• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#391 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Until the 7th

Thanks olengue, Is the b2g2 free also live?

#392 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Checked my store and they had a ton of PS2 games (disk only) but the only games eligible for the 10 for $1 were sports games. Oh well.
Posted Image

#393 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Thanks olengue, Is the b2g2 free also live?

Its Olengie. :lol: And yes. Until the 7th.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#394 Jhuntley

Jhuntley

Is not a robot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

The only cheap games around me that I'd want are Okage and Marc Ecko Getting Up. That's honestly not worth the gas for me. Anyone know when they are going to have the "real" firesale? I've been eying the Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games for a minute now.
My Favorite Games of This Gen: Alan Wake series, Call of Duty series, Shadows of the Damned, Saints Row III
My Most Hated Games This Gen: Battlefield series, Uncharted series
Posted Image

#395 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Everyone is hoping for a second tier sale come Monday. No news yet though.

#396 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Stopped by my GS today since they finally got in a copy of Silpheed: The Lost Planet from another store and ended up grabbing a couple random things I found quickly for the 10-for-$1 deal.

Aggressive Inline
Choro Q
Fantavision
Freestyle Metal X
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Freekstyle
Hard Hitter Tennis
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
Silpheed: The Lost Planet

I asked the guy I know there well enough if any more deals were planned after this week. He said the 10-for-$1 was going on "for a while" but that's all I could get out of him.

#397 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just fyi, Sunday is the final day. Come Monday morning, all remaining .99 games are to be destroyed and tossed into trash. All 1-3.99 games are to be shipped back to warehouse as defective. so eat while you can, its over

#398 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I have brought around 200 99 cent games and im going for more !!!!
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#399 tom523

tom523

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Its Olengie. :lol: And yes. Until the 7th.

I was told at my local Gamestop the deal was ongoing until they got rid of their PS2 games. Has anyone else heard this?

#400 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

That sucks, I was going to get Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2, but I can't find the time within two days. All those poor gems gone... only to be reobtained with 3.99 shipping. :(

Looks like I'll make one trip to my local Gamestop and get some Dynasty Tactics.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#401 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

I was told by GameStop that the b2g2 and the 10 for $1 sale don't stack, is this true?

#402 dagame92

dagame92

Raider Nation Citizen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Just fyi, Sunday is the final day. Come Monday morning, all remaining .99 games are to be destroyed and tossed into trash. All 1-3.99 games are to be shipped back to warehouse as defective. so eat while you can, its over

Not to sound like a dick, but how do you know this?

#403 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I can confirm the $.99 games as I was just in my local GS and told this. Not sure about the $2-$4 games though.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#404 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

I read the email at work earlier today

#405 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Also almost all of the $.99 games are gone from the GS website.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#406 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

I was told at my local Gamestop the deal was ongoing until they got rid of their PS2 games. Has anyone else heard this?

Went to 2 more today to pick through what they had and both places said trashed after Monday. One though just marked all sleeve games to .99 so got some "rarer" stuff P4 and P3 as well as all Jak games and DMC games. Figure since I have them they will go to the boys/girls club in town for tax write off.

Kamagii.png

#407 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Went to 2 more today to pick through what they had and both places said trashed after Monday. One though just marked all sleeve games to .99 so got some "rarer" stuff P4 and P3 as well as all Jak games and DMC games. Figure since I have them they will go to the boys/girls club in town for tax write off.

nice guy he was.
I think gamestop should 99 cent all these bad boys.
and also, they should just give the 99 centers away to loyal ps2 buyers instead of just junking them.

#408 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Wow I wonder if they will really pitch them all. I wonder if they could take a flat offer for whatever they were going to junk.

#409 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Or they can just donate all 99c games to Goodwill or a local Boys/Girls Club. It'll be a sheer waste to destroy them. But let's not talk about wasteful it is. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#410 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Or they can just donate all 99c games to Goodwill or a local Boys/Girls Club. It'll be a sheer waste to destroy them. But let's not talk about wasteful it is. :lol:

GameStop would never do that, they have evil souls

#411 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

Seriously?:bomb:Dammit. I haven't managed to swing by one of the stores with Airblade yet to grab a copy. Oh well. I guess I know where I'm going tomorrow afternoon or so.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#412 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

Looks like I'm hitting up gs after work.

#413 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

btw, my haul: 264 games total! I'm not done yet either...... Everyone will enjoy Christmas this year if I have any say in it

#414 SpaceGhost2K

SpaceGhost2K

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

Monday night at the RE6 midnight launch, they had PS2 games .99 and under, for ten for one dollar. I got sixty games for six bucks. No duplicates. No EA Sports. Matrix, Naruto, Eternal Ring, a number of racers. Hey, if there's one game in there worth six bucks, it was a deal. Also grabbed Soul Calibur II for $2.99 as part of their buy 2 get 2 free deal for $3.99 and under.

#415 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wow I wonder if they will really pitch them all. I wonder if they could take a flat offer for whatever they were going to junk.

Depends on the employees and your relationship with the employees. By the book employees will smash them/toss them, no exceptions because GS told them to. Ones a little easier going will have no problem with you being the garbage can since the end result is essentially the same. If you are a constant customer, they would be more apt to give them to you too.

Going to try my luck at one store that had about 200 loose discs that I stop at once a week. I'll take loose if they're free.

#416 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Got to watch the way they ring the games up but I was able to get 3 stacks of 10 for 1 dollar games at one store along with buy 2 get 2 free, the store manager easily messed up and rang up several of the same games twice. At least he was able to fix it but that Gamestop was on the furthest side of town. My mall store and the store by my house, I pretty much wiped out all I could find, leaving most of the sports games to sit. Will add a list later, I have very few duplicates in my stack as well.

#417 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Went to the store for my last purchase on this deal:
Dynasty Tactics
Lupin III
Lumines Plus
Gungriffon Blaze.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#418 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

After 300 + games later im finally done with this sale. Goodbye 99 cent flips, ill miss you
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#419 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Local store had nothing worth raving about. :( picked up: Metal Gear Solid 2, Project Eden, Rebel Raiders(ugh), Medal of Honor Frontline, Socom II, Ace Combat 4, Power Drome, and random sports crap.

#420 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I refuse to believe that they had Persona 4 and Persona 3 for .99