Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2611 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Tony said next month for KOA deal

Syndicate is good but short and tbh I think it would be better for ~$5 mark

Appreciate it. Will just wait for KoA then.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2612 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

$12 for everything Amalur might just be low enough to tolerate Origin!

This!

Is the PC version any better than 360?

#2613 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

If the PC assets are the same as console version, I'd doubt the graphics will look worse on the PC. Even with some tweaks in the right places, you can make it look MUCH better.
If the PC assets are High-Res and HD, while the console isn't - it'll be an absolutely blowout on the PC version. Even more so true, if you do some tweaking in the right places.

If you are getting good performance on a PC version of a game (think 30 frames per sec or above consistently), you likely should and can pump up some EXTRA technical stuff via NVidia/ATI Control Panel, if necessary.
That will blow away what the consoles are doing graphically, with their aging hardware.

Since the mouse moves much faster than a controller through the 3d space by default, the PC version needs to run at 60 fps to look as nice as the console versions at 30fps, as screen tearing & framerate problems are easily more noticeable. The fixed hardware on the consoles is not comparable to the exact same PC specs, as the PC games have to meet the lowest common denominator. The consoles are fixed, therefore the devs can crank out alot more since they know what the end user will have. Of course, I game on a 32" HDTV where the framerate & mouse speed issues are much more apparent.

#2614 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

I still standby that Tony meant a penny when he said for a Lincoln.

#2615 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

What's the NFS deal? The ultimate pack they always sell?

#2616 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Since the mouse moves much faster than a controller through the 3d space by default, the PC version needs to run at 60 fps to look as nice as the console versions at 30fps, as screen tearing & framerate problems are easily more noticeable. The fixed hardware on the consoles is not comparable to the exact same PC specs, as the PC games have to meet the lowest common denominator. The consoles are fixed, therefore the devs can crank out alot more since they know what the end user will have. Of course, I game on a 32" HDTV where the framerate & mouse speed issues are much more apparent.

While 60FPS (or sometimes above) is MOST desirable on PC, I have no problems w/ PC games sticking at 30 FPS as long as its buttery smooth and was BUILT for it.

Since we were talking NBA2K series for PC - I don't know who the hell would use KB/mouse for a basketball game. That's a game I'd use my X360 for Windows Controller on - same goes for most platformers (think POP, AC series) & brawlers (think SF and MK series), as well.

I have a 23'' monitor for my PC games and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it, pretty much hugging my monitor. On a console game - you're normally a little distance away; often sitting on a couch. Also, you'd expect lower FOV on console games, as well - where PC swings in the opposite direction (90+).

#2617 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

By the way, NFS MW from 2005 was an awesome game, still love the music score

Agreed.

This!

Is the PC version any better than 360?

I have KOA:R on PC - it runs great & smooth as silk on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit).

I maxed that game out on its in-game graphics settings AND also pumped up my NVidia settings through the roof, as well.
I am able to do that w/ most of my PC games, BTW.

$12 for everything Amalur might just be low enough to tolerate Origin!

Bah, Origin is NOT that bad.

It just lacks A LOT of features that STEAM has spoiled us with, namely - especially when it FORCES its client-program to run in the background for specific games.

#2618 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

I still standby that Tony meant a penny when he said for a Lincoln.

I could get down w/ NFS: The Run for a whole PENNY.

Posted Image

EDIT:

poor Washington is always left out.
Posted Image

Spoiler

So is poor JEFFERSON:

Posted Image

#2619 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm broke but I finally gave in and tried to use SQRLUVOC but it says it's invalid. Not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2620 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image

If Origin could manage to get one of those during their promotions it would probably be considered progress.

#2621 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I have a 23'' monitor for my PC games and I'm sitting RIGHT in front of it, pretty much hugging my monitor.

Only way to be a true PC gamer!

#2622 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image

EDIT:

So is poor JEFFERSON:

Posted Image

Spoiler

Don't forget Obama
Posted Image

And I used a bunch of these for the Origin Fall Harvest Sale.....
Posted Image
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2623 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm broke but I finally gave in and tried to use SQRLUVOC but it says it's invalid. Not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Tony killed the code...and the radio star.

#2624 Luckz

Luckz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

If the PC assets are the same as console version, I'd doubt the graphics will look worse on the PC. Even with some tweaks in the right places, you can make it look MUCH better.
If the PC assets are High-Res and HD, while the console isn't - it'll be an absolutely blowout on the PC version. Even more so true, if you do some tweaking in the right places.

If the game was free, ...you get a game for free!
If pigs could fly, you could book a flight on one.
If...

Of course you can hypothetically replace files from the PC version with modified files (probably from the console version, to re-add what was removed for the PC release?), but otherwise the PC version seems fairly troubled.

My friend used it a few minutes before it expired (on S. Dogs). We were of course completely oblivious to the notion that it would eventually expire.

#2625 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

If the game was free, ...you get a game for free!
If pigs could fly, you could book a flight on one.
If...

