Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17131 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Trying to decide whether to grab Dark Souls before it goes off sale. Not sure if it's my kinda game. What I've seen of it makes me think it's not, but so many people rave about it.... I've got 3 EC tix left, just don't want to waste them.

Don't have a favorite video review of Dark Souls, so here's the WTF is... on it. It's basically if you amped up Legend of Zelda's: Ocarina of time's lock on style combat several levels of intensity.

So, this ain't Battle Toads where you will never ever develop the mad skillz needed to finish the dang thing?

Nope, it's not rapid twitch movement memorization like that BLASTED HOVERBIKE LEVEL :bomb:

I hope the game mechanic isn't like Prey... where you sort of never ever die?

When you rest at a bonfire, a checkpoint, you regain either 5, 10, or 15 estus flasks (depending how much you have kindled the fire with a rare item called humanity). That is the max possible healing potions available between checkpoints, so you can't chug them like crazy if you expect to make it all the way. There also is no MP bar, each spell you equip (healing or offensive magic) has a certain number of uses each and those uses are only refilled when you reach another bonfire and rest or die and return to the last bonfire you rested at.

Edited by guardian_owl, 06 January 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Guardian_owl.png

#17132 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

i dunno why buy i just cant cash out on hitman....why cant it be 5 dollars cheaper haha

#17133 Cheapnut

Cheapnut

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

How about ME trilogy @ 19.99 b4 coupon?

or BF3 limited edition @ 9.99 b4 coupon?

#17134 RazOrStOrm

RazOrStOrm

ReachTheSky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony

Loved what you did with paradox bundles and 2k. I didn't grab paradox ones but did grab 2k's. Will paradox bundles be back in January by any chance for the EC list?

#17135 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Pshhh, $7.50? $5 or bust!

What's this talk of a Secret World thing though? Promo?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#17136 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

I didn't buy the Paradox bundle cause I couldn't find one that included everything I wanted and nothing I didn't.

A build a bundle would be awesome.

#17137 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Depends on the game. :P

You'd know. :P

#17138 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.

That's what Motioninjoy's keystroke emulation or xpadder is for.

#17139 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

I think he meant Second Life and just had a mind-slip. Judging from context (explaining why a SL item was the top seller).

#17140 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

Depends on the game. :P

Sure does, but in light of the save bug in TWD, $7.50 isn't gonna cut it for me.

You'd know. :P

Actually, no, lol. I've had no power for 22 hours. Bring me up to speed?

I think he meant Second Life and just had a mind-slip. Judging from context (explaining why a SL item was the top seller).

Ah shoot, c'mon Tony! Don't get my hopes up like that!

Second Life =/= Secret World.

Ew...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#17141 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

i dunno why buy i just cant cash out on hitman....why cant it be 5 dollars cheaper haha

It probably will be by the summer sale.

Guardian_owl.png

#17142 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Hey Tony!
Any chance of having Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for 24.99 after coupon this month?

#17143 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Not sure if this is what was being discussed, but there's also this...

Hey Tony any chance to see TSW back at 17.99 on EC?

Yeah it was supposed to be today but we moved it to tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

Sure does, but in light of the save bug in TWD, $7.50 isn't gonna cut it for me.

Ew...

Workin on it

#17144 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

I still have one 24 hour guest pass available for The Secret World if anyone wants to try it out before the sale. PM me your email if interested.

#17145 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

What bug? I experienced no bugs at all.

#17146 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

What bug? I experienced no bugs at all.

VERY common bug for people to completely lose their save games for no reason and have to start over. I know multiple people who have had it happen to them, some of them having it happen more than once.

Some people never run into the bug though, so in that case, great. Still, that's what's making me picky about the price. I know everyone will say that the game is more than worth it for this price and that I'm being way too picky, but I just won't buy a game that is possibly going to eat my saves for over $5, no matter how good it is.

bZ2g3eF.png

#17147 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Isn't the December bonuses supposed to stop tomorrow (it was assumed that they extended it because of the advert on the site concerning another promo saying til Jan 7th). So even if it was put back on sale, you'd have to add the cost of Issue #5 ($5) back into it (which means the credit is a wash) and the other initiate pack items you wouldn't get either.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#17148 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

VERY common bug for people to completely lose their save games for no reason and have to start over. I know multiple people who have had it happen to them, some of them having it happen more than once.

Some people never run into the bug though, so in that case, great. Still, that's what's making me picky about the price. I know everyone will say that the game is more than worth it for this price and that I'm being way too picky, but I just won't buy a game that is possibly going to eat my saves for over $5, no matter how good it is.

Yeah that would get hella annoying. I beat hotline miami and had no issues what so ever. Now all the sudden when I am going back to replay levels I get an error forcing the game to close :-/. I tried turning off steamworks too and still does it.

#17149 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Since it's 2013, can we talk about the 1C bundle yet?

;)

#17150 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

do we know anything about new deals starting tonight?

#17151 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I also finished the whole game without any save bug. Scaredy-cat!

#17152 Zaraki_Kenpachi

Zaraki_Kenpachi

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Ew...

The save bug still isn't fixed? Maybe I'll hold off after all. :/

#17153 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

do we know anything about new deals starting tonight?

i would like to know too plz

#17154 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

It's become the defacto easy-to-program-for PC pad. Not really a bad thing at all.

When combined with non-rebindale controls, it's a pain in the arse.
It's one thing to have to use x360ce, but when the game is showing A and the button I need to press is where the Y would be, it's quite disorientating.

They're all easy to program, not supporting non Xbox controllers is pure laziness.

Indeed, and not having rebindable controls is even worse.

Personally, I'm glad there is a standard, because before you were fortunate to get any controller support at all.

I thought that DirectInput was a standard. Sure different controllers had different button placements, but that isn't a problem if you can rebind the game controls.

#17155 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

"I'll try Dark Souls for a little-- how did 3 hours go by? DAMN IT." Me just now.

#17156 Lindor

Lindor

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

I also finished the whole game without any save bug. Scaredy-cat!

Same here and I'll admit to having some welled up manly tears by the end of it all. One of my top games of the year easily.

I'm not sure how common this bug is. All of my friends who have bought it in the past have finished it without issue. These save-eating related incidents could be related to the Steam Cloud. Heard of similar issues with BL2. Turn it off before starting the game, just to be sure.

#17157 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

I thought that DirectInput was a standard. Sure different controllers had different button placements, but that isn't a problem if you can rebind the game controls.

Kind of, but you'd be surprised how many Xbox 360/PS3-inspired PC gamepads don't support DirectInpux. And a lot of games only support by hardware ID. A lot of Ubi games are notorious for only supporting the wired 360 controller, and not the wireless. Really lazy.

#17158 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:26 AM

picked up the walking dead for $7.50, and am downloading it now. thanks for the deal!

I was hoping amazon would match saints row the 3rd again(it is on sale at steam for $7.50) so I could get it for $2.50 after coupon, but that doesnt look like it will happen.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#17159 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

grrr cant wait for the alice pack

#17160 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

When combined with non-rebindale controls, it's a pain in the arse.
It's one thing to have to use x360ce, but when the game is showing A and the button I need to press is where the Y would be, it's quite disorientating.

Indeed, and not having rebindable controls is even worse.

I get your point if you don't have an official pad but I'm glad there is a standard. Without it you would get things like press button 12 to run. Where the hell is button 12. Pc gamepads used to suck because of that problem. Some ubi games still do.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png