LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5981 replies to this topic

#931 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Anywho it looks like the Friends line has been a big success. I'm kind of glad because I like the variety in sets and a lot of them are pretty well designed. I've probably bought more of that line than any other except for Monsters Fighters.

Still sucks I missed out on those MF Polybags from Target, I really wanted them!

#932 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I didn't find this thread until I typed "Cheap Ass Lego" into Google...

I got lucky and managed to get my Wal-Mart's last Luke's Landspeeder for $12. Also got the Mandalorian Battle Pack for $6, and the Sith Nightspeeder for $12. Hit up another Wal-Mart for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack for $6.

Got the small Jeff Gorvette and Francesco Bernoulli sets at Target for about $4.

Just before Christmas I got the Super Star Destroyer from Amazon when it was $310, and used a 10% off code, so before tax it was like $279.

What 10% code? I never manage to stumble on those codes when I need them.

#933 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

They sent them out for Prime members, not sure if it was random or not,

#934 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Wonder which Walmart this guy cleaned out...:roll:

Spoiler

Edited by karkyco, 02 January 2013 - 10:13 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#935 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Is that you? I would hold onto the speeders, the market might get flooded later with the sets but the figures alone would fetch a nice price. I think the speeder is still available @home though.

#936 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Stopped by a Kmart kind of "out in the boonies" and they had a bunch of the Hobbit sets (Helm's deep, etc.) as well as some older star wars sets, but they were all still full price at the scanner :(

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#937 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Stopped by at my local Walmart -- they had Harry Potter Hogwarts (the small one), POTC The Mill, and POTC London Escape for $20 each. Picked up the Mill and 2 Hogwarts -- I'd previously gotten London Escape from them at that price.

They also had the SW Bounty Hunter ship for $17, but I passed.

Went to the nearby Target which had the Vampyre Castle for $70 and the Sith Speederthingy for $16.98. Neither is a "wow" price, but picked them up anyway and used my red card. I dithered on getting the Vampyre Castle from yoyo, and they promptly sold out of it, so not doing that again.

Went to 2 more Targets and zilch. There were reports on SD of Jabba's Palace going on clearance, but the one I found at the first Target was full price, so oh well. No complaints with what I got today.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#938 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Missed out on the Walmart fun. My very well stocked Walmart was stripped to Chima, Hobbit and the newer SW sets. No LOTR, no Ninjago, no DINO not even any miners or forest cops. Must have been an epic sale. Kicking myself.

#939 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Depends on the store. Most stores around here are cleared out of LEGO a week before Christmas and won't have new LEGO until probably next week.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#940 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

I picked up the Sith speeder and the Shelob set for $12 and $13 respectively at Walmart. They had a ton of the space buggy sets for $2 but I passed on those.

#941 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Went for Orc Forge for $27 at Target. I figured it wouldn't make a further drop in my area.

#942 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Aside from that little Chima set that you can't buy from @home, this is looking like my set of the year so far:

Posted Image

Throw out the bow and we'll be good to go. Emma's Karate Class is undeniably cool, too, but there's too much pink & purple to earn my respect. If they had done a real (read: not girlified) dojo color layout (black & white perhaps?) I would be in for that as well.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#943 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

Emma's Karate Class is undeniably cool, too, but there's too much pink & purple to earn my respect. If they had done a real (read: not girlified) dojo color layout (black & white perhaps?) I would be in for that as well.

A kendo class with the helmet, sword, but no armor?

#944 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'm amazed by people finding Space Port sets and PotC. I haven't seen either in well over a year.

#945 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Went for Orc Forge for $27 at Target. I figured it wouldn't make a further drop in my area.

Do you have any idea if that is just the sale price at your local Target or is that a Target sale price at other or all Target stores?

#946 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

I didn't find this thread until I typed "Cheap Ass Lego" into Google...

I got lucky and managed to get my Wal-Mart's last Luke's Landspeeder for $12. Also got the Mandalorian Battle Pack for $6, and the Sith Nightspeeder for $12. Hit up another Wal-Mart for the Clone Trooper Battle Pack for $6.

Got the small Jeff Gorvette and Francesco Bernoulli sets at Target for about $4.

Just before Christmas I got the Super Star Destroyer from Amazon when it was $310, and used a 10% off code, so before tax it was like $279.

Damn, what does every Walmart but the ones near me have the Luke's Landspeeder for $12

#947 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Do you have any idea if that is just the sale price at your local Target or is that a Target sale price at other or all Target stores?

Clearance at one of my Targets

#948 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I am hereby vowing not to complain about my luck for the rest of the year.

Today, went to a distant Target. I'm not seeing very much in the clearance stuff, when I lean over and notice a list of HP minifigs on a box. I then pull out Hogwarts. The big one. 4842.

I should mention that I have been looking for this for awhile now. I wanted to get it on sale, but dithered too long and found it was sold out everywhere and going for well above MSRP.

Brought it to the scanner. It doesn't scan. Brought it to electronics, where a manager had to get a special gun and it rings up as...65, which went down to 61 and change after red card.

I went to a bunch of other Targets and Wal-Marts today, but didn't find any more Lego of any consequence. I am not complaining.

Also of non-Lego interest, I found a Neo Geo Gold X at a different Target for $139. Another online purchase someone returned to the store. While it was nifty and tempting, I put it back. It was fun finding it, though, 'cause I didn't know about it and seeing it there in Target was a big WTF.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#949 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

I found this set on clearance at target, only problem was that they shot the price up to $38.98 and discounted it 15%. It was more expensive on clearance that it was when it was going for on MSRP.

