Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#17731 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Tony,

Any chance we can see a sale on MX vs ATV Reflex ? It is a THQ game and I think the only title they have that I don't own and do want. Maybe they'd be willing to to do a deep sale on it since they never have before anywhere?

BTW, how did Toilet Tycoon do on sales? :D

#17732 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Tony and I would like to implement a new rule that we think will cut down on a lot of the thread de-railing.

Complaints regarding the quality of deals:

If you are unhappy with the quality of a given deal, do not post feedback that is not actionable. This negativity invites response by those who may have previously requested the deal you are commenting on. If you would like to leave feedback on the quality of a deal please structure it as 'I am not interested in this deal but I would be at $xx.xx'.

Please do not expect a response, from Tony or others in the thread to such complaints, these discussions tend to immediately derail the thread for pages.

Lastly, if you see a complaint and you'd like to respond to it, please do not, these conversations have proven unproductive and thread derailing.

As always, report all posts that break the rules, or feel free to PM me.

#17733 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Tony and I would like to implement a new rule that we think will cut down on a lot of the thread de-railing.

If you are unhappy with the quality of a given deal, do not post feedback that is not actionable. This negativity invites response by those who may have previously requested the deal you are commenting on. If you would like to leave feedback on the quality of a deal please structure it as 'I am not interested in this deal but I would be at $xx.xx'.

Please do not expect a response, from Tony or others in the thread to such complaints, these discussions tend to immediately derail the thread for pages.

Lastly, if you see a complaint and you'd like to respond to it, please do not, these conversations have proven unproductive and thread derailing.

As always, report all posts that break the rules, or feel free to PM me.

Thanks Trakan,

Adding this to post 2 now.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17734 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Yes, a lot of the complaining and whining isn't helping Tony (or Amazon), but at the same time, replying with "Tony is da best" or "Whiners just want free games" isn't helping either.

A lot of the deals that Amazon have provided since Black Friday have been great (2K Packs and Darksiders for example) and I think overall Amazon kicked Steam's ass this holiday season.

However, if Amazon is have people consider their January Editor's Choice sale as a super-sale event -- one of the best of the year, then it must step-up.
Tony has been presenting a lot of the games as being a great deal AFTER COUPON. But Amazon must keep in mind that not everyone have those $5 coupons. If we are to compare the BEFORE COUPON price with previous deals that Amazon, Steam, and others have had, then this Editor's Choice Event has been lackluster.
That's not to knock on Tony -- he's been a great representative for both Amazon and gamers -- nor is it a complaint, but it's an honest criticism of this sale thus far.

Again, I want to re-iterate: Amazon has kicked Steam's ass in deals this season, but the Editor's Choice Sale hasn't been as good as previous Sales that Amazon and their competitors have had, in my opinion.

Just want to echo ALL of this. It is really hard to complain about these prices, but it is also hard to commit on a few when they aren't reaching new lows. Still, it isn't really a surprise to not see anything being a "freebie" as that writing was on the wall as soon as Hotline was bumped up to 7.49 before the month started. I can't say I blame Amazon for it, and while notice of no freebies would have been nice - had Tony outright said there wouldn't be freebies, people would be even more off their hinges regarding the two price glitches that led to freebies. I don't think there was anything that could have been done to make us all ecstatic on that front.

We are definitely spoiled by the market being driven down so fast. And really, the prices are still really solid (not like Steam selling Terraria and several others for HIGHER prices a full year later during this recent Winter Sale). It may just be time for a pause and a chance to catch up on games that I have recently purchased.

Of course, I only have one coupon left so I may bite on Syndicate at the same price, or the EA sports pair. So long as it lets me keep to my New Year's Resolution (no game purchases over 9.99) it may be considered.

#17735 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Did people complaining about the sale and say its the same+$5 even watch the winter sale?
in the EC sale so far:

Dark Souls was cheaper
TSW was cheaper
BF3 Premium Service was cheaper
Hotline Miami was cheaper
ME3 was cheaper
XCOM was cheaper
Darkness 2 was cheaper
Darksiders 2 pack will be cheaper
Walking Dead is cheaper
Many packs are/were cheaper

etc etc. People must be crazy. I bought enough games for about 10 coupons and have used about 4 of them on things that weren't on sale or things that are now priced cheaper

BEFORE EC, I already owned -> Dark Souls; Hotline Miami; ME3; Darkness 2; Darksiders Pack.

