Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2731 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Amazon is the heroic caped crusader that swoops in and takes the kid to safety, then gives him some games for really cheap.

No, that would be Origin with the coupon fiasco. (or perhaps a better comparison to Origin would be the bumbling villain like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers) :lol:

#2732 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yeah, I agree with this, I mean I liked the most wanted one, but Underground 2 had me hooked for way long. Posted Image I really do miss my old UG2 for my GC, until my GC broke. :c

They just kept being more of the same. & why the Jay pic lol. I remember Chingy's I Do playing over and over again in U2 lol. & your GC broke?? goddamn. that thing was invincible to me. Sold it during a garage sale for $40...regretting it. But the Wii can play GC games so it ain't too much of a loss. Mostly the memories

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2733 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

They just kept being more of the same. & why the Jay pic lol. I remember Chingy's I Do playing over and over again in U2 lol. & your GC broke?? goddamn. that thing was invincible to me. Sold it during a garage sale for $40...regretting it. But the Wii can play GC games so it ain't too much of a loss. Mostly the memories

I somehow missed the NFS: UG games.
If only EA would re-released those....

#2734 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

I really, really, really wish this was the steam version of NFS Hot Pursuit.

Shift, Shift 2, Undercover and Hot Pursuit are all on Steam. The Run, sadly, is not.

I may have to install Origin.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2735 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

I really, really, really wish this was the steam version of NFS Hot Pursuit.
Shift, Shift 2, Undercover and Hot Pursuit are all on Steam.

You likely can take MOST of those Steam-Version keys of those games and activate those on Origin.

Do you really think EA would give out Steam keys of their games (outside of Steam)?

Remember - EA is pretty much are at war w/ Valve (Steam); over exclusive DLC disputes (see Dragon Age 2) and the fact that Valve has declined EA's Steam-buyout NUMEROUS times.

The Run, sadly, is not.

I may have to install Origin.

Most EA games since BF3 flat-out REQUIRE Origin.
BF3, ME3, Syndicate 2012 FPS, KOA:R Non Steam versions, NFS: The Run - these all require ORIGIN.
And I'm sure, this list will continue to grow.

#2736 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Is NFS: The Run supposed to be good?

I liked Hot Pursuit, but I didn't love it, and I was bored by all the Time Trial Missions. The game could be really fun when all the elements lined up right.

No, they were hoping to put out utter crap. :roll: It's not too bad when playing with the big screen hooked up.

@Tony - Great NFS bundle. But I have to admit that when I saw the thread title, I was holding my breath for a deal on Test Drive Unlimited 2. I missed out back in the early days of this thread and then was teased by the Steam Summer Sale. Any chance that'll show up again?

Ubisoft had it for $1 when they had that weekend sale on their site.

@Tony
Any news on The Rockin' Dead installer download problems?
I've emailed support but the response back was not helpful at all. I'm hesitant to uninstall my antivirus permanently for one game. (That was his advise).
PS, as always YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2737 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

Can't you just add that one game as an exception?
Posted Image

#2738 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Tony work your magic and get us a deal on the mortal kombat arcade kollection.

#2739 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

I like the sound of THIS.

#2740 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

AWWWW YEAH more Bioshock goodness!

Spoiler

You want to make some money Tony? Own the preorder discount deals and laugh all the way to the bank!

Edited by nategator, 22 October 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#2741 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

I loved NFS:Underground 2 (on PS2) as well. I think if it hadn't been followed up by the insanely popular Most Wanted it would be remembered more. I liked the style and handling. The tuning controls were meaningful without being overwhelming/tedious. The city/map felt more alive than most/all racers since (including Burnout Paradise & Hot Pursuit (2010)). I remember going from hating the drift events to absolutely loving them. I am partial to drift-happy arcade racers, and I don't think there have been any since that era of NFS (or or the PS2 era of Burnout).

#2742 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

I already own Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box and only want Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. Planning to get the Burning Hot Bundle ($8) so if anyone is interested in splitting the pack for Burnout Paradise ($4) via Paypal. PM me.

#2743 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Oh god, someone quoted a youtube vid and broke the page!

#2744 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

Spoiler

Page breaker :bow:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2745 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I hate Origin and EA's whole tactics with it, but honestly the program itself seems pretty benign these days. Just sits in my taskbar never bothering me and I just use it for the occasional EA (or free EA game lol). I guess I could see it as an annoyance on an older PC with limited RAM, but I have 16GB so I don't really care if origin is taking up 100MB in the background.

#2746 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

they had it for $5~ before

Hand__Of__God.png

#2747 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

I somehow missed the NFS: UG games.
If only EA would re-released those....

Loved the style/presentation of Underground.

