Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#31 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

They said the limited scope storyline was intentional to setup further games. I didn't mind the story and the narrative style was interesting, but it was a rushed game. Recycled environments got old and it was missing features like auto attack out of the box.

#32 onnotangu

onnotangu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Let me know when they make jade empire 2
other wise I'm not wasting the effort I put into dragon age 2

#33 manicbomber

manicbomber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

Fuck Bioware.

this.

#34 xCappax

xCappax

Real Madrid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

As one of the only people (maybe the only person? :lol:) who thought that Dragon Age II was a big improvement on the first, and was quite satisfied with Mass Effect 3 overall (though I didn't think it was quite as good as ME2), I'm still firmly in BioWare's camp. Looking forward to Dragon Age III with zero reservations.

I loved Dragon Age II, so IDC.

#35 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

You can put me into the camp of people that liked DA2 a lot as well, though not quite as much as the first. My wife actually likes DAII more than Origins, so yeah... We're excited :)

Also, It's astounding how so many people enjoyed 98% of ME3 yet crap on the game because of the ending.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#36 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

Not to intentionally continue the off topicness but that Gamespot article is news to me regarding Bioware guys retiring, think it has a lot to do with the failure of The Old Republic.

fs_overall.png

#37 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not to intentionally continue the off topicness but that Gamespot article is news to me regarding Bioware guys retiring, think it has a lot to do with the failure of The Old Republic.

I highly doubt it has anything to do with that... This kind of thing happens a lot in this industry, people like to move on and try new things, even those who are high up in these studios. I mean, just this year CliffyB left Epic, Kellee Santiago left Thatgamecompany(right after the monstrous success of Journey), & key members of Irrational(Gerritsen & Wells) moved on to further ventures.

I think these people just become successful(especially the first two), and like to try branching out in new ways... It's not always because of something bad that happened.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#38 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ray and Greg left at the same time, which is what I think alarmed people. One of the writers for TOR also left, but that was an obvious move as he's solely becoming a writer (Karphyshn).

#39 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Ray and Greg left at the same time, which is what I think alarmed people. One of the writers for TOR also left, but that was an obvious move as he's solely becoming a writer (Karphyshn).

Drew was also one of (maybe the main one) the writers for Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I think he had a major role in creating the universe. The ME books he wrote are very good, and I feel that his departure will be missed a bit more than the aforementioned people. I mean, I doubt that they had too much of a major role anymore, and with Drew's artistic visions for both ME & TOR may prove to be more of a vital loss in the long run(perharps the ME3 debacle could have been avoided with him at the helm, as I don't think he was involved in the series' conclusion, he had already moved on to TOR)... Who knows what else he could have helped come up with for them. We'll see.

Also, as Cheapy once mentioned, you had to have seen this coming after the merger with EA. It would seem that they decided quite a while ago that they were ready to move on.

#40 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Pair of Kotaku articles:

This Dragon Age III Concept Art Is Straight-Up Stunning

Castles and Customization Among First Details to Emerge on Dragon Age III

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#41 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

So excited. That art does look cool and I like the idea of having my own castle.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#42 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Pair of Kotaku articles:

This Dragon Age III Concept Art Is Straight-Up Stunning

Castles and Customization Among First Details to Emerge on Dragon Age III

Very nice. I'm excited that details are beginning to emerge and that bit about "take control of your own castle" sounds interesting. I hope this stays on schedule for next Fall.

Simosaurus.png

#43 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

only human? some background? blah

#44 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

First Dragon Age 3 screenshot revealed as BioWare art and animation director praises Frostbite 2

Not really too much to see.

#45 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

http://kotaku.com/59...-gaming-secrets

An EA Shanghai level designer who worked on a vertical slice of Dragon Age III earlier in the year states on his LinkedIn page that the "Scope of the DAIII has been chaged [sic], which will target next gen platform [sic] and will be postpone [sic] to 2014." The claim of the delay is probably a misinterpretation of the rumors of the RPG sequel's delays from fiscal 2013 (before March 31, 2013) to fiscal 2014 (after that date), which was pegged to EA wanting to avoid the rushed development criticisms that dogged Dragon Age II. However, those "development cycle" posits are seemingly not entirely accurate, as the designer says that EA wanted to refocus Dragon Age III from a current-generation title to a marquee next-generation RPG.

Dragon Age III coming to next-generation platforms should not be a surprise to anyone, as EA tellingly excluded any specifics on platforms in the game's September announcement—a way of saying that the intended platforms have not yet been announced.

