Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#18181 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I did this a few days ago from my desktop to NAS and NAS to Laptop and had no problems.

That's why I said it was user error.

#18182 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think its just a Bioware thing, because you can buy Kingdoms of Amalur DLC on amazon. I was in the market for the ME2/ME3 DLC and I could only find it through Bioware if I bought Bioware points and spent them through the Bioware site (though ME3 lets you do it through the Origin interface.)

Amalur they pretty much just financed and published and were mostly hands off with though.

There are other EA games with DLC you can only get through EA. Off the top of my head Sims 3 comes to mind. That one is still on Steam because it was grandfathered in before Valve changed their terms.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is something you start to see more and more of from EA in the future.

steam_sig.png

#18183 deviousnaraku

deviousnaraku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hey tony any chance of bringing the prototype pack/bundle back? :)

Definitely would like to see this return too and added to the EC list if possible.
Sign up for GreenManGaming using my link and get $2 credit when you spend $2 or more!

#18184 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

So remember folks, last day for sale prices for a lot of stuff: Xcom, NBA2k, Borderlands 2, Spec OPs: The Line, The Darkness 2, and all the 2K packs.

Also to the person who was disappointed about missing Dark Souls, they dropped it back down to $20, not as good a deal as it was previously ($18), but better than $40.

Guardian_owl.png

#18185 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

So remember folks, last day for sale prices for a lot of stuff: Xcom, NBA2k, Borderlands 2, Spec OPs: The Line, The Darkness 2, and all the 2K packs.

Also to the person who was disappointed about missing Dark Souls, they dropped it back down to $20, not as good a deal as it was previously ($18), but better than $40.

Hrm, thanks for the heads up. Pondering The Darkness, but I only have 2 coupons left, and I wonder what's coming up later in the sale. (MotN for 7.50 before coupon? Please?)

#18186 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

FYI just heard back from WB. Nogo for their stuff again in January. Just a heads up for those who might have been waiting.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#18187 mm3n

mm3n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Tony,

Will we have Disney packs (the one with Pure + Split/Second + Tron and the family pack which contained Lego PotC, PotC and other games) added to EC?

Also some hopes on the rest of the Lego games?

#18188 DonRamon

DonRamon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

FYI just heard back from WB. Nogo for their stuff again in January. Just a heads up for those who might have been waiting.

Cheers,
Tony

Ah well, it's their loss. Thanks a lot for trying though.

#18189 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

TSW update regarding copying files to another computer:

Just attempted to copy the default C:\Funcom folder to an external and move it to another computer.

Ran into an issue, when copying - Saying it couldn't find the H:\Funcom\The Secret World\RBD folder. Did this for 15 files. Only copied 20 GB.

Transferred to other computer, ran ContentPatcher.exe, verified files, and then started downloading 9 GB worth of files.

I would imagine that others will have a better success rate at this as I think my external drive was running out of space and didn't know where to put the rest of the files. Either way, 9 GB as opposed to 30+ is still considered a win in my book.

Yeah, your drive ran out of space. There are something like 35 .rdb files in that subdirectory, and they're all 1GB in size.

Still, it's good to know that the launcher knows how to verify the local installation and only download the missing files. Some launchers just start all over if things aren't perfectly perfect. (Right, Steam? ;))

#18190 bigdsinferno

bigdsinferno

unicorns are kick ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

The price points for fable 3 and aoe3 have been too high in steam so hopefully Tony can drop them a bit. I realize these are the latest available PC itterations but given how much game you can now get for $5, I think these need to drop to that or below for me to pick them up. Again comparing it to what we're seeing from Tony sales at that price point.

also Tony -

how come no one has the original age of empires games? an age of empires 1,2,3 complete at $5 and maybe even $7.50 will be very hard to pass up. thanks!

Seriously. I pass on Fable 3 at 12.50 every time Steam prices it at that. I don't see why this game never goes below that price. I'm guessing it's Microsoft's decision.
Posted Image

#18191 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Ah well, it's their loss. Thanks a lot for trying though.

This. I had coupons reserved for Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, and would have pulled the trigger at $7.49 net -- basically the same deal as was available during December.

So... hey, I've got two more coupons available, and they're getting rather toasty in my pocket! Tony, let the other publishers know that they can have WB's money, if they put the right deals in place! :whee:

#18192 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, your drive ran out of space. There are something like 35 .rdb files in that subdirectory, and they're all 1GB in size.

Still, it's good to know that the launcher knows how to verify the local installation and only download the missing files. Some launchers just start all over if things aren't perfectly perfect. (Right, Steam? ;))

That's standard for MMOs. Steam sometimes has OMG-huge patches because some games pack most of their content into a few large (GB or more) files and steam is pretty simple/dumb in that if something changed in a file, it redownloads the whole file. This is in stark contract to the efficient rsync updating that Dropbox and others do.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#18193 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Decided to just go for Spec Ops in this group. The Crazy Action pack was a little tempting, until I realize I had Borderlands free with PS+, and that was the most attractive game in the bundle, so I'll wait to see what I can use my last two on. (I'm still hoping for Crusader Kings II for $10 before coupon.)
Posted Image

#18194 puffy

puffy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

some feedback on xcom for people who can't decide if its worth it
buy buy buy ignore your backlog and play asap:twoguns:
I played 61 hours in a week

#18195 meeko2

meeko2

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Am i the only one thinking we need deadspace 1+2 pack to prepare for Dead Space 3 ??

#18196 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Tony,

TERA is going Free to Play In February, but there are some benefits to purchasing a copy now (extra bank slots, etc). I'd like to pick one up from Amazon on the cheap, and I'm sure lots of other people would like to as well. I also need a copy for my girlfriend, so if you brought back that 2 for 2 promo, I'd jump. Otherwise/also something using the EC credit would be amazing.

