Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#18361 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

When you guys said that Origin scans your PC for games you already own and adds them to your collection, is that anything EA owns? If I installed all my old disc games like the C&C series, Wing Commander, etc it would add digital version of them to my collection without me having to repurchase them?!

#18362 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

When you guys said that Origin scans your PC for games you already own and adds them to your collection, is that anything EA owns? If I installed all my old disc games like the C&C series, Wing Commander, etc it would add digital version of them to my collection without me having to repurchase them?!

It may or may not find them, it seems to be hit or miss. I had C&C RA3 installed from my steam account along with burnout paradise. When I installed origin it found those. However then I got NFS:HP during the steam sale, and origin could never find it for some reason. So I dont know how it actually searches for games and decides what you own and what you dont

#18363 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

It may or may not find them, it seems to be hit or miss. I had C&C RA3 installed from my steam account along with burnout paradise. When I installed origin it found those. However then I got NFS:HP during the steam sale, and origin could never find it for some reason. So I dont know how it actually searches for games and decides what you own and what you dont

You have to have the game installed for it to detect and add it.

#18364 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Spec Ops VS Borderlands 1 GOTY is a very weird (and misinformed argument). I've beaten both. Spec Ops is a story heavy 8-10 hour TPS shooter. Borderlands 1 GOTY is a single player (or 4-person coop w/friends) cell shaded FPS with awesome procedurally generated guns, and four playable classes. I have 128 steam hours on BL1 (on just my Siren). In a nutshell it is Diablo with guns. I loved both games, but bang for the buck clearly goes to Borderlands 1 GOTY -- I'd been thinking of playing it again with the Hunter.

[snip]

If you are going to slam an old game for dated graphics please check for graphical overhaul mods. I, for one, was already aware of, American McGee's Alice HD (texture overhaul).

Agreed that if one is looking for an inexpensive, lengthy action shooter then Borderlands GOTY is it. Diablo with guns is an accurate description. I spent dozens of hours with it and loved it to pieces. I also agree about Spec Ops: The Line. It's a shorter game but I love how concentrated and compact it is. I love a game that knows just how long it should be.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Alice mod! Never knew about it until now.

#18365 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Don't know if it would work with games that old, but Origin detects games that are installed and automatically adds them. I was rather surprised when I loaded Origin and it had Alice as a part of my games, since I had bought that on Steam.

Course, it reminded me of the days when Stardock owned Impulse and I was happy that I could add my disc copy of GalCiv to my account. I don't know if you can do the same with Origin if you have the CD keys. It would have to be on Origin in the first place.
Posted Image

#18366 ezelkow1

ezelkow1

CAG in Limbo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

You have to have the game installed for it to detect and add it.

yea, its installed

#18367 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

yea, its installed

That is odd because it automatically added it into Origin for me.

#18368 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Origin has never detected any of my steam or non-steam EA games. I have NFS:U2, NFS:MW (2005), NFS:Carbon, NFS:Prostreet (from Origin, $4), NFS:Undercover, NFS:Shift, NFS:HP (2010), NFS: Shift 2, Burnout Paradise, Mass Effect 1, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age UO, Bulletstorm all installed (I'm sure I'm missing others, but I can't be arsed to ferret out for for the list.

On second thought, I do think it might have found my Need for Speed: World (F2P) install...

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#18369 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hey CAGers,

I've been looking through Tony's posts to try and find an answer to this question but I haven't seen it.

Has Tony mentioned any of the Sega deals coming back during the EC special?

I saw that the Warner Bros. deals won't be coming back, but I haven't been able to find any mention of the Sega deals.

#18370 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Origin has only added my steam version of alice for me and it was to an origin account I don't use on that pc.
I think it's because it asks for an email address to activate so it adds it to an associated origin acct.

I picked up The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack and every thing on it except mercs 2 activated directly on origin had to use https://activate.ea....activategame.do for it.

Edited by 2wicked, 10 January 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#18371 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Steam Banners has a pretty good collection of em, if you haven't already looked at that.

Yes it is. Many people(myself included -link) often upload stuff there all the time. If everyone uploaded their stuff there and properly tagged it. It would save everyone a lot of effort and time.

#18372 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yes it is. Many people(myself included -link) often upload stuff there all the time. If everyone uploaded their stuff there and properly tagged it. It would save everyone a lot of effort and time.

Yeah, I spent the last day digging through forum threads and the like. Can also do a google image search and restrict the size to 460x215 which doesn't find everything, but works ok.

I've amassed quite the collection in a folder now. I really like the textless images look, but I just don't trust that I'd recognize everything enough to know what it is, so I went with tiles with titles.

***And now maybe I'll go try installing some old EA games and running Origin to see what happens....

#18373 The Sifu

The Sifu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Origin has never detected any of my steam or non-steam EA games. I have NFS:U2, NFS:MW (2005), NFS:Carbon, NFS:Prostreet (from Origin, $4), NFS:Undercover, NFS:Shift, NFS:HP (2010), NFS: Shift 2, Burnout Paradise, Mass Effect 1, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age UO, Bulletstorm all installed (I'm sure I'm missing others, but I can't be arsed to ferret out for for the list.

On second thought, I do think it might have found my Need for Speed: World (F2P) install...

