Image

#16384 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Funny story about Civ V. I split the 2K Strategy Pack with a friend, installed it last week and loaded up the tutorial. The tutorial never mentions that it doesn't end when victory conditions are met, so I ended up playing for 8 hours and achieved all the victory conditions until I hit 2051 and realized that it was going to go on forever.

Wasn't there a story recently from reddit where a guy has been playing Civ II for like 10 years?

That news story was from the area the thief was from. Tony, UW_Shock, me, and I think a couple others here are from the Seattle Area.

With that in mind, Tony, don't forget that you can call in the cops from Ballard or just call Jesse. :)

P.S. Sorry, not trying to make light of your situation. I hope things work out for you quickly. Oh, and anyone outside of Seattle: Ballard is totally different now. It's one of the hippest places in the area. Who woulda thought?

P.S.S. I suck at formatting apparently.

I live in Seattle. I used to live in South Lake Union until ahem, Amazon moved in and the rents got all jacked up. Now I live in Greenwood but I like it here. There's still lots of stuff within walking distance.

Ballard, well it's all condoized to me these days but I do like The Smoke Shop. That place is still old Ballard. Just don't ring the bell or you'll be buying the whole bar a round of drinks.

I imagine running into you on a sidewalk and, "um, excuse me but...."

Ballard is nice (tho Red Mill was closed on NYE!) but Beacon Hill where I live is getting nicer with the nightlife. Georgetown a walk down the hill has the best brewery-crawl, possibly anywhere.

Beacon Hill is cool. I used to live there too. Up on the north end though by the bridge and the big old hospital building that Amazon used to be in. But it's really been getting more stuff going since the light rail got there. Friday night at Inay's is always fun.

Haha that's awesome dude. I haven't been out in Beacon Hill ever, I'm in Cap Hill so I stick primarily to this hood and downtown...I practically live at Linda's on the weekends because they have WiFi and let Paddington hang out there with me.

Cheers,
Tony

I used to go to Linda's all the time. I haven't been so much lately since I moved. It can be kind of hipstery, but then again so can all of Cap Hill. It's a neat little faux dive. I actually like the food too. The drunkest I have ever been in my life happened at Linda's, but the martini's from the Chapel bar were really to blame, it just didn't hit me until I got to Linda's. ;)

Hey, you know what part of the Seattle area is awesome & hip? Bellevue! Amirite?

<crickets>

Well, I live here, and I like it. :)

Uh, suuuure. Kidding! I go there once in a while for the mall. It's not so bad if you don't head over the bridge when the traffic is bad. There's a bunch of decent Indian restaurants on the east side too.

Haha I'll be out your way on Wednesday next week! I love Bellevue.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh? Going to Valve? ;)

Kent is waaay cooler than any of the cities we've mentioned sofarohmanIliveinKent :( Not too bad for raising a family, but I sure do miss living closer to Seattle. At least I work close to Lower Queen Anne, so that's something. :)

Oh, and Beacon Hill has some cool stuff. Delite Bakery is awesome and way, way better than Valerio's.

Speaking of sinfully delicious, I just bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a moment ago. I've never played before so hopefully I can handle the agonizing failure. I've been playing FTL off and on for a few weeks now, so I think I might be a little more steeled against constant death and restarts. Thanks for hooking up that deal, Tony!

EDIT: Hey, is this new? After I confirmed my digital order I was shown a screen where I could press a button that immediately showed me my game key. Usually I have to go to my software library in Amazon and find it there. Nice!

Uh Kent, uh yeah. I generally try not to head much south of Georgetown. :-P

Dee Lite Bakery is good though and cheap too.

Anyway, I should probably make my list like everyone else at some point but it would be TL;DR-ish.

One thing I will say is besides price, another reason I'd buy something on Steam vs Amazon is for gifting. The gifting system on Steam is just way nicer. With some people like my sister if I email them a key they forget about it and it sits in their email and I don't find out until months later (or ever maybe) but with the giifting system on Steam I know it went to their accounts and they get it right away and will see it next time they log in.

steam_sig.png

#16385 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Gonna start where the coupons start
Amazon:
THQ Medley - 10
Indigo Prophecy - 2.50
MP3 Complete - 20
DS: PtD - 15
LA Noire - 7.50
Dreamcast Pck - 5
Hell Yeah - 3.75(?)
Serious Bundle - 10
DI GotY - 6
Costume Quest - 3.75
Scribblenauts - 7.50
DS2 Pack ~ 8
Kane and Lynch 1 - 3
Genesis Pack - 5
Desert to Sea ( For my bros new gaming rig :D) - 5
TSW - 13
2x Hotline Miami - 0 :P
----------------------------------
Total - 125

