LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6426 replies to this topic

#1351 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm not one to brag, but I just had to share this deal.

I've never really found that many good clearance Legos, the best thing I found is probably an Uruk Hai army set for $20 at Target a week or so after Christmas. I think I actually posted it here.

Anyway, I had some free time to kill this afternoon since I locally travel for my job. I decided to run into a Wal Mart I was near. As soon as I walk in, a huge mob of people are near the front of the store, rummaging through some shelves of toys near the front of the store. Having no idea why they were doing this, I looked through. The only Legos I saw were the Mummy and Werewolf Monster Fighter sets, both at ~$6 and $20 respectfully. Nothing to write home about.

I walked back to toys and saw another little island of clearance toys, more Legos, including two Millennium Falcons, a couple X-Wings, Tie Fighter, and The Batcave. I overheard an employee saying to a lady that these sets, pointing to the Millennium Falcon and Batcave, should be up front with the big crowd. I asked him what that was about, and he said all the toys are no more than $5, since they are just trying to get rid of their remaining clearance. I was floored, and I repeated to him "So these are $5?" He said yes, and all I would need to do is take them to the employee near the mob and she would ring it up. I quickly grabbed the Falcon and Batcave, my most wanted ones there, and took them to her, where she confirmed they were $5 each. Granted, these were marked clearance at ~$137 and $69. I couldn't contain my excitement! I quickly checked out, afraid it was a mistake, and left. I texted my fiancee when I was back in the car. I was shaking I was so excited.

I decided to venture back inside to see if anything else there was clearance. I got back to where I found the sets and everything was gone. I saw two folks with carts bigger than them loaded up with toys and Legos. I watched as one of them grabbed a handful of Legos from the actual Lego isle, none of these were marked. She said to the other guy there that they were marked down too, so I quickly grabbed the only two she left, a Mandalorian Fighter and a Republic Strike Class Fighter. I had someone in Electronics ring me out since that is where they were gathering, and sure enough they were $5. Apparently they were marking things down throughout the day, so just because it wasn't marked clearance doesn't mean it wasn't. There didn't seem to be any other sets left, as I scanned a few sets I thought might be clearance but they came up normal price.

Here are the pictures to prove it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1352 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

O_O where was this at?

#1353 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Forgot to add that. At the Walmart near Arundel Mills in Landover MD.

#1354 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

As I previously mentioned, I would strongly recommend composing a list of the clearance items you are interested in with their DPCI numbers (such as the list I put together a couple of pages back). I keep a list on a note on my iPhone which has a shorthand name of each known Target clearance set, its DPCI, and the lowest price I have found it for as well as the store location with that lowest price.

At the bottom of my list, I keep a list of what each store has in stock in terms of Lego that is either on clearance or full price as well as the quantity. I.e. LA store = Mines of Moria x3, Helm's Deep x2, Forest PD x4, Jabba x1 etc.

Once you have a list, you should be able to search on Target's website for the names of the sets/DPCIs, and select the "Find in Store". The store inventory display will pop up and list each store address and phone number along with whether or not the item is in stock.

If any stores list them as "Out of Stock" or "Limited Availability", it *may* be on clearance in that store(s)'s system. I would try calling those stores and getting a price check on the DPCI(s). Press 0 for the store operator and ask for Customer Service, NOT the toy department, then request a price check on your DPCI(s). Of course, it's all YMMV - always is when it comes to Target clearance. This will save you time and gas and allow you to formulate a plan in terms of which stores to visit and in what order.

If a store lists "Not Sold At This Store", you know not to bother there because the item won't be in the system there (and will come up as "ITEM NOT FOUND" on the in store price checkers). And of course, if it comes up as "In Stock", then you know where to get it.

I don't even bother to use the "change payment type" trick anymore, I just straightforward tell the CSR person that I bought it at another store and want to return it because it's showing that it's cheaper at this store. Almost always, they let me return and rebuy it despite it being on clearance.

For example, Helm's Deep is $119.99, $129.99, and even $139.99 at other stores. It's $34.48 and $40.56 at two other stores. So I told the employee at Customer Service that it's cheaper at her store, so I want to return it and buy it here. They might tell me to go check the shelves for it and that they can't resell it to me, but usually they do anyway, or do so after I check the shelf, come back and tell them it's not on the shelf and kindly request with my sad face/puppy dog eyes if I can buy the one I just returned. Like Colt 45, it works (almost) every time. Results may vary, though. Good luck.

