Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16441 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Can boxed copies of games register on Steam or does it have to be bought digitally? I had a boxed copy of Farcry 2, and was trying to put it on Uplay (I used the code to get it on my computer) and was not able to do so it doesn't recognize the code.

Amazon has a few games super cheap right now in the bundles that I own boxed copies for which is why I'm asking, is it worth just getting the keys for an extra $2.50 to get them on Steam? Is there any actual benefit to it or is it just personal preference?

If they are Steamworks yes, but you would know if they are because they'd require Steam anyhow. In other cases generally no though most relatively recent EA stuff can be registered to Origin.

The whole activating to Uplay and Uplay itself as a game store and client is still relatively new so it's very YMMV on that.

#16442 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

6$ isn't good enough when it was on sale on steam? hah

When the whole Amazon SS collection was $9.99 just recently, I think waiting for <$5 is perfectly reasonable.

This would be really something - I think cheapest price for SD on amazon was 15$ ...

It was $6 or $8 (according to whether you chose credit or cash back) on GMG a short while ago. Just sayin'...

#16443 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Serious Sam 3 is one of the best fps of the past years...

That final level was epic! Some Youtube vids have called it "the longest level ever"

#16444 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

i'm actually surprised SD isn't already on the list.

Anywho, someone else said before that Tony has posted info on upcoming EC stuff. I looked through his past posts and couldn't find any of that.

#16445 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hey dude,

They were back up for like an hour or so yesterday before they sold out again.

Apparently more people were waiting for them to come back up than I thought.

Cheers,
Tony

I get the impression people aren't understanding that the EC list is dynamic and will change throughout the month, thus they are prematurely burning through their coupons.

#16446 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

i'm actually surprised SD isn't already on the list.

Anywho, someone else said before that Tony has posted info on upcoming EC stuff. I looked through his past posts and couldn't find any of that.

Enjoy...

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Cheers,
Tony

#16447 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I get the impression people aren't understanding that the EC list is dynamic and will change throughout the month, thus they are prematurely burning through their coupons.

Then the rest of the sale will be possibly better for the people who wait.;)

Enjoy...

Thank you.

#16448 bwrobins

bwrobins

CAG Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Max Payne 3 pricematch incoming!!! Thanks in advance Tony!!

#16449 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

That final level was epic! Some Youtube vids have called it "the longest level ever"

Cool, next time could you consider those of us who have the game on the queue line and hold back on the spoilers??

Thanks.

#16450 tumbenhaur

tumbenhaur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

2K Shooter Pack, Desert to Sea Bundle, & 2K Mega Pack are back up!
Thanks Tony!

#16451 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

what you're probably seeing are those who got tons of coupons by buying free demos or really cheap dlcs with the intent of trading the games over at steam. Just wait a month or so and you'll see all the trade offers. I think many of the folks who got coupons from buying games they wanted to buy are probably pacing themselves and aren't too stressed over 'not using up all my coupons'. Just a guess...;)

#16452 LN3000

LN3000

Companion Cube

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Interesting fact: WiiU and 3DS games are digital, too. In fact, video games are digital games. We can use "digital" to separate them from tabletop games, board games, real sports etc.

Perhaps I should have better phrased it as I was only counting PC-download games. :)

#16453 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Cool, next time could you consider those of us who have the game on the queue line and hold back on the spoilers??

I don't think you'll find that "Serious Sam 3 has a bunch of bad guys on the final level" to be too much of a spoiler. ;)

76561197971332172.png

#16454 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

TONY, what are the chances of Rocksmith going EC while its still $15?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16455 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

You know what...

Tony shouldn't ever give you guys clues ever again. Half the stuff you people are asking for is "Tony can I get this on sale with this extra sale sometime soon?" "Tony, is such and such going on sale?"

Seriously. And considering Tony vowed to only post 1 time per day for a week (and I think we're only on Day 3), all this pestering. No wonder the man is stressed out. I'd be stressed. Nevermind his poor hamsters.

#16456 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't think you'll find that "Serious Sam 3 has a bunch of bad guys on the final level" to be too much of a spoiler. ;)

Yeah, that would be like trying to spoil the "climax" in Debbie Does Dallas.

#16457 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Looks like Sleeping Dogs was price-matched on Amazon. It's just too bad it's not part of the Editor's Choice of 2012 list (not just because it would be awesome to save $5, but because it was an absolutely fantastic game).

#16458 Germinator

Germinator

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Here's the exact one I purchased a few days ago though it's now showing $59.99 and there's no mention of the DLC (wasn't when I bought it either). http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

The one you linked to is also $29.99, not $60.