Impulse:
Viking - 5.08

Greenmangaming:
Mechromancer - 3.50

Steam:
Dead Rising 2 - 5
Hearthfire - 2.50
Saints Row TT Complete - 7.50 (Before amazon PM'd :/)
PoP: WW - 2.50
SC: Chaos Theory - 2.50
I Am Alive - 5.09
GRAW 2 - 2.50
Jericho - 3.30
THPS HD: Revert - 3.75
Pirates! - 5
Deponia - 5
Doom - 1.25
Sleeping Dogs DLC ~ 3
Bionic Commando - 5
Sniper Elite pack - 13
TW Battles - 1.50
Grimrock - 3.75
Witches - 2.50
Toki Tori - 0.5
Dredmor DLC - 0.75
Pendulo Pack - 15
Poker Night - 2.5
Fear 2 - 3.75
Empire TW DLC - 5
Batman DLC ~ 7(?)
----------------------------
Total - 110.25

Steam gave me DLC, and old stuff basically. Also, TW: Fall of the Samurai for EC? ;D
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16386 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Ok, so *that's* why Ballard sounded so familiar, it's the neighborhood we stayed in when I missed going to PAX Prime by a day in 2011 (not bitter...). Spent most of the time doing the touristy attractions, drove by all the Bellevue tech offices, and caught a Mariners game (nice stadium). O'Shan Sushi was the first place I've had sushi from and makes me wish we had places as fresh and reasonably priced here.

Wasn't there a story recently from reddit where a guy has been playing Civ II for like 10 years?

Sure was.

I should throw together a purchase list at least for my benefit, but then I'd have to face and realize just how much I spend on games, and I'm not sure I want to do that. Maybe it won't be so bad if I ignore all the console purchases, including the fantastic Vita bundle Amazon ran on Black Friday.

One thing I will say is besides price, another reason I'd buy something on Steam vs Amazon is for gifting. The gifting system on Steam is just way nicer.

This for sure. Semi-related, library and inventory management on Amazon leave a lot to be desired. Not to mention, Steam is better for the casual browse and impulse buy. After using Amazon quite a bit this year it's easier to navigate, but there are still times that I'm looking for a page and have no idea how to get there.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#16387 Germinator

Germinator

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi,

It appears Max Payne 3 is back in stock, however it is $30. Could someone link me to the one which included all 4 DLC that was available a few days ago.

The link below doesn't mention the DLC:
http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_20

Thanks

#16388 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Speaking of sinfully delicious, I just bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition a moment ago. I've never played before so hopefully I can handle the agonizing failure. I've been playing FTL off and on for a few weeks now, so I think I might be a little more steeled against constant death and restarts. Thanks for hooking up that deal, Tony!

Don't forget to grab DSFix so that it renders at the proper resolution. Without that, the game's a visual mess on PC that upscales from some obscenely low resolution to whatever resolution you set.
Posted Image

#16389 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

$12.99 for Dark Souls after coupon is a steal; this game has consumed me the past few days. One of the best gaming experiences I have had in a long while.

And it actually looks... good, visually, after all the community tweaks and mods (compared to the abomination that I was presented with on initial load).

In other news, here's hoping that some other games or price adjustments happen between now and the end of the month on the Editor's Choice list. I am sitting on 3 coupons, and with the current list, I either already have it, or it is still more than I am willing to pay after coupon.

Amazon:
Dark Souls
Bioshock/Spec Ops pack (already had Spec Ops) w 2K coupon
Lego LotR
Scribblenauts

Steam:
Giana Sisters
Dawn of War Franchise
Hero Academy
Orcs Must Die 2 DLC

So, a little over $50 for my holiday purchases this year. Pretty tame, considering. Then again, other than Dark Souls, most were just impulse purchases and not things I was really "wanting".
Posted Image

#16390 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

It appears Max Payne 3 is back in stock, however it is $30. Could someone link me to the one which included all 4 DLC that was available a few days ago.

The link below doesn't mention the DLC:
http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_20

Thanks

Here's the exact one I purchased a few days ago though it's now showing $59.99 and there's no mention of the DLC (wasn't when I bought it either). http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

76561197971332172.png

#16391 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Any thoughts on mass effect 3? Is the delxu version worth the extra $5? I've played 1 and 2 but none of the dlcs with 2. If I wait another year think there will be a 3 with all dlcs ?

I'd have my doubts about a 3 with all of the DLCs sold together; they still haven't done that for 2. I know that the deluxe edition of 3 contains one of the story DLCs, but is the content added by it worth the extra $5?

I'm also wondering whether 3 might be cheaper than $10 regular/$15 deluxe sometime soon. Any thoughts?

