• Please log in to reply
6653 replies to this topic

#1681 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

The 9496 Desert Skiff is now $17. You all got played! :lol:

I didn't. I hadn't ordered yet. Thinkin' I'm going to do so now, though. Dat Boba Fett. :)

#1682 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

You can buy a box of series 2 from Amazon for the low low price of $310. :lol:

http://www.amazon.co...ries 9 complete

Probably end up with 60 karate guys since the bar codes are so easy to cheat. I still have a full box of 1 & 2. Don't know how or why. For $2 a pack, I couldn't stop buying them. Once the price changed I regained my senses.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1683 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Probably end up with 60 karate guys since the bar codes are so easy to cheat. I still have a full box of 1 & 2. Don't know how or why. For $2 a pack, I couldn't stop buying them. Once the price changed I regained my senses.

I never have seen a series 1. Borders' had one box of 2 for $4 a piece and that's it. If I could find them I would have bought dozens.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#1684 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Glad I keep checking Target stores. I've found more sets that have dropped out of the system at the stores they are in and coming up "ITEM NOT FOUND" in the store system.

I just take them to an employee with a hand scanner/PDA for the last known price and most are of course at 70% off. Found another Uruk Hai army, a Loki cosmic cube escape, a weathertop, and a ghost train at various stores all dropped out of the system. A couple of them had an odd white sticker with "MISSED SALVAGE" on it and the original price, the DPCI number, and some other info but the employees told me it will be the last known price, which was of course 70% off on each.

As far as the desert skiff goes, forget the $17.97 -> $16.97 burn...I prefer the $7.48 each I paid for them at Target clearance:hot:

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#1685 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Shopko is some region store it seems. Anyways they have a sale on LEGO, BOGO50% on non-clearance. There isn't a lot left in stock, but someone wanted the Droid set. They have it for $20, today only they have $2 shipping, and if you are a new shopper, sign up and they give you a $5 coupon.

So it should be $27 of two of them, or find another $20 set and it will be only $13.50 a piece.

http://www.shopko.co...ms_per_page=120

#1686 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Sweet! Just want to share the wealth .. ran into this deal at these other another bargain hunter site:

LEGO Bricks & More Deluxe Brick Box #5508 (704 pieces) $34.97 + .97 cents shipping at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.c...ck-Box/13249915

#1687 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

It's the sane price as Amazon.

#1688 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

All the Toy Fair pictures are up...

http://www.flickr.co...s/fbtbnet/sets/

#1689 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

That Grand Prix Racer looks awesome... The price not so much.

#1690 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

That's one of the best priced sets of the year, 315 pieces for $30 is 10 cents a piece.

Opps, nevermind. You are talking the huge Technic set.

Edited by bigdaddy, 13 February 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#1691 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Not sure if you two are talking about the same set.

The original western sets brought me out of my dark ages. The Lone Ranger sets are so damn sexy it's scary.

I think this is the year I finally put my foot down on Star Wars. Original Trilogy only. Just too expensive and I find myself buying the sets just for minifigures. I'm already oggling the lackluster barge just for the Max Rebo fig. I know I woud be able to get them on bricklink and such, but that seems even more wasteful.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1692 Zepp-Head

Zepp-Head

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

All the Toy Fair pictures are up...

http://www.flickr.co...s/fbtbnet/sets/

Some good stuff coming. I am definitely picking up all of the new Lone Ranger and LOTR, and the Creator houses. The Castle theme does look pretty blah, but I do dig the Dragon Mountain and its awesome dragon. I guess I will have to pick up the Sail Barge just to get that sweet Max Rebo minifig (well all the new minifigs in there are must-haves), but the ship itself is not too exciting since I already have the previous version.

#1693 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger? I bought a ton of those sets for near full priced and then watched as the prices plummeted and were clearanced at Target.

Historically, haven't western Lego sets also faired poorly? I'm just assuming because castle and space seem far more popular and tend to be annual releases.

#1694 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger?

Sure... except for the fact that The Lone Ranger looks good. ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I was not excited for neither the Prince of Persia movie nor the Legos. The Lone Ranger, on the other hand, looks good on both fronts. It seems like it has a more Pirates of the Carribean 1 vibe to it, so I hope that's the direction it goes. Regardless, I can't see myself passing on very many of the Lone Ranger Legos. I definitely gotta have that stagecoach, and the train looks great as well.

#1695 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger? I bought a ton of those sets for near full priced and then watched as the prices plummeted and were clearanced at Target.

Historically, haven't western Lego sets also faired poorly? I'm just assuming because castle and space seem far more popular and tend to be annual releases.

Town, Castle and Space are the core LEGO themes, they will be around forever with releases most years.

Wild West is like Pirates, they release them once and awhile. I think the bigger issue was "cowboys vs indians" looks bad. So with the new movie solves that problem.

However Prince of Persia the movie was entertaining, but forgettable, The Lone Ranger to me just looks forgettable.

#1696 cassidyarch

cassidyarch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'll stand by that Prince of Persia castle, "The Battle of Alamut"--that was one of the nicest and most original castles in years, white, tan and gold. I bought two of them (at discount--but it was even cheaper than your standard castle, at $79 msrp)

I really like the battle pack for Lone Ranger--those cavalry soldiers look great. All of the sets look good.

