Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2221 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

FYI end date on this thing is TBD, for those wondering what to use it on.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2222 yodagonemad

yodagonemad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I went for Black Ops 2, at 25% off it is $45 which is the lowest price seen so far. Heck, they still make a big deal out of selling MW3 for $30 and it is a year old. $45 is a great deal on a game that is unlikely to go lower before launch. Plus, it is a steam key, wins all around.

#2223 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

FYI, you can use both the 25% coupon + the 5$ credit you got from buying to get the price of the new Hitman to 28.74$!

Also, Tony, can you please price match the Crusader kings 2 sale? thanks :)

#2224 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, it's no longer ending on Saturday night?

#2225 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I think the big question is it one time use only or not? /js :)

Also, Tony you rock.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#2226 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

$10 for SR3, and Darksiders 2 -- go!

I'd love to see Darksiders 2 hit $10. :P

#2227 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Alright, after hearing no objections. Here is my query:

After many purchases from Amazon, I found myself juggling between different game management solutions including Steam, Origin, Windows Game whatever, etc., leading me to create a shortcut folder to organize everything using medium icons:

Spoiler

The only problem is that it looks a little cluttered and doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal as, say, Origin or some of the Steam overlays. I then tried going with extra large icons with this result:
Spoiler

Better, but only for the icons with a large enough image size. Otherwise, the art is tiny and the entire thing looks weird. Not surprisingly, it looks like Steam limited their shortcut icons to just the tiny view as a subtle way to lock-in customers to their game management solution.

So I tried looking for solutions, like replacing the icon images, but have found the process lacking and a huge time suck. Also, when I looked into adding games into the steam library, I found out that you have to hunt for the .exe file for each game, another huge time suck. I'm also not a fan of the different views bu Steam. Surprisingly, there do not seem to be third-party solutions like those found for digital music or ebooks (ex: Calibre).

So, has anyone else figured out a better way of organizing your games across different digital download services?

Also, Tony, this seems like a good opportunity for Amazon to come up with a solution. The coding seems to me as a layperson to be straight forward -- something similar to the carousel in Kindle Fire or Cover View from Apple. Plus, Digital Download fragmentation seems inevitable as more and more publishers jump into having their own platforms like Ubisoft, EA, etc. This gives a third-party the opportunity to come up with a software solution that would operate like shortcuts, reside on the desktop, and link up the shortcuts with coverart, game descriptions, screenshots, and other customization options for your consumer base. Finally, you put in small advertisements or a tab linking the user back to your own store, reaping the chief benefits of the different platforms -- "virtual store" advertisements without the added costs of programming the features like social media, cloud storage of game saves, DRM, etc.

#2228 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, don't match that Hitman SE. I already bought the regular one.

#2229 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Got BL2 Season Pass with the 25% off code. Now that the first DLC is out I couldn't resist.
76561197996844513.png

#2230 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

grabbed tomb raider pre order for 33+tax

doubt it will be cheaper elsewhere...hopefully it activates on steam on release :D.

#2231 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

it's not working for black ops 2 pc download for me.. not sure why.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2232 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Suddenly the 25% off code does not work for me anymore for MOH Warfighter LE Pre-order or NFS Most Wanted LE Pre-order. Also tried it on Black Ops 2 Pre-order and same thing !

fs_pc.png

#2233 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

So..the 25% discount is just one per account?

#2234 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Suddenly the 25% off code does not work for me anymore for MOH Warfighter LE Pre-order or NFS Most Wanted LE Pre-order. Also tried it on Black Ops 2 Pre-order and same thing !

Hope the amazon rep can answer this, is it a glitch or was it never intended for pre-orders?

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2235 BuiltNOTBought

BuiltNOTBought

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Beating Steam's daily deal on Serious Sam 3 BFE with the 25% code bringing it to $7.49. Thanks Tony!

#2236 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hope the amazon rep can answer this, is it a glitch or was it never intended for pre-orders?

I just pre-ordered South Park: Stick of Truth with it.

44.99 - 11.25 - $5 (from THQ Pack Credit)

Total was 28.74 before tax for the pre-order. I can live with that. Thanks Tony!

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2237 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

I just pre-ordered South Park: Stick of Truth with it.

44.99 - 11.25 - $5 (from THQ Pack Credit)

Total was 28.74 before tax for the pre-order. I can live with that. Thanks Tony!

Hitman Absolution is also 28.74$ if someone uses the coupon+ the 5$ credit given in the square enix pack.

#2238 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

It probably wasn't intended to work on pre-orders though. So if there's something that you guys want to pre-order, you should probably do so ASAP.

57j.gif

#2239 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

it was gonna let me use the code for absolution then it changed its mine and i already preordered with just the $5 off, how can i just get a price match for the other 11.25 off? i guess dowload preorders don't let you change payment method. why can't this code just work on xcom? I now absolutely refuse to ever buy xcom from amazon out of principle.

#2240 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

looks like it already doesn't work on preorders anymore. anybody have any idea what to use this on?

#2241 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Check your order details and you will see that the promo was not actually applied to your preorder. Just got off the phone with an amazon rep and he told be that it most likely will not work on preorders where the game comes out after the promo code expires (which he told me was October 20th).

#2242 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

anyone know if amazon is getting mark of the ninja i would take 25% off that. its an amazing game.

#2243 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Check your order details and you will see that the promo was not actually applied to your preorder. Just got off the phone with an amazon rep and he told be that it most likely will not work on preorders where the game comes out after the promo code expires (which he told me was October 20th).

My order details clearly shows the $11.25 promo discount. It might be because I applied the code to my account before it got fixed, but I did order literally 5 minutes ago.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2244 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

My order details clearly shows the $11.25 promo discount. It might be because I applied the code to my account before it got fixed, but I did order literally 5 minutes ago.

Well that sucks for me then. I placed my order a good 20 minutes ago and it did not work, so I just cancelled it.

#2245 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Tony,

1. i was wondering if you know if the hitman absolution pc download comes with the bartoli pistol dlc. I thought i saw it when i preordered, but now its not on the product page.

2. is there any chance of this 25% off being made available for xcom?

#2246 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

i got the 11.25 to show off for absolution but then it disappeared when i went to add the $5 off and now won't come back

#2247 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

why can't this code just work on xcom? I now absolutely refuse to ever buy xcom from amazon out of principle.

The fact that XCOM has also been excluded from all of the GreenManGaming coupons points to this being a problem with the publisher of XCOM and not with Amazon or GMG. Why punish retailers for something that is likely out of their hands?

#2248 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

The fact that XCOM has also been excluded from all of the GreenManGaming coupons points to this being a problem with the publisher of XCOM and not with Amazon or GMG. Why punish retailers for something that is likely out of their hands?

because theres no reason for them to keep their customers in the dark if that is the case

#2249 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Im going to preorder the Call of Duty black ops II Digital Deluxe Edition, should bring total down to 59. Thx Tony

#2250 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

I was planning to jump on Hitman at that price with the coupon and credit but no dice :(