Photo
- - - - -

Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18397 replies to this topic

#2911 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I have an account over there, but I hardly ever post. It just fees like it's way too easy to get banned over there. It makes me afraid to post.

#2912 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Lots of GAF members in here today :P

It's where the Tony-action is!

#2913 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have an account over there, but I hardly ever post. It just fees like it's way too easy to get banned over there. It makes me afraid to post.

Don't sweat it. Just don't talk about rape, wishing harm upon others, mocking any of the mods, being a PR bot, etc. and you'll be fine. I just stick to game discussions and Steam.

#2914 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.

I knew you were gone but never researched the reason.

#2915 cheech794

cheech794

Has never been to cuba

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well now I have a definitive place to find him :P

#2916 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Don't sweat it. Just don't talk about rape, wishing harm upon others, mocking any of the mods, being a PR bot, etc. and you'll be fine. I just stick to game discussions and Steam.

I'm not a PR arm for GAF but mocking anyone (pending the candor) is not endorsed. Mod or not, judgement will come fairly. Everything else stands as it is in the TOS. Unfortunate spot for Tony but it was a fair ban considering how impartial GAF wants to be. We don't get paid for doing much but are also expected to be proffesional and unbiased. The rules laid there make it easy to spot fanboys as well. I like that and I like swift punishment for members who can't carry an opinion without slant.

I'm deviating from the main point. You'll be fine Tony. I wouldn't really bring that here either though (your idea from the GAF thread). Just some advice.

#2917 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

hey Tony, is the Doctor Who bundle still coming this week?

If not this week, early next, shooting for tomorrow though.

It's the sanctioned thread for a particular game. The "Official Thread". Not official in an endorsed way. Sorry to hear you go Tony. Don't sweat it though but if you read what I posted in the Amazon deals thread on GAF, it seems unlike you to make a thread like that. The timing was not right. Especially if you read that journalism scandal thread with a lot of heat there today.

Lol my account wasn't hacked, I guess I just grossly misjudged how to interact with the 'Gaf community. Unfortunately, although I'd love to, I don't read every thread/blog every day so I was unaware of the other thread.

That being said, my thread was nothing like the article posted about "scummy marketing". I saw a community who loves talking about games, so much so that they've codified how to talk about new games (OT's) and I thought "man it would be really cool to get these guys early/better access to assets/graphics/interviews with the developers, etc."...there are always tons of "why does the game have this mechanic, or will the game do this" conversations in OTs. It thought it would be cool for those questions to be answered...apparently not.

Like others have commented though, between Nelo and Wario I'm sure 'Gaffers will find our deals, they'll just have to hunt me down in other places to ask questions about them.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#2918 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Frankly, I think Evilore gets off on banning high-profile users. His loss, our gain. MOAR TONY!

#2919 KholdGAF

KholdGAF

Will just have to use my cag account more. Oh well.

#2920 Enron

Enron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If you talk to any of the guys on the 'Gaf forum let them know they'll have to route their questions through CAG I guess.

Cheers,
Tony

Uhm, no. Posting for a banned poster is a good way to get perm'd.

#2921 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hope they lift your ban one day, Tony.

#2922 Rain_1

Rain_1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Hey, maybe I should finally add CAG to my daily forum visits, right?

Time to dust off my account.

#2923 ParticleReality

ParticleReality

The Best Mayne, I deed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Totally my bad, I didn't read the rules about OTs. Even if I had though, I read the spirit of them as: "We don't want people pretending to be normal gamers but actually affiliated with the games posting how awesome their games are in our forums".

You're absolutely right about this. Maybe if Amazon was cutting off a little coin to Tyler, you two could have worked something out privately. Because as it goes, it's alright to be a disgusting shill as long as nobody catches on to you being paid to do so.

Don't sweat it. From what I could tell, they weren't even happy with just your deals. Always demanding things from you and generally being assholes.

Welcome to the club. I was officially banned for linking to the NeoGaf IRC room.
It's a site run by a single tremendous asshole. If you look back 2-3 years on old threads, a MAJORITY of the users posting are banned. Period.

For every one good poster, 10 more will take their place and keep those extended vacations of his rolling.

Oh and didn't you post on evilbore? Do you still do so?

#2924 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

I knew you were gone but never researched the reason.

Oh, it was a fun story. The summary is he changed my ban behind my back while we were talking about a peaceful resolution to an unrelated issue.

