Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

I would not be surprised as they will stop selling all or at the very least almost all PS2 games in the very near future. They might as well get what they can because I know they will be destroying a lot of these games afterward (the games that will never sell).

[quote name='ral1121']Did he wink and put a finger over his lips?[/QUOTE]

Hah, that's still funny. Greatest CAG inside joke of the year.

I find it amusing that Gamestop sees no value in keeping DS cases due to space, yet they feel it's worth the headache to sell 20cent PS2 games that no one wants...

Surprised Gamestops even still have PS2 games ... have to think by this time all the good games are pretty much gone (or in absolutely abysmal condition).

[quote name='MRW2276']Well if true look at it this way. Any PS2 game get 25 cent base at best buy ;-)[/QUOTE]

Damn trade in hundreds of PS2 games to make $20
You win life.

hope this is actually in-stores, my store has a ton of PS2 games... wouldnt mind picking up some old kingdom hearts and naruto games haha

If its true, a small part of me wants to go in and buy everY madden in a paper sleeve that they have just to see if the store wins some sort of award for moving them.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Man I thought this was for the console. I would definately get one to just hold on to it[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would also like to get me another ps2, I've been waiting for them to drop the price on these ps2 systems

[quote name='akir']Damn trade in hundreds of PS2 games to make $20
You win life.[/QUOTE]

Well 20 cents would make you 53 cents at BB. More of a joke than serious, but 50 games a $10 investment makes $26.50. Of course you'll be standing at bestbuy for an hour doing the trade ;-)

[quote name='MRW2276']Well 20 cents would make you 53 cents at BB. More of a joke than serious, but 50 games a $10 investment makes $26.50. Of course you'll be standing at bestbuy for an hour doing the trade ;-)[/QUOTE]

And that is how a BBY ban begins. :)

[quote name='Kerig']Hah, that's still funny. Greatest CAG inside joke of the year.

I find it amusing that Gamestop sees no value in keeping DS cases due to space, yet they feel it's worth the headache to sell 20cent PS2 games that no one wants...[/QUOTE]

Someone point me to the thread with said joke.

I don't know... I know of a MMX collection that would like damn nice in my collection if my ps2 wasn't dead

it drives me nuts that they still sell semi rare PS2 games for their ebay price. you're a damn retailer, sell it for a normal retail price and get it out of your store. Those $40-50 RPGs are just sitting there not being bought because its not worth it. I saw ICO for PS2 there for $30.. really... I can get the HD collection for $20. Theyre not in the business of selling to video game collectors so why the high prices? boggles the mind. I miss Gamne crazy where I used to work. If rare games came in we sold them cheap. Ico was at $10, CvS2 was at $15, MvC2 was at $30 (when it was a $60 ebay game at the time before the XBLA version came out), etc..etc.. The only plus to gamestop is they oddly drop PSP rpgs to dirt cheap prices all the time.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']it drives me nuts that they still sell semi rare PS2 games for their ebay price. you're a damn retailer, sell it for a normal retail price and get it out of your store. Those $40-50 RPGs are just sitting there not being bought because its not worth it. I saw ICO for PS2 there for $30.. really... I can get the HD collection for $20. Theyre not in the business of selling to video game collectors so why the high prices? boggles the mind. I miss Gamne crazy where I used to work. If rare games came in we sold them cheap. Ico was at $10, CvS2 was at $15, MvC2 was at $30 (when it was a $60 ebay game at the time before the XBLA version came out), etc..etc.. The only plus to gamestop is they oddly drop PSP rpgs to dirt cheap prices all the time.[/QUOTE]Then just get the HD and be done with it!

That wasn't funny the first time, it wasn't funny the next million times, it isn't funny now.

[quote name='Kerig']Hah, that's still funny. Greatest CAG inside joke of the year.[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. It's a terrible joke. Absolute base humor.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']loooooooooooooooooooooooooool :applause:[/QUOTE]

Don't encourage them.

[quote name='Fukurou']That wasn't funny the first time, it wasn't funny the next million times, it isn't funny now.

Don't encourage them.[/QUOTE]

yes it was, yes it is and why not?

[quote name='Fukurou']That wasn't funny the first time, it wasn't funny the next million times, it isn't funny now.

Remove the stick and any other foreign objects from your ass then try again. It gets better afterward!

[quote name='Fukurou']That wasn't funny the first time, it wasn't funny the next million times, it isn't funny now..[/QUOTE]

First time I saw this joke and it's funny as hell to me.

[quote name='Paco']First time I saw this joke and it's funny as hell to me.[/QUOTE]

Dude I named my chihuahua that I got the other week paco lol I didn't know my dog was a CAG also

Someone go buy all those $1 game during the sale and once you've checked out just hand them back to the cashier and ask them to throw them away. Or better yet, use them to "make it rain" on someone shopping there.

Would be nice and all if there were any GameStops near me that either had PS2 games at all or PS2 games with their original cases.

Glad you're here to tell us what is and isnt funny, otherwise I would have been lost without your guidance. Plus, your account was regsitered this month, wtf are you doing telling people here what to do?

Seriously though, as soon as I read the title thread my first thought was about that original thread and story.

Go home, noob.

You must be new here.

[quote name='BowserG']You must be new here.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe he was the worker in the original story?

[quote name='k1ngster']Then just get the HD and be done with it![/QUOTE]
heh heh no no I wasnt saying for me, I was just saying in general,s elling ico for $30 in a retail market isnt worht the timeor shelf space. I collect video games, I own Ico, shadow of the colossus, and the HD combo pack. But there's other random games there that I am anxious to get, then see "$40" and im like what the hell. I do enjoy finding random stores that sell them for reasonable prices but tougher for PS2 era.

As a game colleector it sucks because I have over 2400 video games... i didnt get them all by paying full or near full price thats for DAMN sure. So im always looking for right time kind of deals. If they do a b2g2, then its not as bad cuz I could pay like $60 and get four $30 games, but at any non-sale time, its pointless.

Bah, could have used a B2G2 sale two weeks ago. And GS's PS2 games are a freaking mess.

All the discs at my store are the refurbished ones, so they look like shit.

lol, it wants you! RRRRRRUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN or stay... whatever you feel comfortable with.

You weren't even registered for the first time this joke bestowed CAG you little troll.

bread's done
Back