LEGO Deals 3

• Please log in to reply
6148 replies to this topic

#121 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

The Winter Post Office is only $49 on Amazon.

Should have bought the Toy Shop for $50, instead it's now $150... insane.

I had to walk away. I used to only be City sets until I had one of everything, then I moved to Castle, then that ended with Kingdoms.

It's like "I like the minifigures and pieces in this $20 Super Hero set, it's only $20". There there are 3-4 sets like that, and then massive sales at different stores. It becomes a mess.

It's gotten to the point in which I just go "No" to pretty much everything, i have enough and not enough time.

However i still check, but I still don't really buy, then regret it later. However looking back I saved $500+ mainly on sets I can't remember what they were. But then there is always one I'll remember (The Toy Shop).

However at the end of the day you need to realize that they are only plastic, and you need more important things in life than that.

#122 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Good points bigdaddy. I'm the same way. I used to buy everything on sale I came across a couple of years ago when I got back into it. I think I bought 30-40 sets each year in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I've scaled back quite a bit and have only bought 5 sets last year and this year. I have definitely become more selective, and have been thinking of selling off the sets I'm not attached to. The problem is some of those sets I don't really want to get rid of either. I have the 7676 Republic Attack Gunship that I could probably sell for $300 if I wanted to. On one hand, I have no where to put it, but on the other hand, it's a cool SW ship and I would probably regret selling it.

I do have a room where everything is stored now. I only have a few shelves and they are all already filled with built sets. I have kept the boxes so far and they take up A LOT of space. I also have those nail and screw containers lordopus99 mentioned to sort the bulk pieces.

I think it's easier not to buy video games though because if you don't buy it now, chances are it will be even cheaper later on. If you don't buy a Lego set now, you're going to be paying a lot more down the line, like the Toy Shop bigdaddy mentioned.

By the way, do you guys still use the group for trading? I'm looking to complete the recent HP collection and have some other stuff I could trade.

#123 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

However at the end of the day you need to realize that they are only plastic, and you need more important things in life than that.

True, which is why I plan on building my sets over time with my daughter as a father-daughter bonding experience. :) We're moving in a few years and she will be old enough for regular LEGOs then. She already loves the little cars I make for her and she builds cool structures with her Duplos. I probably have too much to ever have time to build with her though, so I will probably sell a portion of sets before we move.

#124 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

On the IKEA topic:

I just got a couple of these: http://www.ikea.com/...8646/#/60208648 for organizing my games and movies, but they'd also work great for Lego. They have various sizes of this type too. I already have a couple smaller ones that display my Lego, with bays of varying sizes, but doesn't look like they list it on the website. I know they still sell it though... here's a pic from google images: http://data.whicdn.c...11_05_large.jpg
FadeToOne.png

#125 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Does anyone have this set?

http://www.target.co...lot=medium_1_11

I was thinking about looking for it if I make it to a Target in the next few days. I really like those sets, and they are 20% off, but I feel if I buy one, I might end up buying the garbage truck, and SVU, and the worker truck too.

But I have a thing for small LEGO planes and camping like sets.

#126 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

I was thinking about looking for it if I make it to a Target in the next few days. I really like those sets, and they are 20% off, but I feel if I buy one, I might end up buying the garbage truck, and SVU, and the worker truck too.

they are all really nice, I have them all, I think this is one area that Lego really upped their build quality in the City sets that they have came out this last year.

#127 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

they are all really nice, I have them all, I think this is one area that Lego really upped their build quality in the City sets that they have came out this last year.

Yeah but then I'll spend $80 on the small sets and I'll look at them and go "Did i need this? I could have gotten the working train". :lol:

But yes, last year or the year before (The year with Alien Conquest) had all the neat $5 sets in all the different themes, this year LEGO did the $20 City sets that are really nice.

If Target had them in stock on-line I'd buy a few and get free shopping, I'm now going to be out of state.

The City 2013 and Ninjago set pictures are out. Let downs! The fire sets (yawn) do have things on fire, which is an improvement!

Edited by bigdaddy, 10 October 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#128 elgato11x

elgato11x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

I have it. Definitely worth $16, I paid the full $20 for it a few months ago. It's a cool little set. I bought that and the Ambulance. I've never cared much for construction so I didn't get the garbage truck or dump truck, but I really like the line of $20 City sets. Great, affordable idea.

#129 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yeah but then I'll spend $80 on the small sets and I'll look at them and go "Did i need this? I could have gotten the working train". :lol:

But yes, last year or the year before (The year with Alien Conquest) had all the neat $5 sets in all the different themes, this year LEGO did the $20 City sets that are really nice.

If Target had them in stock on-line I'd buy a few and get free shopping, I'm now going to be out of state.

The City 2013 and Ninjago set pictures are out. Let downs! The fire sets (yawn) do have things on fire, which is an improvement!

