LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5467 replies to this topic

#331 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Brickset has the TMNT sets. They are so bad I'm not even going to link to the news story. Worst designed sets I have ever seen in my 20+ year history of beign a Lego fan. Even worse than some of the early 2000s sets.

Oh my god, the Turtle Van in particular is absolutely atrocious. The one that doesn't look too bad is the Turtle Lair Attack. Those mini-figs are gonna print money though...

#332 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The van to me isn't too bad because is at least a van. The dragon bike is a mess, stealth shell is decent, but doesn't look great and probably $20 for a $13 set. The mech is my least favorite. Lego is great at designing mech, but thats looks like a little kid made it.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#333 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

The large vehicles are ugly, but they're not _that_ bad. It's all the tiny vehicles that look like a colorblind 7 year old made it.

#334 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Has anyone seen the LotR set 30210?

That's the Frodo booze/sausage grill poly, yeah? I can get it no problem. Looking for the Thor cosmic cube poly, the Batman jetski poly, the ghost clock poly or any other interesting ones...

$37+tax OTD for the Batwing, Darth Maul NERF, & a pound of Boneless BBQ Wings :) I think I'm already done buying gifts for next year...

Who's the lucky recipient of the pound of boneless BBQ wings???

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#335 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

The large vehicles are ugly, but they're not _that_ bad. It's all the tiny vehicles that look like a colorblind 7 year old made it.

One of the comments on Brickset was the little vehicles look like polybags, and polybags look better than those. We should get 1-2 polybags next fall so I think I'll just buy them for the amazingly great minifigures.

Talking about polybags I normally don't pay attention to them, so it's why I asked about the LotR one, it's at TRU, which I have gone to twice this year. The Batman jetski I thing is going to be a Target one.

#336 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

One of the comments on Brickset was the little vehicles look like polybags, and polybags look better than those. We should get 1-2 polybags next fall so I think I'll just buy them for the amazingly great minifigures.

Talking about polybags I normally don't pay attention to them, so it's why I asked about the LotR one, it's at TRU, which I have gone to twice this year. The Batman jetski I thing is going to be a Target one.

The batman jetski was carried by tru.

#337 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Brickset has the TMNT sets. They are so bad I'm not even going to link to the news story. Worst designed sets I have ever seen in my 20+ year history of beign a Lego fan. Even worse than some of the early 2000s sets.

I will not say the TMNT sets look good, but if I HAD to spend money, at least they have pieces, unlike Town Jr.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#338 Diggeh

Diggeh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

Hey guys, you might want to check the Christmas isle of your nearest Target. They finished setting up all the decorations and toys and I found this beauty!

Posted Image

There was also an empty bin for a Christmas LEGO Creator set (possibly the rocking horse or toy train announced earlier this year).

#339 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Wow, that's actually a really nice looking batmobile.

#340 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

I rather have a minifigure. :lol:

But they did a great job considering the history of the Race them.

#341 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Cool, my son will love the Batmobile....oo bad no minifigure comes with it..

#342 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

I think Target may have the POTC Black Pearl as part of its Black Friday sale because my local store just got a shipment of them...months after they clearanced out the rest of the line.

Posted Image

#343 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think Target may have the POTC Black Pearl as part of its Black Friday sale because my local store just got a shipment of them...months after they clearanced out the rest of the line.

That would be sweet, always did want to grab that set ... might still be too much for me to justify since its been on clearance a few times now

#344 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

That would be sweet, always did want to grab that set ... might still be too much for me to justify since its been on clearance a few times now

Just saw the BF Target ad...Black Pearl for $75...and a motorized Duplo train.

Posted Image

#345 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hmmm, yeah $75 feels too high, for me at least ... hoping B&N runs a 50% off toys which I believe they did for BF last year

#346 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hey guys, you might want to check the Christmas isle of your nearest Target. They finished setting up all the decorations and toys and I found this beauty!

Posted Image

There was also an empty bin for a Christmas LEGO Creator set (possibly the rocking horse or toy train announced earlier this year).

Yup, picked this up this morning in the XMas section. DPCI is 204-00-0557

Just saw the BF Target ad...Black Pearl for $75...and a motorized Duplo train.