Frankly, I think Evilore gets off on banning high-profile users. His loss, our gain. MOAR TONY!

Oh, it's ALL a powertrip. Especially when those people beg to be let back in under new usernames. And get banned again. He loves giving special treatment and taking it away.

#2925 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'm not a PR arm for GAF but mocking anyone (pending the candor) is not endorsed. Mod or not, judgement will come fairly. Everything else stands as it is in the TOS. Unfortunate spot for Tony but it was a fair ban considering how impartial GAF wants to be. We don't get paid for doing much but are also expected to be proffesional and unbiased. The rules laid there make it easy to spot fanboys as well. I like that and I like swift punishment for members who can't carry an opinion without slant.

I'm deviating from the main point. You'll be fine Tony. I wouldn't really bring that here either though (your idea from the GAF thread). Just some advice.

Not to split hairs here but, as a professional, we generally talk to one another about things.

Totally acknowledging that I should have read the rules about OT, this was not professional lol.

Thanks Cheapy :).

Will just have to use my cag account more. Oh well.

Yay!

Uhm, no. Posting for a banned poster is a good way to get perm'd.

Oh whoops, didn't know that, I'll edit this post.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2926 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I kind of get what you're saying but the rules on GAF are pretty stringent man. I like this place for different reasons but I would also question the interests of certain parties involved if they were getting some kind of special treatment, information, or even prized, in order to make an OT of some sort.

I think if the rules are stated clearly enough (as they are in the GAF TOS), you will understand that the band was justified. It's not PR and personally, that's what makes GAF a damn good place. It's much better than it even was 3-4 years ago thanks to the moderation.

#2927 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Team Tony reporting in.
Posted Image

#2928 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

That smug elf banned the T-Man forever? friggin GAF!!

#2929 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

That smug elf banned the T-Man forever? friggin GAF!!

I'm going to suggest taking the mature route and not getting personal in this. Tony is handling it like a pro and so should you. I don't see Evilore openly spitting on Tony while he's down (banned). It's done. Time to move on. Tony still exists and he will move on.

#2930 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

you will understand that the band was justified.

Creed, on the other hand, was a band that was never justified.

#2931 LiquidMetal14

LiquidMetal14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Creed, on the other hand, was a band that was never justified.

Ok, you got me you little bastard lol

#2932 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Tony is handling it like a pro and so should you.

Luckily, I'm a rank amateur and not a pro. Neener, neener, GAF smells! :lol::booty::lol:

#2933 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

GAF sounds pretty lame. Never been on it, and I don't think I ever will. The whole worrying about some asshole banning me for no reason thing doesn't sound too appealing.

#2934 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Gamestop price match Tony?

#2935 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Gamestop price match Tony?

Negative ghostrider, we have many of those planned for the future or just ran them. Example, Dead Souls this Sunday, Walking Dead was like 1.5 weeks ago at the same price and will be again close to Halloween.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2936 Zat

Zat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Well, I suppose now I won't feel like keeping my eye on the threads on both forums as I have in the past. And I would've completely understood a temporary ban, but it being permanent is simply hilarious; GAF is a funny place.

In any case, Tony, you rule. Keep up the good work. :)

#2937 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Negative ghostrider, we have many of those planned for the future or just ran them. Example, Dead Souls this Sunday, Walking Dead was like 1.5 weeks ago at the same price and will be again close to Halloween.

Cheers,
Tony

Ok, holding out for Walking Dead. Thanks.

#2938 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Sorry, I missed this part of the post.

Two of the things I've really come to love about CAG:

1. The community here is (ironically) more open to discussion and interaction with me regarding the VG industry outside of "this deal is happening now". We talk about trends, why decisions are made the way they are, etc. etc. ad nauseam.

2. Cheapy and I talk pretty often, he'd do me the courtesy of dropping me an email, phone call, PM, postcard, or some such contact before banning me.

For context guys, and I'll let you all discuss whether or not you think this would be vilified here on CAG, I made a thread asking if anyone makes these threads called "OTs" on Neogaf would be interested in getting in touch with publishers while they are making them so they could get legit assets like videos, screenshots, developer diaries, interviews or Q&As with studio types.

I did so completely transparently as an Amazon employee and specifically noted "if this isn't cool I'll just delete the thread".

What do you think CAG's response would be to that post?

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#2939 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Makes me hate that site even more. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#2940 r4itolol

r4itolol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just let it go, there's seriously no point in dwelling on what's happened