Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17191 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

When is the Alice pack suppose to be on sale?

#17192 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I still need to finish Mass Effect 2, but I'm tempted to bite on Mass Effect 3 DD for $15 (with the coupon). I'd like to play the multiplayer before it's dead, and the DD version comes with "From Ashes", which is normally $10.

And I tried to buy the ME3 DLC for a friend, and that's almost impossible (especially when they're in another country). You have to find a place to buy Bioware points (which is clumsy enough) that don't auto credit to your account, in that case, so one can gift the points. I TRIED to buy by friend in the UK the Leviathan DLC, and I had to give up, as I wasn't about to do tests that might give me points I couldn't use (I own every Bioware game on console).

Either way, the ME3 DD is a great deal, as the "From Ashes" DLC is an integral part of the game that NEEDS to accompany any gamer's ME3 journey. Bioware/EA should be ashamed they made it paid DLC, so not everyone experiences it (like my friends that don't have their ps3's online, so buying they CE did them no good, as they couldn't download it).

#17193 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am in the same boat, only want the original Alice. If only Amazon can make a promo for those who already bought Madness Returns from them :)

Same here, but I don't think they'd be able to do that. The best would be selling it solo at a tad bit more than the bundle, I imagine. Here's to hoping, though :).

#17194 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

So, The Secret World is on sale again, and I just bought it. I can confirm that you still get the initiate pack. I'm downloading the game now, it's gonna take a while (probably 10-12 hours), but as soon as I can I'll update on Episode 5.

Workin on it

#17195 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Sucks how the original Alice is never sold by itself. Because of how often Madness Returns has been on sale everywhere else (Steam, GG, Amazon), most who are interested in the series (like myself) already have Madness Returns.

I'm in the same boat as Suntoast, and I'm guessing we're not the only ones.

Same here.
I already own Alice: Madness Returns; all I need is the original American McGee's Alice.
I wish the original Alice was sold ALONE.

#17196 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

^_^ nod, I know what you mean. Only my gaming setup has mouse-on-right, but I don't have a dominate hand.

You could have a loadable AutoHotKey scripts for key swapping for differnt games. SD plays really well with the controller. Once you adapt to MaxPayne-bullet-timing most of your shots you won't even reach for the mouse.

Yeah, I wound-up playing Sleeping Dogs w/ a controller - sure, it played fine w/ that and all. Great game, BTW.

But for shootouts, I'd rather play like I do w/ Mafia series; GTA series; and most of those crime games - I keep my controller nearby on the table, just in case. I swap to my KB/mouse when player is getting out of the car animation is happening for when I'm on foot for shootouts; swap to controller for driving when my character is hopping in the car. For Sleeping Dogs - for fist-to-fist fights - it would have to controller all the way for that part, since it plays a lot like Batman: AA + AC.

#17197 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

This! I really don't get what all the omg-hard talk is about, but then again I've been gaming since games were hard and quarters were few. The DS:PTD death penalty less than in Diablo II.

The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss. Usually there's somewhat of a shortcut but it can still be a pain.

Also, if you play the game "blind" (no wiki or guide) it can become very frustrating since you can easily waste souls on useless stats and some key items are very difficult to find on your own. For example, there is no way to know which weapon to level up to use a Boss soul without checking a guide or wasting materials. I do love the game and I'm not saying they should hand us everything on a platter in DS2 but a little more clarification/direction regarding certain game mechanics would be appreciated.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17198 bnh

bnh

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Includes Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3. Over 75 hours of story content, plus Mass Effect 3’s critically acclaimed multiplayer mode.

From Mass Effect Trilogy product description.

Is it true? Im considering on buying it. Does it worth for my $25?

#17199 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

There's no way to get ME 3 on Steam, right?

#17200 Rammlie

Rammlie

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Nop.

#17201 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Depends on how you play, if you just do the storyline and no side missions or anything, I don't think it would be quite 75 hours.