Did you log into your Origin/EA account (or activate Autolog) from within those games that support doing so? IIRC, once I used Autolog for the first time in NFS:HP on Steam, it activated in my corresponding Origin account.
Posted Image

#18374 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hey CAGers,

I've been looking through Tony's posts to try and find an answer to this question but I haven't seen it.

Has Tony mentioned any of the Sega deals coming back during the EC special?

I saw that the Warner Bros. deals won't be coming back, but I haven't been able to find any mention of the Sega deals.

No news on any Sega deals yet :(

#18375 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Did you log into your Origin/EA account (or activate Autolog) from within those games that support doing so? IIRC, once I used Autolog for the first time in NFS:HP on Steam, it activated in my corresponding Origin account.

No I did not. If I can avoid logging into something I usually do. I should note that a few things were "attached" to an older EA account of sorts (remember EADM?)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#18376 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I spent the last day digging through forum threads and the like. Can also do a google image search and restrict the size to 460x215 which doesn't find everything, but works ok.

I've amassed quite the collection in a folder now. I really like the textless images look, but I just don't trust that I'd recognize everything enough to know what it is, so I went with tiles with titles.

***And now maybe I'll go try installing some old EA games and running Origin to see what happens....

I've got hundreds of icons myself. As well as many of the official icons too.

The google search can work, but I find that most times it doesn't work as great as you would hope.

I've never been a fan of Textless icons myself. I never understood the purpose until the other day. Which I didn't even ask anyone but it just popped in my mind. Because in BP mode steam has a white tab that shows the title under the game that you have selected. So there is no need for text/logo. That's what I assume most wanting Textless icons want.

#18377 mnuttster

mnuttster

CAG It Up!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

Good to know. I haven't bought an EA game at retail in a while so I didn't know how they handle it.

Looks like it will be Origin.

Personally I don't have a problem with it at all. I currently have like 6 clients installed. Origin seems to run pretty well for me, low resource, just a game DLer/launcher basically.

That one story of it tying one person's games to another account automatically does suck though. Hopefully they fixed that. I don't think I have any EA games outside of Origin so it has never auto added anything for me.

Guess I don't have much of an issue with it as well, I'm just super OCD and even though it sounds pretty petty but it bothers me to have my games in multiple places.

I probably should be more concerned on DS3 actually being a good game....

#18378 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

A review from Rock Paper Shotgun:

Wot I Stink: Toilet Tycoon

TL;DR: It's crap.

#18379 CheapThingsAreGood

CheapThingsAreGood

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Reposting my question in case it was missed

Hey Tony, out of curiosity, what are the odds of getting these titles (with steam keys :D)

Puzzle Agent 2 - Since Amazon is already selling the first Puzzle Agent, along with other Telltale Games like something called The Walking Dead... whatever that is ;)

FTL: Faster Than Light - Simply because it's another indie title that, like Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, and ITSP, I would love to see a good deal on.

#18380 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Reposting my question in case it was missed

Hey there,

Sorry I missed this. I think we're in conversation with the FTL guys but I'm not sure where it is.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a PA2, I don't think we carry PA1 digitally though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#18381 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Hey there,

Sorry I missed this. I think we're in conversation with the FTL guys but I'm not sure where it is.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a PA2, I don't think we carry PA1 digitally though.

Cheers,
Tony

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B008QYBQC8

One google search and I beat da Tony. :lol:

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#18382 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B008QYBQC8

One google search and I beat da Tony. :lol:

Wow, this doesn't show up in any of my trackers for "things we sell". I'm adding now lol.

So to answer the original question, yeah, I'll absolutely hit up TellTale about getting PA2.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#18383 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hey Tony, can you pricematch this? :)

Hey Tony, pricematch on this?

http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3864 Lego LOTR

http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3933 Scribblenauts Unlimited

#18384 shezbot

shezbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Tony - Any chance you PM GameStop's deals on Command & Conquer Ultimate ($16.99), Scribblenauts ($14.81), or Lego LOTR ($9.87)

#18385 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

How about that Command and Conquer, Tony?
http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3564

#18386 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Tony - Any chance you PM GameStop's deals on Command & Conquer Ultimate ($16.99), Scribblenauts ($14.81), or Lego LOTR ($9.87)

How about that Command and Conquer, Tony?
http://www.impulsedr...s/ESD-IMP-W3564

Negative on the PMs, we'll have C&C in February for the same price. If you're jazzed about the deal now though absolutely grab it from Impulse.

As for WB, we're still talking with them about what we're doing with their titles which is why we aren't matching there.

Again, if either of these deals look like something you want to jump on now, do so before the Impulse sale ends :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#18387 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Won't the EC be over in Feb though? I'm sure most of us are hoping for the PM so we can use a Coupon on C&C

#18388 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Won't the EC be over in Feb though? I'm sure most of us are hoping for the PM so we can use a Coupon on C&C

I'm sure he realizes this, but it sounds like the answer is a pretty definitive "No." Shame, because I probably would have sprung for it at $12, but I'll probably pass at $17.

#18389 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I hope Lego LOTR gets on the EC list and its 10$ before coupon :)

#18390 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

FYI I'm about to create a new thread. Hope it feels like a breath of fresh air!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"