And yeah, I'm feeling the call of that new Sail Barge...even though I have the older one. Max Rebo and Three-eyed dude. Curse you original trilogy sets. Watch, they'll make a $19 set next year of the whole Max Rebo band.

#1697 mweav067

mweav067

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

That's one of the best priced sets of the year, 315 pieces for $30 is 10 cents a piece.

Opps, nevermind. You are talking the huge Technic set.

I'm getting the Grand Prix Truck as soon as I find it most likely. I really like that set, and as noted it's 10 cents per piece.

The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid is another good priced set, it's $20 for 271 pieces plus Jango Fett.

#1698 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

B1G1 50% next week at TRU. Excludes Technic, Chima and TMNT.

#1699 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'll stand by that Prince of Persia castle, "The Battle of Alamut"--that was one of the nicest and most original castles in years, white, tan and gold. I bought two of them (at discount--but it was even cheaper than your standard castle, at $79 msrp).

I always kick myself for now buying that set for whatever discount I saw it at at Target. It is a very cool little castle. I think it was 30% off, I really didn't want to carry the big box back home. But 8 mini figures, a camel, all the neat colors, the theme was worth it just for the castle and animals.

#1700 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

No Friends exclusion? That would be a first, IIRC.

Too bad all their Friends stuff is marked up at least 20%. Looks like they have a Friends Birthday polybag for $4. I haven't seen that one before.

#1701 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Ugh, no TMNT? I still probably wouldn't have bought any, given TRU's markup, but I need to buy some of those sets. Hopefully Target puts them on sale sometime.

#1702 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

No Friends exclusion? That would be a first, IIRC.

Too bad all their Friends stuff is marked up at least 20%. Looks like they have a Friends Birthday polybag for $4. I haven't seen that one before.

Ugh, no TMNT? I still probably wouldn't have bought any, given TRU's markup, but I need to buy some of those sets. Hopefully Target puts them on sale sometime.

Friends and TMNT sets actually got a bit of a drop this week. Still a mark up, but not as bad.

Also, if you shop at TRU and you opt in for the e-receipts, there is a 20% off any one regular priced item coupon on the bottom of the email receipt. The coupon starts 2 - 3 days after the purchase, good for about 3 weeks and are one time use only.

#1703 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Also, if you shop at TRU and you opt in for the e-receipts, there is a 20% off any one regular priced item coupon on the bottom of the email receipt. The coupon starts 2 - 3 days after the purchase, good for about 3 weeks and are one time use only.

That's so great for TRU to do that! That would lower their normal prices to only about 35% higher than MSRP.

:)

#1704 Broseph

Broseph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Calling all LEGO deal scientists!

I want a few Galaxy Squad sets - does TRU still have any of them at decent prices? If so I might be in for the BOGO.

I seem to recall getting the Swarm Interceptor at MSRP before Christmas.

#1705 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

We are supposed to get a "town square" set that won a useless vote years ago, it's set 60026.

http://mytoyshop.com...026-town-square

Someone on Eurobricks found some Lego World pictures that have the number 60026 on it.

http://www.flickr.co...57632760943873/

I'm, not sure how a pizza place, bus and a crane fit into a "town square" but whatever.

#1706 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Well Im stoked I may found the deal of the month for me since none of the local Targets offered the LEGO on clearances.

Last night, went out to get an additional gift for my woman for V-Day and decided to look over LEGO section. As always nothing marked down nor clearances in this section.

So I decided to check the Mega Bloks aisle and oh behold on the top shelf, an lone LEGO Star Wars Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers - 7962 was there.

Quickly snagged it up and took it over price checker, "Item not found", the stars starts to align, took over to a young man scanned it in, then he goes "Im sorry sir, I cannot sell this item to you, it salvaged" after a few moment staring him down he goes "alright, let me check, is this for your son? Its for my nephew. Alright I sell it to you, the price is $14.76 after 70% discount."

Paid and snapped a pic message for nephew to see what are we building this weekend. He is super stoked cause that the only scene in the movie he likes.

#1707 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yeah it's for your "nephew". ;)

In a big "What the Fuck?!" at LEGO Shop at Home the series 9 minifigures (that I still haven't seen) are "retiring soon". It's been 1.5 months, the new ones won't be out until the end of April.

Honestly, if LEGO has started to make less of the minifigures this series I'm just completely going to ignore them then. I'm not going out of my way to find a toy.

http://shop.lego.com...ngSoon_Feb13_NA

#1708 ItzTitoYo

ItzTitoYo

dabingbadaboom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yeah it's for your "nephew". ;)

In a big "What the Fuck?!" at LEGO Shop at Home the series 9 minifigures (that I still haven't seen) are "retiring soon". It's been 1.5 months, the new ones won't be out until the end of April.

Honestly, if LEGO has started to make less of the minifigures this series I'm just completely going to ignore them then. I'm not going out of my way to find a toy.

http://shop.lego.com...ngSoon_Feb13_NA

Just because it hit the "retiring soon" doesn't mean it's out the door tomorrow. Besides informing peeps about what's leaving us soon that page is a great tool for the company to "spark" interest on a particular product that isn't selling too well.

Although the Medieval Market is sold out online my store is still receiving shipments of the set. Go figure...

#1709 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Loads of new stuff up on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Haunted House is $155ish.

#1710 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

There are now seven Ghost Trains on AWD. :lol:

Last night they had a werewolf set for $11.xx or 45% off for a few hours, I convinced myself not to by it by falling asleep. :)