LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6653 replies to this topic

#1081 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Neither of my Targets or Walmarts will clearance out their LotR stuff.

My local Giant grocery store has some stuff on sale with their bonus card. I was looking at the ARC Trooper and Droid Commandos for about $7.

That other Walmart had the Millennium Falcon in their system and as being in stock, but it scanned at $140.

#1082 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Neither of my Targets or Walmarts will clearance out their LotR stuff.

My local Giant grocery store has some stuff on sale with their bonus card. I was looking at the ARC Trooper and Droid Commandos for about $7.

That other Walmart had the Millennium Falcon in their system and as being in stock, but it scanned at $140.

Yeah mine had a millenium falcon at $140 too. I actually found out that the Frigate was a company wide discount.

In other news HOLY SHIZ the tie fighter polybags shot up by like $4 on ebay. Good thing I got like 20 of them xD

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#1083 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'm not a reseller, but I got one of the TIE Fighter polybags for $1.50 for my collection.

That Walmart still had a price tag that listed the Falcon at $100. I didn't feel like putting up a fuss because I'm not that thrilled with the set, but I figure I could have.

#1084 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.

Heh heh, whoever mentioned the Walmart online purchase/return in store for price adjustment or ship to store and adjust price is spot on.

That is what I've been doing with Target, actually. Missed out on the Naboo starfighter on clearance since it went from every store having dozens at $34.98 (30% off...and what should have been MSRP for this set) before Christmas to none at every store in SoCal the day after Christmas. So I ordered two off their site, free shipping for purchases over $50, and did return/rebuys on them in store. I used a different credit card for the online purchase and tell them I want to put it on my redcard in store as the excuse for the return/rebuy. Worst case, if they refuse to re-sell them to me as per their official clearance policy, I'll just check back at the store later in the day or the next day when the set(s) have been hopefully put out on the floor, possibly with even lower "ONLINE ITEM" clearance prices on them.

I'm very tempted to do this with every in-store clearance they have available for order online as well as the "ONLINE ONLY" sets they have (especially the Joust...would love to find that one in some Target store with one of those "ONLINE ITEM" stickers on it with some obscene discount). Unfortunately the Dino sets simply disappeared off their website, so I most likely missed out on Target clearance prices on the Raptor Chase (though I don't think I even saw this one in store ever) and the tiny Raptor encounter one. But I did end up getting the Dino base set last year at 70% off so I can't complain too much about missing some Dino sets. Was just hoping to get a raptor army.

Thankfully, plenty of stores still have the LOTR sets in stock at full price (along with some of the other newer sets like the Forest Police Station, Jabba Palace and skiff/Sarlaac pit, and the Gungan sub) so I can wait for the stores that have them on clearance to drop to 50 or even hopefully 70% off MSRP and perform some return/rebuys.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1085 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

That Jabba's Sail Barge looks rather odd to me. I don't know if it's the picture, but it seems smaller than the 2006 version and the front of the barge (the sloped roof bricks in particular) looks goofy. The color of the barge looks too bright as well, is that reddish brown?

At this point I'm sure what we see is what we're getting and I'm pretty disappointed.

I really hope not, this is one of those of times I just want to be a preliminary picture, I was disappointed as well.

More Wal-Mart clearance heaven: 2x Helm's Deep for $57 each! :) Also a Sopwith Camel for $25 (must have been an online return). Older sets were really wiped out this year, even before the post-Christmas clearance. Almost everywhere, all I see are Chima, TMNT, and new City.

Then over to Target: they had a Naboo Starfighter for $25 (bought it), but Weathertops were still $42 (passed). Incidentally, they had finished their LEGO aisle reset and about half the current LOTR and Hobbit sets had no shelf spaces alotted, including Orc Forge and Uruk Hai and Unexpected Gathering. And the only MF they still carry are Werewolf, Ghost Train, and Hearse. Guess I missed out on the clearances of the others. Bummer. I suppose I could always buy them full price at another Target, return them, then wait for them to be re-shelved at the clearance price. Timing is everything though.

