Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6418 replies to this topic

#1291 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

You are the worst kind of customer to deal with in retail. This isnt like some return/rebuy because it was in the ad 2 days later, this is just dishonest scamming of the system. Im all for finding a good clearance deal but stuff like this is ridiculous.

Dishonest scamming of the system? :lol: Perhaps you meant to say arbitrage. If that made you so upset, then you're going to be exceptionally sore from the butthurt trauma this will cause.

Nah, I won't bother to gloat. I'll merely list the sets I've found on clearance at various Targets for jazzman, below.

Could someone please list some of the sets that went on clearance at Target? I just found an unmarked Gungan ship for $21. Just want to know what to look out for, TIA.

This list isn't comprehensive, but it should help. Sets that I believe are on clearance at some Targets (though I haven't found any with them on clearance), are the Anakin Starfighter (green), the Malevolence, the Republic Starfighter (red) from The Old Republic, the Sith ship from The Old Republic, the Droid Escape, and some of the SW minifig battle packs. Also LOTR Goblin King, Shelob Attack, Mirkwood Spiders. Captain America Cycle, Wolverine Chopper Showdown, any of the Batman/DC sets. Anyone else, please feel free to confirm.

Spoiler

Edited by karkyco, 22 January 2013 - 01:27 AM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1292 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

True, although in my opinion the LEGO structures and vehicles produced today are leaps and bounds better than their counterparts from the 90's. Not all, mind you, but the majority. There are exceptions, though, such as the new Batcave that to me barely looks like LEGO at all.

#1293 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Dammit. There was a Republic Attack Shuttle that went for $86 on Ebay with $6 shipping. I was outbid by a dollar.

ಠ_ಠ

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#1294 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Spoiler

Holy shit Fuck you! (in the nicest most jealous way possible) :lol:

I wouldn't have minded picking up a spare train or castle from the MF series.

Hell... I'd be more interested in LOTR sets if they were reasonably priced.

#1295 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

So since I am gonna start in on Star Wars ships...whats the best way to display them in a way that makes them seem like they are in the air?

76561198012916920.png

#1296 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

karkyco,

I bow to you - you are truly the master of Target clearance finds. Thanks for taking the time and posting all those DPCIs/prices. :applause:

#1297 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

My Diagon Alley showed up today. Still sealed as promised, but the box is pretty dinged up. Looks like UPS did a number on it.

Found one of the random Harry Potter polybags at Target. Price scanner said it wasn't in the system. Customer Service rang it up as $4.29 so I passed.

Probably breaking opening the Black Pearl in a little while.

#1298 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

You guys see the designer video for the new Palace Cinema? That blonde architect is heavenly...8-)

#1299 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

My Diagon Alley showed up today. Still sealed as promised, but the box is pretty dinged up. Looks like UPS did a number on it.

Found one of the random Harry Potter polybags at Target. Price scanner said it wasn't in the system. Customer Service rang it up as $4.29 so I passed.

Probably breaking opening the Black Pearl in a little while.

*Tackles* I want that ship so bad. And the QAR

EDIT: And this is why Ebay is stupid some days. http://www.ebay.com/...=item20ceabebbc You can tell the dude is trying to jack up the price by using alternate accounts to bid lol.

76561198012916920.png

#1300 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

*Tackles* I want that ship so bad. And the QAR

EDIT: And this is why Ebay is stupid some days. http://www.ebay.com/...=item20ceabebbc You can tell the dude is trying to jack up the price by using alternate accounts to bid lol.

I got it from my local Walmart for $49.50 on clearance. I was shocked to find it. The collection of mini-figs in it is what made me buy it.

That Uruk-Hai Army shouldn't be higher than $40 on the resell market in my opinion. The only big draw in is Eomer.

Doing another Walmart run in a bit, as the Falcon is listed as in stock there as of 2 PM this afternoon (right after I left).

#1301 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

I don't get it, the Uruk-Hai Army set is still available at plenty of stores for MSRP. Why would somebody pay double?

#1302 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Anybody get any of the series 9 yet? I have a bunch and only need 3 more. Along with series 9, I have a bunch of other duplicates from other series. Shoot me a pm if you are up for a trade.

#1303 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Kids and I just bought 8 packs tonight at TRU for $3.19 a pack. Used my rewards dollars that were going to expire this week and spent just enough to get the free Chima polybag with $20 purchase.

We stopped buying dups though...hell, we don't even do complete sets anymore just the ones we really want. Which is why I'm boggled that my 7 yr. old son wanted the plumber and Caligula figures over the chicken suit guy and manga robot lookin guy.:-s:-s:-s My daughter spent 20 minutes just trying to find the Adele figure...at least she makes sense.;)

Posted Image

#1304 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Welp...Im keeping an eye on my big walmart for the next week. They finally moved their MSRP Falcons into clearance for $139.97. Also found, out of the blue, something completely random that I haven't seen in forever: 2 Squidman Escapes (5969) for $4 a piece.

76561198012916920.png

#1305 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

The UK toy fai started. There is not much new info but we will be getting a lot of Iron Man and Superman sets.

http://brickfanatics...oy-fair-report/

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1306 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Only got about a third of the way through the Black Pearl last night.

May run over to the further away Walmart even though it feels like 2 degrees out.

