50% off 1100 Rock Band tracks starting Tuesday

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Awesome! I'm gonna have to get some more PSN cards. I knew by backlog list of stuff to buy would come in handy! I've got about 1200 songs now but there's always room for a few hundred more!!! :bouncy:

Rock on!

TMG:applause:

#32 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

i have about 1300-1400 songs now and theres a lot here i still may want. doh

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#33 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

I am kind of excited about this.

mer71.jpg

#34 gravel

gravel

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I love Blitz, so this sale will be great! I need to pick up some PSN cards.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#35 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

I think they finally realized the music game craze is over.

I'll pick up any of my favorites that I'm missing.
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#36 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

And the skies opened :bow:

I am going to need more points...

#37 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

No Beatles?

Probably didn't want to include that with this sale since the Beatles DLC is only playable with The Beatles: Rock Band and not to confuse people.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#38 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Bout time! I played the heck out of RB2 but barely touched RB3..

#39 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

Thanks op. I'll try to keep it under $20 but I know how that usually goes.

#40 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

if only ANY of my friends who used to play still cared about this game. not worth it even for $1 if I'd be playing them all by myself. lame. Then again half the bands i want on rock band STILL dont have ANY songs (Taproot, any skillet song BESIDES monster, and the band Red I am looking at you!)

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#41 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Dear lord I am going to be poor after this.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#42 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:31 AM

So awesome. I'm noticing the smaller bundle packs barely give a discount (average of 50msp savings) so buying exactly what tracks I want is great.

I'm hoping this is directly in response to Blitz, since this is the exact (and only) reason I'm in.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#43 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Thanks Crunc. In for 16 songs or 1600 points worth anyways.

#44 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Thanks OP! Will defenitely be picking some up!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#45 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

yeah, those langers $10 psn cards will be good use now

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#46 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

Man, I still have so many Blitz songs I want to play from other RB games. I shouldn't dip back in. But such great prices.

The killer for me is that the only songs I definitely wanted that I don't have, miraculously, are not discounted. Namely, Rush singles and Johnny Cash songs, though I mostly just need the Cash song for that one dumb achievement. Really wanted "Spirit of the Radio" and "Fly By Night" though.

Have to decide if I'll hop in on this or not. Incredible discount though.

#47 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Bob Marley's "Legend" is discounted already to 800 points. I grabbed it. Other stuff I was looking for is not yet. I do wish these had keyboards. Do they ever upgrade tracks to include Keyboards, or is that something that never happens? It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice….

#48 Kerig

Kerig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

^ looks like they're doing it in alphabetical order. AFI: Miss Murder is 80, Black Sabbath War Pigs* (was going to pick up War Pigs until I realized it's a *cover version).

They're going rather slowly though, they haven't even hit Creedence Clearwater Revival yet.

cag%20kerig.png

#49 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Long overdue. Maybe too late. Don't know how many people don't play these games anymore but I would guess its a lot.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#50 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm listening to Bob Marley Legend via Spotify… and wondering how they heck you do this album without keyboard support? Oh well, hopefully it's fun to play in Blitz anyway. Probably is.

#51 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

I though they said all items would be discounted by Noon ET, the Queen songs have not been discounted yet.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#52 pOpus

pOpus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

I looked at three songs that are in the "A's". All of them showed up at the sale price on the song screen, but jumped back up to full price when you check out. Be careful or you can easily be overcharged.

#53 goodbyetonight

goodbyetonight

Lt. Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

I looked at three songs that are in the "A's". All of them showed up at the sale price on the song screen, but jumped back up to full price when you check out. Be careful or you can easily be overcharged.

I noticed that too when looking at the Breaking Benjamin pack, I wasn't paying attention and bought it, then realized it said 440 still, but only 240 was taken out of my account. So I'm not sure what's going on.

98799.pngimages_zps9a2215bc.jpg

#54 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, they're way behind on this one. None of the stuff I looked at was actually on sale in the Marketplace when I looked an hour ago. It shows up as the sale price in the Music Store, but when you choose "purchase", it shows full price in the guide. People need to pay attention or there's going to be some angry customers.

#55 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

They need to update the prices ASAP. I Want to Break Free, or I'll be Screaming for Vengeance.

#56 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, only songs I have been able to buy on sale so far have been by Anthrax which is the Anthrax pack 01 @ 360 MSP. Everything else I click on and shows up as regular price..
Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, only songs I have been able to buy on sale so far have been by Anthrax which is the Anthrax pack 01 @ 360 MSP. Everything else I click on and shows up as regular price..

Maybe they realized how much work it was and were like "Eff this! Nobody even plays this game anymore!" lol. :lol:

#58 Kerig

Kerig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Looks like they gave up after reaching B. If there's too much math involved in doing this, perhaps they should just do 50% across the entire board instead of just certain songs...

Somehow the Red Hot Chili Peppers singles snuck in at 80, but the BSSM album isn't on sale...Under The Bridge makes 2 off of my meager list of 11...ish

cag%20kerig.png

#59 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

Looks like they gave up after reaching B. If there's too much math involved in doing this, perhaps they should just do 50% across the entire board instead of just certain songs...

Somehow the Red Hot Chili Peppers singles snuck in at 80, but the BSSM album isn't on sale...Under The Bridge makes 2 off of my meager list of 11...ish

I've noticed quite a bit of songs are 80 MSP instead of 160 MSP, so I of course purchased them just in case if they were a pricing error. Most stuff isn't on sale yet, but I went through the entire list in the 'sale' portion of the listing and just purchased what was discounted for now. They do need to hurry and fix the prices though so we can start to rock on! By the way, when does this sale end anyways?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

I'm using the Rock Band Music Store app on my xbox. There is a huge sale section set up, with basically all tracks listed at 80 points. I purchased about a half-dozen, then, I noticed on the confirmation screen that one of them actually said 160 points. I logged into my billing.microsoft.com account, and confirmed that they only took 80 points out of my account for each song I've purchased so far. So it looks like the confirmation screen is wrong, and the songs really are only 80 points. Hopefully they get it all straightened out by tomorrow though to avoid confusion.