Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#16981 ryamkajr

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I did do a quick search so if this has already been addressed, please either PM me or point me to the page.

1. I bought a lot of the games that came with the $5 credit. How can I view the credit balance on my Amazon account.

2. Where is the current list of games that we can use the $5 credit on maintained?

Apologies if already addressed. I will edit/delete this after I get an answer.

#16982 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I prefer smaller bundles. It's less likely I own too much in them, and I find I'm less likely to reject something at a lower price.

You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p

Wait, I thought Toilet Tycoon was a remake of Postal 2?
:-x

#16983 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

Smaller bundles of more specific games is better.
The only exception is the 1C Bundle!!!!
Ya I went there \\:D/

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#16984 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.

Oftentimes these questions stem from genuine confusion, which is something we definitely don't want to cause, more often, the questions come from those trying to game the system and it's not feasible for us to instruct all of our CS reps how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If someone pops in here and says "TONY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WOULD BE SELLING WB GAMES IN THE EC LIST YOU OWE ME A $10 CREDIT FOR LYING TO ME" I can respond with "No I said we're talking to them and are working on stuff, specifically, I stated that nothing is locked in."

If we were to put this on the website, these same people will contact our CS, we'd have to rely on communication to our thousands of reps for each of our promotions every time we run them. This isn't feasible.

Cheers,
TOny

that sir,
is one mighty fine explaination

#16985 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I did do a quick search so if this has already been addressed, please either PM me or point me to the page.

1. I bought a lot of the games that came with the $5 credit. How can I view the credit balance on my Amazon account.

2. Where is the current list of games that we can use the $5 credit on maintained?

Apologies if already addressed. I will edit/delete this after I get an answer.

1. Check your e-mails. Best way to see how many of those EC credits you have.
Amazon website doesn't really have a way to track them. :(

2. List of EC Games w/ the allowed $5 EC Credit:
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000741551

#16986 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.

The game will literally make you throw your controller/mouse at the screen. But it has a very rewarding feeling when you finally accomplish it. (like the bridge run past the dragon... that was incredible)

#16987 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

You're not 1337 enough for Toilet Tycoon! ^_~ (Personally I can't wait until the inevitable remake as an FPS =p

What if it became a TPS? How would that even work?!

#16988 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Smaller bundles of more specific games is better.
The only exception is the 1C Bundle!!!!
Ya I went there \\:D/

That's it, 1c bundle for 20$.
2 buyers, a success.

#16989 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

What if it became a TPS? How would that even work?!

It's called Gears of War. ;)

EDIT:
Actually, I'll do you one better.

Actually, there's a section in SR: The Third where...
Spoiler

#16990 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

FYI there are several parts of this statement that are 100% untrue:

1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

2. The keys aren't worthless obviously...as evidenced by their continued sale and the massive amount of demand around the Bioshock pack when it was $5 (even before it was briefly free).

3. I'd like to offer this feedback (not to you specifically but to anyone reading this), it should be obvious by now that I'm a big advocate of using customer feedback to impact change in our business. It makes it exceedingly hard for me to make this feedback be taken seriously when anyone can pop into a forum I'm working in and find evidence of people making incorrect statements as if they were fact, the reason for this is that it destroys the credibility of the feedback. Just some food for thought, if you're going to make a statement like this, where you think you understand a situation, it is much more beneficial to the community as a whole if you instead state it as a question.

Cheers,
Tony

Okay, replace "Amazon" with "Bioshock's publisher", and the point's basically the same I would think? The pub wants to get Bioshock out there, and isn't it devaluing their product?

I like Bioshock. But too much of a good thing out there leads to any product devaluing, no?

But I'll be more careful with my comments if you're concerned of them being absolutely construed as fact.

#16991 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Ahhh, GG and their pricing-errors. ;)

They need to STOP having them during my sleeping hours and at times when I might be at work...
...and instead pick a better time to have them errors for me!

0800 UTC is when they occur!

Maybe not a better time for you, but at least you can schedule when to be ready for it!

#16992 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

EDIT:

Spoiler

Toilet Tycoon The Second:

Spoiler

#16993 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

EDIT:

Spoiler

Toilet Tycoon The Second:

Spoiler

Yes, that's it! :D

#16994 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Yes, that's it! :D

SR3 keeps getting weirder and weirder the more I learn about it...

#16995 qwertyaas

qwertyaas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Any luck with Amazon PMing Dead Island?

BTW, how long is BF3 premium on sale for?

#16996 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Okay, replace "Amazon" with "Bioshock's publisher", and the point's basically the same I would think? The pub wants to get Bioshock out there, and isn't it devaluing their product?

I like Bioshock. But too much of a good thing out there leads to any product devaluing, no?

But I'll be more careful with my comments if you're concerned of them being absolutely construed as fact.

I think you're replacing speculation with more speculation. He already told you, the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well.

And games after a certain lifespan are sold at this level not uncommonly, especially digital games. Look at all the Prince of Persia games on Steam sold for $2.50 each, or recent-gen Tomb Raider games, same thing. They always sell well when they go on deep sales. This is basically the same price BioShock is being sold for, minus rare exceptions.

There is a lot of theorizing in this thread that is asserted as fact, when most of us are just guessing at what's going on. The problem with this it leads to extended discussions that often have a very negative tone to them and they overtake the thread for pages upon pages.

