Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17101 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.

Wow, this thread go SO off topic that the mods had to come in? That takes some real randomness.
Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#17102 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

What is a 1c bundle? Just curious because I've seen it mentioned a few times.

#17103 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Wow, this thread go SO off topic that the mods had to come in? That takes some real randomness.

Yeah, there started to be comments that weren't yelling at Tony to pricematch glitches or sell Skyrim for $1.

#17104 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Is amazon going to price match the darksiders franchise pack on steam? Tony?

We'll have the same deal, possibly better (if we include it in the EC list, which we're still discussing), so we're not matching today.

@ Tony What about the "build a bundle" option to alleviate so many repeat copies of games people already have (and sometimes don't buy a bundle because of it). You could either:

1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.

OR:

2. Allow people to build the whole bundle (all 6 games) from the pool of availables. Imagine a publisher sale where they have 15 games on sale for the bundle. the bundle price stays at $15, but people are allowed to pick any 6 from the available publishers catalog (pool of games).

Example: The next time you do the paradox bundles, instead of 3 bundles (and let's face it, that did cause much confusion and people whining about what was in which bundle, and this is coming from a guy that bought like 8 of them) put ALL of those games in 1 pool, and let people make their own bundle. You can offset the people who have bought the majority of those games when they were on sale, by offering a DLC bundle just like the base games, but obviously at a different price point.

This would give more control to the customer, thereby drastically increasing their sense of value from the deal, while at the same time letting them pick which games (the extras they already have a copy of) that they can give/sell to friends. Also, if publishers like THQ are willing to do a Humble, then I'm quite sure they'd be up for something like this. Might be the chance to set precedent for other publishers to follow. You could also remind them that this setup protects them from "diluting their brand" by allowing control to them of final sale price. THQ's strategy with Humble was foolish, people paid far too little for great games, and it did little to help them financially.

Thoughts?

Never mind I fail at reading.

This is probably the only option that would be available so you don't have people cherry picking the best games. With this option publishers could still 'force' fairly unwanted titles on to people while generating revenue by including a couple people do want.

We've looked at this a few times, and will probably try something in 2013, right now though we don't have a system in place to do this smoothly. Remember when we ran the "Buy an Ubisoft Game for $5 and get a $5 coupon for another Ubisoft game?" That was an attempt at the bundling idea but it wasn't an awesome experience for the customer. I'm working on something better though.

Sorry, but I directed the question to Tony.

I just was checking to see if he would pre-announce something before I pulled the trigger on a sale. If it's a problem with Tony, I'm sure he can shoot me a PM or give me some snark on the thread. :)

Hey dude, no worries, and sorry you caught flak. I'll PM you in a hot second. Also, I don't think you're the worst poster :).

Seriously dude, stop whining. This is a forum of rabid game buyers, not amazon customer service. If you act like an ass ppl will call you out for it.

I've actually started to wonder is Tony is really a group of amazonianites, because based upon how often he actually answers questions, complaints, etc, he can't possibly sleep, and certainly isn't having sex as no woman would put up with his dedication.

And yes Tony, I would really like to know :)

Lol I'm not a group of Amazonians, I'm 1 dude :). I don't sleep a whole lot and (I think I mentioned this previously in thread) I broke up with my girlfriend a few months ago...she referred to this forum as "the black website I hate". I being her not me.

Read it again. I said it right.

BTW,
Amazon Best Sellers in Video Games

#1 Posted Image
1.2 days in the top 100
Starter Vehicle Pack - Soar: Second Life [Game Connect]

#2Posted Image

2.34 days in the top 100
The Walking Dead [Online Game Code]
by Telltale Games

What am I missing here???

The Secret World Pack comes with 1K free Linden Dollars, which apparently can be cashed out for $4 in real life. Plus lots of people play Second Life.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17105 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

@ Tony What about the "build a bundle" option to alleviate so many repeat copies of games people already have (and sometimes don't buy a bundle because of it). You could either:

1. Create a "base" of games (like 3 games that are set in stone and cannot be traded out) but allow people to chose 2 more from a list (pool) of 6 or so. The 6 available to chose from being different than the 3 "base" games.

