Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16411 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Has this already been covered too then?
A sale that ends in 26 hours from now (don't know when it started)
http://store.steampo...com/app/108500/

Probably won't get price matched since its an editors choice selection. I doubt they want to sell it for 9 cents.

#16412 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Technically it's a community choice deal not a flash deal

I love technicalities.... Also guys, don't "box" Tony in. Allow him to be generous with the publisher deals he has made. We tend to "box" him in when we limit him based on what we feel is historical or right. That is why people get upset when he negotiates a lower price the week after he got us a "good" price.

If he chooses to match the Max Payne "community choice" deal it may just be because they already have the publisher deal and ran out of keys when it was offered originally.

#16413 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Nope, and no idea if they plan to PM that. I didn't see it but that's not saying I didn't miss something. I just wasted an hour and change of my life on Duke Nuke'm forever. Apparently childhood memories are meant to be dashed.

Is Duke Nuke'm Forever really a bad game?

#16414 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Has this already been covered too then?
A sale that ends in 26 hours from now (don't know when it started)
http://store.steampo...com/app/108500/

It started on day 1 I think

It's been on sale since the start of Steams Winter Sale. I've already entered into Amazon's PM system, but I already own it anyway.

#16415 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I dunno, I put it down after an hour and walked away. I couldn't take it. Duke cursed but it was the same clips over and over and over and over and over. Little things like playing pool didn't work right. And while it was kinda funny it was enough that I had to walk away. I think I'm booting up Borderlands next. I was hoping DNF hate was unfounded since I played and LOVED 3D.

#16416 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

It's an absolutely steaming pile of Fuck considering it as a Duke Nukem game. It's just a regular poo-fest, below par, "rushed out the door" game if just looked at as a standard shooter.

#16417 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

As with so many things, it's subjective. Are Apple MacBook Pros expensive? Does Retina look better on an iPad? Does the PS3 having more exclusives make it better? Does crap stink?

The last one is the question you're posing in a more generic way. For DNF, it is crap. Does it stink? That's up to your olfactory sense. Keep in mind, though, that DNF is not your own brand. It is someone else's crap, crapped twice, then set aside on a shelf somewhere. After a few years, a completely different group comes along, takes the years old crap, consumes it, and then craps THAT out for the last time with a few modern niceties like saffron and poppy seeds.

Does that thrice-crapped crap stink?

#16418 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I love technicalities.... Also guys, don't "box" Tony in. Allow him to be generous with the publisher deals he has made. We tend to "box" him in when we limit him based on what we feel is historical or right. That is why people get upset when he negotiates a lower price the week after he got us a "good" price.

If he chooses to match the Max Payne "community choice" deal it may just be because they already have the publisher deal and ran out of keys when it was offered originally.

Tony mentioned earlier that he wasn't sure they would put it back on 75% again, but didn't say it wouldn't either. So its still open for a chance. Lots of month left anyways.

#16419 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Oh, and Tony, I'm going though my purchase history for you and I'll just say this... I restarted purchasing PC games last August, but didn't register here until November (thanks to that crazy Square Pack) and the amount of money saved since registering here is just balls-out ridiculous! Or said another way, the money I wasted from August to say late October is just plain embarrassing, especially considering the difference in number of games purchased in the two time spans.

#16420 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

I do not think so.

I had an elaborate post as to why it is not a terrible game coming from someone who's been playing since Duke 2, but that post seems to have been deleted:roll: (Disagree mod?)

If you are a Duke Fan and are not expecting Duke 3D-2 (Which , while a great game is not all that amazing as people make it out to be. It's one of those things that's put up on a pedestal and people revere it like it's the golden standard. Plus it features some of the most shallow FPS design of the 90's. FIND THE SECRETS, FIND THE KEYS! DERP) ;or don't have 10+ years of built up expectations;Then there is no reason why you shouldn't enjoy the game.

Honestly, I loved DNF, it surely wasn't perfect and felt a little bit unfinished by the time it was over. But far from the amount of bad people have painted it to be, especially far from the scores it's gotten.

