Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#181 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

That "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls" is pretty damn insulting. How about rename it to "The Big Bundle of Shitty Games that You Should Only Buy for People You Hate"?

Girls deserve better than that.

Clearly the work of the Iranian Government. First banning women from 77 university courses including: engineering, nuclear physics, computer science, English literature, archaeology, and business, now Iranian agents have given us "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls"

BBC:

No official reason has been given for the move, but campaigners, including Nobel Prize winning lawyer Shirin Ebadi, allege it is part of a deliberate policy by the authorities to exclude women from education.

"The Iranian government is using various initiatives… to restrict women's access to education, to stop them being active in society, and to return them to the home," she told the BBC.

"I wanted to study architecture and civil engineering," says Leila, a young woman from the south of Iran. "But access for girls has been cut by fifty per cent, and there's a chance I won't get into university at all this year."

#182 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Damn, missed The Walking Dead deal :(
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#183 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

People should buy this: http://www.amazon.co... firefighter pc

Just saying.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#184 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

people should buy this: http://www.amazon.co... firefighter pc

just saying.

thank you!!

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#185 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Welp, now that I have it booted up, the only resolutions it supports are smaller than my wang. Still plays well but that list of resolutions is sadly anemic. Need to find out if I can change the config files...
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#186 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

That "The Big Bundle of Games for Girls" is pretty damn insulting. How about rename it to "The Big Bundle of Shitty Games that You Should Only Buy for People You Hate"?

Girls deserve better than that.

Well, they're games for girls. Little girls. Not women or young women.

Nothing wrong with liking horses and pink cutesy games.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#187 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

Welp, now that I have it booted up, the only resolutions it supports are smaller than my wang. Still plays well but that list of resolutions is sadly anemic. Need to find out if I can change the config files...

Is there an easy conversion rate for measuring your penis in pixels?

#188 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

What? You thought P2P stood for "peer to peer"?

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#189 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

Well, they're games for girls. Little girls. Not women or young women.

Nothing wrong with liking horses and pink cutesy games.

A bad game is a bad game. There are some great games that are "cutesy".

#190 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:00 AM

A bad game is a bad game. There are some great games that are "cutesy".

The problem is that we are all gamers. Games are what we do. We have a passion for them, therefore our standards are moderately high.

Little girls may not even be gamers in the first place, plus they have different tastes and standards. You can't find a whole lot of "good" horse games, or dress-up games. Why? Because those games don't appeal to the market of picky gamers, they appeal to little girls who have different standards, therefore the developers are paid less and put out weaker material.

For example, I played the DS game "Girl Band" (I think that's what it was called once). It was pretty awful. The music was terrible, the "customization" was a joke, and the actual gameplay (Rock Band style note hitting) was messy and actually difficult. All in all, it was absolutely awful. But when I looked at the reviews for the game on Amazon, the response was very positive, composed of moms or aunts posting how their daughter or niece liked the game. While some of the responses were low or negative saying that their little girl didn't like it, most of the kids had a lot of fun with the game and really liked it.

Silly example, but it just goes to show that there are different markets, quality, and audiences. Just because a Barbie game is considered a "bad game" by someone's standards, that doesn't mean a little girl isn't going to absolutely love it.

Amazon should continue appealing to different markets. I'll have kids too someday, and I don't necessarily want them playing Gears of War 4 when they're in kindergarten.

uwkiCEr.gif

#191 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

The problem is that we are all gamers. Games are what we do. We have a passion for them, therefore our standards are moderately high.

Little girls may not even be gamers in the first place, plus they have different tastes and standards. You can't find a whole lot of "good" horse games, or dress-up games. Why? Because those games don't appeal to the market of picky gamers, they appeal to little girls who have different standards, therefore the developers are paid less and put out weaker material.

For example, I played the DS game "Girl Band" (I think that's what it was called once). It was pretty awful. The music was terrible, the "customization" was a joke, and the actual gameplay (Rock Band style note hitting) was messy and actually difficult. All in all, it was absolutely awful. But when I looked at the reviews for the game on Amazon, the response was very positive, composed of moms or aunts posting how their daughter or niece liked the game. While some of the responses were low or negative saying that their little girl didn't like it, most of the kids had a lot of fun with the game and really liked it.

Silly example, but it just goes to show that there are different markets, quality, and audiences. Just because a Barbie game is considered a "bad game" by someone's standards, that doesn't mean a little girl isn't going to absolutely love it.

Amazon should continue appealing to different markets. I'll have kids too someday, and I don't necessarily want them playing Gears of War 4 when they're in kindergarten.

I have to agree. It's not even conclusive that the games with bad reviews are actually bad since some of the negative reviews are due to people not being able to get the games to work.

For a girl, I think the bundle probably gives them at least $10 of value.

I'd get the other bundle, but I already own most of the games I want from it and I find Viva's physical compilation discs to be more thematically appealing.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#192 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

My wang caps out at maximum size of a microscopic 1280x720, barely able to clear the fly when I have to use the urinal.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#193 RedRose

RedRose

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

-Edit-

Edited by RedRose, 24 September 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#194 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hello Friends I don't know if this question goes here but please help me... Is this a good deal http://www.amazon.co...TF8&me=&seller= ?? 45.11$ ?? thank you

This thread is about downloadable PC games.

#195 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

How did that just.......?
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#196 xspeedracerx

xspeedracerx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Some kids do know better, and they shouldn't be punished for it. If you think I'm saying we should allow children to play Gears of War because it's a "good game", I have nothing else to say. This has gotten way off topic anyhow.

#197 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Any "Strategy First Bundle" and/or "1C Bundle" updates?

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#198 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Any "Strategy First Bundle" and/or "1C Bundle" updates?

I doubt we will get any more information on these bundles until at least a couple of days after Tony gets back from vacation.

#199 Fozbot

Fozbot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

I doubt we will get any more information on these bundles until at least a couple of days after Tony gets back from vacation.

I know that the man deserves a vacation (Tony is great), but my wallet is getting so fat with cash.. since there are no deals to spent it on! :D

#200 ndawgdrake

ndawgdrake

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Could we get a Battlefield 3 premium expansions deal?

#201 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

The real question we should be asking is weither this is the deal because Tony is on vacation,.....or if Tony is on Vacation because this is the deal 0_o

#202 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000716161

anyone know if nba2k13 will activate on steam? great news to me that it's launching on time anyway

Hand__Of__God.png

#203 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Tony, we are sorry. Whatever we did, we are sorry. They say it takes losing something to know just what you've lost, and they are right. Tony, come back to us, we can change, we swear. Just come back.....Please. I knew something was wrong when my bank account still had funds in it. Baby, please come back.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#204 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

anyone know if nba2k13 will activate on steam? great news to me that it's launching on time anyway

Dang I ain't even think about that. It should tho...

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#205 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tony, we are sorry. Whatever we did, we are sorry. They say it takes losing something to know just what you've lost, and they are right. Tony, come back to us, we can change, we swear. Just come back.....Please. I knew something was wrong when my bank account still had funds in it. Baby, please come back.

Posted Image

uwkiCEr.gif

#206 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

I bought 2k11 and 2k12 from amazon and neither activates on steam.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#207 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Picked up the walking dead, thats a great deal for it

#208 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Picked up the walking dead, thats a great deal for it

...the deal is over

Hand__Of__God.png

#209 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

This thread is pretty much dead without Tony..

Tony please come back soon! We miss you already :bouncy:

#210 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

This thread is pretty much dead without Tony..

Tony please come back soon! We miss you already :bouncy:

lol... this week's deal in particular isn't super appealing to most gamers on the site so there isn't much to talk about.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782