Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#241 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Definitely glad I caught wind of this. My PS2 library has been pedantic for the longest time.

$0.99 buys:

Ace Combat 4
Airblade
Dropship: United Peace Force
Enter the Matrix
GoDai: Elemental Force*
Intellivision Lives
Kengo: Master of Bushido
Mad Maestro
Reign of Fire*
Shifter
Taito Legends 1*
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

BG2G stuff (>$0.99):
Extermination
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
King Arthur
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Warriors of Might & Magic*
Nightshade
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Turok: Evolution
Winback

The *'d games are ones I ordered online and am still waiting to arrive, since there weren't any copies available here. Aside from LOTR (which I had a lot of fun doing co-op with when it first came out), I've never played any of these personally but have heard of some of them. It's gonna be fun giving these all a spin and seeing if some of the more budget ones are as bad as I've heard. I'm almost tempted to go back one more time this weekend and comb through the $0.99 ones again, but I can't really see my backlog as it is right now getting exhausted any time soon.

Maybe some $0.99 games I'd recommend to be on the lookout for are Taito Legends 2 (newer compilation of games compared to TL1) and Eternal Ring (PS2 launch title based on the King's Field engine). I picked up both of those before the sale started but I've already gotten a lot of play out of them.

#242 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

:bomb: You found Airblade. I've been looking for that one since I heard about this sale. I almost picked up another 5 pack today from my closest GS(which is also the newest), which would've included Godai: Elemental Forces and Trivial Pursuit Unhinged.

I also saw that Stuntman Ignition is one of the $1.99 games and almost picked that up with The Getaway and two other titles for $4.

But I haven't even tested the 10 I bought the other day.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#243 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

There were several copies of Airblade here. Anything that looks like a more futuristic Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is worth a try in my book.

Checking their site again, there's a couple B2G2s I may yet consider picking up depending on how I feel after this weekend.

In stock here:
Activision Anthology
Bard's Tale
Death by Degrees
Goblin Commander
Onimusha
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Rygar
Wrath Unleashed

And others I'd either have to order online or see if the store here can get in from other places:
Crimson Sea 2
Dragon Rage
Ecco the Dolphin
Rune: Viking Warlord

I probably wouldn't be considering doing all this if I didn't have a bunch of credit sitting there right now, but it's tempting to say the least.

#244 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

I saw a copy of the original Midway Treasures(the one with Rampage on it:D) at the store I hit up last night. It was actually complete for $5.99. Once I get another eRewards gc I may have to look into grabbing a copy of it.

Posted Image

#245 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

I saw a copy of the original Midway Treasures(the one with Rampage on it:D) at the store I hit up last night. It was actually complete for $5.99. Once I get another eRewards gc I may have to look into grabbing a copy of it.

Ha! Speaking of Rampage.....I forgot I have Rampage:Total Destruction:ps2:. Fun game! Haven't played it in forever!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#246 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Rygar
Wrath Unleashed
Dragon Rage
Silent Scope

Just put in an online order for these four, and that's where I'm drawing the line. I promised myself I'd save enough credit for the Ragnarok Odyssey mercenary edition. My backlog gently weeps...

#247 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

lord did i go nuts on this sale.

my 5 for a dollar pick-ups.