Of course you can hypothetically replace files from the PC version with modified files (probably from the console version, to re-add what was removed for the PC release?), but otherwise the PC version seems fairly troubled.

Wait...did they remove some in-game graphics features like Driver: SF did when it got ported to PC?

#2626 Jerykk

Jerykk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

If you're that sensitive to framerate and response issues, I recommend not playing on an HDTV. TVs always have more input lag than gaming monitors. In fact, you should buy a 120 Hz monitor. That way, you don't get any tearing and you don't get any input lag caused by V-Sync. Everything just feels more responsive too because your screen is refreshing twice as fast as regular screens.

Also, a PC game does not need to run at 60 FPS to look equal to a console game running at 30 FPS. That's ridiculous. A PC game running at 30 FPS + 1920x1080 + tons of AA + AF + AO > console game running at 30 FPS. What you mean to say is that console games are better optimized and run at more stable framerates than PC games (which isn't always true). It's increasingly common for console games to vary from 20-30 FPS (or lower, as Dark Souls can attest to).

#2627 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Also, a PC game does not need to run at 60 FPS to look equal to a console game running at 30 FPS. That's ridiculous. A PC game running at 30 FPS + 1920x1080 + tons of AA + AF + AO > console game running at 30 FPS. What you mean to say is that console games are better optimized and run at more stable framerates than PC games (which isn't always true). It's increasingly common for console games to vary from 20-30 FPS (or lower, as Dark Souls can attest to).

This.

#2628 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

I have KOA:R on PC - it runs great & smooth as silk on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit).

Runs just spiffy (@1920x1200) on my much lesser X3-720BE GTX260 rig.

So is poor JEFFERSON:

Sure, NFS:TR is an awkward but *pretty* racer but it is worth more than than that -- the driving mechanics are decent and it is decently challenging -- unlike, say, NFS:Undercover. I hear there is even an unlock for the 30 FPS cap now. I am so looking forward to NFS:MW2 (at Xmas for under $20).

Don't forget the Benjamin!

And the McKinley.
Posted Image

Or the Wilson...
Posted Image

#2629 Pats12Sox34

Pats12Sox34

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Has anything been officially announced for the nfs deal? like is it just NFS: The Run or do we get like the original most wanted, hot pursuit etc....New NFS looks legit they really SEEM to have went all out on it

#2630 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

the hell is going on here
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2631 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

this thread is a mess

I know there is a deal tomorrow
i know there is something to do with need for speed
something to do with kingdoms of amalur
something to do with dark souls
and something to do with dead presidents

but, I have no idea how to piece this information together
we really need an upcoming deals section in the main post

#2632 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Need for Speed The Run is one of the deals for $0.01 , according to Tony who said it would be on sale for a Lincoln.

#2633 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

this thread is a mess

Some dead presidents are starting to like PC gaming and want to get some deals from Amazon such as NFS series, KOA and the recent Dark Souls :)

fs_pc.png

#2634 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Need for Speed The Run is one of the deals for $0.01 , according to Tony who said it would be on sale for a Lincoln.

I thought he meant a Lincoln car.
Posted Image

#2635 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

this thread is a mess

NFS sale begins tomorrow.
We know NFS: The Run will be $5 (a Lincoln).
We don't know yet the rest of the NFS deals.

We don't know when, but sometime down the line in distant future....
KOA:R Complete will eventually be on sale for $12;
Dark Souls: PTD will eventually be $20 (a Jackson!).

#2636 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

this thread is a mess

well here is a straight answer, these are the upcoming deals NFS: The Run $5, Dark Souls PTD $20, Kingdoms of Amalur + All DLC $12

now I don't know when the deals for Dark Souls and KoA are running but NFS will be on sale all of next week starting tomorrow, we are also getting a 14 game bundle with Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, House MD + other games in it which is also coming sometime next week.... there that should about cover it

EDIT: MysterD beat me to it

533740.png

#2637 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

well here is a straight answer, these are the upcoming deals NFS: The Run $5, Dark Souls PTD $20, Kingdoms of Amalur + All DLC $12

now I don't know when the deals for Dark Souls and KoA are running but NFS will be on sale all of next week starting tomorrow, we are also getting a 14 game bundle with Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, House MD + other games in it which is also coming sometime next week.... there that should about cover it

EDIT: MysterD beat me to it

I forgot about the Doctor Bundle.

#2638 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

FYI:

If I remember, if you are a resident of the UK, the Dr. Who games are Free. (Don't ask me why but I think the studio that made the games was subsidized by the government.

Still a interesting bundle though
My GMG referral Link: GMG Link

If you're new to GMG, use the link above and we both get free $2 credit when you spend at least $2 on your first purchase.

#2639 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

anyone know if kingdoms of amalur is gonna work on steam or just origin?

#2640 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

anyone know if kingdoms of amalur is gonna work on steam or just origin?

It's gonna work on Desura, gamefly's app, the GOG downloader, Impulse, and Origin, but not Steam.