BUT HEY, Apples Oranges right?:applause:

#16421 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

It's an absolutely steaming pile of Fuck considering it as a Duke Nukem game. It's just a regular poo-fest, below par, "rushed out the door" game if just looked at as a standard shooter.

Lol at DNF being rushed out the door.

I'd say video games are a lot like tea. They have an optimal steeping time. Too short and there isn't much substance and too much and it turns bitter.

Dnf is interesting because you can feel what part of the game were designed 10 years ago and what was new. It's worth experiencing for that alone to me.

Also, the doctor dlc I've heard is very good for it.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#16422 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Dnf is interesting because you can feel what part of the game were designed 10 years ago and what was new. It's worth experiencing for that alone to me.

Yeah, it's like all the devs were doing their own thing for 10 years, got together for bowling and beer one weekend and said "Hey, you want to finish that Duke game?"...later that same weekend..."Cool, that didn't take long at all. Ship it!"

#16423 alexkidd600

alexkidd600

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Just got more Bioshock keys.

Bundles should be back up in under an hour. Still waiting on MP3.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi Tony,

I have been waiting the 2k shooter pack to become available again, but it is still not available.
Will we be able to see it before the promotion ends?

Thanks a lot for your amazing work :)
Alex

#16424 jake1999

jake1999

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I think DNF is a horrible game (and I sadly played the entire game). The first one was a lot of fun but that was years ago and I think if i played it today I would find it less interesting - there have been some really good shooters over the past 15 years :)
-
For the money farcry is tons better or even serious sam (if you are looking for a cheap shooter).

#16425 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Serious Sam 3 is one of the best fps of the past years...

#16426 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'd have my doubts about a 3 with all of the DLCs sold together; they still haven't done that for 2. I know that the deluxe edition of 3 contains one of the story DLCs, but is the content added by it worth the extra $5?

I'm also wondering whether 3 might be cheaper than $10 regular/$15 deluxe sometime soon. Any thoughts?

Deluxe has already been down to $12 at Gamefly during BF.

#16427 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Serious Sam 3 is one of the best fps of the past years...

Still waiting for that <$5 price though!
Posted Image

#16428 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well said. :applause:

Max Payne has 10 hours left on it's sale. Going to at least give Tony 5 hours or so to match before pulling the trigger.

76561198056146032.png    

Frostpaw.png

#16429 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Went ahead and got Hotline for $2.50

Now to decide on Dark Souls.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#16430 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi Tony,

I have been waiting the 2k shooter pack to become available again, but it is still not available.
Will we be able to see it before the promotion ends?

Thanks a lot for your amazing work :)
Alex

Hey dude,

They were back up for like an hour or so yesterday before they sold out again.

Apparently more people were waiting for them to come back up than I thought.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16431 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hey Tony.

Any chance on a PM with Max Payne 3?

#16432 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Tony

I've got a whole village of orphans here I've been beating with SlimJims and I don't seem Condemned Criminal Origin as an EC yet. Why do you hate orphans so much?!!

#16433 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Still waiting for that <$5 price though!

6$ isn't good enough when it was on sale on steam? hah

#16434 camp

camp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Tony, huuuuge longshot but any chance you can get the Max Payne 3 season pass matched with Steam's $7.50 community choice and have it work with an EC coupon? lol

#16435 GamingKnight

GamingKnight

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Tony, do you have my pills? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me! :cold:

#16436 nucleargenocide

nucleargenocide

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

price match max payne 3 or sleeping dogs for EC?

#16437 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Tony, do you have my pills? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me! :cold:

LOL. Thats awesome. Timing with the other posts - spot on!

#16438 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

This Max Payne price is a bit sad to look at tbh. They should put it at 15$ for at least a day, i cant believe they 100% that they sold it your while price matched ;)

#16439 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hey Tony

I don't know if this has been mentioned but is Amazon going to price match the Sleeping Dogs sale on Steam it's 16.99

#16440 rudger

rudger

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

price match max payne 3 or sleeping dogs for EC?

This would be really something - I think cheapest price for SD on amazon was 15$ ...