lord of the rings two towers [scratched beyond belief, but i fond a replacement, hack n slash fun?]
hunter the reckoning: wayward [Dont know what it was about and was told by a gamestopper that it was like diablo. now i just need someone to tell me what Diablo is about]
fantavision [launch title. still holds up?]
mad maestro [classical music in a rhythm game? sure why not?
vexx [gamestopper told me it was like sly cooper and such, in space]
starsky and hutch [played it before, decent]
mace griffin bounty hunter [used to have it, loved it plus henry rollins supplies the voice. problems anyone?]
run like hell [used to have it, loved it]
future tactics the uprising [hmm]
project snowblind [used to have it, liked it]
project eden [used to have it, loved it]
the great escape [steve mcqueen!]
asb 2005 [love it]
nba 2k6 [love it]
second sight [heard good things]
metropolis mania [oh boy]
mdk 2 armageddon [i asked the gamestopper what was this game about based on the disc cover, he said, "well it looks like it might be some game dealing with armageddon, like the end of the world". ok thanks bro]
giants citizen kabuko [asked the same guy and he said, "well judging by this beast on the cover, you might be having epic battles"
fugitive hunter [osama and saddam!]
no one lives forever [stealthy game, i am down]
stolen [same]
MOH frontline [used to love the franchise on ps1]
mgs 2 [no brainer]
okage [tim burton styled rpg?]
kao kangaroo 2 [20 cents too much?]
reign of fire [dragons.]
hot shots golf 3 [makes the tiger woods games feel like a math exam]
ncaa 06 football [considered the best of all time for college football games]
madden 05 collectors edition [the best]
espn nfl 2k5 [the best?]
espn nhl hockey
espn college hoops 2k5
espn nba 2k5
espn baseball 2k5
mlb slugfest 20-03
lugfest 2006
slugfest loaded
mvp ncaa baseball 06
nba live 2003
nba live 2005

and these from the b2g2, total 9 bucks

deus ex,
hitman 2, [i love this one]
the plan [i dug it back in the day, yes i was the one]
the legend of alon dar [it had the case, so the game was able to lure me into buying it with those bogus promises of unreal gameplay and freedom, whatever, 20 cents]

romance of the three kingdoms vii [for if i ever want to feel like i have no idea what i am doing in a game, and i want it to take 417 hours]
ephemeral fantasia [i dont think i ever heard of this one]
castle shikigami 2 [NEVER heard of this one]
ribbit king [has ANYONE heard of this one? a double disc version? a thought or a rule. no game titled ribbit King should ever have a 2 disc version. or even a 1 disc version]

most of these games i havent even seen a screenshot from let alone played or read a review of, but hey, 20 cents a pop.

i think i am doing ONE more run.

I left behind a Virtua fighter 4 and 69 racing games

still it was fun.
thanks gamestop

Edited by neuroticomic, 30 September 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#248 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

So are these games in a bin or in paper sleeves or what?

#249 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

sleeves

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#250 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I stopped by my local Gamestop to see if they had any decent PS2 stuff left and was told that they have games in back, but they're no longer in the system and they can only be shipped out to other stores. :S

Plus I can't seem to get the deal to work on Gamestop.com.
Is there some kind of promotion/coupon code I need to enter?
I add 4 pre-owned PS2 games to my cart and it takes 10% off each one with my PowerUp card, but there's no mention of the B2G2 (I know the 5 for 99ยข is in-store only).
I think my account it screwed up b/c I get an error whenever I try to checkout too.
Barf. :(
Posted Image

#251 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ha! Speaking of Rampage.....I forgot I have Rampage:Total Destruction:ps2:. Fun game! Haven't played it in forever!

Wasn't that the one where they tried making it so you had more than one row of buildings to annihilate on each level? As it stands, I also have the Arcade Party Pak from PS1 which has Rampage, Klax and some other games on it. I think I only ever really played those two games out of all of them though.:lol:

I saw and left behind Silent Scope 2 at another GS the other day. That too is also a $.99 game. I also saw some Lego Soccer Mania game, but that was a $1.99 title.

Posted Image

#252 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

grabbed five more for a buck.

crouching tiger, hidden dragon
headhunter
blowout
nascar heat 2002
another copy of okage

#253 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Got:
Ridge Racer V -but there was a stain on it and it's broken. :(
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
Winning Eleven 6
Robotech Battlecry
Eternal Ring

Batsugunner.png

#254 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Thinking about getting Shadow of Destiny and Steambot Chronicles. Good games?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#255 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Going to check another GS while I drop my brother off for Confirmation Class.

EDIT: Went, didn't find any. My quest for Metal Arms did not go well. :(

Edited by Olengie, 30 September 2012 - 11:20 PM.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#256 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

If anyone wants me to, I could make a 5/$1 PS2 trading thread in the deal/shopping discussion section(that a mod would likely move to the master trade list section later on) so that those who missed out on X or Y game could put up a post requesting those games.

