I Need Help from the Internet Hive Mind

Salmonday

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
A group of my friends are collaborating on an indie game (tentatively titled Chroma Warriors) that is an isometric view tactics game. The primary game mechanic has to do with color changing the terrain. Warriors use skills or cast spells that, along with the usual effects of damage or buff/debuff or whatever also colors the affected areas of effect with that combatant's color. Depending on the color where characters are standing, their stats and skills become strengthened, weakened, or altered.

Anyway, they wanted to take a look at other games in which color changing is a primary game mechanic and/or a character ability.

Some examples I came up with were:

Pac-Man (changing ghosts, but that isn't a mechanic really)
Q-bert (changing squares)
Disgaea (closest example I could come up with)
Othello (which has a partial influence on this game)
de Blob
Chrono Cross

but I couldn't come up with a very great list for comparison as you can see. I thought I would tap the brilliant minds and game collections of the CAG community to see if they could give me any other examples I could pass along as other titles that work with a color-changing motif or key game function.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='KillerRamen']What about Disgaea?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Disgaea. Hell, I remember the entire world when you want to upgrade your weapons revolved around colors on the terrain affecting your character and sometimes even causing damage.

La Pucelle Tactics had a strange color/elemental puzzle on their maps as well.

You also did do some color/elemental manipulation on the map in Suikoden Tactics.

Archon- Buffs or not depending on the changing color of the board
Gameboy - Boktai Light sensor on game and vampire based if I remember correctly.. changes based on real day night cycles of the players. (unless tricked of course).

bread's done
Back