Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#18301 metalkidz

metalkidz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi Tony,

Is there any chance this could be price matched?

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

I would instantly buy it from Amazon!

Fuck yeah, if Tony pm this, it is instant-buy for me :lol:;

#18302 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Tony, please pricematch Ghost Warrior: Future Recon off the Ubisoft store. Then put it on the EC list. And none of that "overseas" stuff either; they have North American locations and I say it counts. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edit: Hrm, I don't even see it on the site but I could have sworn I saw it there a week or so ago. Maybe I was hallucinating.

Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun.

The developers of the game famously disavowed the multi-player as shit they were forced by the publisher to tack on because they thought a shooter had to have a MP component.

#18303 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not sure what you are asking for but these are the only options I know:

Amazon gift cards can be sent by email or they can send you the code by some other means but if you're talking about Amazon credit received from a purchase, that is credited to your account almost immediately.
Now if it's an Amazon gift card offered by another site, it's typically a code as well.

Thank you very much for the help. I can understand it now from your post . I was asking about Amazon Gift card :D Not the credit receiving from a purchase. Sorry about my Bad English.

#18304 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Submitted the lower price through the website. Hopefully it drops! With EC coupon I'd probably soil myself a little bit during the purchase process.

I did the same thing, crossing my fingers!

#18305 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?

Awaiting Moderator Approval

Not really, but 1 is pretty good.

#18306 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Tony, please pricematch Ghost Warrior: Future Recon off the Ubisoft store. Then put it on the EC list. And none of that "overseas" stuff either; they have North American locations and I say it counts. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edit: Hrm, I don't even see it on the site but I could have sworn I saw it there a week or so ago. Maybe I was hallucinating.

Seconded...and here you go.

#18307 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Huh, I wonder how I couldn't find that just now. Thanks though!

Edit: LOL, me mangling the hell out of the name probably had something to do with it. Coffee, anyone? :D

#18308 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hi Tony,

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

Agreed on insta-buy

#18309 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Amazon doesn't match publisher deals. Since that deal is directly from Ubisoft, I doubt they'd match it.

#18310 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi Tony,

Wow somebody actually put a semi-decent price on that pack that wasn't a mistake.

Something kind of tells me with some of the rejiggering or pricing to factor in the EC $5 that's been done on some of these EA games that this won't get PM'ed but we'll see.

That $30 sale earlier in the month was pretty terrible. I'm not sure if it was EA or Amazon being chintzy or both but if it was EA I don't know why they'd refuse to do a lower price for Amazon and then suddenly let Gamestop/Impulse do it a week later.

#18311 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Amazon doesn't match publisher deals. Since that deal is directly from Ubisoft, I doubt they'd match it.

Someone needs to update the OP(x3) then. It just excludes international retailers and boxed products.

I demand my price match on technicality! [-(

#18312 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

It's also labelled as a "flash deal"

#18313 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's also labelled as a "flash deal"

Huh? Where?

#18314 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Huh? Where?

Main page art work.

#18315 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Main page art work.

Link?

(I'm not doubting you; I've just looked at the uPlay site, Ubi site and GW site and don't see it so now I'm curious. My understanding was that the sale was on through the weekend.).

Edit: Never mind, I saw it. "Flash Deal that ends on 1/14/13" :D

#18316 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Link?

(I'm not doubting you; I've just looked at the uPlay site, Ubi site and GW site and don't see it so now I'm curious. My understanding was that the sale was on through the weekend.).

Edit: Never mind, I saw it. "Flash Deal that ends on 1/14/13" :D

Yeah - I'm not sure they know what "flash" means since its on for 4 days. I had used your link

Glad you saw it - I thought I was going crazy

#18317 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

to anyone that bought the 2K Shooter Pack.. was the Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack 3 separate keys or just a single key?

#18318 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

to anyone that bought the 2K Shooter Pack.. was the Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack 3 separate keys or just a single key?

3 separate keys.

#18319 yangwenli

yangwenli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I submitted the price match as well for the C&C. Don't plan to pick it up, but glad to help if it'll make a difference...

#18320 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Borderlands is a bit of a First person shooter MMO, fetch quests, kill X guys, look for loot, though I think the more accurate term would be first person shooter dungeon crawler as "massive" implies more than 4 at a time.

Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun. I wish I could ma the level on my online character, but I doubt I'll ever find that many matches.

Lot of folks bought it over the last couple of weeks, maybe a spec ops night can be arranged. I know there is a coop mode, but have no idea if that levels up your character or just the competitive multiplayer.

Guardian_owl.png

#18321 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's killing me that the Alice Madness Collection is Origin...I'd be sold in a heartbeat if it was Steam.

I like to keep my distance from Origin...as much so I'd buy a physical copy of Dead Space 3 even though I hate having physical media lying around.

#18322 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

It's killing me that the Alice Madness Collection is Origin...I'd be sold in a heartbeat if it was Steam.

I like to keep my distance from Origin...as much so I'd buy a physical copy of Dead Space 3 even though I hate having physical media lying around.

I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.

#18323 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

3 separate keys.

thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as
Spoiler

I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game

#18324 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.

You guys are kidding yourself. It will require Origin.

Just like Mass Effect 3 and Syndicate both of which I bought retail last year. Installs from disk but requires Origin
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#18325 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

That's what scares me...I've tried to get an answer from Amazon CS on whether or not the download option for DS3 is Steam or Origin since DS 1 & 2 are on Steam.

But my guess is since it's not stated, it's most likely Origin.

My hope is that with the physical version, I can opt out of having to redeem it on Origin or just self install it.

I'd hate to get the physical one and have to Origin redeem it, which eliminates any possibility of resale or any real reason to buy physical media anymore...

#18326 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well if you don't absolutely need the first game (and it hasn't aged well). Alice:TMR has been cheap a number of times on Steam and usually goes on sale every big sale they have there.

Plus you can still take the key you get for it on Steam and register it on Origin if you want as a backup. :-P

#18327 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well if you don't absolutely need the first game (and it hasn't aged well). Alice:TMR has been cheap a number of times on Steam and usually goes on sale every big sale they have there.

Plus you can still take the key you get for it on Steam and register it on Origin if you want as a backup. :-P

I figured the original from 2000 would play just like playing N64 games today...not good unless it's Mario Kart.

TMR will probably end up cheap next Steam sale so I might wait.

#18328 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ugh that bums me out to hear that it hasn't aged well and it won't activate on Steam. The story intrigues me so I was kind of looking forward to playing it.

#18329 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as

Spoiler

I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game

Have you tried pressing the View product key button?. I didn't buy a shooter pack myself but I did buy it from a fellow CAG that bought it and he sent me 3 keys. Maybe, they set it to 1 key only later. :-k

#18330 zennoux

zennoux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

What's the problem with Origin?