Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17581 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

The files for the game are included in the Steam files but to use it you need to change a setting. Look it up on google.

#17582 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yes, they are bad deals. Some are more expensive than last years. Others are just recycled from the entire month of December but increased in price by a convenient $5

Or are you getting moist over those 5 year old sports games? Am I browsing the used section of Gamestop or a sale from historically the best place on digital game deals to cap off the entire year?

If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.

Will have to bite on the DS Franchise pack this time.

Also, I'll split for Madden 08 on the classic pack if anyone's interested.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17583 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

The files for the DLC (except Alice 1) are included in the Steam files but to use it you need to change a setting. Look it up on google.

#17584 pablo_vllj

pablo_vllj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Those aren't all the deals that are going to be available these month, are they?

#17585 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Does he even have American McGee's Alice available for download? I would guess not, since I think this pack is the only way to get it in downloadable form. (Legally, that is.)

I think on PC or console you cannot buy it separately anywhere digitally.

#17586 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I definitely like 2013 Tony better than 2012 Tony.

#17587 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm not aware of a site that had a better deal on those EA titles. Steam didn't even do a feature sale on most of those games. Keep in mind I have zero interest in EA games but, again, that doesn't make them bad deals.

Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
DA pack has been cheaper from Amazon in the past w/o coupon.
EA sports pack has been 3.99 prior from Amazon as well w/o coupon.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though.

My point was that I was disappointed with the fact that the coupons were not turning out to be any real plus over other deals. It was my opinion.

You are allowed to express your satisfaction with these deals, and I am allowed to display my disappointment:)

by the way I had stated that Hotline Miami deal is good previously, I also think all the THQ deals are good except maybe SRTT

#17588 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

You are allowed to express your satisfaction with these deals, and I am allowed to display my disappointment:)

I know, I'm just expressing my disappointment with your disappointment.

#17589 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.

#17590 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Oops you CAN get Alice 1 with the Steam key. First you need to register the steam key in Steam. When you are in your library bring Alice: Madness Returns up. Copy the CD key from the link in the description. Paste the key into Origin as a product. When you download the Origin version, it includes Alice 1.

I have not personally tried it but this may mean that you only need the standard steam key.

This works with the complete version or any version?
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#17591 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

My point was that I was disappointed with the fact that the coupons were not turning out to be any real plus over other deals. It was my opinion.

As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" for example:

Edit: added this:

"Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though."

awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

Tony, a couple others have brought this up, but I wasn't sure if there's ever been an answer. A lot of us already have Alice: Madness Returns and would just like to buy the first one without getting another copy of its sequel (which is quite the fun game). Do you know if there are any plans to sell the first Alice game by itself in the future? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen. :)

Does he even have American McGee's Alice available for download? I would guess not, since I think this pack is the only way to get it in downloadable form. (Legally, that is.)

This is a good question. I'll hit up EA about it, but I'm like 99% sure the only way to get the original on PC is through this pack outside of the method aShufflinZombie describes above, which I'm not really clear about.

Those aren't all the deals that are going to be available these month, are they?

Negative, more deals will pop up throughout the month.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17592 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I know, I'm just expressing my disappointment with your disappointment.

This forum's purpose is to express opinions about Amazon's deals.

You're just arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.

#17593 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

This forum's purpose is to express opinions about Amazon's deals.

You're just arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.

See my previous post about thread derailment, also, please stop.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17594 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

As my previously reply pointed out, simply stating "These are bad deals" or "I am disappointed" invites response, usually not positive, from those who have specifically asked for a specific deal.

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX", awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

Cheers,
Tony

I stated my reasons in another post

thanx

#17595 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

No, it's not available as a separate download, but I was wondering if this might change. You can buy it as a physical disc, but the cheapest price for this right now is $31 used on Amazon and $25 used on eBay, making it much more cost-effective to get the collection and rebuy Madness Returns.

#17596 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

thanx

/agreed, sorry I meant to be more explicit and will edit my original post. I meant to include this as an example of useful feedback.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17597 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

thanx

If you're going to use this logic then EA had a lot of these games for free with the Origin Glitch. :roll:

I am probably in for Syndicate. Is the DLC worth getting the complete edition if I have DAO and DA already?