Yeesh, what a rip. I paid $29.98 + tax - redcard for them in the first Target clearance of them around this time last year. Gimme one of the newer sets for $75, say Jabba's Palace or the Malevolence or the Battle of Helm's Deep...

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#347 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Yeah. 25% off is a joke. Whatever happened to the days of 50% off? It's Black Friday!

#348 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Days of milk and honey and a good economy made 50% possible. Bad economy make for deals that aren't as attractive. Walmart has a nice 650pc bucket for $15.

#349 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Days of milk and honey and a good economy made 50% possible. Bad economy make for deals that aren't as attractive. Walmart has a nice 650pc bucket for $15.

That doesn't even make sense! :lol:

If the economy is bad then shouldn't it be 50% off because no one has the money to spend on a box of plastic?

I think the thing was $70-$80 on Amazon, with no tax, or lines, or crazy people.

#350 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

If the economy is bad then shouldn't it be 50% off because no one has the money to spend on a box of plastic?

The thing is, people are still buying Lego. In the last two years, two Lego stores opened up in my area. The last time Jabba's Palace was on sale at Target, it sold out of every Target in the area. I was at TRU today
[*] and people were snapping up Lego sets that were on sale, most of which were only modest values because of TRU's markups.

So they don't need to discount 50% off, so long as people are still throwing money at them.

[*] Today and tomorrow at TRU, the Star Wars planet mini-vehicle sets are on sale for 7.97. I quite like these, and it's a decent price.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#351 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Any word when the hobbiton set is supposed to come out?

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#352 fizicyst

fizicyst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

The official release date is 1 December, but expect that TRU will put them on the shelves before Thanksgiving. They usually ignore the release date and put them out early.

#353 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

The official release date is 1 December, but expect that TRU will put them on the shelves before Thanksgiving. They usually ignore the release date and put them out early.

Sweet, thanks!

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#354 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Doesn't mean you can buy them. I worked out TRU, we stuck out the then brand new Ninjago sets too early. If you tried to buy them the computer system wouldn't let you.

Like Chima, don't expect it until after Christmas but City and such will be out soon.

#355 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I think the thing was $70-$80 on Amazon, with no tax, or lines, or crazy people.

Sure it does, when you have a good economy, you need to make things attractive to draw buyers in since they're going to spend money and you can take the hit on your loss leaders.

If you don't have a good economy, people aren't spending like they used to and you won't make up that huge discount form your loss leader so you have to reduce the discount.

The discount is to draw consumers to the store to generate sales, not discount items because the economy is bad.

#356 Tyrant01

Tyrant01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I got a new LEGO catalog in the mail today and it has the Hobbit sets in it with a note that they will be available for purchase November 27th.

#357 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

40 % off legos in BF TRU preview ad ...

fyi for everyone

Edited by scp89, 11 November 2012 - 05:25 PM.
correction it does not say all..

#358 pumbaugh

pumbaugh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

40 % off all legos per BF TRU preview ad ...

Hardly....they have about ten sets listed under the 40% off banner and they are all only about 25% off MSRP at best. Nowhere does it say all. They have 3 different sections listed with lego, none are good deals as the stuff marked down the most has been available for further discounts since last year....meh TRU this is the worst BF LEGO offering to date!

#359 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

so u have inside info??? as ad states '40% Lego!' - it shows some sets yes - and everyone knows TRU markup - but nowhere does it list it does not apply to all lego

Speaking of stupid things I've seen/read today, check out what Best(worst)-Lock finally managed to score a license to:

Spoiler

Almost kinda neat, VERY timely :roll:, but why so many dogs???

I think I want a Black Pearl now. If anyone has a spare (still-sealed, I don't want one with dirty bath water corrosion) that they'd like to sell for $70 shipped, I'll gladly buy it now rather than try to get one at Target on BF.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#360 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

so u have inside info??? as ad states '40% Lego!' - it shows some sets yes - and everyone knows TRU markup - but nowhere does it list it does not apply to all lego

I think they pulled this ruse last year or the year before.

They listed sets, and didn't have exclusions but when you went to the store, it was only a handful of their most OUTRAGEOUS priced sets, and you'd only save around 15-20%.

So yeah... BF + TRU = A huge HELL NO.