Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17311 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

i wonder how many people that support the indoctrination theory have sat down and thought about how pissed they would have been if it was actually the ending of mass effect 3 before anyone outside of bioware ever thought of it?

i think it would be about like when neo got to the control room in the matrix 2
(i'm sorry but yes there really was a sequel to the matrix...never forget)

I never have watched Matrix 3 thanks to that.

But about IT being the end of ME3:
Spoiler

#17312 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Impulse bought The Secret World, gonna start downloading, if anyone can point out how to check for the Issue 5 DLC I'll look into it. Although it'll probably take a while to download.

#17313 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

MMOs aren't the same as coop games. Even hardcore MMO raiders want some time to just do things by themselves, because that's what they want to do, or because they don't feel like dealing with people atm.

Some people just want to run around and pet the cute little bunnies, so I wouldn't slam them too hard for not wanting to reroll when they die. ^_~

I was more referring to the naked corpse run to retrieve your gear, and the 75% XP penalty if you didn't.

I played and raided WoW for years. I've been in a few MMOs concurrent and since, nothing has the life-sucking grip of wow. But I see that as a good thing. =) Also TSW is now Buy2Play, so no monthly subscription fees (and the mental pressure that brings).

I do agree. WoW had one of the best death deterring penalties out there at the time.

Sounds as if you and I have very similar views on WoW. I LOVED it while I played but it really does have a life-sucking grip as you say. I really do miss playing it but don't let myself be pulled in because of how addictive it is.

The best times I've ever had in gaming where during raids.

The only way I would ever get back to WoW was if somehow my wife started gaming and played it with me or I got divorced and found someone who did lol.

#17314 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Hi Tony,

How about the Sims deals, especially Sims Medieval expansion?

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#17315 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Impulse bought The Secret World, gonna start downloading, if anyone can point out how to check for the Issue 5 DLC I'll look into it. Although it'll probably take a while to download.

It's in the item shop under "Boosts". It should cost zero coins.

#17316 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

So I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon and I can CONFIRM that you indeed do get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 for free with your purchase as of right now. If you are like me who was on a 24 hour guest pass you can use the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 on the character you already have created. You claim your items via the in game store under "claim items".

Here is a pic below for proof. But I do not know if you still get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 if you hold on to your key and activate the game on a later date.

http://i.imgur.com/Ifl3l.jpg
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#17317 Lord Xoan

Lord Xoan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi Tony

Does Call of Duty Black Ops will be added to the EC list?

Thank you

#17318 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Here is a pic below for proof. But I do not know if you still get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 if you hold on to your key and activate the game on a later date.

Activation is the only way for them to know when you bought the game, so I'm going to guess you won't get the content if you buy your key and sit on it for a while.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#17319 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Hi Tony,

How about the Sims deals, especially Sims Medieval expansion?

Sims Medieval is a standalone game if I'm correct.

Might get the Premium pass for BF3...urgh.

also here is my haul.
Spoiler

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#17320 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sims Medieval is a standalone game if I'm correct.

I think he meant the Pirates and Nobles expansion TO Sims Medieval.

#17321 Sophita

Sophita

CCO Coconut Company

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Finally bit on The Secret World, played the beta and loved it minus the typical sub fee. So 13$ seems perfect for a mmo. I just wonder how they are planning to pay for the game now that it is buy to play.
Posted Image

#17322 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...

There is no such thing as enough disk space :cry:

Posted Image

fs_pc.png

#17323 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Finally bit on The Secret World, played the beta and loved it minus the typical sub fee. So 13$ seems perfect for a mmo. I just wonder how they are planning to pay for the game now that it is buy to play.

It looks to me like monthly $5 expansions (that are supposed to fo free after some amount of time), on top of the usual clothes, XP boots, etc.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17324 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

OMFG THAT IS Fuck amount of hard drives on 1 pc. Do you actually have that many drives in your PC or is it all partitions. If its not partitions do you mind adding a pic of your PC, so I can see how huge it must be with all those HD?
618684.png

#17325 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

So I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon and I can CONFIRM that you indeed do get the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 for free with your purchase as of right now. If you are like me who was on a 24 hour guest pass you can use the Initiate Pack and Issue 5 on the character you already have created. You claim your items via the in game store under "claim items".

