Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2821 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

LOL you wanna know ahead so you can post at other deal sites :P

@Tony DVG

WB! We all missed you :D

I will just note that after the pushback on my request on less First and 1C posting, Tony updated us with First is on the way with 1C to follow.

So, you guys are welcome I guess. ;)

And hooray, lots of First and 1C bundles discussion. yay.

#2822 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

If I understand correctly, SecuROM was patched out of the Steam version of BioShock 1, and BioShock 2 has both SecuROM AND GFWL.

The SecuRom in Bioshock 2 has been nerfed to almost non-existence. GFWL is still there and has 15 activations, with a new key if you call Redmond and provide them proof of purchase. I daresay Amazon might be easier to deal with, but I would personally call Redmond first to maybe save Amazon a couple of bucks.

I recommend bookmarking or remembering for a Google search (The Big DRM List) this page:

http://steamdrm.flib...he_Big_DRM_List

It is very helpful in making decisions based on DRM. Especially since a lot of publishers (although definitely not all) have been watering things down.

#2823 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

The SecuRom in Bioshock 2 has been nerfed to almost non-existence. GFWL is still there and has 15 activations, with a new key if you call Redmond and provide them proof of purchase. I daresay Amazon might be easier to deal with, but I would personally call Redmond first to maybe save Amazon a couple of bucks.

I recommend bookmarking or remembering for a Google search (The Big DRM List) this page:

http://steamdrm.flib...he_Big_DRM_List

It is very helpful in making decisions based on DRM. Especially since a lot of publishers (although definitely not all) have been watering things down.

very nice find, bookmarked right away. thanks :applause:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2824 FeuerFrei

FeuerFrei

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to decide if I want them all.

#2825 Thadar

Thadar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

I would probably get Brotherhood (already own 1 & 2) if Amazon matches . Would prefer to go through there. =)

#2826 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to
decide if I want them all.

brotherhood is definitely worth it for $5

Hand__Of__God.png

#2827 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Are Brotherhood and Revelations worth getting? I've been waiting for a sale on AC after my buddies went on and on last week about how good it was. Perfect timing on it. Now I've just got to decide if I want them all.

i enjoyed them both ezio story worth seen threw too the end if $$ is a issue just grab brotherhood till price drop on revelations

#2828 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

brotherhood is definitely worth it for $5

Are the deluxe edition extras worth the additional $2.50?

#2829 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Would anyone be willing to trade Bioshock 1 & 2 keys for Deus Ex Augmented, Just Cause 2 and Hitman Blood Money? Couple of things I already had from the Square bundle, looking to trade for something else I want. PM if interested. Thanks!

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#2830 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Brotherhood is totally worth it if you liked AC2. IIRC, the Deluxe mainly adds (to single player) a couple templar lairs.

#2831 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Damn, been wanting the bioshocks to hit 5 bux a piece again... 7.49 for the pair is even better :)
Posted Image

#2832 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

Tony, you heard any updates on what's going on with NBA2K13? pushed back from the 2nd to the 15th to the 30th. You said your guy at 2k told you it's steam, kotaku reporting it won't be on steam. Obviously not your fault but myself and others really just wanna know what the deal is. Sounds like a massive clusterfuck at 2k. I'd really rather get it from you / on steam but I'm close to just buying the retail boxed version which has been out since 10/2.

I'd like to know too. If it's not Steam I'll really be like wtf...

Didn't expect BioShock to go on sale for $7.49. That's damn good. Spec Ops for $6+this deal for $7.50 is cheaper than the Deep Sea Bundle I got...

Are the deluxe edition extras worth the additional $2.50?

Same question for Brotherhood

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#2833 G_freemanX

G_freemanX

HAF LAFE 3 pls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, will it be offers on PC downloads for Halloween??, games like Dead Island, The Darkness II, Metro 2033, something like that?

#2834 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, will it be offers on PC downloads for Halloween??, games like Dead Island, The Darkness II, Metro 2033, something like that?