I was lucky to find the Naboo Fighter for $25 when clearance first started at Target right before Christmas. That's a great price for Helms Deep, I still hope I can find that set on clearance!

I went to another Walmart and got x2 Geonosian fighters for $12.00 each (50%) off.

Also managed to score the clone turbo tank for $59.99, originally $119.99. :D

Pretty freaking stoked about that buy!

Surprised you got a Turbo Tank, those have been long gone since last year maybe even before then.

Yeah mine had a millenium falcon at $140 too. I actually found out that the Frigate was a company wide discount.

In other news HOLY SHIZ the tie fighter polybags shot up by like $4 on ebay. Good thing I got like 20 of them xD

Somebody told me that the Tie Fighters were not released in EU along with the MTT, I guess they are big on polybags as we are.

#1086 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

For anyone looking, since Jabba has been mentioned, Amazon warehouse has a couple sets #9516 (Jabba's Palace) in "Good" condition for $87. This is the same condition the one I ordered earlier this week was in, and it came brand new with the seals not even broken. I probably got lucky, but who knows :)

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#1087 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

I just went to walmart again.

That millenium falcon that we have been watching (The one that came out with the Frigate) is down to $80

76561198012916920.png

#1088 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

That millenium falcon that we have been watching (The one that came out with the Frigate) is down to $80

GET IT! I got a few of them last year at Target at the final clearance markdown price, I think they were 70% off and with redcard discount they averaged out to something ridiculous like $37 or $38 a piece. It was definitely sub $40 for each of them. You know that no matter how many Falcon sets they make (and they will make them constantly as long as they have the license), it will always be a great set for future resale and having in the collection.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1089 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I need to buy another MF, I may have to buy it at full price before it gets retired. >_<

#1090 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

I need to buy another MF, I may have to buy it at full price before it gets retired. >_<

I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but mainly because I've accepted the fact I'll probably never get my hands on the UCS one, and this model actually looks pretty close to the movies.

#1091 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

GUYS!

HEY GAIS!

Sorry for the double post, but did you find out if this is company wide or is it still on a store to store basis?

#1092 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Sorry for the double post, but did you find out if this is company wide or is it still on a store to store basis?

This is the only wal-mart within 100 miles that even has one. Not sure.

76561198012916920.png

#1093 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Had some okay finds today:

Geonosian Starfighter 14.50 at Target
(They also had the Sith Infiltrator 7961, but at $50, so passed)

Recycling Truck 14.50 at Wal-mart and
Sith Infiltrator 7961 at 29.50, so picked it up

Also passed on a MF Ghost Train for $55 at Target. Okay price, but even though the train is amusing, I don't really want it. Had it been $35 or $40, probably would have caved.

Most Targets are very low on product. Some had the Gungan sub, Jabba's Palace, and others that have been on clearance in some places, but were full price. Other stores were just wiped of product, with new sets beginning to trickle in.

The only consistent Lego I saw on clearance was the Advent Calendars (SW and City), but still expensive for clearance (34.98 and 27.98), the Hero Factory motorcycle set (don't know, don't care). A couple of stores had some older Ninjago (motorcycle and green snake monster truck...thing, $10 and $34 respectively).

I think Lego did very well this year.

I think I'm done, too. Were it not for the other clearancy things I picked up (laptop speaker, baking chocolate, Star Trek tumblers for $6), it would have been a lukewarm haul today, though I can't complain at the Sith Infiltrator for more than half off.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1094 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

I need to buy another MF

NEED to buy ANOTHER Falcon??? No, you NEED an INTERVENTION.;)

Posted Image

#1095 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

AWD has a MF for $113. Driod Exscape $16.23. Five X--Wings from $48.63. The Friends Camper set at ~$26.

I was trying to rememebr every set that someone here wanted. :lol:

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1096 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

AWD has a MF for $113. Driod Exscape $16.23. Five X--Wings from $48.63. The Friends Camper set at ~$26.

I was trying to rememebr every set that someone here wanted. :lol:

Not sure if anyone was looking for one, but there were 3 Fire Brigades earlier on AWD for $90-something a piece (I think $97, but maybe it was $93). They went really quick. I thought about biting, but decided not to. The only 2 modulars I own are Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, which are both still in their boxes, but I can't justify keeping them considering the prices they command on the secondary market.