OR:

2. Allow people to build the whole bundle (all 6 games) from the pool of availables. Imagine a publisher sale where they have 15 games on sale for the bundle. the bundle price stays at $15, but people are allowed to pick any 6 from the available publishers catalog (pool of games).

Example: The next time you do the paradox bundles, instead of 3 bundles (and let's face it, that did cause much confusion and people whining about what was in which bundle, and this is coming from a guy that bought like 8 of them) put ALL of those games in 1 pool, and let people make their own bundle. You can offset the people who have bought the majority of those games when they were on sale, by offering a DLC bundle just like the base games, but obviously at a different price point.

This would give more control to the customer, thereby drastically increasing their sense of value from the deal, while at the same time letting them pick which games (the extras they already have a copy of) that they can give/sell to friends. Also, if publishers like THQ are willing to do a Humble, then I'm quite sure they'd be up for something like this. Might be the chance to set precedent for other publishers to follow. You could also remind them that this setup protects them from "diluting their brand" by allowing control to them of final sale price. THQ's strategy with Humble was foolish, people paid far too little for great games, and it did little to help them financially.

Thoughts?

Oh I would be all over custom packs, the amount of repeats really turns me off, it's cool when you get an extra or two to gift to friends, but when you start having to cope with the 5th copy of that game everyone has, it gets annoying.

Why? Because they didn't honor obvious pricing errors? Personally, I love it when hoarders are denied. Which is primarily who got in on that deal. People on Slickdeals bragging they bought 50 Bethesda packs. I am sure it happened here too. I just didn't waste the time reading the GamersGate thread here.

Mind you, not everyone hoarded 50 packs, but that's besides the point, if you checked the steam trading forums, they were instantly filled with people trading sleeping dogs for whatever, and guess what?? Steam honored their sales, glitched or not, so did Amazon with Hotline Miami.

That is called a seller handling itself with honor and it's customers with respect, Steam does it, Amazon does it 10 times better, end of story.

Don't clutter the thread with annoying pictures or youtube videos. Keep the discussion on topic.

Didn't see anything particularly annoying but thank You for being here, the thread is needing you.

Edited by DonRamon, 06 January 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#17106 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, there started to be comments that weren't yelling at Tony to pricematch glitches or sell Skyrim for $1.

Wait - GG had another glitch? ;)

#17107 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Wait - GG had another glitch? ;)

Yeah they decided to out glitch steam's glitch and sell Sleeping Dogs at 91.3% off. :lol:

#17108 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Remember when we ran the "Buy an Ubisoft Game for $5 and get a $5 coupon for another Ubisoft game?" That was an attempt at the bundling idea but it wasn't an awesome experience for the customer. I'm working on something better though.

personally i liked that publisher promo
i think better than editor's choice

#17109 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Yeah they decided to out glitch steam's glitch and sell Sleeping Dogs at 91.3% off. :lol:

seriously?

#17110 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

personally i liked that publisher promo
i think better than editor's choice

I think it is too soon to say which is better. We are only five days into the EC choices and more options are probably going to come.

#17111 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Okay, seriously...

What is it w/ PC controls not being allowed to be reconfigured to certain keys and/or cannot be configured at all?

I'm left-handed - and prefer the cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right)

Sleeping Dogs PC -> Cannot remap movement keys to cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right).
Dead Space 1 PC -> See above.
The Walking Dead -> TWD forces WSAD for movement. Hell, it forces EVERYTHING - as you cannot reconfigure KB/mouse controls.

{SMH and puts in X360 Controller}

#17112 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

How about a new thread for the new year?

#17113 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

How about a new thread for the new year?

Yeah I'm gonna do this next week.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17114 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hmm...428.15 in video games credit. I think I'm gonna try Airmech now :P Apparently I can use my millions of bonuses with steam, so that's nice...

EDIT: It's only one per account :/ Darn...