#16997 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

SR3 keeps getting weirder and weirder the more I learn about it...

I didn't even mention the parts in SR3 where...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#16998 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Any luck with Amazon PMing Dead Island?

Tony's reply...

We had it for like 10 days at $5.99 ending about 7 days ago. This is one we're in conversation about revisiting and won't be matching.

Cheers,
Tony

#16999 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

The game will literally make you throw your controller/mouse at the screen. But it has a very rewarding feeling when you finally accomplish it. (like the bridge run past the dragon... that was incredible)

Yeah, that's the exact reason I don't think it's for me. I USUALLY play games to see new things (story, art, environments, etc) and challenge is really less important to me. It's about an experience. Once in a while a challenge will be fun to me and once in a blue moon I find a competitive multiplayer game I enjoy (usually a bit slower paced, more tactical stuff think Battlefield over CoD).
Posted Image

#17000 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

BTW, how long is BF3 premium on sale for?

See here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=328579

1/1-1/6:
Fifa 13 - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon)
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition - $35.99 ($31.99 after coupon)
Battlefield 3 Premium Service - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)

#17001 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

Smaller bundles with a lower price point. I'm more willing to buy a small cheaper pack that has 1 game I already own/don't want over a big pricier pack that has 1 game that I already own/don't want. It feels like the more you spend on something the less wiggle room you give it.

#17002 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Yeah, that's the exact reason I don't think it's for me. I USUALLY play games to see new things (story, art, environments, etc) and challenge is really less important to me. It's about an experience. Once in a while a challenge will be fun to me and once in a blue moon I find a competitive multiplayer game I enjoy (usually a bit slower paced, more tactical stuff think Battlefield over CoD).

Personally, I never got angry at Dark Souls (spare one time I got cursed four times in a row due to sloppy play) like I have with other games because while difficult, it is not cheap. I avoided DS like the plague on launch due to all the difficulty talk and can say now, I missed out on a good game for a while due to pure fear. I think people should actually play DS for the experience. If you can learn and adapt, DS will pose no problem to you.

#17003 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well.

So, they're running out of keys as it's selling so well? That's surprising.

Anyway, since I'm obviously wrong, let's just agree I am wrong and move on.

If Tony wants me to edit/remove my posts, I will.

But Tony, my comments came from something else that's floated in my mind that's caused what's come out to come out, so I'm really just reflecting on myself. May I please PM you about it? You'll understand why I am PMing you when you read it. And no, it's not a complaint, or speculation, or questions. If you let me PM you, you'll understand. (It's related to what I just quoted above from espy605)

#17004 opasx

opasx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Focus Group Guy: So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?
[the kids all chat at once about it being a great idea]

#17005 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Focus Group Guy: So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?
[the kids all chat at once about it being a great idea]

Actually, I was looking for a game that would be a romantic-comedy... ;)

#17006 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Sorry maybe I misunderstood your original statement:

"But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys. If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys."

This implies that we're buying keys upfront and then selling them, as with a packaged goods business, this is not true.

Similarly, with Bioshock Infinite coming out, everyone wants as many people playing as possible, increasing the number of people talking about the franchise.

Also, again, this isn't meant to sound harsh I'm just trying to communicate how making statements as if they are fact without a full understanding of what's going on makes it harder for me to make cases based on direct customer feedback.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17007 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.

Perhaps Amazon can add something like the following to that Editor's Choice page:

"Remember to check this page often as we will [or may, up to you (you=Amazon)] be adding titles to the Editor's Choice List throughout the month of January!"

#17008 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Personally, I never got angry at Dark Souls (spare one time I got cursed four times in a row due to sloppy play) like I have with other games because while difficult, it is not cheap. I avoided DS like the plague on launch due to all the difficulty talk and can say now, I missed out on a good game for a while due to pure fear. I think people should actually play DS for the experience. If you can learn and adapt, DS will pose no problem to you.

Today's the last day of the sale, and I keep getting conflicted on whether to buy or not.

I better just Youtube some vids of DS and decide. Youtube's already helped me decide on C&C Collection (no, just not my type of game, otherwise great value), TSW (yes!!!), KoA (yes), TWD (heck yes!), and Dead Rising 2 (but why did I say yes?)

DR2's not anything of what I was expecting.
Spoiler

#17009 Zaraki_Kenpachi

Zaraki_Kenpachi

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

I think I'm going to hold off on Dark Souls, I would have gotten it at $10.

I'm sort of torn on walking dead, I watched up until a little bit after you meet clementine and it just didn't really seem interesting. Does the story pick up where it's more interesting later on?

#17010 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

So, they're running out of keys as it's selling so well? That's surprising.

Anyway, since I'm obviously wrong, let's just agree I am wrong and move on.

If Tony wants me to edit/remove my posts, I will.

But Tony, my comments came from something else that's floated in my mind that's caused what's come out to come out, so I'm really just reflecting on myself. May I please PM you about it? You'll understand why I am PMing you when you read it. And no, it's not a complaint, or speculation, or questions. If you let me PM you, you'll understand. (It's related to what I just quoted above from espy605)

Why else would we be running out of keys? Also, yeah man, anyone can PM me at any time assuming my inbox isn't full (which it isn't currently).
Also, no need to edit/delete your posts, there's nothing wrong with them, I'm just trying to help the thread not fall into crap, like I said, you shouldn't read this with a negative tone in your head.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts