LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5978 replies to this topic

#631 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Did Lego run out of 4 digit set numbers finally? I was confused by xycury's post thinking they were poly bags.

#632 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

The revolvers in that picture look strikingly like the old M*GA BL*CKS ones......what the heck was wrong with the classic LEGO revolver? It was perfect!

#633 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Wait, so they're doing Lone Ranger now too? Are we basically seeing the death of all non-licensed Lego lines aside from Town?

#634 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Did Lego run out of 4 digit set numbers finally? I was confused by xycury's post thinking they were poly bags.

they didn't run out, but Lego knew they would eventually so they revamped the number system. I think all 2013 will be 5 digits and of course all future sets.

#635 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Wait, so they're doing Lone Ranger now too? Are we basically seeing the death of all non-licensed Lego lines aside from Town?

How do you figure...
Ninjago
Monster Fighters
Galaxy Squad
Legend of Chima
Creator
Friends
With City, that makes 7.

Licensed
SW
LOTR/Hobbit
Marvel/DC
TMNT
Lone Ranger

Non-licensed has more sets than the amount of Licensed.

#636 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Monster Fighters won't have new sets next year, but there are romors that we will get classic Castle back.

We have to remember that while Lego is making a lot more lisence sets than they did a few years ago, they still make twice as many classic sets as they did 20 years ago. Lego in general just makes a ton of sets a year.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#637 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm digging the Lone Ranger teaser. That could be fun. After watching some youtube reviews, the galaxy squad sets have my interest, too. They look like a lot of fun!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#638 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Monster Fighters won't have new sets next year, but there are romors that we will get classic Castle back.

We have to remember that while Lego is making a lot more lisence sets than they did a few years ago, they still make twice as many classic sets as they did 20 years ago. Lego in general just makes a ton of sets a year.

That's actually a very good point which I didn't think of originally. While there is certainly more licensed sets coming out these days, there's more sets in general coming out.

#639 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

That's actually a very good point which I didn't think of originally. While there is certainly more licensed sets coming out these days, there's more sets in general coming out.

Yeah I noticed that when I started to think about the three year rule. Lego sets used to be around for three years before being retired. Look at the numbers in the early 90s, it's about 125 sets a year, in 1992 it's 96 sets according to Brickset. This year it's close to 600. Sure a lot of that is crap like books and storages boxes, even if it's half garbage it's still 300 sets a year!

Lego no longer makes sets for years, they make sets for a year and if you want the set you better buy it quick, but they still make more "classic" sets than they used to. I wished they would be pickier with their themes, but if they were we wouldn't have the pretty nice Prince of Persia sets. However I don't think anyone here would want to get rid of Star Wars or Super Heroes.

#640 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Anybody have info as to whether all the $20 City sets (ambulance, fire truck, caravan, garbage truck, etc.) that are currently sold out at Lego Shop at Home are permanently gone? Seems like they haven't been around too long to be out of production already.

#641 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Anybody have info as to whether all the $20 City sets (ambulance, fire truck, caravan, garbage truck, etc.) that are currently sold out at Lego Shop at Home are permanently gone? Seems like they haven't been around too long to be out of production already.

There is a way to check on S&H for sets retiring soon. I saw that list at T&B, this was the second time I saw it, I can't remember what the previous sets were.

#642 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yeah I've seen that page. Its just that usually if a set is still in production but sells out on the Lego website, it goes to "call to check availability" or "temporarily out of stock" status. Usually sets never return from "sold out" status. The Maersk train for example...

#643 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yeah I've seen that page. Its just that usually if a set is still in production but sells out on the Lego website, it goes to "call to check availability" or "temporarily out of stock" status. Usually sets never return from "sold out" status. The Maersk train for example...

I'm still not sure if you saw the link by reading your post but Lego implemented a new tag "retiring soon" on sets that are going to go OOP.

#644 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

In my experience the "Sold Out" means nothing on S@H, I have seen sale ideas come and go 10 times from "sold out". Sold out there just seems to mean "we ran out and not sure when we will get more", otherwise the set itself disappears.

I'd wait a few days and see what happens, but I wouldn't "worry" until Amazon stops carrying them, which they haven't because they keep jumping from $17-$18 to $20.

#645 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Amazon UK has Ninjago 9449 Ultra Raider for ~ $65 decent deal for people looking

http://www.amazon.co...55138036&sr=8-5

#646 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks to toysnbricks.com, Target is having a daily deal on Legos.

http://www.target.com/dailydeals

You can get the Super Star Destroyer for $256, with an additional 5% off if you have a red card. The 20% discount is applied after you add it to the cart.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#647 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Someone talk me out of buying the star destroyer

#648 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

The deal is dead. There I talked you out of it. :lol:

It's back to $400 minus 20% so it's $320 now WITH the sale. Target.com is getting to be as bad as TRU.

