Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16921 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I think it's still an adventure game, but it has so much going for it that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm no expert on the genre though.

#16922 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Waiting on Max Payne 3 with my last coupon. Already got TWD.

#16923 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Waiting on Max Payne 3 with my last coupon. Already got TWD.

good call

#16924 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Re:Walking Dead.... Would anyone recommend it to me given that: I haven't seen the TV/comics and am not likely to. I generally don't like Zombie stuff. I'm generally not that interested in Adventure games that came out after 1995.

I really don't even see why people keep calling it an adventure game when it's more of an interactive movie. For what it is, it's an enjoyable experience, but you're mostly just passively watching the outcome of pre-determined paths you can choose. There are a few simple puzzles intermixed between cutscenes here and there and an occasional quicktime event, but that's about it as far as the gameplay goes. If you're cool with that going in, there's an entertaining story to get wrapped up in.

#16925 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

There's an in-game bodyshop. Free the first time. Otherwise seems to use in game currency.
http://www.thesecret...r_customisation

Awesome, thank you very much for the link :D

#16926 xxxholic

xxxholic

Can Amazon price-match The Hitman Collection?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/283/

#16927 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

can I use the end of year promo codes for 5 bucks off Hitman Absolution? Not sure if it was on the list.

#16928 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Price-match Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package?
http://store.steampo....com/sub/17933/

#16929 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Price-match Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition?
http://store.steampo....com/app/91310/

#16930 zchen

zchen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

2 more $5 off left.....just need Alice and Dragon Age

#16931 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I just started watching The Walking Dead last week after playing the game, and I'm glad that I played the game first. The choices that you're presented with in the game are all variations of choices made on the show, and I don't think that the game would have been as much fun or as thought-provoking if I had already seen how characters on the show resolved these conflicts.

#16932 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I just started watching The Walking Dead last week after playing the game, and I'm glad that I played the game first. The choices that you're presented with in the game are all variations of choices made on the show, and I don't think that the game would have been as much fun or as thought-provoking if I had already seen how characters on the show resolved these conflicts.

Oh, goodie, I was wondering about this. I've never seen the show before, but like the 10m I saw of TB's "WTF is... TWD". I plan to play TWD very soon. Looks like I made the right call.

#16933 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Price-match Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package?
http://store.steampo....com/sub/17933/

This. It's a real shame that "The Full Package" version isn't on the EC list while the vanilla version is. Even if you're only looking at Amazon, they have The Full Package for $14.99 without coupon right now and that's the same price you get the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third after using a coupon. Just seems like a wasted spot on the EC list. After being in the Humble Bundle, the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third is going to need to be much lower priced than the Full Package version to attract any interest.

#16934 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

they should have the full package on the EC
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#16935 DarkGamer11

DarkGamer11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I tried to fire up Dark Soul's just now, just to try it out and make sure I had applied DSfix correctly, but it says I have to sign into GFWL, yet wont bring up the sign in window like it has on games before (Dirt 3, Arkham City). Anybody know anything about this? If you do please send me a PM.

#16936 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

This. It's a real shame that "The Full Package" version isn't on the EC list while the vanilla version is. Even if you're only looking at Amazon, they have The Full Package for $14.99 without coupon right now and that's the same price you get the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third after using a coupon. Just seems like a wasted spot on the EC list. After being in the Humble Bundle, the vanilla version of Saints Row the Third is going to need to be much lower priced than the Full Package version to attract any interest.

Tony's explains why the two are treated separately..

Negative, when we created the list we didn't have TFP yet (like it wasn't a product on our site). So we put the non-full package in there. We won't be adding The Full Package unless we have a planned promotion around it, which we do not right now.

Cheers,
Tony

#16937 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just finished installing TSW, what server is everyone on?

#16938 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

If anyobody needs it I bought a spare Full Package from Steam last year when it was dirt cheap, and I'd let it go for the same price it'd be on amazon if it had the extra $5 off.

Servers don't really matter apparently, you can play with anyone.

Cerberus here though.
Posted Image

#16939 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

^^^SR:TT:FP is dirt cheap on STEAM right now

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#16940 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I tried to fire up Dark Soul's just now, just to try it out and make sure I had applied DSfix correctly, but it says I have to sign into GFWL, yet wont bring up the sign in window like it has on games before (Dirt 3, Arkham City). Anybody know anything about this? If you do please send me a PM.

Restore the default settings prior to using DSfix and see if you can sign in. If it still won't show up than something is wrong with your installation. "Verify local files" can do this if you don't know how to rollback.

#16941 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

SR:TT:FP is dirt cheap on STEAM right now

Yeah, just noticed that.

Scratch the above post then. Mine's yours for $6. lol

Also trading!
Posted Image

#16942 deletion

deletion

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

finally! picked up walking dead! thanks amazon.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#16943 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Tony,

Any plans to put Sims 3 (not the pack) on the EC group and for an AC price less than what Steam is offering?

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#16944 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

This reminds me. I'm kinda a noob right now, but can I get an invite to the CAG TSW group? Or is there one? What info should I give you to add me? My nickname is Taurto is that helps...
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#16945 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

#16946 rockx4

rockx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Amazon DD price beats steam yet again, thanks Tony! Just picked up Walking dead with my last $5 code.

#16947 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Slips broken record onto player:

"We will continue to add games and titles to the EC list throughout the month of January. I am continually in conversation with our publishers about including and promoting their titles during January. Sega (or whatever publisher is asked about) is one of these people I'm talking to. Many people in the retail industry work insane hours prior to and during the holidays. As such, many of us are on vacation in early January."

Cheers,
Tony

Wo0t @ Sega and WB.
Who's next? ;)

I <3 when you leak-out information like this, all subtly and whatnot. ;)

I need you to talk to Namco Bandai (since you guys have Dark Souls); and get Ridge Racer Unbounded with all its DLC (Steam version) onto EC list. :D

#16948 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Also submit the PM on the Amazon store page for Dead Island GOTY

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#16949 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Seeing how Amazon creates some crazy bundle pricing, I wonder what could be done to compete with Steam's publisher packs...

#16950 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Seeing how Amazon creates some crazy bundle pricing, I wonder what could be done to compete with Steam's publisher packs...

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts