Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#301 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Actually, 4 back.. I spent 8 and if I rebuy the games I already have it would be $4 for the 40 games.

And on the games, all of the ones I have picked up so far, not a single one has been a sports game. I asked them to print a list of all ps2 games in stock so I was able to easily find the ones I wanted. If I respend the $4 I might get back, I will probably get some sports games. But my second run through of the list hasn't been too many sports still.

argh my bad i misread your post.

no sports games?
hard to do! lol
the clocktower plaza store near me, thats all there is.
but living in queens i have about 15 stores nearby.

for sports i try to get the best companys game for each sport.

i cleared football, baseball and basketball.
next i will just get the best overall soccer and tennis game.

#302 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

http://www.gamestop.com/deals

its on of the scrolling deals graphics at the top.
3rd or 4th one.

yeah im not seeing the scrolling deals my browser must be f'ing up

#303 kamakazi5

kamakazi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I know in store discs are in sleeves but do they send them them in sleeves online as well?
My games/what I'm playing - www.backloggery.com/kamakazi5

#304 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Damnit, it is live. Looks like I will make a trip to Gamestop to re-turn / re-buy my games and get more. =/

I've never actually returned games to Gamestop before to re-buy for a better deal. Are the associates a pain in the a$$ doing this? I can imagine they might be...

r they pains? well they DID let you buy those without telling you a better deal was on the way.

the girl that told me about it told me days ago. so they know.

do it.
i am.
:)

#305 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

#306 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Are you using chrome? Gamestop's website hasn't been loading for me right for a while.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#307 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Has anyone been having trouble getting GS' site to issue Pickup@Store requests? It was working fine for me a couple days ago but now when I try to send a request, it gets stuck on the "Submitting..." portion for eternity.

#308 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Has anyone been having trouble getting GS' site to issue Pickup@Store requests? It was working fine for me a couple days ago but now when I try to send a request, it gets stuck on the "Submitting..." portion for eternity.

That only happens to me if I've already placed two PickUp@Store requests, though maybe that lasts for a short while past doing the pickups.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#309 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

got 3 to go through before it crashed

#310 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've already purchased just about every .99 game I'm interested that was located nearby >.>

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#311 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

its time to get my flip flow goin again !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#312 Stuffed

Stuffed

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I've already purchased just about every .99 game I'm interested that was located nearby >.>

Yeah I second that. I can't even imagine finding anywhere close to ten more games at that price I'd want to get.

#313 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

They should just lower the price of all their disc-only PS2 games to 99 cents already.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#314 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

They should just lower the price of all their disc-only PS2 games to 99 cents already.

this

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#315 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

That would definitely be the better option. Currently I can't be bother to take the trip since I feel I've played all the PS2 games I ever felt I wanted to play. If they were all 10 for $1 then I'd go into hoard mode.
Posted Image

#316 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

More drops have to be coming beyond this. A further deal a week later means they aren't seeing the stock move. I'm thinking 75 percent off on all like they did with gba. It's the only way they'll move more stock.

#317 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm not sure the promotion will even ring up correctly. The ad shows correctly on the front page, but when you click it, it still says buy 5 for $1. So those of you actually looking to return and rebuy to get your $1 back might want to rethink that.

#318 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm not sure the promotion will even ring up correctly. The ad shows correctly on the front page, but when you click it, it still says buy 5 for $1. So those of you actually looking to return and rebuy to get your $1 back might want to rethink that.

I just got back from the GS here and I can confirm it's 10-for-$1 on those now. I tried getting a printout but they said their printer was broken, so cue me digging around their disorganized bins for 45 minutes.

$0.99 games
Okage: Shadow King
Portal Runner
Project Eden
Sky Odyssey
Sled Storm
Sphinx and the Mummy's Curse
State of Emergency
Strike Force Bowling
Top Angler
World Destruction League: War Jetz

B2G2s (all $1.99)
Activision Anthology
Arena Football: Road to Glory
Bard's Tale
Mark of Kri

#319 slainviper

slainviper

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Picked up, all disk only:
King's Field: The Ancient City
Everblue 2
Siren
R-Type Final

Looked those up online. Guy said he couldn't print out a list because it was like 25 pages long and I definitely didn't want to sift through all the disks, so I didn't pick up any 10/$1 games.

#320 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

I grabbed 20 more today for less than $2.

Ran out of things to buy at 14 so just bought 6 copies of MOH: Frontline as filler.

Anyone think a giveaway on ThumbstickGamer.com would get much of a response?

540841.png

#321 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I wonder how long the 10 for 1 will go for.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#322 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

I wonder how long the 10 for 1 will go for.

till october 7th

#323 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

till october 7th

Awesome. Thanks!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#324 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

got 3 to go through before it crashed

You can only have up to 3 active at a time.

Workin on it

#325 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I just stopped by a slightly out of my way GS. It was slim pickings for the 10 for $1, so I passed.

Did get Front Mission 4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Syphon Filter, and Rumble Roses.

I am just about done with this sale at this price point lol.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#326 Stuffed

Stuffed

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah this sale is tiring. For all those wondering about getting a list of games in stock the employees have a way of printing it on the receipt paper. I've seen stores that have those crazy booklets full of pages, but one of them that didn't have that printed it out this way. It was an empty store with a fun, curious employee who wanted to see the list for himself, it only came out to about 6 feet or so!

#327 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I know what you mean. When I went for my games, I was at the store for almost an hour and a half. I'm kinda glad I kept it to one store.

#328 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

I finally found Silpheed and Crimson Tears, but they're at different stores. :sad:

Batsugunner.png

#329 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Man wish they'd start dropping stuff on the higher priced games, I managed to find a store that has Haunting Ground (with case too!) Reserved it and am picking it up tomorrow, maybe I can find some of the cheaper stuff if it's not all been yanked up (hopefully I can find Siren too).

#330 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

I know, I found a complete PaRappa 2 and I'm so tempted to use by b2g1 coupon since I've nothing else to want. But I'm afraid and wishing that it would go down from $6.

Batsugunner.png