You sir are the King of Clearance. Thanks again for the list you compiled. I was able to get the only Helms Deep available in the OC for $40.68. Though none of the Targets have placed the weather top past the 30% mark. Still trying to find

#1355 battledrill

battledrill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Wow. really good finds. It's also about just being at the right place at the right time. I went to a few and got shut down. But it also depends on the "cycles" each store uses to mark down stuff. I know I saw a lot of Targets this week that had 2 aisles full of stuff on clearance except Legos. I'm just gonna have to keep an eye out for these clearances to be marked down finally.
Posted Image

#1356 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Unreal guys :applause:

<-------- Super Jealous

My clearance sections never get like that. Most of the stuff you guys listed still ring up at full price at my stores.

#1357 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Forgot to add that. At the Walmart near Arundel Mills in Landover MD.

Just to let you know I am drawing a picture of you and repeatedly stabbing your hands with a pencil. Lucky >_>

Tradelist (Currently on TL hiatus)

76561198012916920.png

#1358 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Just to let you know I am drawing a picture of you and repeatedly stabbing your hands with a pencil. Lucky >_>

I second this, especially since three of those are sets I'm after (the Star Wars ones).

Ran to the further away Walmart, still no Falcon on sight even though the website has had it listed as In Stock there for weeks now. Didn't feel like fighting with customer service over finding out the price. They did have two Quinjets for $49.00, but I wasn't that interested. I also saw red tags on the Ghost Train, but they were full price.

Hit the Target by there too. They had 4 of Anakin's Jedi Interceptors left. Kind of wish I had grabbed that when it was $30 back in November, as they're still full price. Looked up and found a lone X-Wing sitting on the shelf. Still rang up at full price.

My KMart still has like three Forbidden Forest Harry Potter sets left. I know it's pricey, but I kind of want a Voldemort mini-fig and I'd rather spend $12 and get 4 mini-figs than shell out $5 plus shipping for one from Ebay.

There are three Walmarts and one Target nearby I haven't checked. The Target is about 15ish minutes, and the Walmart is another 5ish minutes down the road from there. The other two Walmarts are about 30ish minutes, but in completely opposite directions. The farthest away Walmart is the closest to a "small town" Walmart I can get, but it is also the only Walmart in a 20 mile radius. I'm thinking about checking it out anyway.

#1359 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Holy Fuck.

You guys are awesome...

#1360 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm not one to brag, but I just had to share this deal.

Unbelievable score. Congrats.

My KMart still has like three Forbidden Forest Harry Potter sets left. I know it's pricey, but I kind of want a Voldemort mini-fig and I'd rather spend $12 and get 4 mini-figs than shell out $5 plus shipping for one from Ebay.

$12 really isn't bad for that set, considering it has 4 minifigs and tree parts. I scored one for $7 a while back at Walmart. I don't really care for Harry Potter much, but it's not a bad set.

#1361 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

$12 really isn't bad for that set, considering it has 4 minifigs and tree parts. I scored one for $7 a while back at Walmart. I don't really care for Harry Potter much, but it's not a bad set.

And Hagrid is like two minifigs.

elessar123.png

#1362 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Know what I got for $5 at Walmart? 5 series 8 figures. Yeah thats it. An employee told me that the store should have 38 packs but I could only find 5.

#1363 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I can't find anything at Target..
They had a couple Mando battle packs for around $8, but I scored 8 of them at 2 different Walmarts when they were around $6 each. Have me a nice little army now :)

I just started building Helm's Deep tonight. I have been building it for about 3 hours now.
It is EASILY the greatest set I have ever had. The detail and realism is just amazing. Can't wait to have my 45 Rohan soldiers try to defend it from my 63 Uruk-Hai (thx bricklink!)!!!!

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#1364 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

I can't find anything at Target..
They had a couple Mando battle packs for around $8, but I scored 8 of them at 2 different Walmarts when they were around $6 each. Have me a nice little army now :)

I just started building Helm's Deep tonight. I have been building it for about 3 hours now.
It is EASILY the greatest set I have ever had. The detail and realism is just amazing. Can't wait to have my 45 Rohan soldiers try to defend it from my 63 Uruk-Hai (thx bricklink!)!!!!

You need to get another one and combine the two to make it more to scale.

76561198012916920.png

#1365 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

I have found absolutely zero legos on clearance. I think I will have to stop reading this thread or I might have to hang myself.

#1366 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think people here need to calm the Fuck down. It's LEGOs, it's plastic, calm down, get fucked, have a drink and calm the Fuck down. :lol:

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1367 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

I think people here need to calm the Fuck down. It's LEGOs, it's plastic, calm down, get fucked, have a drink and calm the Fuck down. :lol:

No need to be hostile. This is a thread intended for people who enjoy LEGOs and want to find deals on them. This thread subsequently is on a website dedicated to finding things as cheap as possible.

You should know this since you have been around since 2006

76561198012916920.png

#1368 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

I'm thinking someone had too much to drink tonight.