#16392 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Max Payne is up for Community Choice, voting ends in about 20 minutes. May want to hold off and get it there. It will probably be listed for $14.99 if it wins.

Saving over $40 for the steam edition 59.99 (Amazon) vs 14.99 (Steam) the edge has to go to Steam.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#16393 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Max Payne is up for Community Choice, voting ends in about 20 minutes. May want to hold off and get it there. It will probably be listed for $14.99 if it wins.

Saving over $40 for the steam edition 59.99 (Amazon) vs 14.99 (Steam) the edge has to go to Steam.

Amazon doesn't PM those, ain't it??

#16394 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Amazon doesn't PM those, ain't it??

Pretty sure they do not, plus the previous Max Payne 3 price match they had for steam was only live for about half the time before it vanished and came back at the current prices once the flash deal and price match period ended.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#16395 Mippo

Mippo

One and Only

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Can boxed copies of games register on Steam or does it have to be bought digitally? I had a boxed copy of Farcry 2, and was trying to put it on Uplay (I used the code to get it on my computer) and was not able to do so it doesn't recognize the code.

Amazon has a few games super cheap right now in the bundles that I own boxed copies for which is why I'm asking, is it worth just getting the keys for an extra $2.50 to get them on Steam? Is there any actual benefit to it or is it just personal preference?

#16396 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Pretty sure they do not, plus the previous Max Payne 3 price match they had for steam was only live for about half the time before it vanished and came back at the current prices once the flash deal and price match period ended.

Ah well, on the fence about it anyway. Something good might happen.

#16397 slowpc

slowpc

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well , was going to grab Civ 5 on steam since I have never played it and the price was not bad for the Goty version ... then double checked on amazon and forgot about the 2k strategy collection.

Thank you :)

#16398 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

I would like to put in a request to Tony for him to approach Stardock to carry their games digitally. I'm sure he already has, but GalCiv, Fallen Enchantress, Sins of a Solar Empire, etc etc would be great additions to Amazon's digital collections!

Cheers!

Thadar

#16399 mtommy79

mtommy79

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Pretty disappointed because of that. All day yesterday i was waiting for the new keys to arrive, but it only happened after the sale was over :( Wanted to buy it, but had no chance.

#16400 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Max Payne 3 won. Now Amazon to price match it. T_T

#16401 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ah well, on the fence about it anyway. Something good might happen.

You never know, Tony may deliver a late X-Mas present to and roll the price down to $14.99. He seems to always take care of us. Now if he can just get FF VII on Amazon.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#16402 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Amazon doesn't pricematch flash deals (except in the case of Hotline Miami where it was a bug). Period. Already been covered. You woulda had to have gotten it when it was in stock for the other sale (like 30 minutes).

#16403 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Amazon doesn't pricematch flash deals (except in the case of Hotline Miami where it was a bug). Period. Already been covered. You woulda had to have gotten it when it was in stock for the other sale (like 30 minutes).

Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal, but historically I'm not sure if those were PM'ed.

EDIT: I see Borderlands 2 season pass was turned down earlier so probably wont be matched, although a 24 hour deal would be sweet since they ran out of keys during the price match (just hoping lol)

#16404 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal, but historically I'm not sure if those were PM'ed.

EDIT: I see Borderlands 2 season pass was turned down earlier so probably wont be matched, although a 24 hour deal would be sweet since they ran out of keys during the price match (just hoping lol)

Yeah this would be nice. But I dobut it :( Early bird gets the worm!

GMG has Sine mora (ran out fast)back up for 2.49 though and you can use a 20% coupon on it, for example though.

#16405 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Early bird gets the worm!

I picked a terrible time to get my feathers plucked.*

*Err that sounded dirtier than I had intended.

#16406 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hey, Tony. Just wondering if you could give anymore info from upcoming additions to the EC lists. I have around 11 coupons left and I really don't want anything on sale at the moment that I don't already have, so I'm contemplating if I should start looking for CAG's to help out.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#16407 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey, Tony. Just wondering if you could give anymore info from upcoming additions to the EC lists. I have around 11 coupons left and I really don't want anything on sale at the moment that I don't already have, so I'm contemplating if I should start looking for CAG's to help out.

Do a search of Tony's posts.. he updated yesterday a couple more times than he should have but they included a what's upcoming list... Tony doesn't have time to respond every time someone posts something like this.

#16408 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Has this already been covered too then?
A sale that ends in 26 hours from now (don't know when it started)
http://store.steampo...com/app/108500/

#16409 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

It started on day 1 I think

#16410 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Nope, and no idea if they plan to PM that. I didn't see it but that's not saying I didn't miss something. I just wasted an hour and change of my life on Duke Nuke'm forever. Apparently childhood memories are meant to be dashed.