Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16891 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

It wont stop me from beating them!!! I'm a lean mean meat stick beating machine!

:-#

***Must delete visual image...***

#16892 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

It wont stop me from beating them!!! I'm a lean mean meat stick beating machine!

Lol I keep hearing OH YEA! At the end of all your slimjim posts.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16893 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

woo hoo SEGA

#16894 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hearing Macho Man saying that with the mental image I have is the thing of nightmares. >_<

#16895 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Tony,

Did you have a problem with my FAQ? I certainly didn't want to make it seem like it was an official communication, but the last one I posted was deleted. Maybe the mods thought I was posting it too often? Anyway, no worries, just trying to be helpful, but I don't want to keep posting it if it's not allowed.

Workin on it

#16896 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I put a SlimJim between each of my fingers, I'm like Wolverine but with meat sticks.

#16897 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Tony,

Did you have a problem with my FAQ? I certainly didn't want to make it seem like it was an official communication, but the last one I posted was deleted. Maybe the mods thought I was posting it too often? Anyway, no worries, just trying to be helpful, but I don't want to keep posting it if it's not allowed.

I knew I forgot something yesterday. I'm PMing you now. Short answer the FAQ was really helpful and you rock.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#16898 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Just finished making my first Secret World char after installing overnight, and Issue #5 is still 0 points.

Edited by xanchui, 06 January 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#16899 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Great great deal on The Walking Dead. I got it for 7.50!
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#16900 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Tony, any chance that $8 Hitman collection will hit EC?

#16901 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

TWD... bought!. Thanks Tony... that and KoA was all the games I wanted on this sales... bought 17 more between them ;)

#16902 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

To be honest if you read the article the person had BAD password security in the first place.

Passwords aern't the problem

PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM

Actually passwords are the problem (no matter the length or randomness). As an authentication scheme they are really insecure since they only require a single piece of repeatable information. When used along they are alone a single point failure.

Any system that wants to be reasonably secure has Multi-Factor Authentication. The most common is password + time-based random number, these are common for work VPNs and MMOs (notably WoW). The next most common type are challenge-response systems which are notably used in military IFF (Identification of Friend or Foe) systems (and some work VPNs). They are better because they are immune to replay attacks. I could go on and on, but the point is from a security perspective passwords are total weaksauce (even 200+ random character ones). They are prevalent because they are easy and few systems are built with a focus on security.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16903 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Question about The Secret World. I've played for like 7 hours so far, I don't like the way my character looks is there a way to change it in game or do I need to make another character?

#16904 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Question about The Secret World. I've played for like 7 hours so far, I don't like the way my character looks is there a way to change it in game or do I need to make another character?

There's an in-game bodyshop. Free the first time. Otherwise seems to use in game currency.
http://www.thesecret...r_customisation

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16905 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Tony, any chance that $8 Hitman collection will hit EC?

Read his signature.

#16906 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

it just hit me how unbelievably bad i want assassins creed 3 deluxe steam version to go on sale about 50%

tony,
please work some of your EA voodoo magic on ubisoft

#16907 cl4ym4n

cl4ym4n

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

So, will TWD remain at $12.49 until the end of the EC sale/January or is it just a temporary price match because of the Steam encore sale?

#16908 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I have edited my signature, this should no address EC questions for January.

Cheers,
Tony

I have sigs turned off. Game. Set. Match.

#16909 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

So, will TWD remain at $12.49 until the end of the EC sale/January or is it just a temporary price match because of the Steam encore sale?

It's the deal of the week, it started 1 day early because of the price match.

#16910 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

check the op
check the op

#16911 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hmm, weird. I just noticed that Amazon has the older Splinter Cell & Rainbow Six titles at $2.50 and up not sure if steam though. (basically match the past Steam Daily).

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.

#16912 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hmm, weird. I just noticed that Amazon has the older Splinter Cell & Rainbow Six titles at $2.50 and up not sure if steam though. (basically match the past Steam Daily).

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.

yes

#16913 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I've never seen the show or the comic graphic novel and I really enjoyed it. Though, if you don't like modern adventure games, it may turn you off a bit. I went in hoping for a choose your own adventure book style game and feel like that's what I got. The gameplay is choice for the most part.

#16914 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in adventure games that came out after 1995.

I've told you my opinion ;). It's not much of an adventure game, so I wouldn't get it based on that. It's quite different from the TV show, not sure about the comics (haven't read them), so it doesn't matter if you haven't seen the show. I think for $7.49 it's worth trying, but knowing you don't like zombie stuff, and it's not what you'd expect from an "adventure" game, I can't recommend it.

#16915 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

From what I have played so far (not much), it seems like you might like it. I've never seen the show or read the comics, nor do I particularly like zombie stuff, but it's pretty cool. More Indigo Prophecy than Monkey Island, though. The story is deep and dramatic. The zombies are used in a classy manner, rather than the typical indie game usage (OMG ZOMBIES EVERWHERE! KILL ALL). If you like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy, you might like it, but, seeing you don't play post '95 adventure games, you might not. Choose your own purchases...
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16916 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if I should get TWD with my last coupon or wait until it's $5.

#16917 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I just want to say bravo to Amazon for totally one upping Steam. They've gotta lot of work to do to compete with GMG and Amazon lately.

#16918 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I don't know if I should get TWD with my last coupon or wait until it's $5.

If you're unsure you have a week to decide, no rush, but I think you might be waiting a while for it to hit $5.

#16919 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I hate adventure games, I loved Walking Dead, don't know if that helps. Walking Dead (game and TV show) focuses more on the characters and the situation they've found themselves in than the actual zombies, which are definitely a part of the whole thing but the main focus is characters and their struggle. I think the first chapter is free on iOS if you have a device to try it on.

#16920 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

From what I have played so far (not much), it seems like you might like it. I've never seen the show or read the comics, nor do I particularly like zombie stuff, but it's pretty cool. More Indigo Prophecy than Monkey Island, though. The story is deep and dramatic. The zombies are used in a classy manner, rather than the typical indie game usage (OMG ZOMBIES EVERWHERE! KILL ALL). If you like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy, you might like it, but, seeing you don't play post '95 adventure games, you might not. Choose your own purchases...

Thanks! That helps. Well, I think maybe I should have stated it like, I'm picky with my post-1995 adventure games (particularly the recent indie flood), whereas my newer ones are on the lines of TLJ, Syberia, Broken Sword.

I hate adventure games, I loved Walking Dead, don't know if that helps. Walking Dead (game and TV show) focuses more on the characters and the situation they've found themselves in than the actual zombies, which are definitely a part of the whole thing but the main focus is characters and their struggle.

Cool. That adds more into the opinion that TWD stands well (on it's own) outside the Zombie and Adventure games genres. (By which I mean, people who aren't rabid Zombie or Adventure game fans.)