EDIT: Alright. For as much as I said I wasn't gonna help out round here when I came back from my two week hiatus, here's the PS2 game trading thread for this sale(currently located in Deals/Shopping Discussion).

http://www.cheapassg...45#post10014045

Posted Image

#257 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thanks OP. I was just a little curious of what my local store would have today. I figured I'd find 5 games that I wanted. I ended up buying 80 games total. I pretty much just bought 1 of each .99 cent game that wasn't scratched. That's the first time I've ever bought 80 games for less than $16.

#258 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Wasn't that the one where they tried making it so you had more than one row of buildings to annihilate on each level? As it stands, I also have the Arcade Party Pak from PS1 which has Rampage, Klax and some other games on it. I think I only ever really played those two games out of all of them though.:lol:

I saw and left behind Silent Scope 2 at another GS the other day. That too is also a $.99 game. I also saw some Lego Soccer Mania game, but that was a $1.99 title.

Yup! That's the one!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#259 stiner

stiner

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone know what the sale is tommorow? I dropped by after seeing loopers today and the manager said to come back tommorow, no wink, nod or shhh motions. I asked if it would include the cased games but he said no and all I could get out of him was that the salel will be better tommorow.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#260 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yup! That's the one!:D

I kinda wanted to try that game out, but not at the current $5-6 I think it's listed at on the GS website. Maybe the next time I'm able to get an eRewards gift card I'll splurge and grab that, Midway Arcade Treasures(original one with the old Rampage) and the Aqua Teen Hunger Force golf game.:D

Posted Image

#261 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Does anyone know what the sale is tommorow? I dropped by after seeing loopers today and the manager said to come back tommorow, no wink, nod or shhh motions. I asked if it would include the cased games but he said no and all I could get out of him was that the salel will be better tommorow.

i know one of the sales is 10 ps2 games marked at 99 or less for a dollar.

#262 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

:bomb: I wonder if I'm within 7 days cuz then I'll return the 10 I grabbed last week and rebuy for $1 instead of $2. :lol:;)

Posted Image

#263 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Damn. Looks like I am gonna have to raid that place dry. I got 90% of what I want already.

Best Buy still has the 100% bonus trade in a well.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#264 ps3gamer35

ps3gamer35

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Damn. Looks like I am gonna have to raid that place dry. I got 90% of what I want already.

Best Buy still has the 100% bonus trade in a well.

Have fun getting the ban hammer over trading in Ps2 games for 50 cents a popl

#265 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

:lol: I actually thought about that too, but only if the TIV on each PS2 title was still $1 like it used to be. That'd be funny as hell taking in 100-200 unique titles and getting $2.10 each for them after paying $.10 a pop.

Posted Image

#266 neuroticomic

neuroticomic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

:bomb: I wonder if I'm within 7 days cuz then I'll return the 10 I grabbed last week and rebuy for $1 instead of $2. :lol:;)

i'll b doing that.
:)

#267 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

These are the highest valued PS2 game TIVs at BB(all base value):

Battle Engine Aquila-$1
EyeToy AntiGrav-$1
Final Fantasy XI-$1
The Dog Island-$0.50

That 10 for 99cents should be interesting if I can, actually, find more GSs that sell PS2 games.

A buy 3 get 3 and/or lowering the PS2 game prices could be cool, as well. They have some games I want to add to my stash, but not at some of their prices for disc only.

#268 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

I was kind of shocked to see that everything below the $9.99 threshold wasn't gutted and disc only at that closest GS the other night. That's about the only way I would buy the MAT game is if it's actually complete and in decent shape.

Posted Image

#269 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:53 AM

So is this sale still going on tomorrow?

#270 iast

iast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Oh god, are they really thinking of adding more deals to the PS2 sale?

Don't tempt me guys, I have way too many games I still need to test out from last week, and that's on top of the ones I'm still waiting to get shipped here.