The only one I can see which has the DLC is this one:
http://www.amazon.co...d_rhf_ee_s_cp_7

But that is $89.98

So was it an error from Amazon? Otherwise I'll just grab it from Steam?

Thanks

#16459 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

You do realize all the MP3 DLC is multiplayer, right. Not that I'm downplaying it or anything, I just don't want people thinking they're getting some special SP bonus missions or whatnot.

#16460 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Every time I hear someone mention Tony, I keep seeing Tony the tiger saying "It's gggggggreattt~".

I think I have a problem.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#16461 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Thanks.

Having the opinion that something is epic and/or long is a spoiler? Are you serious?

Both are nothing more than subjective opinion, it reveals nothing at all about the game. Period.

I suggest you don't read the boards. People could never state their favorite game or the best game of the year, as that would be considered a spoiler as well.

Been plenty of people talking about how depressing Spec Ops is. I don't see you bitching at all or even any of them?

I didn't even go that far. I just gave subjective opinion on epicness and length. It could mean... anything.

#16462 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

The whole activating to Uplay and Uplay itself as a game store and client is still relatively new so it's very YMMV on that.

Yep, and as an addendum to that, it seems like the game has to be sold through their Uplay store to be able to register it with that workaround I posted before. Hopefully they expand that out.

Every time I hear someone mention Tony, I keep seeing Tony the tiger saying "It's gggggggreattt~".

I think I have a problem.

Hey Tony!
I like the deals ya do.
Hey Tony!
If I could I would buy two.
You're the one and only buyer
With the lowest PM'd price
You know how to take a game deal and make it
Gr-r-r-r-eat!
Your sales are more than good
They're gr-r-r-eat!

#16463 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

You know what...

Tony shouldn't ever give you guys clues ever again. Half the stuff you people are asking for is "Tony can I get this on sale with this extra sale sometime soon?" "Tony, is such and such going on sale?"

Seriously. And considering Tony vowed to only post 1 time per day for a week (and I think we're only on Day 3), all this pestering. No wonder the man is stressed out. I'd be stressed. Nevermind his poor hamsters.

blah blah blah

#16464 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

blah blah blah

^
This to everything.

#16465 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

what you're probably seeing are those who got tons of coupons by buying free demos or really cheap dlcs with the intent of trading the games over at steam. Just wait a month or so and you'll see all the trade offers. I think many of the folks who got coupons from buying games they wanted to buy are probably pacing themselves and aren't too stressed over 'not using up all my coupons'. Just a guess...;)

The more of something there is available... the less value it has.

#16466 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Having the opinion that something is epic and/or long is a spoiler? Are you serious?

Both are nothing more than subjective opinion, it states nothing at all about the game. Period.

I suggest you don't read the boards. People could never state their favorite game or the best game of the year, as that would be considered a spoiler as well.

Been plenty of people talking about how depressing Spec Ops is. I don't see you bitching at all or even any of them?

I didn't even go that far. I just gave subjective opinion on epicness and length. It could mean... anything.

Maybe because I don't intend to play Spec OPS?? Have you considered you are not the center of the universe my little self centered and spoiled friend?? Oh and thanks for the bitch bit, I don't remember having insulted you but hey, getting all personal from the get go really shows how much self confidence you have.

It doesn't really matter, when you are looking forward to play X game, you don't want to know anything about the end level until you get there, be that if it's big, small, hard, easy, fun, boring, whatever.

#16467 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I'm sensing a disturbance in the thread...

Spoiler

#16468 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Oh man, I couldn't believe the last chapter of Spec Ops where you had to shoot guns and take cover. What a twist! And I never would've guessed that it was Earth all along. I can't wait for Spec Ops The Line 2: Electric Boogaloo to see how they wrap up all the plot threads.

#16469 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Maybe because I don't intend to play Spec OPS?? Have you considered you are not the center of the universe my little self centered and spoiled friend?? Oh and thanks for the bitch bit, I don't remember having insulted you but hey, getting all personal from the get go really shows how much self confidence you have.

It doesn't really matter, when you are looking forward to play X game, you don't want to know anything about the end level until you get there, be that if it's big, small, hard, easy, fun, boring, whatever.

How was I to know you intended to play Serious Sam 3?

So, it's not don't post because it might spoil it for someone...

But don't post because it might spoil it for Don and Don alone?

But "Center of the universe/self-centered"? Pot calls the kettle black.

#16470 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Oh man, I couldn't believe the last chapter of Spec Ops where you had to shoot guns and take cover. What a twist! And I never would've guessed that it was Earth all along. I can't wait for Spec Ops The Line 2: Electric Boogaloo to see how they wrap up all the plot threads.

It takes place on Earth!?! *&#@! Game is ruined now! /me puts Spec Ops up for trade, 1 million internet points.