LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
5981 replies to this topic

#1141 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Maybe the police set he forgot to take off the barcode? You can buy it for $7, then peal the sticker off and go back and get $100 back?

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1142 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Wasn't there a guy who was busted for this? Some big time reseller who got caught with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stuff that he had been covering up UPCs with lesser LEGOs. Saw it on the news a few months back, pathetic really. I think he was a millionaire software executive or something.

There have been multiple shitbags who have done (and do) this. One was the SAP software exec you mentioned, and another was some bigshot on one of the Lego websites, bricklink I think.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1143 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

It was the grey pieces that made me take notice. Particularly the plates and the 1x1 round pieces felt not quite right to me. Nova's helmet didn't feel or look quite right to me either, but it's a unique piece so I chalked it up to that.

Yeah I started cutting back on Lego because the bricks are becoming thin shit. But it all seems to depend on the brick shape then anything else. I noticed while building a yellow truck that the 1x4 and 1x6 yellow bricks almost looked thinner to the other yellow bricks, like they didn't add enough dye, even even plastic because the "LEGO" on the studs didn't really show.

That set is awesome, the crack house has 200 lesspieces and is $50, yet a license set cost $50, almost 500 pieces and 5 minifigures, one of the best sets of the year.

Now, what pieces felt off? Some of the minifigure parts might be made in China, but the whole set shouldn't feel off. None of the bricks for sets are made at the same time. There should be certain pieces that feel off.

#1144 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Yeah it's probably LEGO cutbacks. Some of the grey plates I have seen make me think of Megabloks.

AWD

LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley 10217 $183 One left!
http://www.amazon.co...erchant&sr=1-29

And a Friends pool, which I think is new, is only $31.

http://www.amazon.co...=generic&sr=1-1

Edited by bigdaddy, 13 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#1145 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I noticed some color issues on the R2D2 set. All the white pieces are different shades of white so it doesn't all match.

#1146 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

So I was building the Transam 20000 from Reline last night and I ran out of yellow bricks and plates :<

Its so disappointing to have that happen. Would it really be considered a MOC or whatever you call it if you use the instructions of a set (In this case the new white car Creator set) as a reference with several mods to it? I am basically taking the instructions and making them longer to accommodate for the reference's long body and it definitely won't look anything like the white one.

#1147 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Stopped at Walmart yesterday, here's what I picked up:

Found a bunch of LOTR stuff on sale at Walmart #1
Mines of Moria - $54 (I think there were 3 or 4 left)
Weathertop - $40 (another 3 or 4 left)

Then the usual clearance stuff:
Series 8 Evil Robot & Diver $1/each
Tie Fighter polybag - $1.50
MTT polybag - $1.50

Passed on the Quinjet for $67.xx

Thinking I'll go check out Walmart #2 after the Texans/Patriots game is over.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#1148 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Go to Walmart during the game. It's either going to be close and only the 4th quarter matters, or it will be a blow out and you won't miss anything. :)

As a Giants fan and someone who is sick of Boston Sports crazy asshole fans , go Texans.

Of course I was hoping for the Seahawks to win because the quarterback is hot... so big sports fan here! :lol:

#1149 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Anybody have recommendations for 3rd party weapons besides Brickarms through Brickmania or BrickWarriors? I'm mostly interested in modern weaponry for Superheroes and Agents, and classic weaponry for Castle and LOTR/Hobbit.

#1150 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

So I was building the Transam 20000 from Reline last night and I ran out of yellow bricks and plates :<

Its so disappointing to have that happen. Would it really be considered a MOC or whatever you call it if you use the instructions of a set (In this case the new white car Creator set) as a reference with several mods to it? I am basically taking the instructions and making them longer to accommodate for the reference's long body and it definitely won't look anything like the white one.

I think a MOC is whatever you want it to be. I've seen people get upset over "stealing" techniques or because they used Mega Bloks parts and I think that is silly. Unless you're entering a contest that requires a completely original design, I see no problems starting out with a base.

#1151 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think a MOC is whatever you want it to be. I've seen people get upset over "stealing" techniques or because they used Mega Bloks parts and I think that is silly. Unless you're entering a contest that requires a completely original design, I see no problems starting out with a base.

Yeah when I was building the first set that I bought of 31006 I looked at it and though "Hey this base is perfect." Ran outta yellow bricks and now I have a major case of the sad.

#1152 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

I built the new A-Wing last night. I know the set had a $5 upcharge, but I love it. I absolutely love this set.

It's a little bigger than I thought it would be, and the new A-Wing pilot mini-fig and the new helmet for him are awesome.

Regarding the quality of bricks, I didn't notice anything that was way off. The pieces don't sit quite as flush as I remember, but the colors are rather consistent. The stickers actually seem to be a higher quality than usual.

Probably building the Black Pearl in a little bit. Starting my Super Star Destroyer tomorrow.

#1153 cybrwzrd

cybrwzrd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

I got 3 good to great deals over the last week. All were at Walmarts west of Atlanta

4206 Recycling Truck - $14.50 (been hunting this ever since before Christmas)
4209 Fire Plane - $39.00
4434 Tipper Truck - $9.00 - Though between the harbor tipper and the mine tipper, didn't really need it

#1154 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Is the A-Wing any different than the one in the Home One set?