Meh, I'm a moron for buying TSW for $24 on New Year's Eve b/c that was "supposedly" the last day to get those freebies.

#17326 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

With all the talk about limited HD space, maybe we should ask Tony about another Black Friday $90 3TB Seagate HD promo?

Be funny to see some hardware in the EC list...

In for 2 :)
Posted Image

#17327 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Posted Image

Is that just a bunch of partitions or do you really have like a dozen 300GB drives? Haha. I have 3 2TB drives myself.

#17328 Zerokoolpsx

Zerokoolpsx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Just noticed the OP got updated. Like the FAQ's section too.

#17329 goombahup

goombahup

Backlog Addict :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'm on the fence with Hotline Miami, would like to buy it, but all those reported problems and complaints on steam discussion forum are putting me off. Anyone here have problems running this game? (On Win 8)

#17330 nastyislegend

nastyislegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just bit on TSW...so, what's all this talk about free content and such?

Shark: He's rectangley. That's how you'll know him. By his rectangularness.

Posted Image

#17331 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

OMFG THAT IS Fuck amount of hard drives on 1 pc. Do you actually have that many drives in your PC or is it all partitions. If its not partitions do you mind adding a pic of your PC, so I can see how huge it must be with all those HD?

8 Internal and 3 External :

Posted Image

Rest of the specs are:

Core i7 920 @4.25 with Noctua NH-D14
Asus Rampage III Extreme
6GB Triple Channel OCZ Blade DDR3 2025 9-9-9-24-1T
HD6990+HD6970@950Mhz/6Ghz GDDR5 Tri-Fire
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB SSD + 12.0TB of HDDs
X-Fi Titanium-Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition

fs_pc.png

#17332 goombahup

goombahup

Backlog Addict :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is amazon going to price match the darksiders franchise pack on steam? Tony?

We'll have the same deal, possibly better (if we include it in the EC list, which we're still discussing), so we're not matching today.
Cheers,
Tony

Thanks a lot for this, it convinced me to hold out and wait for Amazon deal instead of Steam. Missed the first Darksiders Franchise sale on Amazon :/

#17333 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Rest of the specs are:

Asus Rampage III Extreme
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition

That is insane. My hat is off to your uber pc. :)
618684.png

#17334 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Damn, well I'm glad I have a 4TB HD.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#17335 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Wow!! Fantastic job, Tony, on the new structure of the OP! I really like it. It's informative for new CAG's & vets alike. The choices you made on the placement of topics, the font size, the numbered FAQ's, including the console currecy, and just really impresses me. With past iterations I could take them or leave them, but if they functioned well for you, that's what counted the most. It seems like you struck a perfect balance now (I hope).

I just wanted to give props where they are due, and the OP (or the 1st 2 posts) is remarkable, bud. It's clear, concise, and keeps me from having to go back & forth between normal font size & squinting. Keep up the great work! :applause:

#17336 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

I didn't realize Amazon sells Microsoft Points digitally. Now if I buy a GFWL game I can get the DLC without giving MS my credit info(I've had issues with their customer service in the past).

Keep up the good work Tony.

#17337 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for the new look on the OP. Great work Tony :). Now only if you guys sold Bioware points as well ;)

#17338 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hmm, another thought on price match requests (apart from the "less us about a lower price" on Amazon product pages would be to have a link to another thread with a wiki'd OP where people can post their post their price match requests. What do you think?

I know I'm not the only one sick of the endless repeats of pricematch requests -- doubly so for the ones without the decency to link to both other sale and the corresponding Amazon product. (Esp, since a good segment of requests aren't on Amazon DVG, e.g. Bethesda, Torchlight 2.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17339 icefiresr

icefiresr

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Tony - any chance of seeing Dark Souls again in January with the coupon option? I missed the deal and feel bad about it as it was my only gam of interest :-/

#17340 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Rest of the specs are:

Asus Rampage III Extreme
Seasonic X-850
6 DVD Burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition

You got a really good Bloomfield to get that OC on air. Is it a D0 stepping, or do you know? Great rig, too.

Is having the 6990+6970 the same as tri-crossfire 6970's, or is it like Nvidia where you only get the least common denominator (so to speak)?