LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5494 replies to this topic

#1021 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

I really want the Infiltrator and Republic Strike-class Fighter. I'd also like to pick up the Republic vs. Sith Troopers set, but not at $13 for only 63 pieces.

I think I'm done with my Lego shopping for a while. I got quite a bit in the last two weeks, and most stores by me are cleaned out. Only one that isn't is Kmart, but nothing is discounted. They had an Ambulance and a Space Shuttle, which I was hoping they'd clearance. Sadly my Kmart usually doesn't clearance things out until they're about two years old it seems.

I am done with sets for now. I just need to get a shitload of red and yellow bricks x.X

#1022 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Well its all lore based really. The newer sets though like the infiltrator come from The Old Republic.

Isn't the Infiltrator an Episode one set with Maal?

Amazon Warehouse has the fire brigade for $102 and the town hall with "Packaging may be damaged." for $145. I wish I collected these, because they are rather nice for $100-$150. much better than the lame new fire station.

Edited by bigdaddy, 08 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1023 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I think mweav meant the Sith Interceptor (9500), which is from SW:TOR.

Picked up the GS Swarm Interceptor for $5.xx at TRU today thanks to the $15 in rewards certs. I had. Only theme that wasn't marked up. Looking forward to building it though, as with the new A-Wing, I wish it had printed pieces...
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#1024 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

I am done with sets for now. I just need to get a shitload of red and yellow bricks x.X

Are you building a Lego McDonald's?

#1025 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

http://brickset.com/detail/?set=3438-1

Saves you some time. :)

#1026 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Are you building a Lego McDonald's?

Nah. The Crab Sonoshee from Redline.

#1027 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Prim, I have a question about TRU rewards, or anybody really that might know the answer... I bought a car seat during the holiday promotion. I just got my rewards of $26, which seems like a lot but I must have bought a lot more than usual. I ended up returning the car seat last weekend, so do they take the rewards away or what happens?

#1028 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Prim, I have a question about TRU rewards, or anybody really that might know the answer... I bought a car seat during the holiday promotion. I just got my rewards of $26, which seems like a lot but I must have bought a lot more than usual. I ended up returning the car seat last weekend, so do they take the rewards away or what happens?

For the holiday shopping season, 10% of your purchases were issued as rewards, so that's why it's so big. I think I got $26 in rewards as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I ended up returning some stuff that they had already issued rewards on as well, but the reward amount didn't change and was still valid when I used $15 of it last weekend. Of course, I bought an overpriced doll for my daughter, so TRU ended up winning on that transaction anyway.

#1029 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Nah. The Crab Sonoshee from Redline.

Bricklink is awesome if you are looking for specific pieces / colors :) I use it quite often to get missing pieces rather than spend 3 hours digging!

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#1030 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

http://www.fbtb.net/...-is-on-the-way/

Sweet baby jesus!!! Now to speculate what the Gamestop exclusive minifig will be...

#1031 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

http://www.fbtb.net/...-is-on-the-way/

Sweet baby jesus!!! Now to speculate what the Gamestop exclusive minifig will be...

The Thing would be cool

#1032 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

For the holiday shopping season, 10% of your purchases were issued as rewards, so that's why it's so big. I think I got $26 in rewards as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I ended up returning some stuff that they had already issued rewards on as well, but the reward amount didn't change and was still valid when I used $15 of it last weekend. Of course, I bought an overpriced doll for my daughter, so TRU ended up winning on that transaction anyway.

Thanks man, I guess I'll use it and see what happens..

#1033 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I think mweav meant the Sith Interceptor (9500), which is from SW:TOR.

Picked up the GS Swarm Interceptor for $5.xx at TRU today thanks to the $15 in rewards certs. I had. Only theme that wasn't marked up. Looking forward to building it though, as with the new A-Wing, I wish it had printed pieces...

Yeah, I meant the Interceptor. I love the fact they're making Old Republic sets.

I went ahead and bought the A-Wing when I found it. It is my favorite starfighter from the original trilogy, and my second favorite starfighter overall (first is the Jedi Starfighter from Episode II). I'd like to see Lego make a UCS version of it (which I would buy instantly, as long as the upcharge isn't as insane as the UCS Jedi Starfighter).

Speaking of TRU, has anybody found one clearancing out the Palpatine's Arrest set? I'm not usually big on playsets, but I do like that one.

#1034 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

The Thing would be cool

Good idea. I stopped pre-ordering the Lego games though. I like the games but all Lego games hit half their original retail price like a month or two after release. My new approach has been to hit Gamestops like a week or two after the game is released and ask an employee if they have any leftovers. Thats how I scored three Lex Luthors and a couple Elronds.

#1035 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I haven't been to the Lego store in forever, anyone see any good deals there?

