Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#1 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Heard from a rep that PS2 games are going on sale this Friday. Supposingly all 99 cents PS2 games will be 5 for a $1 and all 3.99 ones are buy 2 get 2 free.

#2 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

I would not be surprised as they will stop selling all or at the very least almost all PS2 games in the very near future. They might as well get what they can because I know they will be destroying a lot of these games afterward (the games that will never sell).

#3 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Makes sense, they shipped off all the PS2 systems they had at all our local stores.

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:19 AM

All the games that are $1-3 are junk anyway...even if they are down to 20-25 cents a piece who would want them?

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

They need to just have a b2g2 on all ps2 games

I promise ill clean house el hoardo style

#6 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Well if true look at it this way. Any PS2 game get 25 cent base at best buy ;-)

#7 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Surprised Gamestops even still have PS2 games ... have to think by this time all the good games are pretty much gone (or in absolutely abysmal condition).

#8 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

You mean I can have 5 madden games for just $1? What a steal!
Posted Image

#9 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Well if true look at it this way. Any PS2 game get 25 cent base at best buy ;-)

Damn trade in hundreds of PS2 games to make $20
You win life.

#10 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

hope this is actually in-stores, my store has a ton of PS2 games... wouldnt mind picking up some old kingdom hearts and naruto games haha

#11 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

If its true, a small part of me wants to go in and buy everY madden in a paper sleeve that they have just to see if the store wins some sort of award for moving them.

#12 Outrun9

Outrun9

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

Man I thought this was for the console. I would definately get one to just hold on to it

Yeah I would also like to get me another ps2, I've been waiting for them to drop the price on these ps2 systems

#13 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Damn trade in hundreds of PS2 games to make $20
You win life.

Well 20 cents would make you 53 cents at BB. More of a joke than serious, but 50 games a $10 investment makes $26.50. Of course you'll be standing at bestbuy for an hour doing the trade ;-)

#14 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Well 20 cents would make you 53 cents at BB. More of a joke than serious, but 50 games a $10 investment makes $26.50. Of course you'll be standing at bestbuy for an hour doing the trade ;-)

And that is how a BBY ban begins. :)

#15 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

My gamestop acaually has tons of good ps2 games in the cases. I really hope there is a b2g2.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#16 QuantumTunnelRat

QuantumTunnelRat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

I actually thought about re-buying a PS2 for a while to replay some of the classics...but it appears that Sony is putting a nail in that coffin by re-releasing all of the PS2 games there were worth owning...in time. Once I heard FFX was coming to PS3 (http://www.gameinfor...3-and-vita.aspx)...that was the end of my want for a PS2.

#17 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

I don't know... I know of a MMX collection that would like damn nice in my collection if my ps2 wasn't dead

#18 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

it drives me nuts that they still sell semi rare PS2 games for their ebay price. you're a damn retailer, sell it for a normal retail price and get it out of your store. Those $40-50 RPGs are just sitting there not being bought because its not worth it. I saw ICO for PS2 there for $30.. really... I can get the HD collection for $20. Theyre not in the business of selling to video game collectors so why the high prices? boggles the mind. I miss Gamne crazy where I used to work. If rare games came in we sold them cheap. Ico was at $10, CvS2 was at $15, MvC2 was at $30 (when it was a $60 ebay game at the time before the XBLA version came out), etc..etc.. The only plus to gamestop is they oddly drop PSP rpgs to dirt cheap prices all the time.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#19 kerbacious

kerbacious

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

Omg lol

#20 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

it drives me nuts that they still sell semi rare PS2 games for their ebay price. you're a damn retailer, sell it for a normal retail price and get it out of your store. Those $40-50 RPGs are just sitting there not being bought because its not worth it. I saw ICO for PS2 there for $30.. really... I can get the HD collection for $20. Theyre not in the business of selling to video game collectors so why the high prices? boggles the mind. I miss Gamne crazy where I used to work. If rare games came in we sold them cheap. Ico was at $10, CvS2 was at $15, MvC2 was at $30 (when it was a $60 ebay game at the time before the XBLA version came out), etc..etc.. The only plus to gamestop is they oddly drop PSP rpgs to dirt cheap prices all the time.

Then just get the HD and be done with it!

#21 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Thats vey specific price wise.. Welp I'll go pick up 4 copies of DMC1

#22 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Would be nice and all if there were any GameStops near me that either had PS2 games at all or PS2 games with their original cases.

#23 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

In for 70 copies of Madden 03.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#24 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Then just get the HD and be done with it!

heh heh no no I wasnt saying for me, I was just saying in general,s elling ico for $30 in a retail market isnt worht the timeor shelf space. I collect video games, I own Ico, shadow of the colossus, and the HD combo pack. But there's other random games there that I am anxious to get, then see "$40" and im like what the hell. I do enjoy finding random stores that sell them for reasonable prices but tougher for PS2 era.

As a game colleector it sucks because I have over 2400 video games... i didnt get them all by paying full or near full price thats for DAMN sure. So im always looking for right time kind of deals. If they do a b2g2, then its not as bad cuz I could pay like $60 and get four $30 games, but at any non-sale time, its pointless.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#25 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Bah, could have used a B2G2 sale two weeks ago. And GS's PS2 games are a freaking mess.

All the discs at my store are the refurbished ones, so they look like shit.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#26 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

nice, I will try to get some Singstar games if real.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#27 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hmmm, I thought GameStop was considering selling older games (SNES, Genesis, etc) to drum up more business. But then again, the PS2 was only last generation.

#28 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Surprised Gamestops even still have PS2 games ... have to think by this time all the good games are pretty much gone (or in absolutely abysmal condition).

True except I keep getting lucky, I just got a case (black) for kingdom hearts.. they didn't have they disc, but my gf did

#29 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Good PS2 games are 6-17 dollars so this sale sucks

#30 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Unfortunately there aren't really any PS2 games that Gamestops around me carrry that I want that are $1-$3 anyways.

Now a B2G2 on ALL PS2 titles, that might be worth some effort to drive around town lol. They had that deal a while back and I cleared out most of the stores in the area of games I wanted or ones that I could flip online, but I noticed some stores got in more stock (presumably from other area stores).