#1097 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Not sure if anyone was looking for one, but there were 3 Fire Brigades earlier on AWD for $90-something a piece (I think $97, but maybe it was $93). They went really quick. I thought about biting, but decided not to. The only 2 modulars I own are Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, which are both still in their boxes, but I can't justify keeping them considering the prices they command on the secondary market.

I kind of doubt Fire Brigade at least in the near future will drive such a high price, the first 3 sets came and went just as fast as they arrived.

#1098 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I was just curious how often do you guys go to Walmart or Target to look for clearance Lego items?
I don't get to go that often but whenever I go I never find anything left.

#1099 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was just curious how often do you guys go to Walmart or Target to look for clearance Lego items?

I stop in twice a week mostly.

76561198012916920.png

#1100 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I've been going like 3 times a week, but since I'm only working a day and a half a week until the semester starts again I've got nothing better to do. Plus Walmart is two and a half blocks from my house, even though I hate this particular Walmart.

#1101 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I kind of doubt Fire Brigade at least in the near future will drive such a high price, the first 3 sets came and went just as fast as they arrived.

Yeah, I agree. I could maybe see it hit double MSRP, but probably not much higher.

I'm honestly not sure what to make of the LEGO speculating market. I just buy stuff that I like, primarily when it's on sale. If it ends up being ridiculously expensive on the secondary market and I've still got it unopened, then I guess that's when I'm willing to sell.

#1102 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Got a Diagon Alley for $200 off of eBay plus $16.01 shipping. Sadly it's being shipped UPS, so I now get to pray for safe shipping until it arrives. I should have watched better and made sure it was being shipped USPS.

I saw a Battle of Naboo 7929 on AWD for like $36. I don't see how that set is worth even close to that much. My Walmart still has a bunch for $12 on clearance.

I personally like the Fire Brigade set, but I agree that I don't see that price going up too much.

#1103 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Anyone got any tips for selling sets on ebay?

76561198012916920.png

#1104 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I like dealing with Amazon for new sets personally since it is easier to list and people seem to pay more. I also like to list sets as new but with no box to be able to save on shipping.

#1105 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I saw a Battle of Naboo 7929 on AWD for like $36. I don't see how that set is worth even close to that much. My Walmart still has a bunch for $12 on clearance.

It's a Star Wars army builder set, so I'm not surprised. I can't believe they're just sitting at your Wal-Mart for only $12.

#1106 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I will stop in at various Targets that are on my path or close to it every few days or once a week or so, except during this time of year and July when I am in far more often. That is when they do their twice yearly toy clearances, so I am doing extra hunting for Legos and other clearance.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1107 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

It's a Star Wars army builder set, so I'm not surprised. I can't believe they're just sitting at your Wal-Mart for only $12.

Well they're gone now. So is the $27 Sith Infiltrator I went back for (I had it hidden behind a bunch of Monster Fighter sets since Monday, and on the day I decide I'm going to get it Walmart decided they needed to re-arrange). Oh well... Now I just wait for my Kmart with like 3 or 4 of them left to hopefully clearance it soon.

Also of interesting note with my Kmart, they had the Dirt Bike Transporter and Garbage Truck for $18.00, as opposed to $20.

#1108 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

"Like New" SSD up on AWD for $344.49.

http://www.amazon.co...erchant&sr=1-47

Not for me, but might float somebody's boat.

#1109 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

"Like New" SSD up on AWD for $344.49.

http://www.amazon.co...erchant&sr=1-47

Not for me, but might float somebody's boat.

Hard to justify spending that much when NEW ones were selling on amazon a month ago for $310.
I regret not buying it for that much when I had the chance. Hopefully it will get that low again.

#1110 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

The pirate Sponge Bob set 3817 is awesome! The minifigures are nicely detailed, comes with a map, black shovel, tree pirate swords, s firing cannon, four palm leaves, and the big white plastic sail of the ship is printed and not a sticker!

Only $20 on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.co...words=lego 3817

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289