#1036 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

You keep the rewards. What happens is the return will become a negative balance for the next rewards period.

#1037 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Found a lonely 9490 Droid Escape at Target for $12. What a great little set. 2 awesome new Sandtroopers, I would have bought several at that 40% off price.

#1038 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Found a lonely 9490 Droid Escape at Target for $12. What a great little set. 2 awesome new Sandtroopers, I would have bought several at that 40% off price.

My Walmart, Target, and Kmart have a bunch of them but won't clearance it. I really want the set too.

Found a couple $1 Lego Minifigs at Walmart (the cowgirl and diver). Also found that little Ninjago polybag that was only $1.50, but as I was walking away from the price scanner I realized it was open and somebody had stolen the minifig from it. Just makes me hate my Walmart a little bit more.

My TRU had nothing. A couple Pharaoh's Quest sets for like $39. Had the smaller Hogwarts set, but was still $75. The City Space Shuttle was still $30, and everything else had the TRU tax on it.

#1039 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

My Walmart, Target, and Kmart have a bunch of them but won't clearance it. I really want the set too.

Found a couple $1 Lego Minifigs at Walmart (the cowgirl and diver). Also found that little Ninjago polybag that was only $1.50, but as I was walking away from the price scanner I realized it was open and somebody had stolen the minifig from it. Just makes me hate my Walmart a little bit more.

My TRU had nothing. A couple Pharaoh's Quest sets for like $39. Had the smaller Hogwarts set, but was still $75. The City Space Shuttle was still $30, and everything else had the TRU tax on it.

TRU does not put sets on clearance like the other retailers. Finding something there for MSRP would be the same as clearance if you were in another store.

#1040 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

TRU does not put sets on clearance like the other retailers. Finding something there for MSRP would be the same as clearance if you were in another store.

I remember seeing a speed racer set moved around for years, I would love to think somebody finally bought it but I think it moved around so much it finally got damaged.

#1041 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I remember seeing a speed racer set moved around for years, I would love to think somebody finally bought it but I think it moved around so much it finally got damaged.

Here is something funny. My local TRU has 10 Series 6 minifigs in the store after their remodel last year. They just up and poofed. My friends who work there have searched high and low for them but haven't found them.

#1042 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Picked up series 9 cyclops, chicken suit guy, roman emperor and Mr. Good and Evil from the Lego store today

#1043 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Picked up series 9 cyclops, chicken suit guy, roman emperor and Mr. Good and Evil from the Lego store today

Chicken suit guy is apparently a mascot turned superhero.

#1044 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Who wants to gamble on a Good rated Death Star on Amazon Warehouse for $291? :D

http://www.amazon.co...generic&sr=1-18

#1045 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yeah the 7637 Farm was clearanced a few years back at my local TRU also. Some reseller couple bought a bunch according to employees, but I managed to score one during a BoGo sale, bringing the price down even further than the clearance. It was clearanced down to like $48 (down from $90) as I recall. The only other set I found on clearance was the exclusive 10159 Legends City Airport for $20 back in 2005 I think. They had two and I only got one (idiot!), back in the days before I knew about reselling potential Lol. I could have kept the extra and made $300 or so. Oh and going even further back I'm pretty sure they clearanced the Western sets and Insectoids too. But nowadays, in the era of TRU markups, clearance prices are much harder to come by.
That Century Skyway airport is pretty rad now that I think about. I may have to pull that one out and rebuild it... :)

#1046 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

You keep the rewards. What happens is the return will become a negative balance for the next rewards period.

I see, thanks. I'm going to be negative for a while then since I doubt I'll be purchasing that much.

#1047 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Who wants to gamble on a Good rated Death Star on Amazon Warehouse for $291? :D

http://www.amazon.co...generic&sr=1-18

Amazon had a "Very Good" rated Diagon Alley from Warehouse Deals I was going to bite on, but as seems to be my luck with that set it's up and gone.

#1048 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

You have to act fast if you want an AWD. They go quick on the exclusive sets. I was going to buy the Market Village for $80 and it just was gone five minutes later.

#1049 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

You have to act fast if you want an AWD. They go quick on the exclusive sets. I was going to buy the Market Village for $80 and it just was gone five minutes later.

I'm looking at possibly getting the Market Village anyway. I like a lot of the pieces in it, and 1600 pieces for only $100 isn't a bad deal.

For Diagon Alley I'd be willing to pay about $200 for it I think, $210 with free shipping.

#1050 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm looking at possibly getting the Market Village anyway. I like a lot of the pieces in it, and 1600 pieces for only $100 isn't a bad deal.

The retail price for MMV is great. I generally like to buy on significant sale or clearance, generally no less than 30% off, but when MMV was on sale for $90 through Walmart.com almost 4 years ago, I jumped on it. I'm actually considering buying a second set before it goes OOP.