#17598 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

This works with the complete version or any version?

Sorry I read the rest of the thread and it appears that it does not. I'm really sorry. :-(

#17599 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm redownloading it again throught Origin because that version is about 600mb larger than the Steam version so there may still be hope. I'll report back.

#17600 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

......If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" .......

I will buy Far Cry 3 at 25% off at ~$37 [also the same as the STEAM Sale price].
Sorry Tony, I saw an opening and had to take it :D

Keep up the good work :applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#17601 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Sorry I read the rest of the thread and it appears that it does not. I'm really sorry. :-(

It was a bonus if you pre-ordered on Origin. I have (non-steam) Alice:MR on Origin didn't get Mcgee's Alice in my install. This is why it was interesting when Tony mentioned a week or so back about that Alice pack.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#17602 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I will buy Far Cry 3 at 25% off at ~$37 [also the same as the STEAM Sale price].
Sorry Tony, I saw an opening and had to take it :D

Keep up the good work :applause:

Oh I'll walk right back through that open door :).

Why didn't you buy it when it was ~$37 (we price matched that sale, and it was in January so you could have used a coupon to get it for $32).

Edit: How do I make the little clapping man?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17603 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

If you're going to use this logic then EA had a lot of these games for free with the Origin Glitch. :roll:

I am probably in for Syndicate. Is the DLC worth getting the complete edition if I have DAO and DA already?

because a glitch is the same as previous legit sales? You're not making any sense while he is. These prices are the same as before in some cases only we are using up a coupon to get it. Thats legit feedback.
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#17604 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm redownloading it again throught Origin because that version is about 600mb larger than the Steam version so there may still be hope. I'll report back.

I registered a non-Steam GamersGate key of Alice: Madness Returns on Origin a while ago, but it didn't download Alice 1, just Alice 2. It DID download all of the DLC dresses, which are included in all the versions of the game, just hidden (I think you can access them by changing a few lines in one of the config files).

#17605 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

because a glitch is the same as previous legit sales? You're not making any sense while he is. These prices are the same as before in some cases only we are using up a coupon to get it. Thats legit feedback.

For example, Amazon had Syndicate for $5 before, you think that they should sell it for $5 again and allow a coupon to work with it to make it free? Unless they are price matching steam why would they do that?

#17606 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I still haven't spent a coupon yet. I guess I'll bite on Spec-Ops before that expires,

buy it...it's short (6-7 hours), but sweet.

Guardian_owl.png

#17607 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why didn't you buy it when it was ~$37 (we price matched that sale, and it was in January so you could have used a coupon to get it for $32).

Cheers,
Tony

clapping guy is ":-applause:" without dash

Your right! I waited and missed the sale; although I didn't use the coupon as I thought that might be "coupon abuse"; price rolled over on Jan 1st.

Though, I'll probably grab MP3 when it comes back at the end of the sale.
Thanks Tony :bouncy:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#17608 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Cheers,
Tony

:applause:

Put "applause" between 2 ":" or just click on the gif smily

:D

fs_pc.png

#17609 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

/agreed it is legit feedback, my feedback to the feedback is,

"Sorry the deal might not be for you this time because it is a repeat. Here are some examples of people in this very community that don't think it is a disappointing deal":

If you put that Darksiders Franchise deal on the EC list, that would be great! 2 more credits and nothing else on the list I want to buy at the moment.

Will have to bite on the DS Franchise pack this time.

Also, I'll split for Madden 08 on the classic pack if anyone's interested.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#17610 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

clapping guy is ":-applause:" without dash

Your right! I waited and missed the sale; although I didn't use the coupon as I thought that might be "coupon abuse"; price rolled over on Jan 1st.

Though, I'll probably grab MP3 when it comes back at the end of the sale.
Thanks Tony :bouncy:

Word :) ALSO, in response to FC3, it'll be $39.99 pre-coupon on 1/22 only.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"