Bought from EC sale -> The Walking Dead.
Got 8 coupons left to burn.

TSW was CHEAPER on GMG a bit ago at $5.xx (before it hit no subs).
XCOM: EU was real cheap at GMG a few weeks back at $17.50.
Borderlands 2 was ultra-cheap at $21; its Season Pass was $10.50; Mechromancer was $3.50 on GMG few weeks back.
I should note - I really DO NOT expect Amazon DVG on NEW games to top International site GMG. They're tough to beat on the newest of stuff. Plus, International markets can be different, on certain things.

#17736 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Blah-di-blah, excluding flash and community votes. They invariably price match dailies, midweek, and weekend deals from Steam and other U.S. outlets.

I can absolutely assure you they did not PM ME3 DE. Otherwise I certainly would have bought it from Amazon, as I would have gotten yet another EC coupon out of it back during BF holiday sales, making it effectively below my insta-buy threshold in my mind.

I'm not saying that Amazon doesn't indeed often PM. But you were and are continuing to use absolutes that are false.

#17737 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's ME3 -- consider it a public service by Tony to spare you from the horror!

#17738 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Oh shut up, don't joke about evil stuff, it would be the end of the franchise.

well hopefully WB or take two will buy metro
anything either of those two companies buy will be better than it would have been with thq

#17739 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

An update to this is that we're waiting on the Strat First pack to do the stress test then figuring out the 1C bundle.

Cheers,
Tony

Good! if there's going to be a price glitch, I'd much rather it happen on the strat first bundle than 1c ;)

Tony,

Back to feedback on the sales, one of the main reasons I bought some of the games from steam vs. Amazon was that they usually also carried the older versions of the games and they did a good job marketing the older titles together with the newer ones.

I'll have to go back and list what I bought from steam because of this (and this was the first time I bought anything from steam in any meaningful amount) but one area where I think Amazon can continue to work on is to make sure it carries the older copies of the popular games AND market them together with the newer title.

Amazon is probably losing some impulse purchases by not carrying/marketing titles together as much as they could. I realize you're adding more classic titles every day but finding them when you're in the middle of a buying frenzy is still a challenge/missed opportunity.

#17740 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Agreed. $3.99 for a version of Madden on PC I can mod isn't too shabby at all.

Abso-freaking-lutely.
I'm MOST DEFINITELY looking forward to this deal w/ Madden 2008 and the NHL 09 game combo pack. :D
Gotta' love the modders.

EDIT:
Anyone know if there's a fair deal of NHL 09 mods floating around?

#17741 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Abso-freaking-lutely.
I'm MOST DEFINITELY looking forward to this deal. :D

agreed...that and NFS The run are on my to buy list

#17742 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yeah, it's also rough on Amazon when GMG kicks their butt on a lot of new games. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for Amazon) Amazon can pretty much just ignore that angle because the vast majority of American PCDD customers don't know about GMG. i.e. GMG isn't hurting Amazon's business in a drastic way, so Amazon can ignore them and not worry about beating/matching their great prices.

Although, from a CAG's perspective, that sucks.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#17743 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

It's ME3 -- consider it a public service by Tony to spare you from the horror!

Meanwhile he is hawking Dragon Age 2. ;)

#17744 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Meanwhile he is hawking Dragon Age 2. ;)

Okay, you got me there. :lol:

#17745 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'd love to see a deal on Borderlands 2 DLC using the coupon, will they be on sale since the game is?

fs_overall.png

#17746 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I'll post my feedback.