#1369 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

WTH? Some chick find you attractive and wouldn't let down?

#1370 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Sinece this is unrelated I guess I'll make it a double post, but what is with all the love for Helms Deep? I have the set and it is alright, but I have the Kingdoms castle, the previous Castle castle and the Vampyre castle, plus some other sets you could compare it to like the Mill Village Raid, the City of Atlantis and the Kingdoms Joust, and of all of those sets I mentioned, it is easily my least favorite. It just seems like it goes together oddly and fails to capture the thing that it is supposed to be. Though the rest of you seem to disagree with me so maybe there is something that I am missing.

#1371 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

no one sees the smilie?

And I'm not the one talking about hanging myself, and stabbing things over not getting a deal. So yeah I'm the crazy drunken hostile one. :roll:

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1372 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCVHpnixj88

#1373 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

The Black Pearl was a decent deal at $50. I wish the masts had a little more support, but still a nice size set. A lot of extra pieces came with it I noticed, including quite a few swords.

Didn't get to that Walmart today. I'll head out that way after work tomorrow probably.

#1374 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I am simply amazed by your clearance deals... I haven't really found anything worth posting about.

And ackbar7, I also have the two previous castles, but Helm's Deep is my favorite because of the many details. There are no BURPS at all and the building techniques are ones I hadn't seen before in a Lego set.

#1375 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

That Walmart $5 deal was amazing. Although why why WHY didn't you buy every single set that was $5, I mean every single one including multiples?!? The only thing better than a millennium falcon for $5 is multiple millennium falcons for $5 each.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1376 brock Samson

brock Samson

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

That Walmart $5 deal was amazing. Although why why WHY didn't you buy every single set that was $5, I mean every single one including multiples?!? The only thing better than a millennium falcon for $5 is multiple millennium falcons for $5 each.

That's my philosophy. If it's a good deal, I buy EVERYTHING I see. At $5, I'd have rented a uhaul!

The deals pretty much died down in my area. I revisited stores I'd made stock notes on and they were pretty much cleaned out by competitors. I can't complain, I got at least one of any particular set I wanted and got up to 25 of some sets like the landspeeder. I regret not buying more sith nightspeeders as I don't like the set but it has some unique minifigures that will probably increase its value.

I did get lucky two weekends ago at one WM that was right off the interstate. They had tons of pod racers, harbors, infiltrators, etc that were unmarked but rang for the 50%+ clearance prices. While in the store I ended up giving some sets from my cart to a guy who was with his gf who had just gifted him his first Lego for Xmas. He'd never had them as a kid and now he was hooked. Found a MF and Malevolence at another store for $79 as well which was a steal until someone got a MF for $5.

On another note, during an out of state work trip yesterday I found two masterpiece optimus primes at TRU, with the bogo 50% sale I got them for $97.50 each. A steal considering they're going for twice that on eBay.

#1377 Unaki

Unaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I am simply amazed by your clearance deals... I haven't really found anything worth posting about.

And ackbar7, I also have the two previous castles, but Helm's Deep is my favorite because of the many details. There are no BURPS at all and the building techniques are ones I hadn't seen before in a Lego set.

BURP and POOP are my favorite LEGO acronyms. I don't know why....

76561198012916920.png

#1378 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

My local Walmart had jack and shit on the shelf. I think I went way too late to catch any clearance items. But they historically have never done the $5 get it out of here sale ever.

#1379 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yay for people taking everything as opposed to what they need? Tis the American way I suppose ...

#1380 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

To be completely honest, I didn't believe him. And when he said those were $5, he only pointed to the Falcon and the Batcave. I'm not greedy so I didn't grab the other Falcon, and those were the only ones I really wanted, so when he told me that I ran to the front and sure enough they were. He did not say any of those other sets on the endcap were $5, just that the two I had were.

The lady who had the cart full of toys and Lego, a lot of those were sets from the actual Lego isle, none of them marked clearance. It turned out those other sets were $5, but I was a little too loate when I went back inside. Oh well, I'm thanking God for my lucky find and I am happy with what I have. Halfway through the Falcon and it is loads of fun. Needed it after the bad day I had, woke up to an email from my bank about some irregular charges. Turns out someone stole my debit card information and cleared my account of $600, which I'll get back eventually, but I guess that's karma kicking me for my good fortune yesterday.

And I'm sorry if I upset anyone. Didn't mean to make anyone jealous, I just wanted to share my good luck. And I have never found anything good on clearance before, but never stops me from looking, so if you think you'll never find anything, try again.

Probably my only other great deal I ever found was this.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c2f89f1e3

Found it at a Kmart for ~$6, the box was faded, looked like it had been in a stockroom for a long time, but my fiancee loves the aliens from Toy Story, so I was thrilled.