Edited by RiseFromYourGrave, 06 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Quaint Specs:

#17115 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think it is too soon to say which is better. We are only five days into the EC choices and more options are probably going to come.

i just mean set-up wise
not necessarily specific sale-wise

specific sale-wise i already like editor's choice better just because of the walking dead
but also, even though i owned them before the sales, the 2k packs were the best deals in both so far

on a side note, considering how fast pc games go down in price,
tony,
you should start working on digital download pre-order offers
that would be sweet
cough tomb raider cough cough

#17116 xxxholic

xxxholic

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

seriously?

Yup ;).

#17117 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

Perhaps Amazon can add something like the following to that Editor's Choice page:

"Remember to check this page often as we will [or may, up to you (you=Amazon)] be adding titles to the Editor's Choice List throughout the month of January!"

Or "This list is subject to change, as we are in constant negotiations with publishers regarding future promotions."

Cheers,
Tony

What? Forcing us to wait until next week to get get rid of the phantom page? Now there's a legitimate reason to complain. ;)

Okay, seriously...

What is it w/ PC controls not being allowed to be reconfigured to certain keys and/or cannot be configured at all?

I'm left-handed - and prefer the cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right)

Sleeping Dogs PC -> Cannot remap movement keys to cursors (Up, Down, Left, Right).
Dead Space 1 PC -> See above.
The Walking Dead -> TWD forces WSAD for movement. Hell, it forces EVERYTHING - as you cannot reconfigure KB/mouse controls.

{SMH and puts in X360 Controller}

Can't say that I've really been bothered by non-remappable keyboard/mouse controls, but all these new games with controller support that's non-remappable and Xbox-controller-only? :bomb:

#17118 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Can't say that I've really been bothered by non-remappable keyboard/mouse controls, but all these new games with controller support that's non-remappable and Xbox-controller-only? :bomb:

It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.
Posted Image

#17119 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.

#17120 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.

They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness. But at least it's easily remedied.

X360CE!

#17121 MrWizzy2002

MrWizzy2002

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Nice list!
So I take it this list isn't being updated with any new deals? there's not going to be Far Cry 3 on sale at all for steam DRM?

#17122 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Then we can take bets to see how many posts until the first rage!

#17123 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Nice list!
So I take it this list isn't being updated with any new deals? there's not going to be Far Cry 3 on sale at all for steam DRM?

Steam DRM seems unlikely, but new deals may come.
Quaint Specs:

#17124 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Skimmed the last four pages @_@

Anyway:

I think I'm going to hold off on Dark Souls, I would have gotten it at $10.

I'm sort of torn on walking dead, I watched up until a little bit after you meet clementine and it just didn't really seem interesting. Does the story pick up where it's more interesting later on?

Buy it! As another poster mentioned, the point where you left off is 3% (heck, less) of the game. It gets even better the further you go. The part you stopped watching? That's like stopping for gas ahead of a long, amazing trip :)

#17125 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

You could put all the disclaiming information you want in massive red 20 point font and people still wouldn't read it. ;p

#17126 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

Tony

Please tell me that it will be a Call of Duty Black Ops deal, that it will be added to de EC list, please please! :'(

#17127 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness. But at least it's easily remedied.

X360CE!

Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.
Posted Image

#17128 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

so...
apparently hitman: absolution is 23gb
i'm pretty sad
need to figure out how to download it
what to uninstall...
how is skyrim and the dlc only 10gb?

I just finished downloading Hitman:Absolution today on STEAM; it's only a 11.7 GB download, but a 23 GB install.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#17129 chaosking121

chaosking121

Hoarder Of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Got Hotline Miami for $2.50 with coupon back on the first day of the EC sale. Didn't think much of it, but bought it because it looked like fun.

I sank about 5 hours into it so far, which is a huge amount considering I'm busy AF these days and have almost no time to game. Anyone on the fence about it should pick it up, once you're not offended by violence or anything, but I doubt anyone here is.

Am I bummed about missing out on it for free? Hell no. While free would have certainly be nice, the value I got for that $2.50 was insane and I really want to thank Tony for this and all the other awesome deals.

Also, for anyone at all on the fence about The Walking Dead. Buy it NOW. It is a truly great game and I loved every bit of it. It never got old or boring or tired and it kept me hooked until the very last second. Tons have been written about how awesome it is so I will say no more than get it, right this moment.

#17130 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Arkhamn city goty price match?