In regards to just the coupons in general, I purchased a shitload of games in November / December and have amassed around 30-40 Amazon coupons. Now unless they have a couple freebies thru out the month (I know about the Hotline Miami price glitch also something about Bioshock 1+2 being free) but aside from there being free stuff I don't think I would ever use all these. Which also is why I'm kinda sad they arn't using the codes again this year. At least I could give those things away if I couldn't use them (now I would have to make a post and then buy it for someone then get him to send me money, to much of a hassle.)

In regards to the EC deals so far, I would have to say they range from pretty damn good to prices to poor so far. I liked the Max Payne 3 and TWD prices so far, and Hotline Miami. Alot of the packs though are repeats and are the same price if not more in some cases then they have been in the past post coupon, which is a little confusing.

Anyway to some up how I feel about EC so far:
Few good prices got me to bite, other then that nothing to super stellar for me personally. Lots of repeats and repeat prices even post coupon. Hoping for maybe some more surprises by the end of the month. Also hoping for coupon codes again and or the ability to trade what I have off my account.

To sum up how I feel about Amazon Digital games so far:
Need ability to have multiple digital items in my cart and checkout all at the same time.
The ability to gift/give games that you havn't revealed a serial key for or hit the Download button on to other Amazon accounts

And I guess one last question to Tony, last year when they gave out a few free games during EC (I think there was The Witcher 1 and Duke Nuke Em') were those all the result of price matches and not intended last year and do you intend a giving away a few freebies by the end of this EC?

#17747 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

If you could get a last ditch batch of You Don't Know Jack Steam keys from THQ for say... $5, I'd be all over that. :)

YES!!!!!!!

Hell I would too.

I feel like there needs to be a THQ Going Out of Business Everything Must Go (except not really because it's digital) sale somewhere.

That would be a bittersweet, but amazing deal.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17748 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

I'd love to see a deal on Borderlands 2 DLC using the coupon, will they be on sale with the game?

I'll second this although I'd only be in the market for that Mechromancer DLC.

#17749 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I rather beat my own kid with a SlimJim than let them play Dragon Age 2

#17750 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

well hopefully WB or take two will buy metro
anything either of those two companies buy will be better than it would have been with thq

I'm not that fond of WB, I have never been able to swallow their over the top DRM for Batman, nevertheless, yeah, any other company than EA is better.

And my understanding is that they bled money badly with the latest medal of honor, and perhaps NFS, so they are going to be quick in turning anything they get into a swallow cash cow machine.

#17751 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Yeah, it's also rough on Amazon when GMG kicks their butt on a lot of new games. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for Amazon) Amazon can pretty much just ignore that angle because the vast majority of American PCDD customers don't know about GMG. i.e. GMG isn't hurting Amazon's business in a drastic way, so Amazon can ignore them and not worry about beating/matching their great prices.

GMG's an international seller - and it can be a much different market overseas.
As a CAG, I'd absolutely <3 to see Amazon DVG compete w/ them AND/OR even better yet top them, but I don't really expect that.

#17752 Daryl

Daryl

CAB: Cheap Ass Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Yeah, it also rough on Amazon when GMG kicks their butt on a lot of new games. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for Amazon) Amazon can pretty much just ignore that angle because the vast majority of American PCDD customers don't know about GMG. i.e. GMG isn't hurting Amazon's business in a drastic way, so Amazon can ignore them and not worry about beating/matching their great prices.

Much like Steam ignoring everyone at this point :) Market share probably drives a lot of this. I am sure Tony knows how much better they are doing this year than last year, and yet we are still seeing very radical and diverse price-cuts. Hopefully, as Amazon earns more share, they still keep helping to push the price points down. CAGs unite on that sentiment!

#17753 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

1/18-1/20:
Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon)
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon)
Cheers,
Tony

I'm definitely in for these two. Thanks for bringing Syndicate back!

Tony, I do have a question, though. At times (more so during big sale events) I would like to make a request or two, but typically don't as I feel it sounds too needy/whiny and there are so many others trying to shout louder than the next person to get your attention. Is this something that is OK to do, meaning do you want this type of feedback (requests)? If it is OK with you, is there a preferred format or context you'd like to see it in?