#1307 weevles

weevles

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Belated thank you to karkyo...now to see if any of my local Targets actually have any of these sets, let alone at those prices. :p

#1308 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

No problem. BTW I found another store that has Helm's Deep for an unbelievable $34.48...I'm tempted to return/rebuy the ones I got priced in at $40.78 :lol: Seriously, getting that set sub-$50 is easily one of the best Lego deals ever.

Oh and the SW planet sets I've found for $2.98 each, which makes sense given some of my stores have the ridiculous "Target affluent area markup" and were selling them at $11.99 and $12.99 instead of the $9.99 most locations had them at.

Also, has anyone found any of the sets that I noted might be on clearance to actually be on clearance (Hobbit Goblin King, Anakin's green Starfighter, the Malevolence or the KOTR ships), or any other sets such as Ninjago sets? And has anyone found the Dino sets or the Advent sets at 70% off instead of 50% off? And has anyone found any other board games on clearance, preferably the more adult oriented/strategy games (for example Game of Thrones, Risk, etc.)?

And finally, it looks like my score of the Hulk Hellicarrier breakout on clearance may have been a fluke, as it was only one of the set at a store and it looks like they incorrectly put the Quinjet DPCI on the clearance sticker on it. The price is back to $49.99 in that store although it is OOS there, and all other stores have it at $49.99 and in stock.

Edited by karkyco, 22 January 2013 - 07:53 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1309 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

No problem. BTW I found another store that has Helm's Deep for an unbelievable $34.48...I'm tempted to return/rebuy the ones I got priced in at $40.78 :lol: Seriously, getting that set sub-$50 is easily one of the best Lego deals ever.

Oh and the SW planet sets I've found for $2.98 each, which makes sense given some of my stores have the ridiculous "Target affluent area markup" and were selling them at $11.99 and $12.99 instead of the $9.99 most locations had them at.

Also, has anyone found any of the sets that I noted might be on clearance to actually be on clearance (Hobbit Goblin King, Anakin's green Starfighter, the Malevolence or the KOTR ships), or any other sets such as Ninjago sets? And has anyone found the Dino sets or the Advent sets at 70% off instead of 50% off? And has anyone found any other board games on clearance, preferably the more adult oriented/strategy games (for example Game of Thrones, Risk, etc.)?

And finally, it looks like my score of the Hulk Hellicarrier breakout on clearance may have been a fluke, as it was only one of the set at a store and it looks like they incorrectly put the Quinjet DPCI on the clearance sticker on it. The price is back to $49.99 in that store although it is OOS there, and all other stores have it at $49.99 and in stock.

Mine doesn't have ANY on clearance, not even the ones that you said should be.

76561198012916920.png

#1310 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Mine doesn't have ANY on clearance, not even the ones that you said should be.

Yep. No clearance lego at my Target either. Though I did get some Tinkerbell rollerskates for my daughter, so not a total waste of time.

#1311 El Rey

El Rey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Keep in mind that its all YMMV folks

Today I found Sebuiba podracer planet set at Target for $2.98

#1312 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Doesn't Target have a huge clearance thingy in January and July? I remember seeing something about it before but can't remember.

EDIT: Please for the love of god find me Kingdoms related deals @.@

76561198012916920.png

#1313 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Doesn't Target have a huge clearance thingy in January and July? I remember seeing something about it before but can't remember.

EDIT: Please for the love of god find me Kingdoms related deals @.@

Kingdoms? Think you might need a time machine for those ... well, unless TRU magically started clearancing things.

#1314 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Kingdoms? Think you might need a time machine for those ... well, unless TRU magically started clearancing things.

Nah Im talking about older sets. I love medieval stuff and Kingdoms has always fascinated me. And when I say Kingdoms, I am basically saying anything related to it (Castle, Knights, Viking, etc). I know there aren't any new sets right now aside from Joust/Chess and I own those. If anyone wants to help me find deals on complete sets for the series from the secondhand market I will love you forever.

76561198012916920.png

#1315 HELLRAZR_28

HELLRAZR_28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

There's a whole slew of new Castle sets coming this summer (or sooner), including an actual castle. They seem to be a throwback to the old sets, so they'll probably scratch your itch pretty well. If you haven't already seen the pictures, look around online, as there were leaked scans from a catalog a few weeks back.

#1316 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

On an unrelated note: News from the London toy fair:

Spoiler

76561198012916920.png

#1317 weevles

weevles

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

The Hive Crawler sounds cool.

I'm curious about the new Republic Gunship. The newer, simpler SW sets seem more swooshable.

#1318 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm a fan of the Creator house and I'm glad to see them bouncing back from that Small Cottage with the Family House and the Treehouse. I hope the Treehouse comes with a lot of leaf parts.

And this golden minifig in CMF series 10 seems interesting. Can't wait for more details on that.

#1319 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'm a fan of the Creator house and I'm glad to see them bouncing back from that Small Cottage with the Family House and the Treehouse. I hope the Treehouse comes with a lot of leaf parts.

And this golden minifig in CMF series 10 seems interesting. Can't wait for more details on that.

If its 1 per case good thing I buy cases >_>

76561198012916920.png

#1320 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

I"m still hoping beyond hope to find the Falcon on clearance at some point, if at all.

Still working on building the Black Pearl. It's actually bigger than I thought it would be.

Of the Star Wars sets that are currently out and/or releasing later this year, the A-Wing was the only super interesting one for me. I'll probably pick up the planets as well though.