I think there was a big push for playability this year. Seems like it's more than just a vehicle at least in some of the bigger sets. There is a nice museum, and an abandon house on fire.

I think one of the fire sets have a cat up a tree which made me chuckle.

But yeah... fire and police heavy again...

#130 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

We need another Space Monorail set or bring the magnets back!!!

#131 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

We need another Space Monorail set or bring the magnets back!!!

Neither will ever happen. And small magnets in children's toys is outlawed in the EU. That's why LEGO made the train magnets so big.

The current fire station has a cat in a tree.

#132 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

I forgot about the magnets but I can always wish!!! I just need to be wowed by a set it's been a while.

#133 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

I forgot about the magnets but I can always wish!!! I just need to be wowed by a set it's been a while.

I agree. I want to see a say that makes me go "I want that!". The last time that happened was the Alien Conquest tripod set because I'm a huge sci-fi fan. I own three of those now. Plus the little $5 set with the AD soldier and the alien I have 5-6 of.

#134 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

It's confirmed! We are getting TMNT sets!

#135 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

It's confirmed! We are getting TMNT sets!

What?
Nice!
Word.

#136 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm taking my kids to the Lego Kids Fest in Michigan this weekend.

Has anyone ever been to one of these?

If so, do they sell any sets there that are unique only to the Fest?
Can't seem to find anything on the website which leads me to believe they don't.

Thanks.
Word.

#137 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

They didn't when I went 3 years ago, but things can change.

LEGO set out pizza slices to an event at comic con NYC. they will be revealed at 3pm eastern.... And I'll be on a train until midnight...

#138 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

TMNT pictures!

http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=19309

The minifigures are well done.

#139 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

2 new Super Hero sets announced.

The Bat vs. Bane - Tumbler Chase
http://www.brickset....il/?set=76001-1

Spider-Man - Daily Bugle Showdown
http://www.brickset....il/?set=76005-1

Here's the Brickset article.
http://www.brickset....rticle/?ID=4430

From the reactions over there, there's a huge disappointment over the Tumbler set. I think it's ok, it does look kind of small.

The Daily Bugle set looks amazing. Something tells me it will be a really popular one with all the figures it comes with.

#140 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

TMNT minifigs look cool. But the van seems awfully small.
The bat vs. Bane is a pretty meh. We already got Bane, and the vehicles aren't that cool.
The Daily Bugle looks great though, probably will be picking that up at some point.
edit: on second look maybe the van isn't small, just hideous.

#141 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

TMNT minifigs look cool. But the van seems awfully small.
The bat vs. Bane is a pretty meh. We already got Bane, and the vehicles aren't that cool.
The Daily Bugle looks great though, probably will be picking that up at some point.
edit: on second look maybe the van isn't small, just hideous.

I remember the classic van shooting pizzas. This has... a water canon?

I was excited about Bat vs. Bane until I realized it's the movie version. Skipping that one for sure.

I do want a Doctor Doom though.

#142 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

BWAHAHA, Krang and Splinter look hilarious, the rest are great. That tumbler looks like a joke, I mean that's supposed to be a batmobile yet it looks so tiny. Love how they're DKR movie figs though, I like that commissioner. I just wish they would put out all the villains that are still missing from this go around (yet were put out for the first Lego Batman series). Where's Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc? With Arkham at least we're finally getting another Pengiun and Scarecrow, but do we really need 2 Poison Ivy's?

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#143 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

I remember the classic van shooting pizzas. This has... a water canon?

Yeah, it seems like they could have made it shoot pizza. In fact didn't the Toy Story pizza van shoot pizzas? Not sure why this has the big awkward looking cannon on it instead. Though I am basing all of my info off of TMNT from 20 years ago.

#144 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Can't seem to find anything on the website which leads me to believe they don't.

Thanks.

I went in 2010. There were no unique sets, but they did have sets that other places were sold out of, ie. Toy Shop, Train Tracks, etc. Here were my impressions:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=5961

Man I am so disappointed in the Tumbler set. I was really hoping for a remake of the Joker's Ice Cream Truck from the first series. I still regret not picking it up for $25 when I had the chance...

#145 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Not quite LEGO (but compatible) check these out:

http://generalsjoes....o-press-images/

As a huge fan of the 80's Joe cartoon, I'm pretty excited.

#146 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Looking at the TMNT set. Crash Bandicoot confirmed.

#147 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

The zombie chauffeur poly is has been showing up in stores this week.

#148 Max Power

Max Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

The zombie chauffeur poly is has been showing up in stores this week.

I was hoping the thor poly would show up again. I don't remember my store carrying that one.

#149 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Thanks.

Cool! I'm going with my kids too. Saturday morning. We're all pretty excited about it. I just hope I don't walk out having spent way too much money in the heat of the moment. Heh.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#150 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I didn't see the price on the Daily Bugle set this morning, but I have to say, I'm impressed. I was honestly thinking it'd be inflated to $99.99ish, like the Jabba set's price tag.