#17754 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Tony, I do have a question, though. At times (more so during big sale events) I would like to make a request or two, but typically don't as I feel it sounds too needy/whiny and there are so many others trying to shout louder than the next person to get your attention. If this something that is OK to do, meaning do you want this type of feedback (requests)? If it is OK with you, is there a preferred format or context you'd like to see it in?

You mean you don't have his personal office, mobile, and home phone number like I do? ;) But it is a good point that posting here and PMs can be a bit inefficient/overwhelming for Tony. Wonder if there's some (automated?) way people could send in what price points they'd be willing to jump on for certain games and then Tony could put that into some spreadsheet/matrix/whatever for useful pricing information.

#17755 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

You mean you don't have his personal office, mobile, and home phone number like I do? ;)

No. :cry: And unfortunately, my Jedi mind powers only go as far West as Ohio. ;)

#17756 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm definitely in for these two. Thanks for bringing Syndicate back!

Tony, I do have a question, though. At times (more so during big sale events) I would like to make a request or two, but typically don't as I feel it sounds too needy/whiny and there are so many others trying to shout louder than the next person to get your attention. If this something that is OK to do, meaning do you want this type of feedback (requests)? If it is OK with you, is there a preferred format or context you'd like to see it in?

Yeah man for sure, and I do keep track of what people are asking for. Just understand that I may or may not see your post and respond, given how fast this thread moves.

I don't want people to stop requesting/commenting on deals, that's one of the points of this thread.

The problems we've been seeing have been with people requesting or complaining about stuff in such a way that invites others to comment back and derail the thread for pages...which is not the purpose of this thread.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#17757 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

But Trakan, I believe I followed that and for reasons I don't understand I got quoted and labeled as one of the complainers by Tony. I don't believe I was complaining at all, as all I was doing was responding to what Tony had asked for and was giving it in an example that I thought Tony was asking for.

If Tony's going to ask for feedback that is actionable, he should accept it, no?

If you want to provide feedback that is actionable like "I would have bought this at $XX.XX" for example:

Edit: added this:

"Syndicate was $4.00 from Gamefly in December.
DA pack has been cheaper from Amazon in the past w/o coupon.
EA sports pack has been 3.99 prior from Amazon as well w/o coupon.
Alice was 4.99 from Steam, not the complete version though."

awesome, I can use that. "These are bad deals"/"I am disappointed" only serves to invite argument and thread derailment.

Tony, if you're looking for legit feedback to take back with you:

FYI - I passed on the ME3 deals. Back on BF Gamefly had the ME3 DE for $12. With the coupon, I was really hoping for $10.

Yeah, that might have made ME3 vanilla $5... but I bought ME1 and ME2 @ $5 each. Maybe just too soon, since it hasn't even been out a year.

Just trying to give the feedback you want, as it's the only thing I've passed on that I was anticipating grabbing.

To note:

I don't even care if people complain. I'd prefer that they do so we can adjust. I'm just unsure how I'm supposed to respond.

In this case the conversation has been:

"These deals are disappointing"

to which I responded:

"Your fellow CAGs have been requesting these deals."

which was responded with:

"Why am I being guilt tripped?"

I need to understand what kind of responses you guys are looking for, if any, to complaints.

Cheers,
Tony

#17758 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Saints Row 2 $2.50 THQ going out of business sale, go!

Also, as a follow up thought: perhaps Amazon could design something similar to the price match request feature on their store pages along the lines of 'Please submit the price point which you'd be willing to buy this game at.' And then that could be tied to a spreadsheet/average computation that throws away the outliers and such.

#17759 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Tempted by Syndicate for that price, but I think my dislike for EA will make me pass on it. Hopefully some more stuff will come up.

#17760 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

1/13-1/19:
Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon)

Well, I have most of the Tantalizing THQ Pack...
...but dammit, Space Marine is in there!
The ONLY game I'm missing in that pack!

Anyone know - has Space Marine itself alone ever been $6.99 or below anywhere else?

I tend to think it's "Probably not."

EDIT:
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a sweet deal on the EC for Space Marine on the by itself alone below the cost of the Tantalizing Pack ($11.99 before coupon / $6.99 after coupon).