Blame EA for making their new games Origin exclusive. Just add a non-steam game shortcut to your Steam and it will give you the Steam overlay

#17202 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Each game for me was around 30 hour or so or more for me.
{shrug}

#17203 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

mass effect trilogy is one of the best gaming experiences ive had over the past 20 years, if you like sci fi, and role play shooters.

it may end up being cheaper, ive seen both one and 2 go on sale for $5 on steam, and part 3 has been under $10 numerous times. still not a bad buy for that 3 pack@ 25
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#17204 hailey

hailey

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've never played 3 but even ME fans say to avoid it. I thought ME 1 was one of the promising new RPGs when it came out on 360, and I thought ME2 was pretty mediocre since it took out tons of rpg elements and was basically a cover shooter, and even the story was scaled back from an interesting space opera to whatever you would call the ME2 story

I regret missing out on the ME1 deal on steam would love to replay it on pc

#17205 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

The worst part about dying in Dark Souls to me is trudging back through enemies you've already beaten to try to get back to a boss. Usually there's somewhat of a shortcut but it can still be a pain.

That's the point - you're NOT supposed to make "mistakes." The penalty for dying is enemies respawn in the entire area.

On the flip side - if you die and lose your Old Souls; get kicked back to last Bonfire (checkpoint); hack off more enemies and get their New Souls; make your way back to where you last died and get your Old Souls back; you'll have your Old Souls + New Souls. It'll be MUCH easier to level-up for battles - and you can actually die purposely if you're secrewed (i.e. No Flasks; don't have the item to send you back to last Bonfire) as a strategy just to actually grind more.

Also, if you play the game "blind" (no wiki or guide) it can become very frustrating since you can easily waste souls on useless stats and some key items are very difficult to find on your own. For example, there is no way to know which weapon to level up to use a Boss soul without checking a guide or wasting materials. I do love the game and I'm not saying they should hand us everything on a platter in DS2 but a little more clarification/direction regarding certain game mechanics would be appreciated.

There's patterns to beating most bosses. They might take numerous deaths to figure out, but it is doable.

Such as, with the Capra Demon...
Spoiler

Edited by MysterD, 06 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#17206 Leumas Krap

Leumas Krap

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I have a question if I get FIFA13 would I be able to play with Xbox 360 players since its both run by windows live? Could you guys pm me the answer because I will be at work until 3pm and I know that I won't find my post later.

Thanks

#17207 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I have a question if I get FIFA13 would I be able to play with Xbox 360 players since its both run by windows live? Could you guys pm me the answer because I will be at work until 3pm and I know that I won't find my post later.

Thanks

FIFA 13 PC doesn't use G4WL.
FIFA 13 PC uses ORIGIN (EA's service).

#17208 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

After adding everything up (excluding extra DLC), one playthrough of all three games took me 98 hours..

Definitely worth it.

76561198039756693.png

#17209 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

I thought ME 1 was one of the promising new RPGs when it came out on 360...

New? It was a KotOR re-skin.

#17210 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

KOTOR doesn't play much like the ME series, combat-wise.

ME series plays more like a game w/ a mini-squad in a tactical shooter in real-time.

KOTOR queues up attack and auto-attacks (when you do normally shoot or melee attack); and you sit there and watch the game take turns in psuedo-real-time.
KOTOR doesn't auto-attack, when using Force or tossing grenades.

#17211 thesn00ze

thesn00ze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I've never played 3 but even ME fans say to avoid it. I thought ME 1 was one of the promising new RPGs when it came out on 360, and I thought ME2 was pretty mediocre since it took out tons of rpg elements and was basically a cover shooter, and even the story was scaled back from an interesting space opera to whatever you would call the ME2 story

Then they are not true fans of ME. Sure, last 10 minutes or so sucks but the rest of the game is good and worth playing if you have played ME1+ME2.

#17212 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Tony are you Planing of bringing back Dark souls deal again this month??. I really wanted to buy it today,but I missed it.