#46 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

What I suspected all along. Now the question is if the delay is true, is that rework on the game or because the platforms don't launch until then? Makes me thankful though. I won't have to waffle on console purchase on account of games I don't care about.

Edited by Anexanhume, 28 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#47 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, what I suspected/hoped as well. I'd rather wait for a crazy-good product than a half-developed one. This would sell me a new console, no question (not like I needed much prodding, though).

Chubbyninja1319.png

#48 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Drew was also one of (maybe the main one) the writers for Mass Effect 1 & 2, and I think he had a major role in creating the universe. The ME books he wrote are very good, and I feel that his departure will be missed a bit more than the aforementioned people. I mean, I doubt that they had too much of a major role anymore, and with Drew's artistic visions for both ME & TOR may prove to be more of a vital loss in the long run(perharps the ME3 debacle could have been avoided with him at the helm, as I don't think he was involved in the series' conclusion, he had already moved on to TOR)... Who knows what else he could have helped come up with for them. We'll see.

Also, as Cheapy once mentioned, you had to have seen this coming after the merger with EA. It would seem that they decided quite a while ago that they were ready to move on.

The LA times writer Ben Fritz (yeah the one that bricked his Wii U) theorized that since it had been almost 5 years exact since EA bought Bioware maybe this was the plan all along for them to leave after 5 years. Similar things happen with big entertainment mergers/acquisitions in other areas of the media.

Also yeah, no way in hell that's the ending for ME 3 with Drew at the helm. It would have explored the dark matter causing all the suns to go supernova early b/c of the use of the mass effect relays as starting to be explored in Tali's mission in ME 2 and tossed aside at the end of the Conrad Verner story arc in ME 3.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#49 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

I don't really have high hopes for this after DA2. Origins was such an amazing game, by far one of the best games I've played in the last 10 years and it still astounds me to this day how DA2 turned out after its release. I had my doubts and was unfortunately proved to be right when DA2 premiered and I really don't see them improving a whole lot even with more time. I'll still play it anyway just to see how the story turns out but I'll probably wait until the "ultimate edition" comes out this time.

If the game doesn't sell it won't get an Ultimate Edition, see DA 2.

In terms of DA 2 I liked it fine except for the destruction of Anders' character post-Awakening, having only 3 dungeon layouts for everything except the main questline, and the Isabella loyalty slow-down bug that caused me to have to stop playing the game for a 2-month period waiting a patch then having to replay almost all of Act 2.

I love all the characters in 2 much more than 1, Varric is my favorite dwarf ever in any fiction.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#50 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

Money.

Skyrim has already outsold Oblivion supposedly and hasn't even been out a year yet.

Also the game JUST hit the $30 mark on BF 2012, 1 year after its release. Now that BF has passed it's right back up to $60 new, $45 used. Even the download codes from the 360 holiday bundle sell for $25-$30 on EBay.

42869.png

#51 foltest121

foltest121

Demo Team!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

The main problem with DA2 was just that it was called DA2. It would have been a fine game on its own, but it really was NOT a sequel to DA:O at all. The question is - which game is DA3 really going to follow? (or neither)?

I completely agree why couldn't they have focused more on Darkspawn in DA2. I'm still looking forward to Inquisition though.

#52 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

More romance in BioWare games or less? Writer discusses

#53 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Gaider being a dick?

...Uh yeah. Nothing new to see here folks.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#54 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Dragon Age 3 artist sings Frostbite 2's praises, admits to "disappointment" over Dragon Age 1-2

#55 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Looks like the new Dragon Age is gonna be shown at the EA conference tomorrow: https://twitter.com/...775767546707970

#56 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Only reason I'd watch an EA conference. I really hope MS didn't pay them exclusivity or something stupid like that (exclusive dlc whatever but let the actual game come out on both PS4 & Xbox One).

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#57 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Was i the only one that liked DA2 better then the first?

SnoT8282.png

#58 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Oh no. I loved DA2. Much more than the first. DA3 is my most anticipated near ish term release. Can't wait to see what they reveal tomorrow.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#59 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm not sure that I liked it better than DA:O, but I enjoyed it a lot.  Storywise, it didn't match up to the first game, but I loved the improvements they made to the combat and in-game menus.

Simosaurus.png

#60 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

No, I did too. I just preferred the scenario and characters in DA2 overall.