For the record, I don't think I'd pay more than 7.50 per copy post-coupon.

Thanks! Hopefully TERA is interested in working with you to move some copies before the switch over.

#18197 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yep, we're still locking down the schedule but I'll let you know once it is.

Cheers,
Tony

Great news. Maybe it was just my perception, but it seems like you were able to get better deals for this show than usual. Is this something you can comment on one way or the other?

That's standard for MMOs. Steam sometimes has OMG-huge patches because some games pack most of their content into a few large (GB or more) files and steam is pretty simple/dumb in that if something changed in a file, it redownloads the whole file. This is in stark contract to the efficient rsync updating that Dropbox and others do.

This is changing with the shift over to the new data format that a lot of games are asking you to update to if you haven't launched them in a while.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#18198 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Tony,

TERA is going Free to Play In February, but there are some benefits to purchasing a copy now (extra bank slots, etc). I'd like to pick one up from Amazon on the cheap, and I'm sure lots of other people would like to as well. I also need a copy for my girlfriend, so if you brought back that 2 for 2 promo, I'd jump. Otherwise/also something using the EC credit would be amazing.

Thanks! Hopefully TERA is interested in working with you to move some copies before the switch over.

We sold it for $4.99 for the past month and a half or so, we likely won't revisit a sale on this before it goes free to play.

Great news. Maybe it was just my perception, but it seems like you were able to get better deals for this show than usual. Is this something you can comment on one way or the other?

This is changing with the shift over to the new data format that a lot of games are asking you to update to if you haven't launched them in a while.

Sure, the easy explanation is that it is almost always easier to get deeper discounts for a shorter time period, and 2 hours is pretty short :).

EDIT: Also, I know you guys like cheap stuff...here's free stuff!

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#18199 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Tony,

I'd go for this. With the switch to F2P and the bonuses that being a "founder" gives you, I'd be interested in giving a try if the price was right for the dd.

#18200 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

I wish it wouldn't lock up the whole Steam client while it does this though. :(

Also, Tony, still waiting for word on Warlock and its DLCs. :) And is Battle for Graxia coming back to GameConnect?
New signups, now only spend $2, get $2 free at greenmangaming.com.

#18201 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks anyway!

#18202 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Q: Any chance of seeing Guild Wars 2 on sale again this month? I was thinking of picking it up in the Xmas sale but figured it would be a likely candidate to be on sale + $5 coupon in Jan. Was just wondering if we might see it at $30 again, or even $35 w/ a coupon option. I'd pick it up for sure.

I'd also been wondering this. I already own the game, but I have three friends lined up that would eat it up at $30, or even anything below $40.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: nothing
:pc: Payday 2
:psp: Ys: Memories of Celceta / Rayman Legends

:wiiu: Super Mario 3D World / Xenoblade Chronicles

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

#18203 Correlli

Correlli

The guy with the small brain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

This. I had coupons reserved for Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, and would have pulled the trigger at $7.49 net -- basically the same deal as was available during December.

So... hey, I've got two more coupons available, and they're getting rather toasty in my pocket! Tony, let the other publishers know that they can have WB's money, if they put the right deals in place! :whee:

Lego LoTR is on sale at Impulse for 9.99. Maybe a pricematch at least?

#18204 OldDaedalus

OldDaedalus

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Ok, I've been failing miserably at hunting through this thread, so it's probably better just to ask. CAGers are on which TSW server? I've been staring at Dimension Select too long, now. :P

#18205 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Lego LoTR is on sale at Impulse for 9.99. Maybe a pricematch at least?

You should have asked him to put it on the EC at full price... and then sprung the price match on him!:lol:

#18206 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Ok, I've been failing miserably at hunting through this thread, so it's probably better just to ask. CAGers are on which TSW server? I've been staring at Dimension Select too long, now. :P

Doesn't matter, you can play with anyone from any server in TSW.
Posted Image

#18207 cutter2

cutter2

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

No plans yet, I'll hit up Ubi though.

I'd love to see you bring back some $4.99 deals from Ubisoft like Amazon had on Christmas day. I was unable to use my Ubisoft coupon to get one of those games for free because I didn't have Internet access on Christmas.

#18208 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Tony,

Maybe I missed it but did Sega get back to you? Would really like to pick up the other half of Shogun 2. Fall of the Samurai I think its called. But I'm surprised they wouldn't at least want to get the Sonic games on the EC. I'd pick up Generations for the right price ($10 after coupon).

I think some of the other folks have mentioned a Dead Space bundle, since the third one is coming soon.

As far as the preorder promo is concerned I would go for the Amazon credit, so it could be used on anything. I basically do all my non food shopping on Amazon, so I'd use it for sure.

Thanks

#18209 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Tony,

Maybe I missed it but did Sega get back to you? Would really like to pick up the other half of Shogun 2. Fall of the Samurai I think its called. But I'm surprised they wouldn't at least want to get the Sonic games on the EC. I'd pick up Generations for the right price ($10 after coupon).

I think some of the other folks have mentioned a Dead Space bundle, since the third one is coming soon.

As far as the preorder promo is concerned I would go for the Amazon credit, so it could be used on anything. I basically do all my non food shopping on Amazon, so I'd use it for sure.

Thanks

Yeah, there is Shogun 2 Rise of the Samurai, Shogun 2, and Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai, each about 400 years apart give or take.

And totally off topic, but I grew up in Woodbridge, VA. Not a city I've seen mentioned too much 8-)

#18210 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

EDIT: Also, I know you guys like cheap stuff...here's free stuff!http://www.thefreebundle.com/

I'd buy it if it activated on Steam.

Spoiler

76561197971332172.png