#17213 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Eh, not really. They were both sci-fi and featured a "morality system" but the similarities pretty much end there. The universes are quite distinct and the Mass Effect trilogy improved quite a bit with each release. There are lots of people who had a very public issue with the very end of the series but to say that the games aren't worth playing is pure folly.

The Mass Effect series was one of the best times I've ever had in front of a monitor/TV with a controller/keyboard/mouse in hand ever. In the 100+ hours I spent in that universe there were rarely slow (such as the scanning sections in ME2) moments and the memorable points were many. It is also a rare game that makes decisions matter and actually tug *hard* on emotions.

#17214 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Then they are not true fans of ME. Sure, last 10 minutes or so sucks but the rest of the game is good and worth playing if you have played ME1+ME2.

THIS.

ME3 is fantastic, except for the horrendous last 10 minutes.
If you like ME1 and ME2, don't avoid ME3 b/c of the last 10 minutes.
The rest of the game is absolutely fantastic!

Just, when you do take the plunge and do the last mission, read this...
Spoiler

My complaint w/ ME3's ending is...
Spoiler

#17215 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

No one is saying don't play ME3. The last 5 minutes or so is a little disappointing, although I haven't played through again with the extended ending yet. The rest of the 30 hour game is great. It really ties in well with the events of the first two games and brings good closure to the stories of your allies.

Also ME2's story has far better character development of your allies and supporting characters than ME1. Most of the RPG aspects are still present in ME2 as well. There are different stats you can divide points between, searching for resources, choosing the party you want to fight with.

fs_overall.png

#17216 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Just, when you do take the plunge and do the last mission, read this...

You can read it but there is no reason to follow this advice that I've seen in a ton of places. Play the game all the way through to it's conclusion and make up your own opinions about it. I understand many of the complaints leveled at it. It could have been executed a bit better but there are plenty of folks who enjoyed the ending and took the events that were shown much differently than the annoyed masses.

Play. Enjoy. Think. 8-)

#17217 Wulfgr

Wulfgr

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Mass Effect 3 plot overall was full of inconsistencies and lazy writing coupled with lazy level design. Like the part where Shepard takes on a Reaper by strafing left and right, that was so stupid and devoid of imagination.

The whole game felt rushed from the beginning. It's definitely the weakest in the series. Even if the ending was satisfying I still wouldn't rate it higher than the previous titles.

#17218 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Mass Effect 3 plot overall was full of inconsistencies and lazy writing coupled with lazy level design. Like the part where Shepard takes on a Reaper by strafing left and right, that was so stupid and devoid of imagination.

That part was fun. And if there were a bunch of story inconsistencies and bad writing it sure as hell didn't stand out.

#17219 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

No one is saying don't play ME3. The last 5 minutes or so is a little disappointing, although I haven't played through again with the extended ending yet. The rest of the 30 hour game is great. It really ties in well with the events of the first two games and brings good closure to the stories of your allies.

Yeah, I finished ME3 before Extended Ending. Haven't gone back to it.

Also ME2's story has far better character development of your allies and supporting characters than ME1. Most of the RPG aspects are still present in ME2 as well. There are different stats you can divide points between, searching for resources, choosing the party you want to fight with.

I agree w/ ME2 on the characters - since most of the game is about assembling your team and their own personal side-quests, you really get heavily invested w/ these characters. Especially, once the final mission hits.

I think ME2 has one of the best end-game missions that I've ever seen...
Spoiler

ME2 did take out A LOT of the typical RPG conventions found in ME1 (access Inventory while playing; getting new equipment; heavily modified your equipment). Of course, ME2's combat was ridiculously improved over ME1. Some of this upgrading equipment and equipment changing stuff - you namely do on the Normandy ship, before you begin a mission.

#17220 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

I dont see any TSW rage? didnt you guys noticed it got to editor's choice? glad i waited!