Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17071 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

so...
apparently hitman: absolution is 23gb
i'm pretty sad
need to figure out how to download it
what to uninstall...
how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?

#17072 Firehead03

Firehead03

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Dark Souls is not THAT hard
(the key is remembering that leveling your character scales enemies, but leveling your equipment doesn't)
Also, when you die, it is fun, some of the most fun i have had in recent years is getting killed in crazy ways
its kind of like the first time you get your head cut off by the dude with the chainsaw in resident evil 4 except it happens more often
(the big thing that sold me on dark souls over demon'e souls is that every time you die in darksouls, you go back to a checkpoint with a certain number of health items
you never run out of health items so it is never impossible

Dark Souls is AMAZING!

Hrm... Dark Souls doesn't have level scaling.

#17073 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

That's why my thinking is they don't pre-buy keys. If that were the case Bethesda and 2K wouldn't care. They would already have their money by virtue of GG 'buying' the keys so both publishers would shrug if off: 'we sold you the keys and it's your fault you goofed up and re-sold them at a loss.'

A 'per-sale/transaction' case invites the ire of publishers for selling their IP off at a 'loss' to them -- they obviously don't actually lose money but it's more of a lost-sale-at-X-price sort of thing.

I figured GG was negotiating a lower rate on the remaining keys needed to fulfill the partially-fulfilled orders.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that apparently GG (according to their CEO) is the largest DD on the planet.

#17074 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I wouldn't trust them right now..... too much shenanigans going on. I know I will likely never use them again.

Why? Because they didn't honor obvious pricing errors? Personally, I love it when hoarders are denied. Which is primarily who got in on that deal. People on Slickdeals bragging they bought 50 Bethesda packs. I am sure it happened here too. I just didn't waste the time reading the GamersGate thread here.

#17075 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

This is exactly what I mean.

What a crappy thing for a customer to have to read. I know Tony doesn't control any other people on this thread, but he chooses this method of delivery so it's hard not to be annoyed at the situation, as a paying customer, although definitely not with this particular purchase.

Seriously dude, stop whining. This is a forum of rabid game buyers, not amazon customer service. If you act like an ass ppl will call you out for it.

I've actually started to wonder is Tony is really a group of amazonianites, because based upon how often he actually answers questions, complaints, etc, he can't possibly sleep, and certainly isn't having sex as no woman would put up with his dedication.

And yes Tony, I would really like to know :)
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#17076 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I figured GG was negotiating a lower rate on the remaining keys needed to fulfill the partially-fulfilled orders.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that apparently GG (according to their CEO) is the largest DD on the planet.

As I think someone mentioned before, they meant the 'largest' in terms of games they offer/inventory which is probably true.

#17077 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Any ideas on how much Syndicate is going to be? I got one more EC credit after buying Desert to Sea and Hotline Miami.

None.

#17078 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Nategator for Worst New Poster of 2012. His prize is a copy of Toilet Tycoon.

#17079 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I don't know about that. There are a lot of awful new, and old, posters in this thread.

#17080 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

As I think someone mentioned before, they meant the 'largest' in terms of games they offer/inventory which is probably true.

Yeah, I can't be bothered to look up the interview again but the CEO made it pretty clear that he was speaking in terms of catalog size, not sales or revenue. I think he said they carried something like 4,000 titles. Awesome if you're into Euro-Toenail Clipper Simulator 2009.

#17081 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

Aww, I wish I could've won that prize. Would've saved me $2...

Wait, maybe I can remedy this: Tony, will u PM Gamersgate Bethesda error? (Now can I have a copy of Toilet Tycoon?)
EDIT: Or how about: Tony, will u PM GG NFS: The Run, and does it come with Steam keys? (How bout now?)
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#17082 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hey, TT is a surprisingly not an awful pile of a game. It's almost, dare I say, craptastic.

#17083 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Aww, I wish I could've one that prize. Would've saved me $2...

Wait, maybe I can remedy this: Tony, will u PM Gamersgate Bethesda error? (Now can I have a copy of Toilet Tycoon?)

You'll have to complain a lot more, announce you're putting people on ignore, whine you can't get a dozen AAA games for $5 just because you bought some $0.30 Darksiders 2 DLC for EC coupons, ask about EA games activating on Steam, ask for Bethesda price matches, and allege Tony is favoring certain posters and that Amazon is out to get you.

#17084 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, I can't be bothered to look up the interview again but the CEO made it pretty clear that he was speaking in terms of catalog size, not sales or revenue. I think he said they carried something like 4,000 titles. Awesome if you're into Euro-Toenail Clipper Simulator 2009.

Looking at a list of GG's prices, I see a list of 1,724 items.

So, something like 58% of their inventory is just not available for me to buy then?

#17085 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?

Same way they were able to fit Skyrim on 1 Xbox disc. Magic, courtesy of the mages from The College of Winterhold.

#17086 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

What "coupon"? The OP should be a little more clear.

#17087 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

You got $5 coupons for buying amazon games from late November through the end of the year. I guess it is assumed you know what it is talking about, as this thread has been buzzing about it for weeks.
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#17088 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Editors Choice $5 off coupons.

If you bought games from Amazon DVG during Nov 2012 to Dec 2012 that qualified, you should have some e-mails containing these coupons.

#17089 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

So, something like 58% of their inventory is just not available for me to buy then?

We handle the biggest digital store on the net, with more than 4000 games and thousands and thousands of transactions every day.

Beats me. Are those just sale titles? Or maybe they don't offer stuff out of region? You'd need to ask GamersGate about the claim... let me know how it goes :lol:

#17090 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

No, it's a glitch. They really have 19,155 games, but their system is only showing 91% off of their catalog right now. :D

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#17091 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

No, it's a glitch. They really have 19,155 games, but their system is only showing 91% off of their catalog right now. :D

Is 91% of their catalog at 91% off? ;)

#17092 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Beats me. Are those just sale titles? Or maybe they don't offer stuff out of region? You'd need to ask GamersGate about the claim... let me know how it goes :lol:

That's what I was getting at when I said 58% isn't available to me

#17093 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Think you meant NOT showing

#17094 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Think you meant NOT showing

Read it again. I said it right.

BTW,
Amazon Best Sellers in Video Games

#1 Posted Image
1.2 days in the top 100
Starter Vehicle Pack - Soar: Second Life [Game Connect]

#2Posted Image

2.34 days in the top 100
The Walking Dead [Online Game Code]
by Telltale Games

What am I missing here???

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#17095 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

People like free stuff?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#17096 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.

#17097 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Read it again. I said it right.

17,431.05 = 91% of 19,155 (what you said)

1723.95 = 9% of 19,155 (me correcting you)

I said 1,724 games. NOT seeing (as I corrected you) 91% of 19,155 is 1,724.

#17098 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.

Just to be clear, are you referencing my post above?
http://www.cheapassg...postcount=17125

#17099 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Sorry, I got carried away.

Tony, I grabbed the awesome deal you promised on TWD today. Thanks!

Two $5 codes left. Can't wait to see the next deals. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17100 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

+¹111111111111¹⅔
Keep that stuff in the steam thread