#950 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

TRU has the Wolverine set for $19.99 (down from $25) with free in store pickup.

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12710109
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#951 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

TRU has the Wolverine set for $19.99 (down from $25) with free in store pickup.

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12710109

Sadly, $19.99 is the actual retail price everywhere else but TRU.

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#952 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, TRU is being tricky with their ''sales'' this week. A lot of their legos are at msrp on sale and they make up some high number as retail to make it look like you get a deal. Prime example is them listing jabba's palace at $150 retail and $120 on sale when the msrp is 120... Lol

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#953 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

They sent it to me a few days after I bought the AC Vita deal on Black Friday. It was for 10% off my next purchase of $100 or more.

Went for the Mining Truck at $17. Great story on that one, I scanned it at a price scanner, went to pay for it, and their credit/debit machine crashed. The place was a freaking madhouse. So I went back to toys, stashed it behind some Halo Mega Blocks sets, and went back for it later.

Amazon is out of the Diagon Alley set that I was going to order from them. Looks like I'll have to order it direct from Lego Shop now.

Also can't find any 2013 sets around here except at TRU with the upcharge. My Wal-Mart put out the Chima and City sets, my main Target has one Chima set out, and my K-Mart has the two Creator Mini sets and the Sith vs. Republic Troopers set. I'm probably going to end up grabbing the A-Wing and Creator Fierce Flyer set when I find them.

Also of note, has anyone noticed how the mini figures are driving up prices on the theme sets? The A-Wing should be $20 at most (only 177 pieces), and yet it is being sold at retail for $25 just because it has Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar.

#954 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

They sent it to me a few days after I bought the AC Vita deal on Black Friday. It was for 10% off my next purchase of $100 or more.

Went for the Mining Truck at $17. Great story on that one, I scanned it at a price scanner, went to pay for it, and their credit/debit machine crashed. The place was a freaking madhouse. So I went back to toys, stashed it behind some Halo Mega Blocks sets, and went back for it later.

Amazon is out of the Diagon Alley set that I was going to order from them. Looks like I'll have to order it direct from Lego Shop now.

Also can't find any 2013 sets around here except at TRU with the upcharge. My Wal-Mart put out the Chima and City sets, my main Target has one Chima set out, and my K-Mart has the two Creator Mini sets and the Sith vs. Republic Troopers set. I'm probably going to end up grabbing the A-Wing and Creator Fierce Flyer set when I find them.

Also of note, has anyone noticed how the mini figures are driving up prices on the theme sets? The A-Wing should be $20 at most (only 177 pieces), and yet it is being sold at retail for $25 just because it has Han Solo and Admiral Ackbar.

First, I think we've all established that "great" Lego stories must begin or end with girl on girl jet skis.

Second, you'll have to wait for most 2013 sets until retailers are done with xmas clearance and reset their floorplans.

And finally, the minifigures can work to your advantage...I just bought two Gungan subs at Target for $35 each and plan on putting the Amidala minifigs on Ebay since they are fetching about $20 a piece. $30 total for about a 1000 pieces of Lego ain't bad.

Posted Image

#955 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

And finally, the minifigures can work to your advantage...I just bought two Gungan subs at Target for $35 each and plan on putting the Amidala minifigs on Ebay since they are fetching about $20 a piece. $30 total for about a 1000 pieces of Lego ain't bad.

This can be true, but mostly for larger/more expensive sets like the one you are talking about. I was recently able to pick up another Vampyre Castle for $63 at Fred Meyer and sold 4 of the minifigs for $60. But the cheaper sets it is less true of (though Capt. America and Iron Man disagree with me on this), and at least Ackbar seems to have no value as a minifig (I know, personally sad for me)

#956 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Friends is getting a weird brick built calendar...

http://brickset.com/...l/?Set=850581-1

I like these, I think more themes should get them.

#957 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

You got to make your own theme calendars like this

Credit to mr_monkeypants on Reddit.

#958 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Is that you? I would hold onto the speeders, the market might get flooded later with the sets but the figures alone would fetch a nice price. I think the speeder is still available @home though.

Nah, I think that guy's in Torrance / the South Bay. I assume he/she cleared out at least the Walmart in the South Bay/Torrance off the 405. There are a few more down that way in Lakewood/Long Beach though. Only one anywhere close to me is the one in the ghetto at Crenshaw Plaza, which never has anything good on sale/clearance.

Jeeze, Target clearance is all over the place. Gungan subs? Jabba's palace? The Vampyre Castle? Need to get their DPCIs and start scanning.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#959 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

You got to make your own theme calendars like this

Credit to mr_monkeypants on Reddit.

I know, but have a NinjaGo one, and a Star Wars one. Easy $20 sellers.

#960 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Found the A-Wing and ended up just buying it. It is overpriced, especially considering it uses stickers, but so far it is the best looking Lego A-Wing (still hoping for a UCS of it) and I kind of really want the Han Solo and Ackbar figures.

Also found an Imperial V-Wing at Walmart for $9.50. Random find on that one.

Seem to have missed the $50 X-Wing. My K-Mart has a plethora of them but they're still at $60. Walmart had one left, which also scanned at $60. I do like the set though, as it definitely seems like the best X-Wing outside of the UCS version.