• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#421 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I refuse to believe that they had Persona 4 and Persona 3 for .99

wasnt .99 cents but was sleeve only and guy didn't give 2 shits because I was a regular on top of it having no price to begin with just barecode.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#422 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hope he gets fired, a game like that should never be sleeve only. That has to be one lazy gamestop

#423 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Here's my list of what I bought (this is to keep)

Spoiler

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#424 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hope he gets fired, a game like that should never be sleeve only. That has to be one lazy gamestop

They do take disc only trade-ins and they tend to pitch cases that are empty so they would most likely only have a sleeve to put a game in....

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#425 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Today is the last day.

#426 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

You can still go today.

Clean them out!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#427 Dawg Pound

Dawg Pound

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'll make a trip after the Browns game. Hopefully there are a few worth buying left.

#428 BillsSabresFan26

BillsSabresFan26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.

#429 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Alright, I spent 15.97 (with tax) on 38 games! You might ask how,right? My GS was doing 10 $0.99 PS2 Games for $1!!!!!!1
I figure $3 on 30 games isn't bad and 13 on the rest is alright XD

Here is what I got for $3:

Spoiler

A lot huh?:D

Then I got:
Spoiler

The guys there had said they had sold only 10 games before I had been there and that if they could they would have given them all to me. XD

Obviously I did good, since most were $0.10, but does anything stick out to you guys?

Hope you guys had as much luck as I think I did!

Also the best part is that the receipt is about 3 feet long:whee:. I win!
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#430 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

When I was checking out the guy there said that this is phase 3 of 5 of the PS2 sale. He said that the next one is any game that is $10 or less will be $4. Then phase 5 is those games in a buy 2, get 2. I asked if they were going to throw out the games after today's sale and he told me this.

Nice investigative reporting sir! :applause:

#431 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

My lady friend wants a copy of final fantasy x (my favorite game of all time !!!!!!) But im not paying 14$ for it. When will it drop in price already ? !!!!!! And why is sotc 14.99 when a used ico/sotc collection is 17.99 ?
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#432 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Very Interesting...I will be on the look out for this. There is some solid games to be picked up at the $4 price point...its just a shame most Gamestops throw out the cases. :roll:

#433 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Now I hope thats true. I can look forward to that!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#434 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Wow...looks like I am gonna be broke as shit.

Gonna go see tomorrow!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#435 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

I'm not going to discount what he said. But the Email from my DM clearly said tomorrow, all games .99 and below are trash, and 3.99 and below are defective ships to the warehouse.

I went to another store and between the SM and I, bought all .99 discs so we can donate them.

#436 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Alright, I spent 15.97 (with tax) on 38 games! You might ask how,right? My GS was doing 10 $0.99 PS2 Games for $1!!!!!!1
I figure $3 on 30 games isn't bad and 13 on the rest is alright XD

Here is what I got for $3:

Spoiler

A lot huh?:D

Then I got:
Spoiler

The guys there had said they had sold only 10 games before I had been there and that if they could they would have given them all to me. XD

Obviously I did good, since most were $0.10, but does anything stick out to you guys?

Hope you guys had as much luck as I think I did!

Also the best part is that the receipt is about 3 feet long:whee:. I win!

Yea......... I really don't understand what you said, but I guess. Congrats, I did well myself with 300 + games for less than $30

#437 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Bought 30 more games that I will probably never play :D

#438 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

So are they throwing out all of the $0.99 :ps2: games after today's sale?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#439 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Very Interesting...I will be on the look out for this. There is some solid games to be picked up at the $4 price point...its just a shame most Gamestops throw out the cases. :roll:

Went today and picked up Tenchu 2, MOH: Pacific and European, and Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2.
I was looking through their 3.99 and up games and they are definitely some good ones to be had in there. I would love to try out the Manhunt series. But I still wouldn't pay $4 a piece for them. Holding out for B2G2 and hopefully better.
Posted Image

#440 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yea......... I really don't understand what you said, but I guess. Congrats, I did well myself with 300 + games for less than $30

What don't you understand?
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#441 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

I hope this isn't the last day, I picked up about 50 titles over the last 4-5 days!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#442 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Of the 74 games I picked up last week, I've traded in 50 of them in to Best Buy for $27 in-store credit and used it to buy the Sept @gamer mag (never got mine that month), Mass Effect 3, and Battlefield 3 (Using coupons).

Came to the realization that a majority of the games were crap and worth more to me being traded in for a couple of better titles. I did keep 24 PS2 games that I felt like might still be worth something.

#443 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

They do take disc only trade-ins and they tend to pitch cases that are empty so they would most likely only have a sleeve to put a game in....

Games as popular as those are suppose to get fake cases put up for them, not thrown in a sleeve only area(easy to steal). I used to work for Gamestop.

#444 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Games as popular as those are suppose to get fake cases put up for them, not thrown in a sleeve only area(easy to steal). I used to work for Gamestop.

All the stores I've hit this weekend had a mix of more expensive games in sleeves as well.

No rhyme or reason, some of the games in cases were under $5.

#445 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ive seen several more expensive game in sleeves nothing in the 30 dollar range mind you, but Ive seen Kingdom Hearts (about $20) in a sleeve before

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#446 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I saw Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 in a sleeve the other day.

Hoping this sale in the morning starts... may swing by at opening to see...
www.vg-force.com

#447 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

I scouted out a bunch of worthwhile games in my area for the $10 and under sale, so I'll probably be picking up a bunch of stuff whenever that starts.

#448 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I asked the guy in my area about them trashing the 99c games on monday...he said he didnt recieve any word to do that from anyone. Even checked the emails to see if one came that talked about that. He said he couldnt find anything. Maybe only some are trashing them? Its suppose to be tomorrow that the trash them...so by the end of the day right?
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#449 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

btw, my haul: 264 games total! I'm not done yet either...... Everyone will enjoy Christmas this year if I have any say in it

if you are donating the games then props to you good sir. just want to give you a shout out.

also is today really the last day for the .99 cents games? i wanted to pick up some of the extreme sports games. those are playable.

#450 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Stopped by 3 Gamestops yesterday and no PS2 games. The website had listings at 2 of them. Oh well. :cry: