LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6431 replies to this topic

#3211 cusm

cusm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I missed out, but my coworker scored at his Wal-mart 1/2 off red sticker, Unexpected Gathering $20, Warg set $13, Catwoman and Golem/Bilbo $2.50 each. Of course when I go nothing left.

#3212 roland13x

roland13x

Insert something clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone seen if Walmart will have the Lego Marvel preorder bonus minifigure on the Xbox One/PS4 versions?  I can't seem to find any answers :(

#3213 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Is the game even coming out for the newer consoles?

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#3214 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Is the game even coming out for the newer consoles?

Ive seen day 1 launch lists of what games are available and Lego Marvel is on them. So yes.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#3215 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

I built 76004, the flying Spiderman car set.  It's a really fun build, some nice minifigures and great pieces.  The motorcycle is really nice and simple model.  The best brick built motorcycle model LEGO has made.

#3216 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Series 11 is hitting stores. Boxes are stickered with a 9/1 street date. Pretty sure there will be stores that will have them on the floor though.

#3217 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yup a couple posters over on the TFW2005 boards found them, seem to be in the Midwest so far

#3218 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

I'll be checking mine sometime soon, but they are normally late to the party.

As long as they have them before the B2G1 sale in September I'll be happy.

What's TFW2005 boards?

#3219 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

First things first: booyah!

series11_zps180f0d6f.jpg

Lego fans are awesome!  I went to a TRU today, and I saw the green bags and someone else feeling up the Legos.  Seems he'd asked an employee if there were any more Series 10, and the employee brought out the new ones.

We didn't have a box, though, and I had no idea what to feel for.  He had his phone, but it was awkward to check the phone all the time.  He lamented that it was too bad we didn't have one of the catalogs in the bag.  Brilliant!  I bought a bag, and brought the catalog back so we could use it.

We worked together.  Since he'd been there first, if I found something he didn't have, I gave it to him.  I felt that was only fair, especially since they wouldn't have been there at all without him.  Then he'd find one I didn't have.  I think I got them all but three.

It was so nice because it wasn't competitive.  We we just two Lego fans helping each other out.  It's gotten so I hate going into TRU because of its stupid handling of Transformers.  Which leads to...

What's TFW2005 boards?

Transformers boards.  With Transformers, posting sightings are necessary because there are no Transformers stores and distribution is at best a crapshoot and at worst really unpleasant.

Finally, I bought some parts from Bricklink to enlarge the Minecraft set

minecraft_zpsfd5b4f8c.jpg

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#3220 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Oh my son would like that minecraft set that you made, we have it, he wants to get the new ones also. I'll have to look for the minifigures soon.

Smile

#3221 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hey all!

So, I decided to get back into collecting Legos...

I bought a few on the Lego shop site, but a promo, but I noticed that Target has some blow out prices, especially on this set (in-store):

http://www.target.co...erm=lego hobbit

14275114_121128042405.jpg

The price was $64, so your price may vary. I'm in SoCal, so you might want to call...

#3222 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

Yeah, thanks for mentioning it.  Toysnbricks.com has it listed as "Lego Clearance" but it's not.  It's just a particularly good sale.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush is available for $69.98 (reg.$99.99)

79007 Black Gate is available for $41.98 (reg.$59.99).

Lord of the Rings Helm’s Deep for $85 (reg.$129.99)

Monster Fighters The Ghost Train for $54

Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#3223 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

I saw the ghost train today with a temp price drop label at $54 but not the lotr sets. The temp.price drops seem to be ymmv at targets around me though.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3224 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

I ended up picking up the mf train, lotr goblin king and pirate ambush. Waiting till 50% was too risky with only 2 pirate ships left...

#3225 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

I just came back from TRU.  *ugh*

For some reason they decided to redo the store... again.  They redo it every 18 months or so.  I guess if they keep redoing it it distracts the costumers from the overpriced toys you can get anywhere and the bad service.

Instead of doing full aisles they now all are half the height in half the LEGO section and then have some school crap mixed in, it's a mess.  I don't understand the change, the store was simple and easy to find everything and still looked nice.

Anyways I found the mini figures and they had 10-15 series 11.  Tons of cops and female robots, a few mountain climbers, two gingerbread men.  I only bought four, I'm waiting for the B2G1F sale in 3-4 weeks.  However I was looking for the rarer ones, or my favorites, they had no islanders, or scarecrows, or welders, or sax guys.  But I did get a grandma (the cat is amazing!!!), diner woman (Didn't know she had mean face, really nice), elf (a teddy bear AND gift box!) and German woman just because my grandma is flying back to the USA from Germany now.   :)

I must say I really like the series, and the minifigure parts (minus the feet) seem to be normal and not incredibly poorly made like past series.

This is a review of the LEGO CG (overpriced) helicopter...

Putting the helicopter together with the instructions sometimes is very misleading what goes on before the other piece. Once the helicopter is all together it is hard to keep it all together. If children are playing with it it will fall apart very easily.

Ugh.  Someone else is like "My children take pride in building these sets and then they just fall apart when you play with them!"

I've played with LEGO, they don't fall apart, and with the huge pieces they go back together real easy.  With people like this LEGO is doomed.

#3226 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

I don't know -- I think some sets do fall apart more than others. My son bought the older Jabba's sail barge and the brown flaps would fall off, the "wings" would fall off, and some of the decorative pieces would fall off. We were careful but it always seemed like we were putting pieces back on whenever we moved it, touched it, or looked at it funny. It got annoying.

That said, I think some of these people making reviews can't follow directions and expect to fly their ships around their houses or have them survive demolition derby.

All my local TRU's are remodeling, and what I find funny is that they've already done this layout before, and they decided it didn't work. I think you are totally right -- it's a distraction.

Or the higher ups really are that stupid. "It's too tall. Shelves should be shorter and more open."

"There's not enough space. If we had taller shelves, we could stock more items."

#3227 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

I agree that some sets are just poorly designed, but when that is the case LEGO fixes it.  They fixed the big TMNT set completely redid it, and the space shuttle set was redone / renamed to make it better.

But you can't pick up a plane, throw it against the wall and expect it to stay in one piece.  Plus it's LEGO, just rebuild it.  City sets are very well designed, Star Wars sets are more designed to look like the ship than anything.

My TRU is also a BRU, but the TRU part looks like the old layout with everything short in the middle and just weird random things everywhere.  The guy greeted me asking if I need help with anything, I didn't know I was walking into a mess of a store.  If they wanted to redo the store I would but the small ones in the front, and then just spin the aisles around to go the other way.  

And having worked in that TRU, it's way too small in the back and this will not be helping at all.  

Oh well.  I only go in for minifigures, and the cashier was hot, stoned, but hot.  :lol:

#3228 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

I ended up picking up the mf train, lotr goblin king and pirate ambush. Waiting till 50% was too risky with only 2 pirate ships left...

I haven't really gone looking for it, on Tuesday I did go to a Target but the lot that I saw a few weeks ago were gone, my baby was getting fussy so I just left it like that.

#3229 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hey all!

So, I decided to get back into collecting Legos...

I bought a few on the Lego shop site, but a promo, but I noticed that Target has some blow out prices, especially on this set (in-store):

http://www.target.co...erm=lego hobbit

14275114_121128042405.jpg

The price was $64, so your price may vary. I'm in SoCal, so you might want to call...

The $29.98 price is much better, provided you can find it at that clearance price point.  

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3230 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

The $29.98 price is much better, provided you can find it at that clearance price point.

You should start a program where you buy everyone on this board legos for a 15% markup lol

My local stores will not do a return/rebuy or payment change on clearance items.

#3231 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

You can pick up the Constitution Train Chase for $54 at yoyo.com. It's $89.99 on their site, but use both codes NEXM4193 and 20LABORDAY to get an additional 40% off. It'll drop the set to $54!

http://www.yoyo.com/...se-79111-807734

5176ilL%2B1FL._SL160_.jpg

#3232 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Stacking a referral coupon and the labor day sale sounds like a good way to buy a lot of decent sets if you can use different accounts.

#3233 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Playing around with those two codes,

20LABORDAY gives you 20% off one item

NEXM4193 gives you 20% off all items, to a maximum of $20 off

You can pick up the SW Republic Gunship or Jabba's Sail Barge for 75.99 before tax (if applicable)

LOTR Pirate Ship ambush or King's Castle for 59.99 before tax (if applicable)

I was going to order the King's Castle until it told me I'd already used the new customer discount, so I only get the 20% off.  This is why I hate shopping at Yoyo.  I spend the time to find something, only to find I'm not eligible.  

Yeah, I can make another account.  I'd rather shop at a place that wants me as a customer, rather than wanting me in the door and then not giving me the time of day so they can chase new customers.  It irks me that I either have to try and circumvent their system or not get the deals that other people are getting.  It's a stupid mixed message.

I wonder if my mom wants a King's Castle...

#3234 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

The NEX... code is a referral code for new customers. That's why it only works on new accounts. The guy who posted it gets credit when you buy stuff.

#3235 langdon_alger

langdon_alger

Phlebitis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

so this site is legit?

#3236 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yes. Just ordered kings castle for 63.59 total.

Thanks a bunch guys.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#3237 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

so this site is legit?

Yes, they are owned by amazon now.

#3238 neonglow

neonglow

Penguin Shine!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yes, they are owned by amazon now.

Here's an article about Amazon's ownership of Yoyo.com:

http://www.examiner....w-yoyo-com-site

#3239 Believeland

Believeland

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

I wish Yoyo accepted Amazon credit seeing how they are owned by the same company.  Is there anyway to purchase Yoyo gift certificates on Amazon?  

#3240 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

I wish Yoyo accepted Amazon credit seeing how they are owned by the same company.  Is there anyway to purchase Yoyo gift certificates on Amazon?  

Don't think so.

I'm so tempted to get the Pirate Ambush set, it's so tempting.