#1155 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Is the A-Wing any different than the one in the Home One set?

Yeah. It looks bigger, and I think the underneath might be closer to the actual ship. I've never been fond of the flick fire missiles, but at least they look like the actual laser cannons on the ship. That little indentation in the middle of the front of the ship is actually part of the design now, as opposed to just part of a sticker.

Really the stickers and price are the biggest drawbacks. The mini-figs have really good detail printed on them too.

Even so, I love the A-Wing. If Lego ever makes a UCS version of it I'd buy it right away (as long it's not a $30 upcharge like the UCS Jedi Starfighter).

#1156 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Nothing I was interested in picking up at Walmart #2.

Passed on the MF Ghost Train for $54, couldn't find any polybags or minifigs.
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#1157 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

How do you guys get the courage to enter Wal-Mart so often? I generally avoid the place like the plague.

#1158 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Of course I was hoping for the Seahawks to win because the quarterback is hot... so big sports fan here! :lol:

Your username just took on a whole new meaning...
FadeToOne.png

#1159 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I average 185 pounds and I'm 5 foot 11. I'm bigger than the so hot Seahawks quarterback. :p. So I'm neither a big daddy, nor am I into big daddies. That's how I got the nickname befor the video game character. I hate children, and I was thin at the time and like twinks. So of course I'm the big daddy! :)

#1160 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Amazing how sexual preferences come up every couple months ... in a LEGO thread

=-p Two girls on a jetski or burly QB edition ... now the choice is yours

#1161 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

It's not sexual preference, it's just gay talk.

Girl on girl jetski = gay.
Hot quarterback = gay.

And look at him, how couldn't your want him to win....

http://ww3.hdnux.com...8/3/628x471.jpg

:lol:

#1162 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I find it stranger that we are tangentially talking about football in our thread here, as opposed to the gay talk. Gay talk is a semi regular part of our conversation thanks to a certain regular to our thread.
And I was hoping the 'Hawks would win, but that has more to do with having lived in Seattle for 8 years instead of the attractiveness of any of the players. Now if only we could get some girl on girl jetski action for the Super Bowl halftime show.

#1163 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

So Toys R Us is running a $25 off a Lego purchase of $100 or more this week. Since practically everything is way above MSRP, it doesn't do a whole lot. However, Galaxy Squad sets are fortunately all MSRP at Toys R Us.

I picked up:

70704 - Vermin Vaporizer - $60
70702 - Warp Stinger - $30
70700 - Space Swarmer - $12

$102 - $25 + tax = about $84.

Thinking I may also try for:

70705 - Bug Obliterator - $80
70701 - Swarm Interceptor - $20

It'd be a few cents shy of $100, but usually the Toys R Us computers still give you the discount if you're only a few cents short, at least that's what I recall from prior, similar promotions. If not, a bagged minifig would put me over the top.

I'm still trying to decide how much I like the Galaxy Squad theme. Alien Conquest was a cool idea, but didn't do a lot for me. I bought a few of the Space Police sets from '09/'10, and they were good. In retrospect, I probably should have collected more of those. Regardless, Galaxy Squad seems pretty cool, especially the Vermin Vaporizer set. I'll probably build that one first and gauge my interest in the whole line based on it.

#1164 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

I was rooting for Seattle simply because I felt Wilson should have been a first round pick, and I had that opinion well before the draft.

Didn't get a chance to start the SSD today, or build the Black Pearl last night.

#1165 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I went two a walmart in no where land. There was about 15 sets on clearance with the red tags and everything. Only two sets on sale. About 12-15 of each. They were SB Glove World for $13 and a tank looking NinjaGo $80 set for $54.

#1166 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

I picked up a Malevolence for $50 today, I was stoked to say the least! They also had a vampire castle for $90 and Goblin King attack for $70. This was the only odd clearance I've seen at stores, most of them are the same excluding certain sets.

#1167 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I picked up a Malevolence for $50 today, I was stoked to say the least! They also had a vampire castle for $90 and Goblin King attack for $70. This was the only odd clearance I've seen at stores, most of them are the same excluding certain sets.

Runs out of the shadows and tackles skiizim, pinning him down and yelling in the Christian Bale Batman voice "Where is the Malevolence!?"

#1168 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Runs out of the shadows and tackles skiizim, pinning him down and yelling in the Christian Bale Batman voice "Where is the Malevolence!?"

Oh that sounds kinky. Much more fun than girl on girl jet skiing. :lol:

#1169 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

lol.... I bet this is why you like this Lego thread better than the other sites, we accept you. =P

#1170 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

lol.... I bet this is why you like this Lego thread better than the other sites, we accept you. =P

It's more we all like Legos but we don't think of LEGO as a company is a god that can do no wrong.

Plus we have a sense of humour here. :lol:

I built the Glove World, the set is horrible. Thankfully I pretty much only bought it for the four funny minifigures. The ride is pretty OK, but it's more a $15 set than $20. If I'm back in the area and it's $5 I'll buy a few more. :)

This is the NinjaGo set I saw for $54...
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9449-1

This set had about 50 copies of it and all marked $19.97, and all ringing up $24.97. I feel bad for the cashiers.

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9447-1

And if anyone sees this set on sale it's the only NinjaGo set I really like.
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=9455-1