Has anyone gotten any emails from Lego about an after Christmas sale? Years past they have had decent sales, but after this Black Friday "sale" I'm not expecting anything.

#649 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Thanks to toysnbricks.com, Target is having a daily deal on Legos.

http://www.target.com/dailydeals

You can get the Super Star Destroyer for $256, with an additional 5% off if you have a red card. The 20% discount is applied after you add it to the cart.

Thanks, for posting this!

Someone talk me out of buying the star destroyer

Talk you out, shoot.

It's back to $400 minus 20% so it's $320 now WITH the sale. Target.com is getting to be as bad as TRU.

Has anyone gotten any emails from Lego about an after Christmas sale? Years past they have had decent sales, but after this Black Friday "sale" I'm not expecting anything.

I quickly went to Target to check out when I saw scp89's post only to be bewildered and see your post.

='(

#650 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Up until last year the sales on the day after Christmas were amazing. Last year was severely disappointing though.

#651 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Up until last year the sales on the day after Christmas were amazing. Last year was severely disappointing though.

Ohh... OK. I don't remember last year. :lol:

#652 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I can't remember last year either, I do remember the train tracks but I think that was 2 years ago.

#653 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Skiizim, I'm not trying to be a dick here, but yes I know all about the Retiring Soon page at Lego Shop At Home. I'm not a Lego newbie. ;) But before that page was created, several sets were already marked as sold out. Therefore if they were going out of print anyway, Lego would not have bothered putting them in the Retiring section. They still haven't shown back up in stock yet. Example - the Walmart exclusive Recycle Truck. Around this time of year I monitor sold out sets closely so that I can make a decision to buy them elsewhere and then I won't get stuck having to pay crazy eBay prices down the road. I've been checking on them and keeping a list since long before the Retiring Soon page went up. I was just wondering if any Lego insiders knew for sure about the $20 City sets since they've been sold out for awhile. If OOP, I'll be heading out to get a few...

#654 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Someone asked if the $20 City sets would come back into stock at S@H. I don't think they are, they are gone from Amazon now. Just because Lego has a "retiring soon" page doesn't mean every set will be placed in there.

The best bet is to buy them from Target's BOGO50%. Of course the set I want most (car and caravan) they jacked the price up 33%!

They really have turned into TRU.

#655 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

I can't remember last year either, I do remember the train tracks but I think that was 2 years ago.

Yeah, that was 2 years ago... I still remember seeing a stack of $7.49 curve/straight packs of tracks at Lego store and passing on them. God I regret not picking them up... Those things go for ridiculous money now that they "retired" the proper curve piece. Of course I didn't realize it at the time because I hadn't gotten into Lego Trains yet. Now that I have a few trains though, it would be nice to have the "good" curve track pieces.

#656 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

Oh really? Curve track is expensive? A few years ago Lego was clearing out the 9V things and I bought an insane amount. I still have several boxes of straight and curved in their boxes and only paid about $5.25 a box.

#657 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I drove 2 hours away to get some straight/curve track when they went on clearance. This particular Lego store had like 50 boxes. I bought 20...kept 10 for us and ebayed the rest for double and triple what I paid. Now I regret not getting every box they had as we have 6 different motorized trains and that ghost train I still have to work on someday. Nothing cooler than having a bunch of trains running around each other on multiple tracks.

Posted Image

#658 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:45 AM

Not amazing, but WalMart has a bundle of the Spiderman Doc Oc Ambush + Captain America's Avenging Cycle for $34. (So basically Cap is $4) Some other bundles too. That Doc Oc set is WM exclusive. Has some odd pieces in light blue. Get it, then put that boxed copy of Captain America in your attic, wait five years, sell for $700.

#659 IFlyRC80

IFlyRC80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

I got in on that Super Star Destroyer deal at Target before it went back up to $399.99. Plus 4% cash back at ebates along with my 5% off using RedCard. Now to decide if I want to keep it sealed or put it together. We don't have any other Star Wars sets.

#660 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Not amazing, but WalMart has a bundle of the Spiderman Doc Oc Ambush + Captain America's Avenging Cycle for $34. (So basically Cap is $4) Some other bundles too. That Doc Oc set is WM exclusive. Has some odd pieces in light blue. Get it, then put that boxed copy of Captain America in your attic, wait five years, sell for $700.

The Doc Oc Ambush isn't a Walmart exclusive, btw.
http://shop.lego.com...Ock-Ambush-6873