Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2431 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

It's like 6.8 GB and runs really smoothly :)

I really dont' understand pc gaming. can you run it told me my pc wasn't able to run sleeping dogs do to my CPU. I decided to download a demo and try. Demo ran fine. Mind you graphics were only on medium and such but still demo ran fine.

#2432 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

I really dont' understand pc gaming. can you run it told me my pc wasn't able to run sleeping dogs do to my CPU. I decided to download a demo and try. Demo ran fine. Mind you graphics were only on medium and such but still demo ran fine.

It all ends up being about the developer and how well they optimize their games to run on PCs. Some do a horrible job and even amazing PCs lag or have issues trying to run it. Others (Like Sleeping Dogs) do a wonderful job and make it so the game runs smoothly and amazing while using the least amount of resources possible. It's funny that less demanding games heat up my laptop more then Sleeping Dogs :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2433 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

It all ends up being about the developer and how well they optimize their games to run on PCs. Some do a horrible job and even amazing PCs lag or have issues trying to run it. Others (Like Sleeping Dogs) do a wonderful job and make it so the game runs smoothly and amazing while using the least amount of resources possible. It's funny that less demanding games heat up my laptop more then Sleeping Dogs :)

Yeah like walking dead I lags for me but sleeping dogs didn't. I was expecting complete lag fest lol

#2434 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

I can also confirm this

Sleeping Dogs with a single AMD HD7870 2GB Card ran smooth at 5992x1080 (Eyefinity 3 monitor resolution) with Max settings (Except Low FXAA). With HD6990 card, it ran with all settings cranked up to the max including FXAA

Square Enix did an excellent job with Deus Ex Human Revolution and Sleeping Dogs :applause:

fs_pc.png

#2435 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Yeah like walking dead I lags for me but sleeping dogs didn't. I was expecting complete lag fest lol

I'm well above the system requirements for walking dead, but did have lag issues. I ended up turning off character shadows and that fixed it up. Might give that a try... I did not miss the shadows once it was turned off.
Posted Image

#2436 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Just checked my Amazon G+S library. I have another Supreme Commander 2 key O.o Did this happen to anyone else? I heard they gave out extras b/c some people accidentally got the original but my first key worked fine :P. Also, is there anyway to check if this is perhaps the same key (I had to click "View Product Key" to see it, so I'm assuming it's just a new key)?

Best username ever.

#2437 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

I really think the weird lag Telltale games tend to always have has something to do with the way they handle loading in their engines and is independent of the system you run it on. It's been a consistent problem since the Sam and Max games.

#2438 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Didn't need to and shouldn't have but i picked up Sleeping Dogs anyways. Downloading Now.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#2439 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Picked up Sleeping Dogs, thanks Tony!

#2440 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

too bad code doesnt work for preorders, would have definitely got one
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2441 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

I'm knee deep in XCOM, want to start a new character in Borderlands 2 (or just complete more challenges as my assassin), and haven't downloaded Walking Dead Ep 4 yet, but that's a good price on a game I really want to play.

And tomorrow's payday.
Posted Image

#2442 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Went ahead and got borderlands 2 season pass for 22.49 with the code. I know it will be cheaper, but still, this is not a bad price for DLC that has an MSRP of 40 bux.
Posted Image

#2443 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

Don't bother with sites like Can You Run It. They just take the system requirements listed by the publisher/developer, then scan you system to see how well they match. It's just comparing numbers without knowing if they game itself is even well optimized.

Best performance indicator will always be demo as the one you tried.

#2444 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Sleeping Dogs for $20 is a hell of a deal! Sadly I'm going to wait for the GOTY edition of there is one. If not, I'll pick it up on the cheap. Thank again Tony for always booking us up!

#2445 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Holy shit, that's an amazoning(stretch?) deal on Sleeping Dogs! BOUGHT.

#2446 Daykain

Daykain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thank you for the tip but I already purchased BF3 Premium from Amazon because I have a problem with Origin store (Also THQ and Ubishop or any Digital River Service crap) that gives me the famous "Payment Authorisation Failed" error when I try to buy anything even free DLCs lol

The offer is only for those who will buy Premium from Origin Store

Damn! I don't know why Amazon is so slow refunding my GC balance, been more than 30 hours now :cry: I wanted to get Sleeping Dogs for a friend

FYI you don't need to buy BF3 Premium from Origin, it can be bought from anywhere but you need to use the link http://offer.medalofhonor.com to get the 50% code which can be used to purchase Warfighter by itself through the Origin store.

#2447 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Bought Sleeping Dogs for $13.74 (25% off + $5 credit from GW2). Thanks Tony!

Damn you, you reminded me about the GW2 credit, so I had to bite as well :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2448 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Can't get the 25% off sleeping dogs as its only 1 per account, but at the price I may still just go for it!
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2449 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Is there a limit to how many times you can use this code? Sorry if this has been asked before!

#2450 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Code is good for a single-use.

#2451 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Code is good for a single-use.

Thanks!

#2452 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

is dishonored available for digital download anymore? i can't seem to find it.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#2453 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

is dishonored available for digital download anymore? i can't seem to find it.

Amazon currently doesn't have a contract to carry Bethesda games. We know Tony is working hard to change that :bouncy:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#2454 HikariYuki

HikariYuki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks used the code to buy BL2 Season Pass for $22.50

#2455 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Amazon currently doesn't have a contract to carry Bethesda games. We know Tony is working hard to change that :bouncy:

oh, i had no clue about that. thanks bro!

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#2456 frankie007

frankie007

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

If anyone is not going to use his $5 coupon for Sleeping Dogs (hard to believe ;-) I'd gratefully accept it :-D

btw, I do not intend to use the one for Hitman Absolution ($5 off), so if you want it simply PM me ;-)

#2457 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

FYI for $2.50 this little gem looks like a ton of fun:

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B004CLYJGY

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2458 LocarionStorm

LocarionStorm

A Player of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

I was going to ask about a price match on Alpha Protocol but it doesn't appear Amazon carries it anymore.

#2459 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Tony any chance for a sale on Doctor Who the Adventure Games, Amazon carries all five episodes and each one costs about $5, would love to see them all in a bundle for $10 or less

I'm adding links so you know exactly what I'm talking about, Episode 1 City of the Daleks, Episode 2 Blood of the Cybermen, Episode 3 Tardis, Episode 4 Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, Episode 5 The Gunpowder Plot

AnQAzfm.png

#2460 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Tony any chance for a sale on Doctor Who the Adventure Games, Amazon carries all five episodes and each one costs about $5, would love to see them all in a bundle for $10 or less

I'm adding links so you know exactly what I'm talking about, Episode 1 City of the Daleks, Episode 2 Blood of the Cybermen, Episode 3 Tardis, Episode 4 Shadows of the Vashta Nerada, Episode 5 The Gunpowder Plot

That would be nice certainly
Posted Image