That was random lol. Why'd this come up? Wasn't it $5 last month? Which was when I bought it lol. One of my first PC downloads since I only just started really.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2748 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

they had it for $5~ before

Yeah 50% wasn't cutting it for me. I'm gunning for 75%

#2749 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

AWWWW YEAH more Bioshock goodness!

You want to make some money Tony? Own the preorder discount deals and laugh all the way to the bank!

I bought 1&2 last christmas and havent touched em :roll:
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2750 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I gotta agree with this. GMG gets a lot of business from me atm because of preorders. I preordered more games this year then the last few combined. Sure some I was looking forward too a bunch, but there were others I wanted to play and when I was able to get them for pretty cheap as a preorder I said screw it and picked them up. GMG has become my go to place for preorders now.

#2751 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Id get MOH warfighter 25% off, no jokes! (and I cant use the origin deal for 50% off in case you were wondering)
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#2752 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I bought 1&2 last christmas and havent touched em :roll:

You're missing out if you don't check out the first one before the next console refresh renders it too dated to enjoy. Still probably one of the best post-HL2 first person shooter experiences, especially if you take the over-the-shoulder games out of the equation.

Without trying to sound snarky, are there a lot of folks that buy the games without playing them? I'd say I have tried at least 80% of my backlog even through I've only finished about 40-50%. Most of the games I have yet to play a couple of minutes were bundled (Humble or a Tony bundle) or $1 or less.

#2753 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm not too fond of the games in the racing bundle with their "may destroy your computer with SecuROM" disclaimers. =\

#2754 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

You're missing out if you don't check out the first one before the next console refresh renders it too dated to enjoy. Still probably one of the best post-HL2 first person shooter experiences, especially if you take the over-the-shoulder games out of the equation.

Without trying to sound snarky, are there a lot of folks that buy the games without playing them? I'd say I have tried at least 80% of my backlog even through I've only finished about 40-50%. Most of the games I have yet to play a couple of minutes were bundled (Humble or a Tony bundle) or $1 or less.

Sadly, yes :( And I am one of them. It happens with console people too, though it's a lot easier when you don't need to find space in the house with tons and tons of game boxes like the digital world.

For me it started with the PS2 I got in college.

Prior to that I played ever game I bought to death... PC, N64, Super NES, etc.

I ordered a PS2 in 2001 I think with one game at the time (Jak and Daxter) and played it 100%.

Then some time in like 2003 or 2004 my bro in law introduced me to this site and it was game over. I got like 20 games at the huge Circuit City $5 thread and the backlog started and has only grown. For my consoles now, I try to cut back so my PS3 and 360 backlog isn't insurmountable and I've played almost every game I've bought at least once.

Now for PC, my problems started in 2009 with my first Steam sale and it was sort of in control until this last year with all these bundles. Now I have 100s of games on Steam alone and no hope to finish them :( Add Desura, Amazon, Origin, Gamersgate and I'm probably past the 500 game range...lol. Thankfully I don't pay much for them, but it is still a lot.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2755 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

Ubisoft had it for $1 when they had that weekend sale on their site.

Either I missed something, or that's a mix up. The four titles Ubi had on sale for $1 were, Driver:SF, HAWX 2, From Dust, and Silent Hunter 5. They did have some other reasonably attractive prices on some other Ubi titles.

#2756 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Sadly, yes :( And I am one of them.

Spoiler

Don't buy into this! A lot of people perpetuate this baseless assumption that the size of your backlog represents the sum of your personal failures. They then try to make you feel bad by making you feel that your backlog is the result of poor life choices. THIS IS A LIE! Your backlog gives you more choice! You can answer the question of, "hmm, what to play today?" in so many more ways.

If one political campaign has taught me anything it is that choice is good -- unless it's bad, very very bad, and you shouldn't be allowed to make it.

The fact that you have enough expendable income to blow on all these games shows that you are doing well. The fact that you haven't time to play them all shows that you have reasonable life balance. So don't let people try and tell you and shame you that it is the result of poor life choices.

"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"

#2757 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

My backlog started in college when I discovered a place called Triangle Video Games online. I ordered giant boxes of games (SNES then PS1) from them. Now I have more time to buy games than play them. So I have 100s of current gen games...many only played for a short amount of time. One day........

#2758 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yeah 50% wasn't cutting it for me. I'm gunning for 75%

I have that requirement too, 75%. I would love to the Mortal Kombat Collection for Halloween :)

#2759 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"

My new favorite quote. Thank you for this.
76561198025510545.png

#2760 TheHeretic

TheHeretic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for the greats deals you're giving us Tony!

I bought the games I don't have in the current deals, now I'm just waiting for the Dark Soul deal and if possible and if you could work something out with it the Endless Space deal as well.