+1 to this, i would love to pick up Dead Island and The Darkness II as well.

Tretton.png

#2835 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

We need a sell on Dark Souls. Screw all those games that go on sell every 3 days for $5 anyway

#2836 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

Even a sale on Demon's Souls would be nice

#2837 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

We need a sell on Dark Souls. Screw all those games that go on sell every 3 days for $5 anyway

How does Dark Souls for $20 sound to you guys? I'll make the bold prediction it will happen in a couple of weeks!

#2838 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Tony already said Dark Souls PTD would be on sale for $20 on November, no specific day was mentioned though but it is coming

AnQAzfm.png

#2839 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

AC2 is the one of the first Ubi games to require Uplay.
If you install the game, UPlay should notice it...

So then will you be able to DL and play the entire game from the UPlay client?

I bought Battlestations Pacific for Steam a while back which requires GFWL but the actual game doesn't register to GFWL, I'm wondering if this will be similar.

Thanks

#2840 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Tony already said Dark Souls PTD would be on sale for $20 on November, no specific day was mentioned though but it is coming

Technically, he said "in a couple of weeks" and not November. Its ambiguous enough that he could post it on Oct 31st, although that's a long shot and Tony doesn't usually hide the ball like that.

#2841 60fps

60fps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

So then will you be able to DL and play the entire game from the UPlay client?

I bought Battlestations Pacific for Steam a while back which requires GFWL but the actual game doesn't register to GFWL, I'm wondering if this will be similar.

Thanks

My AC2 doesn't get detected by UPlay unless I launch it from Steam. I don't think Steam UBI games work outside of Steam.

#2842 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

My AC2 doesn't get detected by UPlay unless I launch it from Steam. I don't think Steam UBI games work outside of Steam.

They don't in my experience.

The newer Ubi games require Uplay but AFAIK there is no way to register your key in the UPlay client to redownload from there like you can with Steam or Origin. I would imagine it's the same if you get them from Amazon or where ever.

I'm pretty sure if you ever need to re-download those games again it will have to happen from where ever you bought it from, at least at this point.

#2843 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Tony,

Gamestop has a few games on sale and was wanting to see about a price match:

http://www.impulsedr...asc/region-only

Some I'm interested in:
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Alien Vs Predator: $3.74
Metro 2033: $4.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49
Dead Island GoTY: $9.99
Dark Souls: $26.76

Any chance? I hate buying game downloads from Gamestop because (like the titles above which all require Steam) you have to install their app before you can get the serial numbers to register. Thanks!

#2844 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Tony,

Gamestop has a few games on sale and was wanting to see about a price match:

http://www.impulsedr...asc/region-only

Some I'm interested in:
The Walking Dead: $14.99
Alien Vs Predator: $3.74
Metro 2033: $4.99
Alan Wake American Nightmare: $7.49
Dead Island GoTY: $9.99
Dark Souls: $26.76

Any chance? I hate buying game downloads from Gamestop because (like the titles above which all require Steam) you have to install their app before you can get the serial numbers to register. Thanks!

So you know, Dark Souls PTD on Amazon DVG is going to hit $20 soon.
We don't know when, but it's coming...

#2845 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Call of Duty®: Black Ops for $20 also
http://www.impulsedr...260#prettyPhoto

#2846 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

I wound up buying a new video card which got me into that AMD game bundle deal. As a result, I have my unused Amazon Hitman: Absolution $5 credit available if someone plans on ordering the game.

#2847 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??

#2848 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Interested in Bioshock 1 and 2. Amazon reviews say there's alot of problems and it has Securom + Steam + Windows Live. Anyone on CAG have any experience with it recently??

I only ran into an issue with bioshock 1, and it had to do with resolution, I fixed it but can't remember how. But I have had no issues with drm.

#2849 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

FYI $20 Dark Souls Starts Sunday.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames